Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go? 13:56 - Apr 12 with 34087 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Time to go? on 23:48 - Apr 29 with 3166 viewsEllGazzell

Time to go? on 23:45 - Apr 29 by D_Alien

Whilst "stuck" in the CZ, you were busy telling us how much better off you were being there than in the UK

Absolutely no problem with people choosing a different life for themselves abroad, but you can't gloat about it and then start crying on here about being "stuck"

Sympathy from me= 0

I much preferred it when you had me on ignore...

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Time to go? on 23:49 - Apr 29 with 3160 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 23:48 - Apr 29 by EllGazzell

I much preferred it when you had me on ignore...

I'll bet you did

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time to go? on 16:12 - May 27 with 2780 viewsJames1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/27/boris-john

And now he has amended the ministerial code in his favour

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Time to go? on 16:24 - May 27 with 2738 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 16:12 - May 27 by James1980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/27/boris-john

This is scandalous - destroying the principles of honour, integrity and decency, because he knows he lacks all three. These principles should be protected though and exist at a higher level so governing politicians can't amend them. We can't have someone like this as our Prime Minister. We're fast becoming an authoritarian state.
Time to go? on 16:33 - May 27 with 2705 viewsJames1980

Time to go? on 16:24 - May 27 by rich_dale

This is scandalous - destroying the principles of honour, integrity and decency, because he knows he lacks all three. These principles should be protected though and exist at a higher level so governing politicians can't amend them. We can't have someone like this as our Prime Minister. We're fast becoming an authoritarian state.

People will defend his actions. Probably with some claptrap about how these rules hold the country back and that we are lucky to have such a brave forward thinking leader.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Time to go? on 16:36 - May 27 with 2687 viewsChaffRAFC

Time to go? on 16:12 - May 27 by James1980

Jesus Christ, where do you start with this?

I am genuinely lost for words. Just when you think this cretin can't shock you any more, he says "hang on old chap, watch this..."

He is a very dangerous individual. He doesn't have the ability to feel sympathy, or empathy as he's a narcissist but deliberately lying in the HOC, deliberately misleading the house, deliberately calling the current and previous leader of the opposition names. I mean Vladimir Corbyn? Really!? I mean it's a bit rich from someone who is becoming more like Donald Trump by the minute.

He's made rules for everyone and deliberately broken them (and the law!) and he's simply rewritten ones he doesn't want to abide by.

He's an absolute lunatic and it's frightening what else he could be capable of.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time to go? on 18:26 - May 27 with 2524 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 16:36 - May 27 by ChaffRAFC

Jesus Christ, where do you start with this?

I am genuinely lost for words. Just when you think this cretin can't shock you any more, he says "hang on old chap, watch this..."

He is a very dangerous individual. He doesn't have the ability to feel sympathy, or empathy as he's a narcissist but deliberately lying in the HOC, deliberately misleading the house, deliberately calling the current and previous leader of the opposition names. I mean Vladimir Corbyn? Really!? I mean it's a bit rich from someone who is becoming more like Donald Trump by the minute.

He's made rules for everyone and deliberately broken them (and the law!) and he's simply rewritten ones he doesn't want to abide by.

He's an absolute lunatic and it's frightening what else he could be capable of.

Bollocks

Time to go? on 19:28 - May 27 with 2454 viewssxdale

Time to go? on 18:26 - May 27 by D_Alien

Bollocks

I totally agree. That is what you are talking.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to go? on 20:57 - May 27 with 2340 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 19:28 - May 27 by sxdale

I totally agree. That is what you are talking.

I, and i'm sure a very large number of people are sick to death of the way in which the media have focused on this issue, at the expense of rather more important news from around the world

The amendment to these rules aren't for his benefit, but to protect members of governments - of all parties, btw - from future witchhunts by the media. As an example, the most recent pictures to emerge, purportedly showing Boris "partying", had zero effect and were timed with the deliberate intention of causing further outrage. They showed no such thing, of course

I FULLY support these amendments concerning minor issues, and couldn't care less if others disagree. If we ever get to the stage in this country where trial by media results in anyone in an ELECTED position being forced to resign, it'd mean the end of the democratic rights of us all. The electorate will have their chance to vote Boris out (possibly sooner than they think, by all accounts) and we'll see what the verdict is then

In the meantime, there's a great deal of business to attend to. I suggest you focus your outrage on more important matters

Time to go? on 21:14 - May 27 with 2305 viewssxdale

Time to go? on 20:57 - May 27 by D_Alien

I, and i'm sure a very large number of people are sick to death of the way in which the media have focused on this issue, at the expense of rather more important news from around the world

The amendment to these rules aren't for his benefit, but to protect members of governments - of all parties, btw - from future witchhunts by the media. As an example, the most recent pictures to emerge, purportedly showing Boris "partying", had zero effect and were timed with the deliberate intention of causing further outrage. They showed no such thing, of course

I FULLY support these amendments concerning minor issues, and couldn't care less if others disagree. If we ever get to the stage in this country where trial by media results in anyone in an ELECTED position being forced to resign, it'd mean the end of the democratic rights of us all. The electorate will have their chance to vote Boris out (possibly sooner than they think, by all accounts) and we'll see what the verdict is then

In the meantime, there's a great deal of business to attend to. I suggest you focus your outrage on more important matters

And I am sure that an equally large number of people are sick to death of the way that the blonde buffoon will do anything to cling onto power.
Of course you fully support the ammendments anything to defend your tory point of view (which you are entitled to) but you can't accept any differing view to your own can you?
You are a legend in your own mind.
Time to go? on 21:23 - May 27 with 2284 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 21:14 - May 27 by sxdale

And I am sure that an equally large number of people are sick to death of the way that the blonde buffoon will do anything to cling onto power.
Of course you fully support the ammendments anything to defend your tory point of view (which you are entitled to) but you can't accept any differing view to your own can you?
You are a legend in your own mind.

It's nothing to do with "accepting" a different view, rather more about challenging views. If there's something put forward i disagree with, i'll say so, and why

If you've got a problem with that, that's entirely your own affair

You can choose whatever epithets you wish to apply, it'll not make one iota of difference, or make what i've just told you incorrect

Time to go? on 21:32 - May 27 with 2263 viewsrich_dale

That is nonsensical. The amendments have been made to protect governments from future witchhunts? You really are living in your own world. Johnson only thinks about himself. He is about to face a parliamentary inquiry which will investigate whether he misled Parliament and broke the ministerial code. He's just changed the code to remove the expectation of resignation if a minister is found to have lied or misled, and it will now be OK to apologise instead. The timing couldn't be more suspect.

This sets a precedent for our politicians and leaders to lie knowing that they won't lose their jobs as long as they say sorry - it has huge implications for our democracy. This is about more that just how many parties there were and who attended them. Your point about elected politicians being forced to resign, well surely that depends on what they do - it's the end of democratic rights when all politicians are impervious to having to resign. This isn't North Korea or Putin's Russia. If you're an elected politician and you lie to parliament and the public, you should resign, simple as that. Unless you're comfortable having liars in office. Johnson has been found to break the rules, and has decided to change the rules to save himself. That's corrupt.
Time to go? on 22:21 - May 27 with 2194 viewswozzrafc

You know something it’s time to move on like:

It was time to move on over the lies on the brexit bus
It was time to move on when he broke the law prologued parliament inc lying to the monarch
It’s time to move on when he lied about his oven ready brexit deal
It’s time to move on from when him and his cronies setup an illegal lane to dish out billions of contracts to his mates
It’s time to move on from his lies around the ‘ring of steel’ around nursing homes that led to tens of thousands of deaths.
It’s time to overlook the thousands of Afghans he left to the taliban while using his position to help his wife’s friends dogs.
It’s time to over look taking donations to revamp your flat
It’s time to move on from lying to parliament about parties not breaking the rules

There will always be other issues around the world, that can’t be used to overlook inappropriate behaviour from our leaders. If we accept a breakdown in trust of our political leaders it’s a slippery slope.

But hey it was only a piece of cake
[Post edited 27 May 2022 22:26]
Time to go? on 22:21 - May 27 with 2194 viewssxdale

Time to go? on 21:23 - May 27 by D_Alien

It's nothing to do with "accepting" a different view, rather more about challenging views. If there's something put forward i disagree with, i'll say so, and why

If you've got a problem with that, that's entirely your own affair

You can choose whatever epithets you wish to apply, it'll not make one iota of difference, or make what i've just told you incorrect

And there you go proving my point.
Time to go? on 23:00 - May 27 with 2117 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 22:21 - May 27 by wozzrafc

It was time to move on when he broke the law prologued parliament inc lying to the monarch
It’s time to move on from when him and his cronies setup an illegal lane to dish out billions of contracts to his mates
It’s time to move on from his lies around the ‘ring of steel’ around nursing homes that led to tens of thousands of deaths.
It’s time to overlook the thousands of Afghans he left to the taliban while using his position to help his wife’s friends dogs.
It’s time to move on from lying to parliament about parties not breaking the rules

There will always be other issues around the world, that can’t be used to overlook inappropriate behaviour from our leaders. If we accept a breakdown in trust of our political leaders it’s a slippery slope.

Many of those points can very easily be given a different take, but it's old hat now so i won't bother

It's time to start living in the real world, the one where people in politics take positions, some of which bear scrutiny further down the line and others which don't

That's every single politician, it's the nature of what they do - or of what the public require them to do, which is take positions to get elected. Boris just happens to be extremely good at it, which unfortunately his political opponents aren't. I can see why people might find that very annoying (or worse), but as i'll repeat, wait till the next general election to see if your disdain bears fruit

Time to go? on 23:00 - May 27 with 2115 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 22:21 - May 27 by sxdale

And there you go proving my point.

You haven't got a point

Time to go? on 01:23 - May 28 with 2012 viewssxdale

Time to go? on 23:00 - May 27 by D_Alien

You haven't got a point

You haven't got a clue

And my dad's bigger than your dad
Time to go? on 10:58 - May 28 with 1806 viewsjonahwhereru

Time to go? on 22:21 - May 27 by wozzrafc

Having said all that it will never be time to overlook the vaccine rollout, because in a sea of ineptitude that is one of the few things that has gone well. Mind how much direct credit he deserves for that is debatable.
Because he is a habitual liar and doesn’t feel that rules don’t apply to him I would not like him as my neighbour, so I sure don”t want him leading my country.
When he supported Dominic Cummins I said it was time for them both to go. While one went the other stayed, but there is literally nothing he could do to win back my trust.
BTW he only has a 7k majority in Uxbridge, and the good people there may yet get the chance to do us all a favour.
Time to go? on 12:02 - May 28 with 1762 views49thseason

It bemuses me that so many seemingly intelligent people imagine that a) we live in a democracy and b) that there is any tangible difference between blue and red. Essentially we have 650 MPs who have all been through a selection process designed to weed out people who actually know anything useful and might not toe the party line. We have a vast majority or MPs who have never had a proper job having gone from school to university and then into unpaid positions in quangos, unions, charities and MPs offices. This shallow puddle of talent relies heavily on the advice of the Civil Serpents, a now politicised cadre of people with little experience of being responsible for their departments as previously all they had to do was implement EU policy. Little wonder they were desperate not to leave the EU teat.
That there is such little difference between the two main parties has resulted in 4 decades of stagnation. The desperation of the Tories to create distance from Thatcher led to the Tony B liar years where the long march of communists through the Education system, Local Government and Civil Service was finally allowed to affect policy. Now we have had a decade of hobbled politics, where MPs are now unable to make a difficult decision in case someone calls them a nasty name or the Prime Ministers wife objects. Huge decisions about nuclear power have been fudged since the 1980s by all parties, the NHS is now the worlds 3rd or 4th biggest employer, swallowing one hundred and thirty thousand million pounds per year and has some of the worst outcomes in the world, a system so wonderful not one other country has copied it. It is an organisation that thinks it is too big to be broken up and which no MP of any colour has the guts to criticise, from Burnham who turned down over 80 requests for an enquiry into the North Staffs hospital debacle to the PFI schemed dreamed up by the blues and enthusiastically impl3mented by Reds without any thought of the long term costs.
This once wonderful country is now a woke wasteland where law and order is apparently optional and where policemen would rather accuse someone of hate speech and wear rainbow shoe laces than actually investigate mass child abuse, a country where Councils openly discuss how they can prise older people out of their homes and into life-shortening care homes to free up property and where nobody seems to be worried about the 10s of thousands of illegal immigrants washing up onto our shores every year. Or the fact that immigration visas passed 1 million last year. A country where the red party screams for windfall taxes and the blue party puts it into practice without a moments consideration for the billions of pounds that will be wiped off peoples pension pots and will result in smaller pensions for millions retiring over the next decade and this as if the current state of stock markets isnt bad enough. Inflation is now ripping through the country, mainly because the cossetted band of idiots in charge didnt think shutting the country for 2 years and printing £500Bn of new money would have an inflationary effect or if they did, they didn't care, and dont just blame the Blue team, because the red team were egging them on all the way, with not a single questioning voice from the opposition benches because of course public service pensions are not subject to the fluctuations of the stock markets. No one dares to oppose the idea of giving free money to the general populous.
Can this seriously be considered a democracy when politicians have only a single selling point... "my party isnt as bad as the other lot"? Where are the policies? Election manifestoes have become works of fiction and there is little attempt to differentiate blue from red, the whole political establishment is moribund, embarrassingly incapable and uninventive. And dont imagine this collossal dereliction of duty is harmless, the red team is no longer the protector of the working classes, something which the last election seemed to lay bare. The Islington smartarses have nothing in common with the working man or woman of the 2020s their eyes are on the prize of acquired wealth for themselves not the rest of us. The Blue team is also infected by the poison of self-service ahead of public service. On £80k a year and and average of over £150k in "expenses" the main concern of the vast majority of MPs is not to rock the boat.
The list of so-called misdemenours can be levelled at any blue or red Government in history, how quickly we forget the "dodgy dossier" , a giant lie that took us to war against Iraq and cost thousands of lives, a war which spawned dozens of terrorist organisations financed by billions of US Dollars and now re-armed in Afgahnistan by Biden's deliberately catastrophic withdrawal?
Contributers to this thread should be much more worried about what has been going on in Davos this last week than anything that comes out of LibLabCon party. Whatever they are planning, I will guarantee none of us will like it. We are no longer in charge of our own fate, let that sink in.
Time to go? on 13:02 - May 28 with 1706 viewstony_roch975

Time to go? on 12:02 - May 28 by 49thseason

It bemuses me that so many seemingly intelligent people imagine that a) we live in a democracy and b) that there is any tangible difference between blue and red. Essentially we have 650 MPs who have all been through a selection process designed to weed out people who actually know anything useful and might not toe the party line. We have a vast majority or MPs who have never had a proper job having gone from school to university and then into unpaid positions in quangos, unions, charities and MPs offices. This shallow puddle of talent relies heavily on the advice of the Civil Serpents, a now politicised cadre of people with little experience of being responsible for their departments as previously all they had to do was implement EU policy. Little wonder they were desperate not to leave the EU teat.
That there is such little difference between the two main parties has resulted in 4 decades of stagnation. The desperation of the Tories to create distance from Thatcher led to the Tony B liar years where the long march of communists through the Education system, Local Government and Civil Service was finally allowed to affect policy. Now we have had a decade of hobbled politics, where MPs are now unable to make a difficult decision in case someone calls them a nasty name or the Prime Ministers wife objects. Huge decisions about nuclear power have been fudged since the 1980s by all parties, the NHS is now the worlds 3rd or 4th biggest employer, swallowing one hundred and thirty thousand million pounds per year and has some of the worst outcomes in the world, a system so wonderful not one other country has copied it. It is an organisation that thinks it is too big to be broken up and which no MP of any colour has the guts to criticise, from Burnham who turned down over 80 requests for an enquiry into the North Staffs hospital debacle to the PFI schemed dreamed up by the blues and enthusiastically impl3mented by Reds without any thought of the long term costs.
This once wonderful country is now a woke wasteland where law and order is apparently optional and where policemen would rather accuse someone of hate speech and wear rainbow shoe laces than actually investigate mass child abuse, a country where Councils openly discuss how they can prise older people out of their homes and into life-shortening care homes to free up property and where nobody seems to be worried about the 10s of thousands of illegal immigrants washing up onto our shores every year. Or the fact that immigration visas passed 1 million last year. A country where the red party screams for windfall taxes and the blue party puts it into practice without a moments consideration for the billions of pounds that will be wiped off peoples pension pots and will result in smaller pensions for millions retiring over the next decade and this as if the current state of stock markets isnt bad enough. Inflation is now ripping through the country, mainly because the cossetted band of idiots in charge didnt think shutting the country for 2 years and printing £500Bn of new money would have an inflationary effect or if they did, they didn't care, and dont just blame the Blue team, because the red team were egging them on all the way, with not a single questioning voice from the opposition benches because of course public service pensions are not subject to the fluctuations of the stock markets. No one dares to oppose the idea of giving free money to the general populous.
Can this seriously be considered a democracy when politicians have only a single selling point... "my party isnt as bad as the other lot"? Where are the policies? Election manifestoes have become works of fiction and there is little attempt to differentiate blue from red, the whole political establishment is moribund, embarrassingly incapable and uninventive. And dont imagine this collossal dereliction of duty is harmless, the red team is no longer the protector of the working classes, something which the last election seemed to lay bare. The Islington smartarses have nothing in common with the working man or woman of the 2020s their eyes are on the prize of acquired wealth for themselves not the rest of us. The Blue team is also infected by the poison of self-service ahead of public service. On £80k a year and and average of over £150k in "expenses" the main concern of the vast majority of MPs is not to rock the boat.
The list of so-called misdemenours can be levelled at any blue or red Government in history, how quickly we forget the "dodgy dossier" , a giant lie that took us to war against Iraq and cost thousands of lives, a war which spawned dozens of terrorist organisations financed by billions of US Dollars and now re-armed in Afgahnistan by Biden's deliberately catastrophic withdrawal?
Contributers to this thread should be much more worried about what has been going on in Davos this last week than anything that comes out of LibLabCon party. Whatever they are planning, I will guarantee none of us will like it. We are no longer in charge of our own fate, let that sink in.

You make some fair points, if a little unbalanced, but essentially with our First Past the Post voting system the parties have to all be massive coalitions so radical polices tend to be watered down to gain majority support within the Party.

One 'solution' would be to introduce a proper PR system where every vote we cast is reflected in the votes of MPs in Parliament. That way radical parties would gain representation in Parliament - be that the Brexit Party or the Socialist Party - and we voters would be able to truly vote for policies we support; whether radical or middle of the road.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Time to go? on 13:04 - May 28 with 1695 viewstony_roch975

Time to go? on 10:58 - May 28 by jonahwhereru

Having said all that it will never be time to overlook the vaccine rollout, because in a sea of ineptitude that is one of the few things that has gone well. Mind how much direct credit he deserves for that is debatable.
Because he is a habitual liar and doesn’t feel that rules don’t apply to him I would not like him as my neighbour, so I sure don”t want him leading my country.
When he supported Dominic Cummins I said it was time for them both to go. While one went the other stayed, but there is literally nothing he could do to win back my trust.
BTW he only has a 7k majority in Uxbridge, and the good people there may yet get the chance to do us all a favour.

interestingly I suspect Boris will need a 'safe' seat within the Red Wall - the southern Tories (like in Uxbridge) are becoming increasingly disillusioned with his version of conservatism.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Time to go? on 13:06 - May 28 with 1687 viewsD_Alien

I agree with some of that (not all)

But at least it's an exposition based on something like a view of the bigger picture, rather than having qualms about whether someone might make a good neighbour, or lose sleep trying desperately to think of a response at half past one in the morning, and failing

Time to go? on 13:14 - May 28 with 1678 viewsnordenblue

Whilst no too arsed what corrupt colour leads the country your post sums up most of my feelings perfectly, on the rare occasion I find myself listening to all these out of touch vvankers in the same room it's embarrassing watching them "debate".

Our country is in the biggest mess any of us are likely to ever see in our lifetime yet we've got like 2 sad little gangs behaving like toddlers in a school playground dick swinging.

Whatever peoples choice of colour may be, the glaringly obvious is this whole circus isn't remotely fit for purpose and the hundreds of self serving out of touch bell ends calling all these shots are embarrassingly useless, another beautiful example is a certain Mr Burnham a self-styled "man of the poeple".....
Time to go? on 13:21 - May 28 with 1666 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 13:14 - May 28 by nordenblue

Whilst no too arsed what corrupt colour leads the country your post sums up most of my feelings perfectly, on the rare occasion I find myself listening to all these out of touch vvankers in the same room it's embarrassing watching them "debate".

Our country is in the biggest mess any of us are likely to ever see in our lifetime yet we've got like 2 sad little gangs behaving like toddlers in a school playground dick swinging.

Whatever peoples choice of colour may be, the glaringly obvious is this whole circus isn't remotely fit for purpose and the hundreds of self serving out of touch bell ends calling all these shots are embarrassingly useless, another beautiful example is a certain Mr Burnham a self-styled "man of the poeple".....

"...another beautiful example is a certain Mr Burnham a self-styled "man of the poeple"

For once, nb, i wholeheartedly agree with you

Time to go? on 00:46 - May 29 with 1444 viewssxdale

Time to go? on 13:02 - May 28 by tony_roch975

You make some fair points, if a little unbalanced, but essentially with our First Past the Post voting system the parties have to all be massive coalitions so radical polices tend to be watered down to gain majority support within the Party.

One 'solution' would be to introduce a proper PR system where every vote we cast is reflected in the votes of MPs in Parliament. That way radical parties would gain representation in Parliament - be that the Brexit Party or the Socialist Party - and we voters would be able to truly vote for policies we support; whether radical or middle of the road.

I would agree that using PR would be a step forward unfortunately Nick Clegg blew the chance of that when he sold his soul for a chance to be deputy PM.
I also don't see how, in the current political climate when PR would result in a hung parliament, how there could be a functioning government. It would require different parties to compromise for the good of the country. How would that work, Mr Sunak can't even call a windfall tax a windfall tax because it might give some credence to the opposition let alone actually work together. Although (welcome as it is) we all know it was done to distract from Boris's shenanigans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024