Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go? 13:56 - Apr 12 with 34114 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Time to go? on 11:34 - Apr 13 with 1765 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 11:29 - Apr 13 by standale

but that isn’t an answer to my question, lots of people on here claiming his lies should cost him his job, so by the same token should Starmer resign? can you answer that please, a lie is a lie , no matter what spin you put on it

See ATP's post.
Time to go? on 11:39 - Apr 13 with 1724 viewsChaffRAFC

Time to go? on 09:54 - Apr 13 by NorthernDale

Yes, Boris broke the rules and as been fined, but so as so many other MP's (and not been fined), even Starmer was caught having a drink with other MP's after a meeting (but the police said nothing wrong, would that have occurred if it was me and you?), Sturgeon was also caught breaking the rules, but she held on to her job. The only politician, I know of, who as not broken the rules is Drakeford and who would invite him for a drink or out to a party? How many of whose obey the rules and did not meet up with friends? I find the hypocrisy of the media shocking, was it not Beth Rigby and colleagues who were caught attending a meal, did they resign?

We all know that the political, media and Metropolitan elite have got it for Boris, for delivering the Brexit vote and getting through Parliament. There as been constant attacks since 2016 and to quote Lord Adonis 'get rid of Boris, get rid of Brexit'. Yes, Boris and Carrie (who for a PR consultant) have been silly to make so many errors of judgements that as allowed his enemies to go for them. Yes, he may have mislead or lied to the public, but name a politician who as not, Starmer and Labour, said we should join the European vaccination scheme and then said they did not, they demanded stricter lockdown rules and even wanted to be extended, yet the other week, said they opposed the lockdowns, what hypocrisy! Should they resign for lying? I saw a Poll this morning that showed that 67% of people said Boris should stay as PM, it is a pity that the elite do not listen to the people, because they have their own agenda.

I think Boris is safe for the time being, because who as the personalty in politics like him, Labour's Starmer has the leadership skills and management skills of a middle manager in the civil service, Gove is a safe pair of hands and so is Ben Wallace, but that is all you can say about them. So there is no one to challenge him in the Tory party and the modern labour party cannot be taken serious, with politicians like Rayner and seem more interested in partygate, inability to define a woman and woke issues, then serious issues impacting on the country. We need a government that is focused on dealing with the aftermath of the pandemic, rebuilding the economy, dealing with the cost of living crisis (which Sunak as failed to do, so far) and the war in the Ukraine. So I would keep with Boris, because he is the best of a bad bunch.

Christ alive, who took part in that poll? His family?

Every poll I've seen this morning states the opposite with the majority wanting him to resign! YouGov for example.

And he's been done for breaking the LAW, not the rules! He's done that thousands of other times (no mask in hospital or on public transport for example)

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time to go? on 11:41 - Apr 13 with 1710 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 07:20 - Apr 13 by ChaffRAFC

Amended.

Anxiously await my £50 fine.

Johnson and his corrupt cronies didn't just break the rules, they broke the law while people weren't able to say goodbye to loved ones at funerals.

very honourable of you, i’m sure if it was a criminal offence you would have payed a fine if applicable and apologised , which is what johnson has done, but any chance we can get to the real crux of the matter here, this is just another stick for the Tory haters to beat him with.
ordinarily i would have said the rite thing to do would be for him to go, but these are extraordinary times.
there will be an election in a few years time, let’s wait until then and let the public decide
Time to go? on 11:47 - Apr 13 with 1676 viewsrich_dale

Yes, Boris broke the rules and as been fined, but so as so many other MP's (and not been fined), even Starmer was caught having a drink with other MP's after a meeting (but the police said nothing wrong, would that have occurred if it was me and you?), Sturgeon was also caught breaking the rules, but she held on to her job. The only politician, I know of, who as not broken the rules is Drakeford and who would invite him for a drink or out to a party? How many of whose obey the rules and did not meet up with friends? I find the hypocrisy of the media shocking, was it not Beth Rigby and colleagues who were caught attending a meal, did they resign?

We all know that the political, media and Metropolitan elite have got it for Boris, for delivering the Brexit vote and getting through Parliament. There as been constant attacks since 2016 and to quote Lord Adonis 'get rid of Boris, get rid of Brexit'. Yes, Boris and Carrie (who for a PR consultant) have been silly to make so many errors of judgements that as allowed his enemies to go for them. Yes, he may have mislead or lied to the public, but name a politician who as not, Starmer and Labour, said we should join the European vaccination scheme and then said they did not, they demanded stricter lockdown rules and even wanted to be extended, yet the other week, said they opposed the lockdowns, what hypocrisy! Should they resign for lying? I saw a Poll this morning that showed that 67% of people said Boris should stay as PM, it is a pity that the elite do not listen to the people, because they have their own agenda.

I think Boris is safe for the time being, because who as the personalty in politics like him, Labour's Starmer has the leadership skills and management skills of a middle manager in the civil service, Gove is a safe pair of hands and so is Ben Wallace, but that is all you can say about them. So there is no one to challenge him in the Tory party and the modern labour party cannot be taken serious, with politicians like Rayner and seem more interested in partygate, inability to define a woman and woke issues, then serious issues impacting on the country. We need a government that is focused on dealing with the aftermath of the pandemic, rebuilding the economy, dealing with the cost of living crisis (which Sunak as failed to do, so far) and the war in the Ukraine. So I would keep with Boris, because he is the best of a bad bunch.

The 'elite' is Johnson and his Etonian chums. The media haven't exactly got it in for him, The Sun and Mail front pages this morning are doing their best to shift the spotlight away. The Tories get a relatively easy ride from the mainstream media. If Labour had presided over just a fraction of the sh1tshow of the last 2.5 years, the reaction would have been much more brutal.
Time to go? on 11:49 - Apr 13 with 1668 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 11:34 - Apr 13 by Mass_Debater

See ATP's post.

no whataboutary, people claiming some one should lose their job if they tell lies, but only if it suits their political persuasions, so it seems,
hypocrisy is the term ATP should be posting about
Time to go? on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 1663 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 11:39 - Apr 13 by ChaffRAFC

Christ alive, who took part in that poll? His family?

Every poll I've seen this morning states the opposite with the majority wanting him to resign! YouGov for example.

And he's been done for breaking the LAW, not the rules! He's done that thousands of other times (no mask in hospital or on public transport for example)

They probably polled all his kids.
Time to go? on 11:51 - Apr 13 with 1656 viewstony_roch975

Which poll did you read - according to YouGov 57 per cent of all voters say that the Prime Minister should now resign, while Opinium put the figure at 59 per cent and Savanta ComRes at 61 per cent. How about we have a BJexit referendum - then the people can decide if the elite should stay or go!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Time to go? on 11:56 - Apr 13 with 1615 viewstony_roch975

Time to go? on 11:49 - Apr 13 by standale

no whataboutary, people claiming some one should lose their job if they tell lies, but only if it suits their political persuasions, so it seems,

spin or lies is certainly not limited to Boris but the issue is his lying to Parliament - which his own Ministerial Code says is a resigning matter

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Time to go? on 12:07 - Apr 13 with 1557 viewsChaffRAFC

Time to go? on 11:41 - Apr 13 by standale

very honourable of you, i’m sure if it was a criminal offence you would have payed a fine if applicable and apologised , which is what johnson has done, but any chance we can get to the real crux of the matter here, this is just another stick for the Tory haters to beat him with.
ordinarily i would have said the rite thing to do would be for him to go, but these are extraordinary times.
there will be an election in a few years time, let’s wait until then and let the public decide

I'm not running the country, enforcing the rules and laws

First ever sitting prime minister to be done for breaking the law.

That in itself should be reason for removal let alone a resignation. How many times has he openly lied in parliament? Deliberately misleading parliament should be a resignation matter.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time to go? on 12:10 - Apr 13 with 1549 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 11:56 - Apr 13 by tony_roch975

spin or lies is certainly not limited to Boris but the issue is his lying to Parliament - which his own Ministerial Code says is a resigning matter

Fair point, but if one defines a lie as saying something you know to be untrue, it's far from clear that he was lying

One might call that 'spin', but then we're just back to judgement

Boris is certainly guilty of poor judgement in this matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time to go? on 12:11 - Apr 13 with 1549 viewsMass_Debater

You've no idea of the political persuasions of people posting on here. It's about common decency and ignoring the rules he and his Government set, while the rest of us minions managed to follow them, often at great personal expense, work issues and family relationships. What's so hard to understand about that?
Time to go? on 12:40 - Apr 13 with 1486 viewsAtThePeake

hypocrisy
/hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/

noun

the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

"his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life"

So would that be a bit like a government and Prime Minister setting laws for the public to follow then failing to follow them themselves?

Tangled up in blue.

Time to go? on 12:44 - Apr 13 with 1469 viewsoff2div1

Didn't know Rochdale was the Labour party Head Office.
Time to go? on 12:48 - Apr 13 with 1462 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 12:40 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

hypocrisy
/hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/

noun

the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

"his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life"

So would that be a bit like a government and Prime Minister setting laws for the public to follow then failing to follow them themselves?

yes, you are correct, so by the same token why aren’t people calling for Starmers head, when he has clearly lied to the electorate?
Time to go? on 12:58 - Apr 13 with 1428 viewsAtThePeake

Time to go? on 12:48 - Apr 13 by standale

yes, you are correct, so by the same token why aren’t people calling for Starmers head, when he has clearly lied to the electorate?

I would imagine it's because people are less bothered by the people who aren't in power? I know you think it'll be because of my own political leanings but the truth is I'm absolutely not a Starmer fan, would gladly see him leave his position and most likely won't vote at all in the next GE and if I do I very much doubt it'll be for Labour.

People who are actually in power are generally held to a higher standard than those that aren't though and I suspect to most people that being fined for breaking a law that he himself had introduced is seen as a larger transgression than lying to the electorate which, as others have pointed out, is pretty much commonplace (unfortunately).

Tangled up in blue.

Time to go? on 12:59 - Apr 13 with 1417 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 12:11 - Apr 13 by Mass_Debater

You've no idea of the political persuasions of people posting on here. It's about common decency and ignoring the rules he and his Government set, while the rest of us minions managed to follow them, often at great personal expense, work issues and family relationships. What's so hard to understand about that?

its pretty obvious what political persuasions quite a lot of people who post are, now at the end of the day it’s about opinions, as ive said imho I don’t think Johnson should resign as i can’t think of any one else in the tory party who could do any better and as ive already said, these are extraordinary times, so in answer to the o p , no
Time to go? on 13:01 - Apr 13 with 1410 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 12:48 - Apr 13 by standale

Because he's not the PM setting rules and regulations for the rest of us to follow while him and his cronies ignore them.

It really is that simple.

And you're back to whataboutery...
Time to go? on 13:05 - Apr 13 with 1388 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 12:59 - Apr 13 by standale

its pretty obvious what political persuasions quite a lot of people who post are, now at the end of the day it’s about opinions, as ive said imho I don’t think Johnson should resign as i can’t think of any one else in the tory party who could do any better and as ive already said, these are extraordinary times, so in answer to the o p , no

So he should stay where he is just because there's nobody else? You're giving him carte blanche to do what he wants because there isn't, in your eyes, replacement. Brilliant.

What about his mate Sunak, while we're at it?
Time to go? on 13:05 - Apr 13 with 1387 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 12:58 - Apr 13 by AtThePeake

I would imagine it's because people are less bothered by the people who aren't in power? I know you think it'll be because of my own political leanings but the truth is I'm absolutely not a Starmer fan, would gladly see him leave his position and most likely won't vote at all in the next GE and if I do I very much doubt it'll be for Labour.

People who are actually in power are generally held to a higher standard than those that aren't though and I suspect to most people that being fined for breaking a law that he himself had introduced is seen as a larger transgression than lying to the electorate which, as others have pointed out, is pretty much commonplace (unfortunately).

fair enough, and respect your honest reply,
Time to go? on 13:16 - Apr 13 with 1366 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 13:05 - Apr 13 by Mass_Debater

So he should stay where he is just because there's nobody else? You're giving him carte blanche to do what he wants because there isn't, in your eyes, replacement. Brilliant.

and your giving the opposition carte blanche to lie to the electorate and not face any consequences, when found out, brilliant, thats fair is it, this bloke aims to be the next pm.
As for Sunak, a replacement for him would be easier to find, but not to be hypocritical, the same goes for him imo, I don’t think he should resign
Time to go? on 13:18 - Apr 13 with 1358 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 13:05 - Apr 13 by Mass_Debater

If Sunak really wanted to embarrass BJ, he'd tender his resignation

That'd create even greater pressure with people saying "Sunak's done the right thing, why don't you?"

It could mean a spell in the political wilderness, or maybe he'd just depart for the US (as he's said he's likely to do at some point in the future). Depends what his political ambitions are, and whether he thinks BJ will stand by him in future

It's a dirty business, that's for sure. What surprises me is how cleaner than white people expect politicians to be, when most of them get where they are by being pretty ruthless, ambitious, and yes, self-serving as well as having the hide any 'remaining' rhinos might be proud of

[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 13:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time to go? on 13:26 - Apr 13 with 1340 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 13:16 - Apr 13 by standale

and your giving the opposition carte blanche to lie to the electorate and not face any consequences, when found out, brilliant, thats fair is it, this bloke aims to be the next pm.
As for Sunak, a replacement for him would be easier to find, but not to be hypocritical, the same goes for him imo, I don’t think he should resign

I'm not giving the opposition anything. I have no interest or leanings towards them, even though you seem to think anyone with common decency who doesn't like what BJ did does have.

This is purely and simply about BJ and his cronies breaking rules WHICH THEY IMPOSED, despite telling us they hadn't.

What are you finding hard to understand in that?
Time to go? on 13:27 - Apr 13 with 1333 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 13:18 - Apr 13 by D_Alien

If Sunak really wanted to embarrass BJ, he'd tender his resignation

That'd create even greater pressure with people saying "Sunak's done the right thing, why don't you?"

It could mean a spell in the political wilderness, or maybe he'd just depart for the US (as he's said he's likely to do at some point in the future). Depends what his political ambitions are, and whether he thinks BJ will stand by him in future

It's a dirty business, that's for sure. What surprises me is how cleaner than white people expect politicians to be, when most of them get where they are by being pretty ruthless, ambitious, and yes, self-serving as well as having the hide any 'remaining' rhinos might be proud of

[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 13:24]

Good post, nice and balanced.
Time to go? on 13:44 - Apr 13 with 1300 viewsstandale

Time to go? on 13:26 - Apr 13 by Mass_Debater

I'm not giving the opposition anything. I have no interest or leanings towards them, even though you seem to think anyone with common decency who doesn't like what BJ did does have.

This is purely and simply about BJ and his cronies breaking rules WHICH THEY IMPOSED, despite telling us they hadn't.

What are you finding hard to understand in that?

it’s easy, and ive answered the question several times, imo I don’t think he should resign, i respect other peoples opinions, and fully understand their annoyance and frustration, but i also think it’s fair to ask questions if i think some one is being hypocritical.
so, shall we leave it at that, and I bid you a good afternoon.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 13:50]
Time to go? on 14:07 - Apr 13 with 1251 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 13:44 - Apr 13 by standale

it’s easy, and ive answered the question several times, imo I don’t think he should resign, i respect other peoples opinions, and fully understand their annoyance and frustration, but i also think it’s fair to ask questions if i think some one is being hypocritical.
so, shall we leave it at that, and I bid you a good afternoon.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 13:50]

You haven't answered the question anywhere. You should go into politics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024