Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 391952 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 14:27 - Aug 5 with 5160 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 14:26 - Aug 5 by LazyFan

But yet Beale inherited what Warbs left him. Ad with no money he's done okay. Remember we did try to retain Barbs and Moses but our budget would not stretch to their current rates, we had to offer lower and remember they are also at the later end of their careers.

Replacements have been okay in my view, the problem is we relied on Willock too much and we cannot as he's only one player, similar to the Freeman days. He has not been replaced so, when he's injured we are in trouble.

Also, teams will know to mark him out of the game, as we rely too much on him.

We did not try to retain Barbs and Moses.
Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Aug 5 with 5037 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer Rumours on 02:02 - Aug 5 by vanrrrr

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-may-need-players-to-leave-in-order-to-si

Dykes and Bonne it is then. Gulp.

Don't worry, I can confidently predict that Thomas will get 20 goals this season. There, I've said it

Mind you, predicting it and it actually happening are two very different things

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Aug 5 with 4897 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer Rumours on 14:26 - Aug 5 by LazyFan

But yet Beale inherited what Warbs left him. Ad with no money he's done okay. Remember we did try to retain Barbs and Moses but our budget would not stretch to their current rates, we had to offer lower and remember they are also at the later end of their careers.

Replacements have been okay in my view, the problem is we relied on Willock too much and we cannot as he's only one player, similar to the Freeman days. He has not been replaced so, when he's injured we are in trouble.

Also, teams will know to mark him out of the game, as we rely too much on him.

Hasn't Roberts has been brought in to be able to play up front or in a Willock type role? I thought so anyway.

I think Beale is in the difficult position of having his recruitment stopped about 60% of the way through. He obviously wanted a RB, and a forward, and was very open about that. And I'm sure he'll not be happy to have only Niko as cover for Paarl - nobody is.

I wonder if there was a thought that Archer might be loaned to us on affordable terms, and that not happening has come as a blow? Total speculation.

On the RB, we seemed to fixate on that Millwall kid to an unhealthy extent given Rowett's comments - should have had another option or two rather than a Chelsea loanee, but we'll see.
Transfer Rumours on 15:13 - Aug 5 with 4812 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Aug 5 by BklynRanger

Hasn't Roberts has been brought in to be able to play up front or in a Willock type role? I thought so anyway.

I think Beale is in the difficult position of having his recruitment stopped about 60% of the way through. He obviously wanted a RB, and a forward, and was very open about that. And I'm sure he'll not be happy to have only Niko as cover for Paarl - nobody is.

I wonder if there was a thought that Archer might be loaned to us on affordable terms, and that not happening has come as a blow? Total speculation.

On the RB, we seemed to fixate on that Millwall kid to an unhealthy extent given Rowett's comments - should have had another option or two rather than a Chelsea loanee, but we'll see.

Roberts has to be fit so a bit of an issue

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer Rumours on 15:16 - Aug 5 with 4782 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 13:14 - Aug 5 by Logman

Can't see anyone spending money on any of our 24/25 year olds (what is it ? Drewe, Hamaleinen, Gubbins, Masterson, Bettache, Owens) so I think its unlikely that we'll get much in the way of a striker even if we do unload one or two.

Just in the interest of accuracy, their ages are:
Drewe 21
Hamalainen 24
Gubbins 20
Masterson 23
Bettache 22
Owens 24
Transfer Rumours on 15:41 - Aug 5 with 4582 viewskensalriser

Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Aug 5 by BklynRanger

I know squad numbers don't mean as much as they used to, but Roberts has been given number 11.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 4555 viewsdenhamhoop2

Transfer Rumours on 11:32 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Fantastic loan signing for both the player and the clubs involved a rare case of all 3 aligning together
Transfer Rumours on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 4549 viewstoboboly

Transfer Rumours on 15:16 - Aug 5 by dmm

Drewe 21
Hamalainen 24
Gubbins 20
Masterson 23
Bettache 22
Owens 24

Add Duke-Mckenna who will be 22 in just under 2 weeks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Duke-McKenna

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 16:01 - Aug 5 with 4471 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Aug 5 by WestbourneR

I actually agree the squad has got more lop sided not less.

It's a bit of a mess atm.

So far, I was much more impressed with the early days of Warbs in comparison to Beale.

We released 9 incl 3 keepers and a loanee. We've replaced 4 reducing the age of the squad. Decent strikers, generally, start at 5m. We have about 50p spare if we are to stay within FFP.

They may not be ideal but Dykes and Bonne are the strikers we can afford, with the former being the better of the two.

Armstrong may develop rapidly and obviate the need for another. But for now he is as raw as they come.

Expectations people. Be realistic.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer Rumours on 16:16 - Aug 5 with 4359 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer Rumours on 15:46 - Aug 5 by denhamhoop2

Fantastic loan signing for both the player and the clubs involved a rare case of all 3 aligning together

Paving the way for a bright future.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer Rumours on 17:00 - Aug 5 with 4142 viewsLogman

Transfer Rumours on 15:16 - Aug 5 by dmm

Drewe 21
Hamalainen 24
Gubbins 20
Masterson 23
Bettache 22
Owens 24

Correct. But those are the players that Beale means. And I imagine he would add Shodipo if anyone wanted to buy him. That's not meant disparagingly.
Transfer Rumours on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 4044 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer Rumours on 14:00 - Aug 5 by WestbourneR

I actually agree the squad has got more lop sided not less.

It's a bit of a mess atm.

So far, I was much more impressed with the early days of Warbs in comparison to Beale.

“I was much more impressed with the early days of Warbs in comparison to Beale”

Warbs was following on from hair island Schteve so that’s not surprising really.

I do think MB needs to improve the backdrop of his video interviews. It’s just bare walls and what I think is a clean blackboard. It makes him look temporary. I was always impressed with all the calenders and charts MW had on display.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 3994 viewsSouthallRanger

1) we have had the biggest financial penalty probably worldwide for financial fair play.
2) we have only had one decent fee for a player in god knows how many years
3) we spent a good amount of said Eze fee on 2 budget strikers, hoping at least one would turn out to be a diamond
4) we let a lot of players go at end of last season which freed up wages but didn’t bring in fees
5) the transfer window has some time to close yet
6) it makes sense that we prob need to sell to raise money for more players. Especially strikers which are THE premium position
7) Apparently we pushed the financial boat out last year with Charlie and jojo et al when we sniffed a play off chance. Losing out on that is going to cost us this year and we are seeing it now

Mostly remember that in our position and budget level the hit rate on signings that are successes are low. We bought in players that didn’t work out at all. Ones that have been average so far (Amos, Dozzell), ones with potential (field) and ones that are special (Willock). You could go through other areas and put each player in one of those categories. That’s just the way it is.

Who are our next saleable assets that fetch in decent money to strengthen the team. In terms of decent money only Willock I think. Average money: chair, dickie. Armstrong has potential to fit into one of those brackets.

In mean time let’s not lose our shit and get carried away with unrealistic expectations. I’m a fan of the people running our club including sir Les, but I’m not naive enough to think they have done a perfect job and got all decisions right. But they have a strategy and are trying to work to it in the best interests of the club. Let’s enjoy the ride and see how the team does. There might be surprises at the end of this window, there might be movement in the next window. I live in hope that our attack somehow clicks better and we score enough goals to have a really good season. More realistic is to hope we get lucky with injuries and don’t get sucked into a relegation fight.

As always I’ll start the season in hope and let’s results grind me down rather than start on the negative
Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 3991 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 17:00 - Aug 5 by Logman

Correct. But those are the players that Beale means. And I imagine he would add Shodipo if anyone wanted to buy him. That's not meant disparagingly.

Sure, I didn't think you were disparaging. But, are these the players Beale to which refers? I've not seen him suggest any names. That said, I'm sure if we could move on some of them, whether loan or perm, we would.
Transfer Rumours on 17:44 - Aug 5 with 3891 viewsgolborne

Transfer Rumours on 14:36 - Aug 5 by R_from_afar

Don't worry, I can confidently predict that Thomas will get 20 goals this season. There, I've said it

Mind you, predicting it and it actually happening are two very different things

good cross for the Amos goal against Blackpool! I've run out of positive things to say about Thomas and the past few seasons. Sorry, he's a trier and we all love one of those, even if they needlessly balloon the ball from 25-30 yards from one of your few good moves in a poor attacking display
Transfer Rumours on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 3812 viewsHoopstar

George Thomas really does scream League One. Definitely be a good player at that level.

One thing you do notice is how central Thomas is to so much of our social media - seems to be a great character and just about everyone's best mate at the club. Do wonder if he has a good effect on morale which makes keeping him round for his 15 minute charge about and obligatory miss of some sort a better decision for the club.
Transfer Rumours on 18:09 - Aug 5 with 3748 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 5 by SouthallRanger

1) we have had the biggest financial penalty probably worldwide for financial fair play.
3) we spent a good amount of said Eze fee on 2 budget strikers, hoping at least one would turn out to be a diamond
4) we let a lot of players go at end of last season which freed up wages but didn’t bring in fees
6) it makes sense that we prob need to sell to raise money for more players. Especially strikers which are THE premium position
7) Apparently we pushed the financial boat out last year with Charlie and jojo et al when we sniffed a play off chance. Losing out on that is going to cost us this year and we are seeing it now

Mostly remember that in our position and budget level the hit rate on signings that are successes are low. We bought in players that didn’t work out at all. Ones that have been average so far (Amos, Dozzell), ones with potential (field) and ones that are special (Willock). You could go through other areas and put each player in one of those categories. That’s just the way it is.

Who are our next saleable assets that fetch in decent money to strengthen the team. In terms of decent money only Willock I think. Average money: chair, dickie. Armstrong has potential to fit into one of those brackets.

In mean time let’s not lose our shit and get carried away with unrealistic expectations. I’m a fan of the people running our club including sir Les, but I’m not naive enough to think they have done a perfect job and got all decisions right. But they have a strategy and are trying to work to it in the best interests of the club. Let’s enjoy the ride and see how the team does. There might be surprises at the end of this window, there might be movement in the next window. I live in hope that our attack somehow clicks better and we score enough goals to have a really good season. More realistic is to hope we get lucky with injuries and don’t get sucked into a relegation fight.

As always I’ll start the season in hope and let’s results grind me down rather than start on the negative

I'm printing this out for Joan.
Transfer Rumours on 19:49 - Aug 5 with 3429 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer Rumours on 17:44 - Aug 5 by golborne

good cross for the Amos goal against Blackpool! I've run out of positive things to say about Thomas and the past few seasons. Sorry, he's a trier and we all love one of those, even if they needlessly balloon the ball from 25-30 yards from one of your few good moves in a poor attacking display

I am hoping and praying that he somehow scores early this season, giving him a huge confidence boost and turning him into a goal machine. 🙏

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer Rumours on 20:27 - Aug 5 with 3321 viewsNed_Kennedys

Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Aug 5 by Myke

I interpreted that slightly differently, when he said outgoings may not be 'what we expect'. If we 'expect' Bonne to leave and are resigned to being left with Dykes, perhaps it is going to be the other way around? If Dykes does leave, I would assume it will be to a Scottish club and apart from Celtic or Rangers, I can't see us recouping our 2M. However, if we get even half that, it may free up enough to pay the wages of a decent young striker on loan.

This is one of the maddest things I’ve read on here: you’d be happy to sell Dykes for a million??
He’s the first choice Scotland striker and has shown he can score goals for us: what are we going to be able to buy for that money?
If we want to ‘cash in’ then wait for his next run of goals (hopefully including a few high profile ones for Scotland) and tout him around then.

It’s crazy that some seem to have written him off after one game this season.
Transfer Rumours on 21:14 - Aug 5 with 3198 viewsaston_hoop

Our U23 winger Armelindo Mema played for Derby on trial tonight. Sounds like he's looking around rather than signing a new deal with us

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer Rumours on 22:36 - Aug 5 with 3015 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 21:14 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Our U23 winger Armelindo Mema played for Derby on trial tonight. Sounds like he's looking around rather than signing a new deal with us

Shame as you just know I’d of christened him Armadillo

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 23:48 - Aug 5 with 2852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Aug 5 by SouthallRanger

Superb.
Balanced and fair to all, I think.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer Rumours on 00:02 - Aug 6 with 2826 viewsMrSheen

Transfer Rumours on 22:36 - Aug 5 by Lblock

Shame as you just know I’d of christened him Armadillo

Amontillado? Yes, please.
Transfer Rumours on 00:24 - Aug 6 with 2780 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 20:27 - Aug 5 by Ned_Kennedys

This is one of the maddest things I’ve read on here: you’d be happy to sell Dykes for a million??
He’s the first choice Scotland striker and has shown he can score goals for us: what are we going to be able to buy for that money?
If we want to ‘cash in’ then wait for his next run of goals (hopefully including a few high profile ones for Scotland) and tout him around then.

It’s crazy that some seem to have written him off after one game this season.

Hmmm well I certainly have my mad moments so you may well be right. I wouldn't say I have written Dykes off -which is more frustrating in a way, as I feel he could be decent at this level. But he is only a shadow of the man we signed. Think of the way he used to go around smashing into people, annoying and harassing defenders, 'pressing' (hate that word - what's wrong with 'closing down' ) Now he ambles around aimlessly and is constantly bullied by defenders. He was never prolific, apart from that purple patch (when the whole team enjoyed a purple patch) from Jan- May 2021) but now he carries no goal threat at all. Yes I recognise he is a Scottish International and he does play marginally better for them than us, which is why I suggested he may go back to Scotland.

In order for a player to be worth more than they cost, they must improve in the interim. Dykes hasn't. Therefore it is hard to imagine we will recoup what we paid, except perhaps through add-ons
I don't think we will be able to buy anyone for a million as I said in the post you are responding to, but 1 mill would make it possible to loan a striker for a season. Your final point is simply not valid. as he has been poor or 'injured' for many months now.
Transfer Rumours on 01:20 - Aug 6 with 2726 viewsDannyPaddox

He’s been spotted and scouted. The data analysts are happy. The finance bods are happy. Due diligence has been done. A contract has been signed. Behold the arrival of …

[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 1:46]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024