Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 59472 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 09:05 - Sep 13 with 2939 viewssprocket

Wall to wall 24x7 coverage on BBC/Sky for 10 days does seem a little excessive to me. I get that this is a big news story and national event and all that but still...
The Queen on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 2907 viewspaulparker

Funny how the majority with leanings to the left on here love to portray themselves as nice caring , compassionate people who hate violence and who love their fellow man
The same posters who are calling people c*unts , bellends, offering people out and the cherry on the cake bringing up a posters illness to aid their mad rantings
Absolutely disgusting and vile, and the the two posters should be chucked off here after showing themselves up again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Queen on 09:12 - Sep 13 with 2877 viewsslmrstid

The Queen on 09:05 - Sep 13 by sprocket

Wall to wall 24x7 coverage on BBC/Sky for 10 days does seem a little excessive to me. I get that this is a big news story and national event and all that but still...

Agree, someone said on here the other day (possibly even yesterday) that its starting to feel a bit mawkish now and I agree. It is a huge historical event but life does go on for us all and we're not all desperate to watch every single thing that happens. The Americans have the Kardashian family, we have the Royal Family to obsess over it seems.

Things like this concern me too:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62883713

I saw footage of the incident in Edinburgh yesterday - one kid (late teens, 20ish) shouting "You're a sick man!" at Andrew over and over before he then got pulled out of the crowd by other spectators and partly duffed up, and then by the police who more or less finished the job off.

I get that at that sort of event the crowd are going to be 95% pro-royal so you aren't exactly going to be welcomed for turning up and abusing them (although given what Andrew has allegedly been up to it feels a bit weird for the masses to defend him...), much like going and standing in the middle of the R Block and singing songs declaring your love for Chelsea/John Terry, but the idea that the police can just join in on duffing them up and arresting them when they haven't actually committed a crime (I've read they are using Public Order Offences as the justification to detain them) feels worryingly authoritarian to me.
The Queen on 09:17 - Sep 13 with 2839 viewsSharpediver

The Queen on 08:49 - Sep 13 by Discodroids

'I don't do personal abuse or resort to shouting at people, belittling them or swearing at them'. 

------------

If it pleases the court to look in the body of the text posted on exhibit page 9  of this thread by  renowned  Loft for Words Author, 'Sharpediver',  he clearly lambasts, does he not,  those paying their respects  to a 96 year old Great Grandmother as 'sycophantic'. Certainly a term of 'belittlement', I am only too sure the Court would agree...

M'lud,  it grieves me to present this most base  pupae of hypocrisy before you in such a manner. However This beggarly, two-suited, worsted-stocking  eater of broken meats then goes on to champion that  very same trait of Hypocrisy in the same Post!!,  by thunderously back-slapping the one trunk scoundrel Whore-Pander,  and Celebrated Loft for word Author, his 'Mate' and possible concubine,  'Jay'..

'Jay's'  Valour now  Bolstered on a Bermuda triangle of Kestral lager,  90 percent pure shippam fish paste Mighty white sandwiches and a pot of swarfega beffiting his 2inch shaft , courageously called the Queen a 'Parasite', in a post at 1am Sunday Morning when every c unt on here was in his bastard Kip.

A Post since cast into the midden, quite rightly in my opinion,  by Our Supreme Bashar Na-Baron, 'Northernr'. Praise be upon him.

And Yet, Having said all of this, The court would  like to thank 'Sharpediver' for his candour in providing a sample mean inventory of his reading material** in mitigation,  A most engrossing epistle of works,  we can all agree M'lud.

Alas, This court feel compelled to  point out that although no one here present gives a  hard boiled shag on what publications 'Sharpediver' consumes in the Sanctity of his gratis  Erich Honecker Plattenbau,   there very well maybe chitinous protozoa ossified in rock billions of year ago on the Sea of Fecundity, who do indeed give, a solitary flying fu ck.

**The Times,
London Review of Books
The New Stateman.
Also dips into The Spectator occasionally!!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 9:19]

Very droll mate.
You make a fair point in your imaginary court 'judgement' and yes I would say that I would consider your opinions 'sycophantic' too if that helps clarify things. Apologies if you consider that 'belittling'. Best wishes Disco old son, maybe see you down the R's one day, I owe you a pint in compensation for any offence caused.
The Queen on 09:18 - Sep 13 with 2829 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Queen on 09:12 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

Agree, someone said on here the other day (possibly even yesterday) that its starting to feel a bit mawkish now and I agree. It is a huge historical event but life does go on for us all and we're not all desperate to watch every single thing that happens. The Americans have the Kardashian family, we have the Royal Family to obsess over it seems.

I saw footage of the incident in Edinburgh yesterday - one kid (late teens, 20ish) shouting "You're a sick man!" at Andrew over and over before he then got pulled out of the crowd by other spectators and partly duffed up, and then by the police who more or less finished the job off.

I get that at that sort of event the crowd are going to be 95% pro-royal so you aren't exactly going to be welcomed for turning up and abusing them (although given what Andrew has allegedly been up to it feels a bit weird for the masses to defend him...), much like going and standing in the middle of the R Block and singing songs declaring your love for Chelsea/John Terry, but the idea that the police can just join in on duffing them up and arresting them when they haven't actually committed a crime (I've read they are using Public Order Offences as the justification to detain them) feels worryingly authoritarian to me.

Thank Boris & Priti nasty Patel for the new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/police-crime-sentencing-and-courts-bi

The grass is always greener.

The Queen on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 2784 viewsted_hendrix

Andrew and Sarah Ferguson have been tasked with looking after the corgi's.

Stunning news, the pair of them will have their work cut out now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Queen on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 2774 viewsDiscodroids

The Queen on 09:17 - Sep 13 by Sharpediver

Very droll mate.
You make a fair point in your imaginary court 'judgement' and yes I would say that I would consider your opinions 'sycophantic' too if that helps clarify things. Apologies if you consider that 'belittling'. Best wishes Disco old son, maybe see you down the R's one day, I owe you a pint in compensation for any offence caused.

We'll have to disagree with my post saying 'goodnight Sweetheart' along with a picture of The Queen as being sycophantic, but you took my response in a great spirit.

I'll only have that pint with you if you let me buy you two back. ;-)

All the best mate.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 9:31]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

The Queen on 09:28 - Sep 13 with 2761 viewsOutWestR

The Queen on 09:04 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Jesus Christ. Feel better for that do we lads? All off our chest?

Queen, or thread locked.

Every now and again I pop back onto this message board to see what's going on, and every time I'm reminded why I stopped coming here in the first place. Depressing.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 09:32 - Sep 13 with 2719 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 09:05 - Sep 13 by sprocket

There is choice though. BBC2 & Channel 4 switched to normal programming on friday night. ITV evening schedule has been normal programming even BBC have been showing dramas at 9pm the last 2 nights.
You also have 100's of othert channels carryng on as normal as well as various streaming services.

The public service broadcasters though do have to show these ceremonies which are on in the day, it's history being made in front of our eyes, would be a bit mad if they sacked it off to show Dickinsons Real Deal.
The Queen on 09:34 - Sep 13 with 2686 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 09:12 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

I'm all for free speech but when you have basically a funeral procession walking down the road I'm not sure thats the right time to shout nonce at Prince Andrew. I'm not sure what he was hoping would happen there, i imagine he got what he wanted.
The Queen on 09:40 - Sep 13 with 2656 viewssprocket

The Queen on 09:32 - Sep 13 by daveB

There is choice though. BBC2 & Channel 4 switched to normal programming on friday night. ITV evening schedule has been normal programming even BBC have been showing dramas at 9pm the last 2 nights.
You also have 100's of othert channels carryng on as normal as well as various streaming services.

The public service broadcasters though do have to show these ceremonies which are on in the day, it's history being made in front of our eyes, would be a bit mad if they sacked it off to show Dickinsons Real Deal.

I get that Dave and yes there is choice. I don't really watch TV much but having 24x7 coverage does to me anyway seem a little excessive though.
The Queen on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 2639 viewsPhildo

The Queen on 09:25 - Sep 13 by ted_hendrix

Andrew and Sarah Ferguson have been tasked with looking after the corgi's.

Stunning news, the pair of them will have their work cut out now.

Haven't the poor dogs suffered enough?
The Queen on 09:53 - Sep 13 with 2549 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 09:40 - Sep 13 by sprocket

I get that Dave and yes there is choice. I don't really watch TV much but having 24x7 coverage does to me anyway seem a little excessive though.

It's impossible to get the balance right, viewing figures are showing that a lot of people are watching it so some people want it whilst others are probably fed up of it all.
The Queen on 10:12 - Sep 13 with 2460 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queen on 09:53 - Sep 13 by daveB

It's impossible to get the balance right, viewing figures are showing that a lot of people are watching it so some people want it whilst others are probably fed up of it all.

I’ve barely watched any of it but I was talking to my mum yesterday morning and she was watching them load luggage onto a plane at Northolt airport!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queen on 10:52 - Sep 13 with 2277 viewsSydneyRs

The Queen on 09:06 - Sep 13 by paulparker

Funny how the majority with leanings to the left on here love to portray themselves as nice caring , compassionate people who hate violence and who love their fellow man
The same posters who are calling people c*unts , bellends, offering people out and the cherry on the cake bringing up a posters illness to aid their mad rantings
Absolutely disgusting and vile, and the the two posters should be chucked off here after showing themselves up again

Bit of a sweeping statement there and a tad unfair.

While its clear things have got heated and a bit unpleasant between a few individuals on this thread, no need to tar all with the same brush. Call out the individuals involved if you want to, leave the rest of us out of it.
The Queen on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 2233 viewstraininvain

The Queen on 10:52 - Sep 13 by SydneyRs

While its clear things have got heated and a bit unpleasant between a few individuals on this thread, no need to tar all with the same brush. Call out the individuals involved if you want to, leave the rest of us out of it.

Agreed. It takes two to tango and I can’t help but think that the boy who cried wolf got exactly what he wanted.
The Queen on 11:15 - Sep 13 with 2141 viewsderbyhoop

The coverage is excessive but the simple solution is not to watch. The OH has been fascinated by the constitutional stuff, but vox pops of people queuing to walk past a sealed coffin is unnecessary and uninformative.

Each to their own.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Queen on 11:31 - Sep 13 with 2074 viewspaulparker

The Queen on 10:52 - Sep 13 by SydneyRs

Did you read the post I said majority
Posters like Bazza, Robith , NGB are left in their views and I’ve had disagreements with them until the cows come home
I’ve also had some good posts with them , they haven’t felt the need to hijack this thread and neither have they called out a posters illness nor calling people a shower of cnts
If you feel your being tarred with that brush that’s on you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Queen on 11:31 - Sep 13 with 2082 viewsMaggsinho

The Queen on 11:15 - Sep 13 by derbyhoop

The coverage is excessive but the simple solution is not to watch. The OH has been fascinated by the constitutional stuff, but vox pops of people queuing to walk past a sealed coffin is unnecessary and uninformative.

Each to their own.

I agree, the ceremonial stuff is interesting to watch, a genuine sense of history unfolding in front of you and I would expect that to be covered.

Endless vox pops less so, this morning they interviewed someone who once mistook the Queen for their mum in a crowd and that seemed to be the whole extent of her story.

I guess the problem is once they've committed to non stop programming at the times there's nothing to talk about there's a lot of space to fill.
The Queen on 11:43 - Sep 13 with 2022 viewsslmrstid

The Queen on 11:31 - Sep 13 by Maggsinho

I agree, the ceremonial stuff is interesting to watch, a genuine sense of history unfolding in front of you and I would expect that to be covered.

Endless vox pops less so, this morning they interviewed someone who once mistook the Queen for their mum in a crowd and that seemed to be the whole extent of her story.

I guess the problem is once they've committed to non stop programming at the times there's nothing to talk about there's a lot of space to fill.

"I guess the problem is once they've committed to non stop programming at the times there's nothing to talk about there's a lot of space to fill."

Its like transfer deadline day, for 10 days
The Queen on 11:48 - Sep 13 with 1993 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 11:43 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

"I guess the problem is once they've committed to non stop programming at the times there's nothing to talk about there's a lot of space to fill."

Its like transfer deadline day, for 10 days

Harry Redknapp will turn up soon, triffic Lady
The Queen on 11:59 - Sep 13 with 1929 viewsSydneyRs

The Queen on 11:31 - Sep 13 by paulparker

Did you read the post I said majority
Posters like Bazza, Robith , NGB are left in their views and I’ve had disagreements with them until the cows come home
I’ve also had some good posts with them , they haven’t felt the need to hijack this thread and neither have they called out a posters illness nor calling people a shower of cnts
If you feel your being tarred with that brush that’s on you

You referred to the majority with leanings to the left, not the actual people involved. So as I said, a tad unfair on everyone else.

Getting personal and offering people out is bang out of order either way. I don't think it's confined to one side of the political spectrum.
The Queen on 12:16 - Sep 13 with 1867 viewsslmrstid

The Queen on 11:48 - Sep 13 by daveB

Harry Redknapp will turn up soon, triffic Lady

Peter Odemwingie came racing down to London in his car because his agent told him he'd be offered a Duchy, all he needed to do was turn up.
The Queen on 12:49 - Sep 13 with 1765 viewspaulparker

The Queen on 11:59 - Sep 13 by SydneyRs

You referred to the majority with leanings to the left, not the actual people involved. So as I said, a tad unfair on everyone else.

Getting personal and offering people out is bang out of order either way. I don't think it's confined to one side of the political spectrum.

On this thread it has

The Queen on 13:16 - Sep 13 with 1653 viewsPunteR

The Queen on 12:16 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

Peter Odemwingie came racing down to London in his car because his agent told him he'd be offered a Duchy, all he needed to do was turn up.

Was he in his dinghy?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024