Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson on facebook 11:59 - Jun 20 with 38381 viewsjudd

To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:47 - Jun 21 with 2191 views442Dale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:06 - Jun 21 by TalkingSutty

Obviously it’s up to those running the Club which Supporters organisation they wish to engage with, i did ask the question and i got the answer. Who represents the 80% of fans who choose not to join the Trust and why does the CEO/ Directors not address the whole of the fanbase rather than the Trust? The only way the overwhelming majority of our fanbase would be able to access the reasoning behind Henderson’s exit would be to visit the Trusts website, that can’t be right!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 17:07]

Who would present the list of questions to the club that supporters who are not in the Trust* have and ensure all receive answers?

Club statements appear on the club site, questions from fans that are sent via the Trust at present appear on their site. If there’s a better way, let’s explore it.

*worth noting that questions from supporters who aren’t in the Trust have been asked and answered after being collated on here. Again, not the whole fanbase, but anyone who reads this board had an opportunity recently to ask the club, the Trust and the new shareholders a question regarding the shares situation

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:52 - Jun 21 with 2174 viewsswiggy

He was offered a contract which he didn’t accept, he’s not been sacked, he wanted some “minor details” sorting out. The deadline to accept the contract on offer expired and he then found out that the offer was no longer available. Sorry but with what’s going on in the world if £3 - 4K a week for kicking a ball isn’t OK then go and be a nurse!
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:00 - Jun 21 with 2139 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:09 - Jun 21 with 2109 viewsstandale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:47 - Jun 21 by 442Dale

Who would present the list of questions to the club that supporters who are not in the Trust* have and ensure all receive answers?

Club statements appear on the club site, questions from fans that are sent via the Trust at present appear on their site. If there’s a better way, let’s explore it.

*worth noting that questions from supporters who aren’t in the Trust have been asked and answered after being collated on here. Again, not the whole fanbase, but anyone who reads this board had an opportunity recently to ask the club, the Trust and the new shareholders a question regarding the shares situation

Actually this is one of the reasons I joined this forum, I’ve read it for years, but now know that I can get a question answered via you . But it does seem a bit unfair on people who are trust members and is one of the reasons I’ve decided to join. Also I think I’m right in saying as a member of the trust I could go to an agm and if I’m not happy about something I could let my feelings be known and ask to change things perhaps.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:17 - Jun 21 with 2072 views442Dale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:09 - Jun 21 by standale

Actually this is one of the reasons I joined this forum, I’ve read it for years, but now know that I can get a question answered via you . But it does seem a bit unfair on people who are trust members and is one of the reasons I’ve decided to join. Also I think I’m right in saying as a member of the trust I could go to an agm and if I’m not happy about something I could let my feelings be known and ask to change things perhaps.

That’s it. Also, as the Trust have shares in the club, by being a member you have a say when it comes to shareholding issues. This was something that was illustrated by the Trust calling an EGM ahead of the club AGM/EGM, before both had to be postponed due to the coronavirus situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:29 - Jun 21 with 2030 viewsTalkingSutty

Ian Henderson on facebook on 17:32 - Jun 21 by standale

My analogy is, is that it’s probably better to have 20% of the fan base together as a united voice than 80% of disunited people with all differing positions. I’ve never joined the trust before, but because of everything that’s happened swiftly over the last twelve month and it only being a fiver this year I have joined. If I don’t like what I get, I’ll not join again.

Well each to their own, there are a few things with the set up that I don’t particularly agree with and that’s why I haven’t joined. One thing I will say though is I have no doubt that those on the Committee are doing their very best and have the best interest of the Club and their members at heart. They have to walk a fine line I appreciate that, but for me they fall the wrong side of it and maybe that’s something that is unavoidable because the lines of communication within the Club are the main priority.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:30 - Jun 21 with 1883 viewstodmordendale

I think it was Fergie who said “no player is bigger that the club”.
Big Time Charlie Ince, Hairdryer Beckham, Big Boots Keane. If they don’t like it ... get rid and move on.
Not sure what the ‘minor details’ were with Hendo, but don’t give it all this “ I love this club” malarkey expecting sympathy and support. A deal was there when millions are losing their jobs. Always a bit too cocky for me.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:39 - Jun 21 with 1848 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:30 - Jun 21 by todmordendale

I think it was Fergie who said “no player is bigger that the club”.
Big Time Charlie Ince, Hairdryer Beckham, Big Boots Keane. If they don’t like it ... get rid and move on.
Not sure what the ‘minor details’ were with Hendo, but don’t give it all this “ I love this club” malarkey expecting sympathy and support. A deal was there when millions are losing their jobs. Always a bit too cocky for me.

There's a "player" far too high up for his skill set that thinks he's bigger than the club
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:01 - Jun 21 with 1800 viewsTalkingSutty

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:39 - Jun 21 by nordenblue

There's a "player" far too high up for his skill set that thinks he's bigger than the club

...and is constantly exposed, it's becoming an almost weekly event now, there's always something!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 20:12]
Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:20 - Jun 21 with 1735 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:01 - Jun 21 by TalkingSutty

...and is constantly exposed, it's becoming an almost weekly event now, there's always something!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 20:12]

There always will be,he's well out of his depth and continues to highlight it in such spectacular fashion.

As a side note you make some superb points TS, I must say I agree with probably 99.9% of your points, dont ever change and keeping asking the difficult questions, for me there's certain areas of the Trust that sit far too comfy with the club to ever possibly represent any remote degree of impartiality for a fan base...
Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:26 - Jun 21 with 1698 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:20 - Jun 21 by nordenblue

There always will be,he's well out of his depth and continues to highlight it in such spectacular fashion.

As a side note you make some superb points TS, I must say I agree with probably 99.9% of your points, dont ever change and keeping asking the difficult questions, for me there's certain areas of the Trust that sit far too comfy with the club to ever possibly represent any remote degree of impartiality for a fan base...

That's a fair point nb, but as an optimist i'd like to think there's scope for change; and change usually occurs when events bring these matters into sharper focus

As i posted earlier, all eyes on the meeting next week

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:56 - Jun 21 with 1610 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:26 - Jun 21 by D_Alien

That's a fair point nb, but as an optimist i'd like to think there's scope for change; and change usually occurs when events bring these matters into sharper focus

As i posted earlier, all eyes on the meeting next week

You'd hope so DA....but when you reach a stage where the optimism has been booted all around the yard like a popped football, that's about where I'm currently at im afraid....
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:07 - Jun 21 with 1571 viewskel

There’s absolutely no need for a fresh supporters group as people are quite free to offer their services to the current organisation and be co-opted on to the board. When I was involved I think (and I stand to be corrected if wrong) that the trust constitution was amended to allow up to 20 board members. Use the structure already in place if feelings are that strong and make a difference from within. Maybe call on the ‘80%’ of non members to help make the changes wanted.

Genuine good wishes to those volunteering themselves.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 21:07]
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:36 - Jun 21 with 1470 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:07 - Jun 21 by kel

There’s absolutely no need for a fresh supporters group as people are quite free to offer their services to the current organisation and be co-opted on to the board. When I was involved I think (and I stand to be corrected if wrong) that the trust constitution was amended to allow up to 20 board members. Use the structure already in place if feelings are that strong and make a difference from within. Maybe call on the ‘80%’ of non members to help make the changes wanted.

Would echo your sentiments 're the Trust volunteers.

I have noticed of late that the Trust no longer post on this message board.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:44 - Jun 21 with 1446 viewskel

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:36 - Jun 21 by judd

Would echo your sentiments 're the Trust volunteers.

I have noticed of late that the Trust no longer post on this message board.

Me too although no idea why.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:48 - Jun 21 with 1423 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:44 - Jun 21 by kel

Me too although no idea why.

Pitch fork and burning torch brigade?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:48 - Jun 21 with 1419 views49thseason

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:07 - Jun 21 by kel

The only way to force effective change is by owning or having the support of people with the quantities of shares to enable or if necessary enforce the sort of transparency that will bring about a change.

RAFC is not some sort of private club it is a Privately held Limited Company and subject to the Companies Act and consequently those with the most votes ( shares) call the tune.

The question to be asked is "what sort of club do the shareholders want and are the current Directors capable of delivering it"? If the shareholders do not believe the board is acting appropriately or capable of doing so and 50%+ of the total shareholding are in agreement, then they have the remedy in their own hands.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:50 - Jun 21 with 1413 viewsJames1980

Forget everything else the way Ian Henderson found out is wrong plain and simple. It does not take a Q & A with the trust (no complaints about the trust from me BTW). To issue an apology that was how he found out. Ffs someone pick up the phone and say sorry. Surely after that someone can then log onto Twitter and Facebook type a few lines of public apology.
The Q&A is still important and will hopefully reveal amongst other things why Hendo got his P45 by email.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 14:51]

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:53 - Jun 21 with 1405 viewskel

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:48 - Jun 21 by judd

Pitch fork and burning torch brigade?

Have they been caught committing a HEINOUS crime like daring to go on a website that isn’t Rochdale orientated maybe?
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:53 - Jun 21 with 1403 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:50 - Jun 21 by James1980

Forget everything else the way Ian Henderson found out is wrong plain and simple. It does not take a Q & A with the trust (no complaints about the trust from me BTW). To issue an apology that was how he found out. Ffs someone pick up the phone and say sorry. Surely after that someone can then log onto Twitter and Facebook type a few lines of public apology.
The Q&A is still important and will hopefully reveal amongst other things why Hendo got his P45 by email.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 14:51]

The Q&A appears to be about numerous issues, Hendo being just 1.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:55 - Jun 21 with 1393 viewstodmordendale

But we have not been privy to what has happened and most on here are commenting on a Facebook post. The full picture has not been painted.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:01 - Jun 21 with 1371 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:55 - Jun 21 by todmordendale

But we have not been privy to what has happened and most on here are commenting on a Facebook post. The full picture has not been painted.

To be fair that Facebook post was posted by Ian Henderson.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:06 - Jun 21 with 1345 viewstodmordendale

One side of the story by Henderson.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:08 - Jun 21 with 1332 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:06 - Jun 21 by todmordendale

One side of the story by Henderson.

Of course. There were no other sides available when I posted it.

Ian Henderson on facebook on 22:08 - Jun 21 with 1332 viewsJames1980

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:53 - Jun 21 by judd

The Q&A appears to be about numerous issues, Hendo being just 1.

And of course it should still go ahead.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024