Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Gone 16:03 - Aug 18 with 27800 viewsHullDale

N/T
Stockdale Gone on 16:04 - Aug 18 with 10523 viewsHullDale

Stockdale Gone on 16:06 - Aug 18 with 10493 viewsHullDale

As others have said in multiple posts, its a real shame it didn't work out. He seemed like a genuine bloke, and his efforts through the clusterfook of a situation last year will be remembered & appreciated.

Feels like its the right time for the club and for him, but make no mistake - the next appointment is massive.
Stockdale Gone on 16:08 - Aug 18 with 10442 viewselectricblue

Stockdale Gone on 16:06 - Aug 18 by HullDale

As others have said in multiple posts, its a real shame it didn't work out. He seemed like a genuine bloke, and his efforts through the clusterfook of a situation last year will be remembered & appreciated.

Feels like its the right time for the club and for him, but make no mistake - the next appointment is massive.

Plus is Shand as gone aswell...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale Gone on 16:12 - Aug 18 with 10356 viewsIOMDale

Not going to take any joy whatsoever in this sacking but it’s 100% the correct decision. I’d say this next appointment is the biggest one we’ve faced since Parkin got sacked the second time round. Hilly forced the club’s hand in his caretaker spell but I suspect we’ll be looking outside the club this time.

As for who could be in the frame, I wouldn’t even like to hazard a guess.

UTDNFS

Stockdale Gone on 16:17 - Aug 18 with 10250 viewsseasidedale

I reckon either graham Alexander or bowyer,
Stockdale Gone on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 10229 views442Dale

No mention of who is looking after the squad which is normally part of such statements. Wonder if a further announcement will follow.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 10241 viewselectricblue

So who do we want then!

Dont say Hill as that ship as sailed and sunk....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale Gone on 16:24 - Aug 18 with 10119 viewsBarrowdale

Anyone who will entertain me
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Gone on 16:27 - Aug 18 with 10043 viewsBlueMessiah

Real shame things didn't work out for him, met him a couple of times and is a genuinely decent fella. However, questionable recruitment and tactics/style of play not suited to a League 2 battle means he had to go. Credit to the board for acting quickly.

I wish him well and hope he has success somewhere in the future.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Stockdale Gone on 16:27 - Aug 18 with 10032 viewsscarrow

Stockdale Gone on 16:17 - Aug 18 by seasidedale

I reckon either graham Alexander or bowyer,

Bowyer is at dundee

Poll: Final position

Stockdale Gone on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 10009 viewsBrierls

It's the correct decision.

I can't help but feel a little bit sad for Robbie, it didn't come close to working out this season despite receiving the backing of the board in January and the summer. Bar that final interview, I think he conducted himself very well. It wasn't through lack of effort. All the best, Robbie!

Next permanent appointment is crucial. I can see Big Jim taking over as caretaker, but fully expecting an external appointment.
Stockdale Gone on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 9999 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Good decision and hopefully a well planned action as opposed to a knee-jerk reaction to fan discontent.
Stockdale Gone on 16:30 - Aug 18 with 9951 viewsBigKindo

No pleasure or gloating from me taken in this situation. The correct decision. Good luck to them both.

Incoming. We need an experienced senior manager with a wealth of footballing knowledge and plenty of contacts. A person not currently employed so we don't have to pay compensation. Hang on! Oh s**t! I have just described Roger.

Have the Trust posted anybody at Tesco filling station yet?
Stockdale Gone on 16:30 - Aug 18 with 9940 views1949er

I go along with Alexander.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Stockdale Gone on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 9925 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Gone on 16:08 - Aug 18 by electricblue

Plus is Shand as gone aswell...

Depends on whether you can read or not...

A tough but right decision by the board - part of their learning curve, i guess

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Gone on 16:32 - Aug 18 with 9873 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Gone on 16:31 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Can WUM's read?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockdale Gone on 16:33 - Aug 18 with 9847 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Gone on 16:18 - Aug 18 by electricblue

So who do we want then!

Dont say Hill as that ship as sailed and sunk....

You mean the bloke currently employed by Scunthorpe?

Keep trying.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockdale Gone on 16:35 - Aug 18 with 9792 viewsBrierls

Stockdale Gone on 16:31 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Not sure what the board could have done differently re appointing Stockdale. He speaks very well, will have wowed in an interview. He was dealt an incredibly tough hand with the off field stuff and embargo, but still had us playing some good stuff in the first 10 games or so. Even if we'd had a 'try before you buy', we'd have appointed him after the refreshing style adopted early last season.
Stockdale Gone on 16:38 - Aug 18 with 9707 views49thseason

Lets hope there was a cheap sacking clause in their contracts... I imagine senior players will be in charge for a week or two unless there is already a name in the frame.
But whoever comes in has a car-crash of a squad to work with. We need a miracle worker, someone with a mind of his own that isn't full of coaching manual nonsense and someone who knows that scoring goals is the whole object of the exercise
Stockdale Gone on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 9661 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Gone on 16:35 - Aug 18 by Brierls

Not sure what the board could have done differently re appointing Stockdale. He speaks very well, will have wowed in an interview. He was dealt an incredibly tough hand with the off field stuff and embargo, but still had us playing some good stuff in the first 10 games or so. Even if we'd had a 'try before you buy', we'd have appointed him after the refreshing style adopted early last season.

Yes, i agree and would've done exactly the same in their position

That it hasn't worked out is no reflection on them. We won't know (nor should we) whether it was a unanimous decision or how it was arrived at, but this being their first collective experience of appointing and firing in a sporting context, the ruminations they'll have gone through should stand them in good stead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Gone on 16:41 - Aug 18 with 9666 viewsrkershaw

Stockdale Gone on 16:38 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

Lets hope there was a cheap sacking clause in their contracts... I imagine senior players will be in charge for a week or two unless there is already a name in the frame.
But whoever comes in has a car-crash of a squad to work with. We need a miracle worker, someone with a mind of his own that isn't full of coaching manual nonsense and someone who knows that scoring goals is the whole object of the exercise

Sarina Wiegman!!
Stockdale Gone on 16:44 - Aug 18 with 9579 viewsSaxonDale

Shame for Stockdale but well done to the board for making the right decision. Can understand why there’s a clamour for experience but I’d be happy with McNulty taking it for now and seeing how he does over the next 3-4 games. He’s had a few decent managers in his career to learn from and I think we’ve got a few wise heads in the dressing room who will be able to help him keep order.

I think Jim will also have as good an idea as any as to why it currently hasn’t been working and what needs to be done to fix it, whilst also knowing the dynamics between certain players in the dressing room (Charman). Whether he’d want the job yet is a different matter.
Stockdale Gone on 16:45 - Aug 18 with 9548 viewssweetcorn

Hilly next

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stockdale Gone on 16:58 - Aug 18 with 9298 viewsEllDale

I can only only echo what so many others have already said.
Desperately wanted him to do well as he seems so genuine so sorry it's turned out as it has.
It'll be a long drive back home for him this afternoon and he's a family to feed.
Having said that he's been in the game all his life and will be a realist about job security as a manager. Hopefully he'll be back in work soon.
We owe him thanks for stepping in when he did last year and at the time and under the circumstances that he did.
There will be several players in the dressing room who will only be at Dale because of him and Jimmy Shan. But they're professionals and will soon adapt I'm sure.
Stockdale Gone on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 9275 viewsboromat

Tony Ellis has normally been mentioned by now 😂

Also awaiting Flitcroft and Beech to be mentioned.

Seriously I haven't got a clue who you bring in. Agree that Jim could be given it for the interim. Although I'd like to see an experienced manager come in most of the more 'exciting' options could be another young manager. We just need to make sure we bring someone in with a true winning mentality.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024