Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson on facebook 11:59 - Jun 20 with 38169 viewsjudd

To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:25 - Jun 22 with 3036 viewsSuddenLad

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:08 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

The contact made with the Trust on Saturday was specifically around the questions sent two weeks ago and a follow up to them. Unfortunately, and it is just an opinion, the Henderson issue has muddied the waters a bit over recent days.

Fans need more information about the direction of the club, both in relation to how the shareholding may impact that and how the current situation is being managed with a transparent plan in place that supporters can appreciate.

In the grand scheme of things one player, albeit a very influential one, is a bit inconsequential.

Agreed and barring more revelations, the Hendogate issue has now run its' course, so no point wasting more breath and energy on that.

We now need a clear explanation of where the club is heading, what the club long term ambitions are and an indication of the financial stability as it stands.

Doubtless, there will be huge changes, some which will be imposed, others made by choice. If the club expect to sell season tickets, there needs to be a good reason to buy them.

Going backwards on the field, won't be one of them.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:27 - Jun 22 with 3038 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:41 - Jun 22 by electricblue

Can the board be trusted on telling the truth!!

Is that supposed to be a question , a statement of fact, or what you believe ? 😀

EDIT smiley face added.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 19:43]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 2859 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:27 - Jun 22 by foreverhopefulDale

Is that supposed to be a question , a statement of fact, or what you believe ? 😀

EDIT smiley face added.

I don’t fully trust the board but it’s fair to say I trust Henderson less!

I posted another thread relating to who benefited from the leak and stand by that, why do you need 2 agents? that’s surely just more confusing to all, why did you not sign the contract? Because you wanted more (be it in years or cash). Why did you take to social media so quickly to cause this mess? Because that’s exactly what you wanted! Why did you end with “up the Dale”, because you wanted to have the fans on side kicking off, make trouble because you did not get what you wanted and told a few porkies potentially to make it look worse.

It all stinks of Henderson not getting his way and taking his ball home. He should have signed the contract, which it’s common knowledge he had been offered, but maybe his attitude and email only communication was the last straw.

Good player, good memories, but I can’t wait to see a hungry new striker, a more responsible captain and a football club that don’t do an Arsenal, and bow down to players!

I would however say that some of Ian’s off the field activities have been nothing short of the perfect example in the past, regardless of what has happened now, I won’t ever forget those!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:07 - Jun 22 with 2850 views56years

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:20 - Jun 22 by judd

Accepted.

I didn't ask if they had or hadn't contacted him in the manner I suggested, only should or shouldn't they?

I give up - are you ever wrong? I deeply admire the person you live with - they must be a saint!
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:30 - Jun 22 with 2675 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:07 - Jun 22 by 56years

I give up - are you ever wrong? I deeply admire the person you live with - they must be a saint!

Not a Knights Templar?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 21:34]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 2638 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:07 - Jun 22 by 56years

Well you've been unable to prove so thus far.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:05 - Jun 23 with 2403 viewsmingthemerciless

Am I allowed to say I'm glad Big Reg still holds the goal scoring record ? He was an inspirational player when the club was going through some pretty thin times as well as being instrumental in seeing the Dale promoted for the first time.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:14 - Jun 23 with 2379 viewsstandale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:05 - Jun 23 by mingthemerciless

Am I allowed to say I'm glad Big Reg still holds the goal scoring record ? He was an inspirational player when the club was going through some pretty thin times as well as being instrumental in seeing the Dale promoted for the first time.

Why would you not be allowed to say that. It is a fair statement.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 2343 viewselectricblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:27 - Jun 22 by foreverhopefulDale

EDIT smiley face added.

i dont trust the board at tbh they will on tell us want we want to hear.
That is their attempt to pacify things..

I also do not like the closeness of the trust committee with the club board.
A member of the trust should not be sitting at the top table and being in a relationship with a Dale board member.

It just dont sit right with me at all..
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 9:55]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:07 - Jun 23 with 2209 viewsD_Alien

There are probably quite a few who'd agree with you, including myself. Of course, many regular posters won't have seen him in action, but suffice to say that the way he conducted himself both on and off the pitch was an object lesson in how to be effective and an absolute pain in the backside to the opposition, whilst never uttering a word of complaint or find himself troubling the ref

He remains - and quite possibly always will remain - our greatest goalscorer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:11 - Jun 23 with 2191 viewsEllDale

If I were Mr Henderson I would be looking to appoint new agent(s).
He looks to have been badly advised, especially if they suggested the strategy of the facebook entry and composed it for him.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:30 - Jun 23 with 2128 viewsnordenblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:03 - Jun 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

I posted another thread relating to who benefited from the leak and stand by that, why do you need 2 agents? that’s surely just more confusing to all, why did you not sign the contract? Because you wanted more (be it in years or cash). Why did you take to social media so quickly to cause this mess? Because that’s exactly what you wanted! Why did you end with “up the Dale”, because you wanted to have the fans on side kicking off, make trouble because you did not get what you wanted and told a few porkies potentially to make it look worse.

It all stinks of Henderson not getting his way and taking his ball home. He should have signed the contract, which it’s common knowledge he had been offered, but maybe his attitude and email only communication was the last straw.

Good player, good memories, but I can’t wait to see a hungry new striker, a more responsible captain and a football club that don’t do an Arsenal, and bow down to players!

I would however say that some of Ian’s off the field activities have been nothing short of the perfect example in the past, regardless of what has happened now, I won’t ever forget those!

What activities are you taking about regarding Hendos "off the field activities"?
Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:48 - Jun 23 with 2092 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:12 - Jun 23 with 2032 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on facebook on 19:25 - Jun 22 by SuddenLad

Agreed and barring more revelations, the Hendogate issue has now run its' course, so no point wasting more breath and energy on that.

We now need a clear explanation of where the club is heading, what the club long term ambitions are and an indication of the financial stability as it stands.

Doubtless, there will be huge changes, some which will be imposed, others made by choice. If the club expect to sell season tickets, there needs to be a good reason to buy them.

Going backwards on the field, won't be one of them.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Picking over the bones of Hendogate any further, won't do any favours to anyone. I don't think either side's "version of the truth" is absolute either, but it is what it is and there's no way back from it. If Hendo was petulant in the way he left the club it's the same as the way he left the field a few times, but his passion and taking things a bit too far on occasions are what contributed to him being the player and legend he was. He was paid well for his services and he entertained us equally well. I'll be sad to never see him in a Dale shirt again and as I never saw Reg, I would have liked to see Hendo break the records in the same way I enjoyed seeing us at OT, Wembley, draw with Spurs, stay in L1 etc etc. No disrespect to Reg.

Hendogate is but one concern surrounding how our club is run and what we have to look forward to in the future, and it is the future we all need to be most concerned about now. That obviously starts with the eagerly awaited next statement from the Trust.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:13 - Jun 23 with 2021 viewsTVOS1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:07 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

There are probably quite a few who'd agree with you, including myself. Of course, many regular posters won't have seen him in action, but suffice to say that the way he conducted himself both on and off the pitch was an object lesson in how to be effective and an absolute pain in the backside to the opposition, whilst never uttering a word of complaint or find himself troubling the ref

He remains - and quite possibly always will remain - our greatest goalscorer

Interestingly, Henderson would have most likely broken the record had he not missed eight penalties and been sent-off six times...

His release is not good for us stattos!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:13 - Jun 23 with 2028 viewsjustanillusion

Cheers for BBC link, No sour grapes from Wilbraham, he says1500 players throughout EFL released this summer due to the uncertain times we live in, that gives me positivity we can pick up some good players whose wage demands may have dropped for next season
Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:14 - Jun 23 with 2026 viewsalderleydale

With you all the way on this post Ming.
Reg Still the best player to play for the Dale.
And as DA says a true gent in every sense of the word.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 13:38 - Jun 23 with 1881 viewsaleanddale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 20:03 - Jun 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Excellent post agree 100%.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 18:23 - Jun 23 with 1673 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:42 - Jun 23 by electricblue

i dont trust the board at tbh they will on tell us want we want to hear.
That is their attempt to pacify things..

I also do not like the closeness of the trust committee with the club board.
A member of the trust should not be sitting at the top table and being in a relationship with a Dale board member.

It just dont sit right with me at all..
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 9:55]

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying some of what you think.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:02 - Jun 23 with 1535 viewsmingthemerciless

Ian Henderson on facebook on 12:14 - Jun 23 by alderleydale

With you all the way on this post Ming.
Reg Still the best player to play for the Dale.
And as DA says a true gent in every sense of the word.

He was an unusual combination in that although he was quite a physical player who used his size to good effect he wasn't a mean or nasty player. I never saw him do anything untoward or spiteful towards an opponent. He must have been a real handful to play against.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 21:29 - Jun 23 with 1461 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:30 - Jun 23 by nordenblue

What activities are you taking about regarding Hendos "off the field activities"?

You have a pm norden.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ian Henderson on facebook on 05:25 - Jun 24 with 1313 viewsAlexF

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:48 - Jun 23 by 442Dale

Some interesting info from Aaron which adds to current confusion I have around the finances of the club, perhaps you folks can help me. Its pretty clear that the players have had a picture painted of a club in desperate trouble, in danger of administration. Lets take a look back at some of the club income speculated on this forum this season:
- £350k up front for Adshead
- £1M up front for Matheson
- 3 games against prem teams in cups - shall we say £250k?
-£1.4M in the form of a council loan to cover ongoing improvements, secured against the ground, which the club owns.
- a further decent sum imminent for Craig Dawson sell on, not sure how much.

Against this, the players and staff are largely furloughed, so no outgoings there, end March to end October is it? Aaron mentions player deferments? How is that when they arent being paid?

I dont get it, where did all the money go?
Ian Henderson on facebook on 06:48 - Jun 24 with 1258 viewsisitme

Ian Henderson on facebook on 05:25 - Jun 24 by AlexF

Some interesting info from Aaron which adds to current confusion I have around the finances of the club, perhaps you folks can help me. Its pretty clear that the players have had a picture painted of a club in desperate trouble, in danger of administration. Lets take a look back at some of the club income speculated on this forum this season:
- £350k up front for Adshead
- £1M up front for Matheson
- 3 games against prem teams in cups - shall we say £250k?
-£1.4M in the form of a council loan to cover ongoing improvements, secured against the ground, which the club owns.
- a further decent sum imminent for Craig Dawson sell on, not sure how much.

Against this, the players and staff are largely furloughed, so no outgoings there, end March to end October is it? Aaron mentions player deferments? How is that when they arent being paid?

I dont get it, where did all the money go?

Up front transfer fees are rarely paid straight away and often come installments, sometimes quite a distance apart.Although wage costs will have been minimal, so will income unless the EFL have made any payments. There will still be ongoing costs even with the club being mothballed for months.

So to answer your questions much of the transfer fees will be received in installments over the next couple of seasons and other money will have been spent on the pitch and new ticketing system etc.We will possibly still be owed money from the sale of players such as Cannon. I do think the board are being cautious, which is right as they have no indication when paying supporters will be allowed back into stadiums. I did read somewhere of a limit of 5000 supporters from October, which would make sense if all children return to school in September and infections etc continue to drop.

Also if you negotiating new contracts you do not want to appear to be flush with money or wage demands may rise accordingly.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 08:39 - Jun 24 with 1150 viewselectricblue

Ian Henderson on facebook on 06:48 - Jun 24 by isitme

Up front transfer fees are rarely paid straight away and often come installments, sometimes quite a distance apart.Although wage costs will have been minimal, so will income unless the EFL have made any payments. There will still be ongoing costs even with the club being mothballed for months.

So to answer your questions much of the transfer fees will be received in installments over the next couple of seasons and other money will have been spent on the pitch and new ticketing system etc.We will possibly still be owed money from the sale of players such as Cannon. I do think the board are being cautious, which is right as they have no indication when paying supporters will be allowed back into stadiums. I did read somewhere of a limit of 5000 supporters from October, which would make sense if all children return to school in September and infections etc continue to drop.

Also if you negotiating new contracts you do not want to appear to be flush with money or wage demands may rise accordingly.

Dont the transfer fees come in during the length of the players contract!
Therefore if Dale where entitled to £120k and Canon signed a 3yr deal them Dale would get £40k per annum spread maybe in quarterly payments.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:24 - Jun 24 with 1076 viewsisitme

Ian Henderson on facebook on 08:39 - Jun 24 by electricblue

Dont the transfer fees come in during the length of the players contract!
Therefore if Dale where entitled to £120k and Canon signed a 3yr deal them Dale would get £40k per annum spread maybe in quarterly payments.....

Often, but not always. That is the problem with headline figures, or even assumed figures as the fees are often undisclosed as the final fee may depend on a range of factors and payments may be spread over a number of years or based on a number of criteria.

Player A - Sold to Club X and signs a three year deal.

- Undisclosed fee believed to be £500,000.
- £100,000 up front.
- £100,000 payable on 1st June 2021
- £100,000 payable on 1st June 2022
- £1,000 per appearance up to 100 appearances.
- £100,000 if the club is promoted during the three year deal.
- 20% of any profit made on a subsequent sales.

To say a club has raised £500,000 in transfer fees may be sort of accurate, but when this money will be paid depends on the structure of deal and deals will be markedly different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024