Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 391953 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 21:20 - Aug 4 with 4780 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer Rumours on 20:27 - Aug 4 by LazyFan

I would sell Johnson to Bees for £20m, he is not that good in my view.

No chance that ship has sailed
Transfer Rumours on 02:02 - Aug 5 with 4350 viewsvanrrrr

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-may-need-players-to-leave-in-order-to-si

Dykes and Bonne it is then. Gulp.
Transfer Rumours on 04:02 - Aug 5 with 4290 viewsnix

Transfer Rumours on 20:23 - Aug 4 by hantssi

Thing is, they can only name a 25 man squad, what on earth are they going to do with the other 75?!

Reportedly £4m minimum wages for Lingard alone, rising to £6m incl bonuses and then he can leave on a free at the end of the season. £17m transfer fees for another player plus decent wages I should imagine. Even with massive Premiership payments it's hard to imagine they're going to square things financially this season. Unless they get some decent money in a fire sale of some of the Championship level players that helped get them up.
Transfer Rumours on 04:03 - Aug 5 with 4294 viewsVancouverHoop

No problem... Really. We'll be fine... just fine... [Here, (cough) have some of this... it's real good stuff!]
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 4:04]
Transfer Rumours on 09:09 - Aug 5 with 3970 viewsDannyPaddox

No reinforcement up-front? Relying on Dykes & Bonne …

Transfer Rumours on 09:36 - Aug 5 with 3848 viewsBklynRanger

The club regret to announce that Michael 'Mick' Ian Beale has left the club with immediate effect.

Mick provided the board with a litany of reasonings upon his departure, including a lack of even vaguely interested strikers, one of whom is "fcuking Scottish", and a somewhat garbled tirade about Millwall. Also his wife couldn't have a piss in the Ellerslie Road stand.

The club would like to thank Mick for his work over the last month and wish him well at the Estadio Azteca.
Transfer Rumours on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 3741 viewsWestbourneR

Transfer Rumours on 09:09 - Aug 5 by DannyPaddox

No reinforcement up-front? Relying on Dykes & Bonne …

It's all about Sinclair Armstrong now.

I'd throw him in, he looks to have the most talent of our forwards by some distance.

Transfer Rumours on 10:09 - Aug 5 with 3669 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer Rumours on 09:56 - Aug 5 by WestbourneR

I'd throw him in, he looks to have the most talent of our forwards by some distance.

I’d expect him to get at least 15mins off the bench, but agree there is a wildcard option with playing him from the start. Have to trust MB on this; he sees him in training and also rates him, so if he thinks he’s not ready to be thrown in, he’s probably right.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 10:13 - Aug 5 with 3659 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems quite the straight talker our Pete.
I quite like it.
Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Aug 5 with 3625 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 02:02 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-may-need-players-to-leave-in-order-to-si

Dykes and Bonne it is then. Gulp.

I interpreted that slightly differently, when he said outgoings may not be 'what we expect'. If we 'expect' Bonne to leave and are resigned to being left with Dykes, perhaps it is going to be the other way around? If Dykes does leave, I would assume it will be to a Scottish club and apart from Celtic or Rangers, I can't see us recouping our 2M. However, if we get even half that, it may free up enough to pay the wages of a decent young striker on loan.
Transfer Rumours on 10:28 - Aug 5 with 3567 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm not saying don't play him but do it gradually. It didn't go well for him last Saturday with that miss. A few of those in successive games could really damage his confidence.

I know he was even younger and it was at a higher level but Clive Allen came off the bench several times over a few months before he was given a start. I think there was only one sub allowed in those days, so it should be easier now.
Transfer Rumours on 10:32 - Aug 5 with 3517 viewsMyke

If it's 'all about' a teenager, with 15 minutes championship experience - the same teenager who was so surprised that that round plastic thing landed at his feet last Saturday, that he was unable to get a shot away - then we really are in the brown smelly stuff. Sinclair may well be a talent, but he is as raw as a freshly laid egg. People need to stop piling expectation and pressure upon him and allow him to develop naturally. Give him another contract for sure, but then, if we can get a couple of strikers in, the boy needs to go out on loan. If Beale intends to keep him with the first team squad (which so far, he has only said until September, (ie when the transfer window 'slams shut') then I believe he will only use him sparingly as an impact sub.
Transfer Rumours on 10:41 - Aug 5 with 3475 viewsDixie_CT

There is a very fatalistic feeling at the moment. To be honest, I would rather the club were trying to operate in financial efficient and prudent way at the moment.

There are worse strikers in this division than Bonne, Roberts and Dykes. The majority of the time, it will be one of those with an option on the bench, which may or may not, include the rawness and element of surprise/unknown that Armstrong brings.

For my expectations, stay up with ease, more minutes/exposure for the sellable talent, and play brand of football that is more attacking, I think the current strikers
will do.

Need a right back.
Transfer Rumours on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 3438 viewsstanistheman

Transfer Rumours on 10:32 - Aug 5 by Myke

If it's 'all about' a teenager, with 15 minutes championship experience - the same teenager who was so surprised that that round plastic thing landed at his feet last Saturday, that he was unable to get a shot away - then we really are in the brown smelly stuff. Sinclair may well be a talent, but he is as raw as a freshly laid egg. People need to stop piling expectation and pressure upon him and allow him to develop naturally. Give him another contract for sure, but then, if we can get a couple of strikers in, the boy needs to go out on loan. If Beale intends to keep him with the first team squad (which so far, he has only said until September, (ie when the transfer window 'slams shut') then I believe he will only use him sparingly as an impact sub.

I know he is young with limited experience of 'English adult football', but he is 19 years old and played in Ireland before joining QPR. More importantly, he is a professional footballer and we are in the Championship not the top of the game. I expect him to get more than the occasional 15 minute sub appearance this season.

If QPR want to make some space in the 1st team squad they can try and sell or loan out one of Dykes or Bonne. Maybe we can look at selling or loaning out players like Thomas, Bettache, Shodipo or even Dozzell (I don't think he has been good enough for the Championship).
Transfer Rumours on 11:10 - Aug 5 with 3323 viewsDannytheR

Said it before and I'll say it again, if there was *any* chance of getting money for Dykes and re-investing it in another striker, this would be the time to do it.

Very aware that, yes, yes, he looks much better when Willock is playing behind him. Who wouldn't?

Even in our poundshop end of the market, there has to be a better bet out there than a forward who even when on form can only finish one specific kind of chance that the rest of the team have to fashion for him, and who seemingly can't play as a lone striker or give centre halves any sort of game, despite being 6'2 with a neckful of tattoos.

Two years in, is any of that really likely to change? Is he really going to turn into the £10m+ hitman we (and the club) all hoped he would? I'd be delighted if he does, but let's be realistic. At this point I'd sooner see if Bonne is a bit more coachable, and try to get at least our cash back for Dykes.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:11]
Transfer Rumours on 11:37 - Aug 5 with 3176 viewsTonto

given the amount of hatred our supporters have for Dykes, I agree it probably best to sell for the sake of both the club and the player. his goals for Scotland will help, but as Clive said those "middle value championship transfers" have dried up..

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Transfer Rumours on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 3166 viewsDavieQPR

Need to get rid of some of these 24/25 year old youngsters.
Transfer Rumours on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 3130 viewsWestbourneR

Transfer Rumours on 10:32 - Aug 5 by Myke

He's 19 years old. Lots of 19 year old players with limited experience have come into teams with next to no first team experience, even at the highest level, and done well.

Playing him is how he'll gain experience and it's also the best way to rapidly improve.

Lastly, we're QPR. Funds are low. The youth team are our life blood. We have to take these gambles sometimes.

Transfer Rumours on 11:44 - Aug 5 with 3124 viewsDWQPR

Transfer Rumours on 11:39 - Aug 5 by DavieQPR

Need to get rid of some of these 24/25 year old youngsters.

Agreed. With all covered why Niko should not have been given a four year contract (reminders of the old Clive Berlin days), but when I looked up the football career of 24 year old Charlie Owens it amounted to no more than 5 professional matches. Is I know he has had his injury problems that they don’t account for six years of his life and given that he is susceptible to injury to sign him for another year when there will be no sale value at all as he effectively becomes a free agent in January is mindnumbing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer Rumours on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 2793 viewsDannyPaddox

I saw Sinclair Armstrong play a few times for the U23s last season and I thought he was worth having as an impact sub for the first XI even then. I hope he gets plenty of game time this season and I hope he flourishes. I just don’t want to have to rely on him. He should still be classed as fledgling support or back-up for the main forwards. But with no confidence in the main forwards and it looking increasingly unlikely, in the short term at least, any one new is coming in, it could soon be that SA will be the main striking option.

Football has countless cases of players making a big success of it after being brought in earlier than managers would have wanted due to injuries and other circumstances. Let’s hope the same with Stretch.
Transfer Rumours on 13:14 - Aug 5 with 2749 viewsLogman

Can't see anyone spending money on any of our 24/25 year olds (what is it ? Drewe, Hamaleinen, Gubbins, Masterson, Bettache, Owens) so I think its unlikely that we'll get much in the way of a striker even if we do unload one or two.
Transfer Rumours on 13:46 - Aug 5 with 2577 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer Rumours on 11:44 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

Agreed. With all covered why Niko should not have been given a four year contract (reminders of the old Clive Berlin days), but when I looked up the football career of 24 year old Charlie Owens it amounted to no more than 5 professional matches. Is I know he has had his injury problems that they don’t account for six years of his life and given that he is susceptible to injury to sign him for another year when there will be no sale value at all as he effectively becomes a free agent in January is mindnumbing.

I don’t completely agree with this. Charlie Owens does seem to be an unusual one in terms of how long we’ve stuck by him. They must see something in him. I don’t think it’s a bad thing for other players to see us support players through bad injuries. Also we’ve had plenty of players who have come out the other side and been of benefit to the first team, luke Amos and Jack Robinson come to mind.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer Rumours on 13:49 - Aug 5 with 2560 viewsEastR

A couple of pre-season quotes. The manager: “I didn’t come here to finish 16th in the league”’ “QPR can develop players and challenge for promotion”.” I don’t just want us to be there challenging to a point in the season, we need to be there (the play offs) right to the end”.
DOF: “we want to progress, push on to the next level (from 9th/11th)”

I fully get the restraints around P&S rules, and I realise we gambled when, for example, we brought back Austin and Johansen initially on loan and then permanently. So this is not about splashing cash we don’t have, but it is about asking some questions about how were managing what we have.

Everyone could see last season we were crying out for an upgrade on right full back yet here we are season under way still no resolution.
We gave up 25% of our goals getting rid of Austin and Gray, no problem with that under the finances, but surely has to be a priority to find a replacement?

New season priorities — a right back and a striker. Blindingly obvious.

We lost two starting defenders and replaced them with what looks like two starters — JCS and Paal. But at the same time we’ve somehow contrived to leave our best defender now languishing on the bench and in doing so have pushed one of our potential developers (Masterson) down the pecking order.
Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Dickie and free up some funds but would seem a bit risky to buy in when you don’t have some high degree of certainty of someone going out.
So we’re over stocked in defence, still no right back, and we’ll probably resolve it by bringing in someone else’s player on loan and developing them.

After adding Richards and Roberts in midfield (before anyone starts Richards is an attacking midfielder, not a striker) we now have 12 players competing for 5 vacant starting positions. We’re rolling in midfielders, we could had them out for free outside Shepherd’s Bush tube.
Again, maybe we thought someone was going to come and give us wads of cash for some of our midfielders. Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Willock or Chair but again we’ve brought in more to add to what we already had. Was that really the priority?

Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Dykes or Bonne. I’m not sure there’s a queue round the block for either of those two.

It all now seems a bit more hit and hope.

So here we are first home game tomorrow, we still need a right back and a striker. We’ve known half of that for a year, and the rest since March.

Now the manager is rolled out to manage expectations. I’m surprised he wasn’t asked to apologise for being behind on the maintenance issues too.
It all looks a bit amateurish. If it was your day job to sort that out you couldn’t really say you’ve done a good one. I actually feel sorry for Beale at the moment.

What’s really annoying is the way this stuff drips out. It’s always someone else’s fault, some hard luck story. Stop dealing with us like we’re stupid FFS.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Aug 5 with 2489 viewsWestbourneR

Transfer Rumours on 13:49 - Aug 5 by EastR

A couple of pre-season quotes. The manager: “I didn’t come here to finish 16th in the league”’ “QPR can develop players and challenge for promotion”.” I don’t just want us to be there challenging to a point in the season, we need to be there (the play offs) right to the end”.
DOF: “we want to progress, push on to the next level (from 9th/11th)”

I fully get the restraints around P&S rules, and I realise we gambled when, for example, we brought back Austin and Johansen initially on loan and then permanently. So this is not about splashing cash we don’t have, but it is about asking some questions about how were managing what we have.

Everyone could see last season we were crying out for an upgrade on right full back yet here we are season under way still no resolution.
We gave up 25% of our goals getting rid of Austin and Gray, no problem with that under the finances, but surely has to be a priority to find a replacement?

New season priorities — a right back and a striker. Blindingly obvious.

We lost two starting defenders and replaced them with what looks like two starters — JCS and Paal. But at the same time we’ve somehow contrived to leave our best defender now languishing on the bench and in doing so have pushed one of our potential developers (Masterson) down the pecking order.
Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Dickie and free up some funds but would seem a bit risky to buy in when you don’t have some high degree of certainty of someone going out.
So we’re over stocked in defence, still no right back, and we’ll probably resolve it by bringing in someone else’s player on loan and developing them.

After adding Richards and Roberts in midfield (before anyone starts Richards is an attacking midfielder, not a striker) we now have 12 players competing for 5 vacant starting positions. We’re rolling in midfielders, we could had them out for free outside Shepherd’s Bush tube.
Again, maybe we thought someone was going to come and give us wads of cash for some of our midfielders. Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Willock or Chair but again we’ve brought in more to add to what we already had. Was that really the priority?

Maybe the plan/hope/expectation was we would sell Dykes or Bonne. I’m not sure there’s a queue round the block for either of those two.

It all now seems a bit more hit and hope.

So here we are first home game tomorrow, we still need a right back and a striker. We’ve known half of that for a year, and the rest since March.

Now the manager is rolled out to manage expectations. I’m surprised he wasn’t asked to apologise for being behind on the maintenance issues too.
It all looks a bit amateurish. If it was your day job to sort that out you couldn’t really say you’ve done a good one. I actually feel sorry for Beale at the moment.

What’s really annoying is the way this stuff drips out. It’s always someone else’s fault, some hard luck story. Stop dealing with us like we’re stupid FFS.

I actually agree the squad has got more lop sided not less.

It's a bit of a mess atm.

So far, I was much more impressed with the early days of Warbs in comparison to Beale.

Transfer Rumours on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 2350 viewsLazyFan

Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Aug 5 by WestbourneR

I actually agree the squad has got more lop sided not less.

It's a bit of a mess atm.

So far, I was much more impressed with the early days of Warbs in comparison to Beale.

But yet Beale inherited what Warbs left him. Ad with no money he's done okay. Remember we did try to retain Barbs and Moses but our budget would not stretch to their current rates, we had to offer lower and remember they are also at the later end of their careers.

Replacements have been okay in my view, the problem is we relied on Willock too much and we cannot as he's only one player, similar to the Freeman days. He has not been replaced so, when he's injured we are in trouble.

Also, teams will know to mark him out of the game, as we rely too much on him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024