Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go? 13:56 - Apr 12 with 34870 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Time to go? on 15:40 - Jul 7 with 2260 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 14:41 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

Thanks. He was PM for just short of 3 years, a couple of weeks shorter than when his predecessor lost office

In terms of memory, that's pretty remarkable too

Would be surprised if any previous PM had been ousted halfway through their first term on the back of such a significant majority. No doubt at all though about the record of most government resignations within 24 hours - the previous most was 6.
Time to go? on 16:13 - Jul 7 with 2193 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 15:40 - Jul 7 by rich_dale

Would be surprised if any previous PM had been ousted halfway through their first term on the back of such a significant majority. No doubt at all though about the record of most government resignations within 24 hours - the previous most was 6.

But a 'resignations record' is a poor comparison since in previous times, PMs have been "advised" to step down or resignations would follow

For instance, when Maggie Thatcher resigned in 1990, 3.5 years into her third term - with a majority of 102 at the 1987 election - had she not done so then most of her senior ministers would've resigned

Similarly with Theresa May. There are, of course, far fewer precedents for other parties in government due to the amount of time each party has been in government

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time to go? on 16:20 - Jul 7 with 2171 viewsnordenblue

Time to go? on 16:13 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

But a 'resignations record' is a poor comparison since in previous times, PMs have been "advised" to step down or resignations would follow

For instance, when Maggie Thatcher resigned in 1990, 3.5 years into her third term - with a majority of 102 at the 1987 election - had she not done so then most of her senior ministers would've resigned

Similarly with Theresa May. There are, of course, far fewer precedents for other parties in government due to the amount of time each party has been in government

Was the "other parties in government" just a Freudian slip?
Time to go? on 16:21 - Jul 7 with 2168 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 16:20 - Jul 7 by nordenblue

Was the "other parties in government" just a Freudian slip?

Haha, no! But yeah...

Time to go? on 16:50 - Jul 7 with 2109 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 16:13 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

May and Thatcher left when they knew the game was up, as most people would - in Johnson's situation they would have left soon after the no confidence vote and the by-election defeats. Johnson lacks that nobility. He is so stubborn, and ultimately deluded, that it took mass resignations to get him to face facts. Even with 50+ of the government gone, he was still trying to hang on. Was starting to look like they were literally going to have to drag him out kicking and screaming.
Time to go? on 17:24 - Jul 7 with 2075 viewsHullDale

The latest speculation is that he was desperate to hang on as he is scheduled to have a large wedding at Chequers in a few weeks.

Time to go? on 17:26 - Jul 7 with 2057 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

I honestly think that the guy believes he’s the reincarnation of Winston Churchill (stretching the imagination I know)…
They probably had to prise his talons from the door of no 10.
Time to go? on 17:41 - Jul 7 with 2024 viewsjonahwhereru

Time to go? on 13:19 - Jul 7 by isitme

The problem Chaff is that there is a void of talented politicians across all parties. To be elected you need a vision to appeal to the two million floating voters who decide elections.

I am not sure who could do this in any party at the moment. I mean what ever are the policies of the major parties? SNP want another independence vote but apart from that what?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 13:20]

There are numerous MP’s across all parties that have plenty about them and given the opportunity could flourish. I offer some:
Tories:
Steve Baker (a Brexit Spartan and free marketeer. Neither of which actually appeal to me but he talks common sense and has that valuable commodity of integrity)
Jeremy Hunt (been in several roles in government and has middle ground appeal)
Labour:
Yevette Cooper (was always miles more competent than her husband and has shown she can rattle the incumbent Home Secretary)
Liberal Dem:
Layla Moran and Daisy Cooper both loads more capable than their leader, but not yet had sufficient chance to showcase their talents
SNP:
Ian Blackford (is the best brain and orator in there, sadly he doesn’t want to be there)
SDLP: Claire Hanna (very talented but will always be in the margins as our system isn’t about making the most of the talents available)
Green: Caroline Lucas (Do I wish she was my MP, she hits the write tone on virtually everything, and has to be across everything as she is the only Green in there. The best there is)
Login to get fewer ads

Time to go? on 17:46 - Jul 7 with 2006 viewsisitme

Time to go? on 17:41 - Jul 7 by jonahwhereru

There are numerous MP’s across all parties that have plenty about them and given the opportunity could flourish. I offer some:
Tories:
Steve Baker (a Brexit Spartan and free marketeer. Neither of which actually appeal to me but he talks common sense and has that valuable commodity of integrity)
Jeremy Hunt (been in several roles in government and has middle ground appeal)
Labour:
Yevette Cooper (was always miles more competent than her husband and has shown she can rattle the incumbent Home Secretary)
Liberal Dem:
Layla Moran and Daisy Cooper both loads more capable than their leader, but not yet had sufficient chance to showcase their talents
SNP:
Ian Blackford (is the best brain and orator in there, sadly he doesn’t want to be there)
SDLP: Claire Hanna (very talented but will always be in the margins as our system isn’t about making the most of the talents available)
Green: Caroline Lucas (Do I wish she was my MP, she hits the write tone on virtually everything, and has to be across everything as she is the only Green in there. The best there is)

I could say you have proven my point, but I suppose it is all down to opinions and our opinions regarding political talent obviously differs widely.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 18:39]
Time to go? on 21:03 - Jul 7 with 1771 viewspioneer

Time to go? on 12:58 - Jul 7 by ChaffRAFC

Has there ever been a more corrupt, narcissistic and dishonest Prime Minister in history? I was very young for Thatcher but I remember my Mum hating her but I don't think it was as much as I hate Johnson.

I would say it should have happened weeks/months/years ago but the truth is, he shouldn't have ever had the role. He wanted to be Prime Minister to BE Prime Minister when it takes someone who wants to DO the Prime Minster's role.

Look at the collection of morons surrounding him, the likes of Dorries, Raab, Truss, Fabricant etc. Absolute cretins the lot of them who I wouldn't trust to run a carboot sale, let alone the country.

Maybe now, we might (MIGHT) go a week without a fresh scandal. It's become so often that people don't bat an eyelid when several of these scandals should have seen people on the streets protesting.

To answer your question….No.

But I dont hate him like I hated thatcher. There wont be street parties when he passes away. Thatcher destroyed entire communities in her carefree approach to theoretical economic models and militarising the police force to ensure her policies were sustained. A wicked woman who despised the poor because they undermined her economic models.

Boris is simply a fool….always was, always will be and has conned his way to personal prosperity throughout his life. Nothing to hate in that, what you see is what you get.

The UK has never fully recovered from the scars of thatcherism….Boris is just a bump in the road.
Time to go? on 21:36 - Jul 7 with 1719 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 21:03 - Jul 7 by pioneer

To answer your question….No.

But I dont hate him like I hated thatcher. There wont be street parties when he passes away. Thatcher destroyed entire communities in her carefree approach to theoretical economic models and militarising the police force to ensure her policies were sustained. A wicked woman who despised the poor because they undermined her economic models.

Boris is simply a fool….always was, always will be and has conned his way to personal prosperity throughout his life. Nothing to hate in that, what you see is what you get.

The UK has never fully recovered from the scars of thatcherism….Boris is just a bump in the road.

The great British public, who voted for them into office SIX times between them, with mainly very large majorities and without ever voting them out again (4x PM, 2x London Mayor) would beg to differ

It's irrelevant how much you hated/didn't hate them, just as it's irrelevant that i supported both; that's their record and everyone knew what their mandate was

Time to go? on 22:16 - Jul 7 with 1674 viewsBigDaveMyCock

His strength was hubris (which perfectly suited Brexit - the man and the moment met perfectly) and he brilliantly played the ‘anti-politician’ politician. Unspun and not clone like. His problem was always going to be how he would perform when things weren’t going well. In truth, it couldn’t have gone any worse. The hubris morphed into stuttering bluster. Someone who made up for a lack of preparedness and a grasp of the issues with off the top of head empty vacuous phrases. His anti-politician charm revealed an entitled compulsive liar lacking in requisite leadership skills. In the end it was embarrassing, he looked so out of his depth.
I don’t see any comparison with Thatcher. Johnson was a typical populist - just look at the amount of u-turns.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 22:20]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Time to go? on 22:31 - Jul 7 with 1641 viewskel

Time to go? on 22:16 - Jul 7 by BigDaveMyCock

His strength was hubris (which perfectly suited Brexit - the man and the moment met perfectly) and he brilliantly played the ‘anti-politician’ politician. Unspun and not clone like. His problem was always going to be how he would perform when things weren’t going well. In truth, it couldn’t have gone any worse. The hubris morphed into stuttering bluster. Someone who made up for a lack of preparedness and a grasp of the issues with off the top of head empty vacuous phrases. His anti-politician charm revealed an entitled compulsive liar lacking in requisite leadership skills. In the end it was embarrassing, he looked so out of his depth.
I don’t see any comparison with Thatcher. Johnson was a typical populist - just look at the amount of u-turns.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 22:20]

Hey up. Good to see you posting again, hope you’re well.
Time to go? on 22:39 - Jul 7 with 1627 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Time to go? on 22:31 - Jul 7 by kel

Hey up. Good to see you posting again, hope you’re well.

Having babies innit. All good thanks and hope you’re also keeping well.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Time to go? on 22:41 - Jul 7 with 1624 viewskel

Time to go? on 22:39 - Jul 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Having babies innit. All good thanks and hope you’re also keeping well.

All good ta. It’s funny actually, as my daughter was looking at pictures on my phone just last week and that one I took of ‘you’ in Berlin was sussed straight away and she knew it was actually so I could get a pic of that lovey young lady outside the bar.
Time to go? on 12:21 - Jul 8 with 1420 viewspioneer

Time to go? on 21:36 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

The great British public, who voted for them into office SIX times between them, with mainly very large majorities and without ever voting them out again (4x PM, 2x London Mayor) would beg to differ

It's irrelevant how much you hated/didn't hate them, just as it's irrelevant that i supported both; that's their record and everyone knew what their mandate was

and look what they left us with. They didnt even have the support of their own cronies.
Time to go? on 12:28 - Jul 8 with 1407 viewsDaleiLama

Herd_________2___Boris_______0 (FT)

Immunity (35)
Mentality (90)
_________________Johnson

Considering his experience of playing away, result probably an upset?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 12:31]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Time to go? on 13:21 - Jul 8 with 1368 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 12:21 - Jul 8 by pioneer

and look what they left us with. They didnt even have the support of their own cronies.

Oh i do, and we should all be grateful for it (in Boris' case - Brexit)

Time to go? on 15:13 - Jul 8 with 1274 viewsChaffRAFC

Time to go? on 13:21 - Jul 8 by D_Alien

Oh i do, and we should all be grateful for it (in Boris' case - Brexit)

Are you trolling us now?

In my work, if I process an order, my job isn't done until the whole order has been received by the customer, not 3/4 of it!

I suspect Northern Ireland may disagree with you.

Boris got us through Covid as well didn't he? Pretty sure Covid still exists and is in the middle of a fairly big wave.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time to go? on 15:37 - Jul 8 with 1235 viewsjoecooke

They dont make them like this fella anymore, unfortunately.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/15/10-of-the-best-tony-benn-quotes

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Time to go? on 15:58 - Jul 8 with 1199 viewsfinberty

"....Boris got us through Covid as well didn't he? Pretty sure Covid still exists and is in the middle of a fairly big wave...."

So you are blaming Boris for not coming up with a worldwide cure for a mutating virus?
Time to go? on 16:23 - Jul 8 with 1159 viewsMass_Debater

Time to go? on 15:58 - Jul 8 by finberty

"....Boris got us through Covid as well didn't he? Pretty sure Covid still exists and is in the middle of a fairly big wave...."

So you are blaming Boris for not coming up with a worldwide cure for a mutating virus?

Chaff didn't say or imply anything of the sort.
Time to go? on 18:58 - Jul 8 with 1067 viewsChaffRAFC

Time to go? on 15:58 - Jul 8 by finberty

Of course I'm bloody not.

But these claims that he and his government got us through this pandemic is nonsense, especially given that Covid is still very much around.

Maybe we should go out on our doorsteps and clap the government every week?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time to go? on 19:03 - Jul 8 with 1053 viewsJames1980

Absent for cobra meetings.
£37 billion for track and trace
PPE that is being incenerated
BS Claims about vaccinations

Why do people continue to believe the lies?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Time to go? on 19:04 - Jul 8 with 1052 views442Dale

Don’t get the whole Covid argument. What major European countries were actually that far behind us in terms of vaccinations or ‘coming out of lockdowns’? If there are links to how the rest of the world were miles behind us and how they were so negatively affected, happy to read them. It’s not in the news as much now, but isn’t everyone pretty much on a par or are we doing so much better?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024