Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine 23:51 - Sep 9 with 77765 viewsMrSheen

Posted with some trepidation as I know Clive doesn’t like multis. Understandably overlooked by the national media, but it seems like the Russians are completely caving in, rope-a-doped as effectively as von Paulus in 1942. Who knows what this might lead to?
Ukraine on 18:21 - Sep 21 with 4627 viewsDiscodroids

Fu ck a White Swan. I wouldn't moderate this forum for all the hellbanianz Gascoigne Barking council estate yayo Served up on a Saint Teresa Sanctification Day bank holiday weekend.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ukraine on 18:28 - Sep 21 with 4585 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ukraine on 13:31 - Sep 21 by kensalriser

'US backed coup'. seems to to me a gross misrepresentation of the facts, not to mention a somewhat Russocentric view. The alternative view is that an unpopular government was essentially forced to step down by wide scale popular protest following its ignoring of the Parliament's decision to sign a trade deal with the EU and bending to pressure from Moscow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_of_Dignity
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 15:00]

They’ve literally admitted it!

That’s not to say that young Ukrainians weren’t a marvel in the Euromaiden, just that the US backed it / interfered.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957.amp
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 19:05]
Ukraine on 19:22 - Sep 21 with 4457 viewsdistortR

Ukraine on 08:59 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree 100%, GloryHunter.

I find this forum changes my mind for me more than newspapers or social media.

I won't change my mind about buying you a drink, though.
Ukraine on 19:34 - Sep 21 with 4413 viewsQPR_John

Ukraine on 18:05 - Sep 21 by PlanetHonneywood

I suspect I'll get to call her a lot worse before her conduct and performance warrants anything remotely respectful.

I suspect those who'll suffer at her policies will comment likewise.

No problem with that your decision. But complaining about somebody not having basic manners while calling them names is a little odd don’t you think.
Ukraine on 20:00 - Sep 21 with 4332 viewsRanger_Things

Ukraine on 17:59 - Sep 21 by QPR_John

“Just basic manners, Lizard has none.”

Calling somebody Lizard is hardly showing basic manners.

I agree mate, truly shocking behaviour. I wouldn’t blame the Prime Minister if she never posted ever again on LFW.
Ukraine on 21:40 - Sep 21 with 4180 viewscolinallcars

Ukraine on 08:26 - Sep 21 by connell10

Just listened to Putins address , the man is totally mad! He is living in another world , bullet through the head is on the cards for him i should think!

As Tom Lehrer sang “we will all go together when we go”
Ukraine on 22:37 - Sep 21 with 4108 viewsted_hendrix

Russian police are reported to have arrested hundreds of protesters rallying against the Kremlin's decision to call up thousands of extra troops to fight in Ukraine.

Russian human rights group OVD-Info put the total at more than 1,000. The largest numbers arrested were in St Petersburg and Moscow.

Flights out of Russia sold out fast after Vladimir Putin's announcement.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ukraine on 23:10 - Sep 21 with 4040 viewsRs_Holy

Alexei Navalny, the jailed Russian opposition figure, says partial mobilisation will lead to "massive tragedy".

In a video message from jail, recorded and published by his lawyers, he says: "This will result in a massive tragedy, in a massive amount of deaths... in order to keep his personal power, Putin went into a neighbouring country, killed people there and is now sending a huge quantity of Russian citizens into this war."
Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine on 23:42 - Sep 21 with 3975 viewsNewBee

Ukraine on 18:09 - Sep 21 by collegeranger

The next couple of weeks will be interesting Russia has a record of getting restless with the rulers in the month of October! Sending out reservists to the frontline as the weather turns could be Putin's downfall as the trains carrying the bodybags back begin to pile up. Also expect a number of 'political' refugees from Russia and Belarus as conscription is now a real possibility.

He is now playing the "I have nuclear so don't push me" but I doubt he will use it as quite literally could blow back into his face !

"Sending out reservists to the frontline as the weather turns could be Putin's downfall as the trains carrying the bodybags back begin to pile up."

Agree with the general idea (Putin's downfall), but not with the timing.

Conscription isn't like ordering something from Amazon, to arrive next day.

They need to select the 300k unlucky sods and get them to turn up somewhere. They've then got to swear them in, give them a medical, a haircut and uniform, and find a barracks for them to live in. Then it's basic training and integration into their units, while sorting out the overall logistics - food, weaponry, transport, field accommodation and the rest - to support them in the field, for thousands at a time.

And all this to be done while their best people are already in Ukraine trying to hold the line.

Meaning you won't see any of them in a trench firing a rifle before the New Year - more likely the Spring.

Which in itself is good news for the Ukrainians (obv), except it's not really possible for them to maintain a major offensive in the winter out there and besides, their troops need R&R too.
Ukraine on 07:49 - Sep 22 with 3769 viewsdistortR

Was listening to Radio 4 yesterday, and they asked what people's perception of the war in China.
Essentially, the reporter's answer was 'dunno', but they did say that a Chinese version of twitter post that compared putin to a gangster got hundreds of 'likes', which made me think
1) thats pretty impressive in a nation of 1.4 billion;
2) was this the journalist that Northern interviewed for a job,and
3) how poor (Qualitatively, not financially) so much of the BBC's output is these days.
Ukraine on 08:38 - Sep 22 with 3704 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ukraine on 07:49 - Sep 22 by distortR

Was listening to Radio 4 yesterday, and they asked what people's perception of the war in China.
Essentially, the reporter's answer was 'dunno', but they did say that a Chinese version of twitter post that compared putin to a gangster got hundreds of 'likes', which made me think
1) thats pretty impressive in a nation of 1.4 billion;
2) was this the journalist that Northern interviewed for a job,and
3) how poor (Qualitatively, not financially) so much of the BBC's output is these days.

China will hate instability as much as the rest of us, especially the fallout of energy and food insecurity.
Ukraine on 14:29 - Sep 22 with 3497 viewsSonofpugwash

Can't see the Rooskies bombing London since they virtually prop up the housing market there - especially West London.
As for them getting into bed with China...I remember(back in the day) getting parked next to a Russian attache' with an unpronouceable name at a WH Smith corporate luncheon,his entire conversation seemed to be predicated by "When we are at war with China".Not sure if that traditional view has changed much.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ukraine on 15:18 - Sep 22 with 3429 viewsenfieldargh

China also has covid running rife. Tianjin pop 14 million southeast of Beijing in lock down, not only a major manufacturing region but als one of the major seaports.

Folks I deal with out there are having to work from home. All very well for office based work but manfacturing in many cases has ground to a halt.

Chengdu 21 milion also continues to be locked down.

They have a zero tollerance to covid out there, not surprising the people are crammed in like rabbits in either dilapidated ancient dwellings or vacumn packed into hastily built tower blocks lined up like dominoes throughout the country.

Ukraine also under equipped. Recruits going to war without protective gear, difference is these are volunteers fighting for their homeland

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ukraine on 17:17 - Sep 22 with 3297 viewsslmrstid

The worrying bit now comes when these "referendums" inevitably declare that everyone wants to join Russia...despite the fact the Russians don't event control the whole of those regions currently.

Obviously virtually no-one in the world will believe it other than the usual suspects, the Ukrainians will likely keep attacking...what happens then?
Ukraine on 19:19 - Sep 22 with 3169 viewstraininvain

Reports of Russian war protesters being arrested and given draft papers. The message is clear, protest against the war and you end up fast tracked to the front line. Incredibly bleak.
Ukraine on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 3088 viewsJuzzie

Ukraine on 17:17 - Sep 22 by slmrstid

The worrying bit now comes when these "referendums" inevitably declare that everyone wants to join Russia...despite the fact the Russians don't event control the whole of those regions currently.

Obviously virtually no-one in the world will believe it other than the usual suspects, the Ukrainians will likely keep attacking...what happens then?

Russia can then use it as an excuse that their territory is being attacked and that they now have to defend themselves against the evils of Nazi Ukraine and the horrible evils of the USA, UK & NATO.
Ukraine on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 2685 viewsThe_Beast1976

Ukraine on 17:17 - Sep 22 by slmrstid

We're all getting incinerated in a mushroom cloud? Best make the most of the next few weeks I guess. They may be our last.
Ukraine on 10:59 - Sep 24 with 2527 viewsSonofpugwash

Why would Russia risk everything they've strived for(financially) with a somewhat petulant nuclear war?
They're setting up a bullion trading hub next year in Moscow,hoovering up gold and silver at realistic prices, encouraging other nations to join the BRICS - Argentina and Iran set to be the next.
German companies are "flipping" east and adopting the Rouble,Russia is selling their gas,oil and coal to India....
It don't make sense.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 11:05]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ukraine on 11:41 - Sep 24 with 2498 viewscollegeranger

Ukraine on 23:42 - Sep 21 by NewBee

"Sending out reservists to the frontline as the weather turns could be Putin's downfall as the trains carrying the bodybags back begin to pile up."

Agree with the general idea (Putin's downfall), but not with the timing.

Conscription isn't like ordering something from Amazon, to arrive next day.

They need to select the 300k unlucky sods and get them to turn up somewhere. They've then got to swear them in, give them a medical, a haircut and uniform, and find a barracks for them to live in. Then it's basic training and integration into their units, while sorting out the overall logistics - food, weaponry, transport, field accommodation and the rest - to support them in the field, for thousands at a time.

And all this to be done while their best people are already in Ukraine trying to hold the line.

Meaning you won't see any of them in a trench firing a rifle before the New Year - more likely the Spring.

Which in itself is good news for the Ukrainians (obv), except it's not really possible for them to maintain a major offensive in the winter out there and besides, their troops need R&R too.

Reports today of fast track for conscripts to the front "within 3 weeks" - desperation times for Putin and his cronies if true. 24 mile queues at one crossing into Georgia and Georgian government being "persuaded" not to let any more Russian males into their country.
Ukraine on 12:12 - Sep 24 with 2431 viewsJuzzie

Armed Russian soldiers knocking on peoples door and asking them for their referendum vote. Not given in a sealed envelope or anything but asked to verbally say yes or no to whether they want Russian rule and it's marked on a piece of paper.

If that's not intimidation and rife for abuse or recrimination then I don't know what is.
Ukraine on 19:56 - Sep 24 with 2265 viewsJuzzie

I’ve been told that reports of mass exodus across borders is fake & old photos and soldiers aren’t doing door-to-door vote gathering.

Well, someone is lying either way.
Ukraine on 07:06 - Sep 25 with 2121 viewssilverbirch

Ukraine on 19:56 - Sep 24 by Juzzie

I’ve been told that reports of mass exodus across borders is fake & old photos and soldiers aren’t doing door-to-door vote gathering.

Who told you?
Ukraine on 08:24 - Sep 25 with 2071 viewstraininvain

Ukraine on 19:56 - Sep 24 by Juzzie

Source please?

Meanwhile in the real world Russia’s foreign minister Lavrov has given a speech at the UN general assembly saying that “All of the laws, doctrines, concepts and strategies of the Russian Federation apply to all of its territory,” Reuters reported him as saying while also referring specifically to Russia’s doctrine on the use of nuclear weapons.

It’s really not difficult to join the dots and see what’s going on here. Russia wouldn’t need to threaten the use of nuclear weapons if they felt justified in their claims for the annexed regions.
Ukraine on 19:22 - Sep 25 with 1920 viewsJuzzie

Ukraine on 07:06 - Sep 25 by silverbirch

Who told you?

By someone who watches “Russia1” 24/7 where anything said by the western press is made up and everything they say is 100% truth.
Ukraine on 00:50 - Sep 26 with 1815 viewsNewBee

Ukraine on 11:41 - Sep 24 by collegeranger

Reports today of fast track for conscripts to the front "within 3 weeks" - desperation times for Putin and his cronies if true. 24 mile queues at one crossing into Georgia and Georgian government being "persuaded" not to let any more Russian males into their country.

Three weeks?

If so, that says two things: 1. The troops already out there must be really fcuked (need reinforcing/replacing), and 2. the new conscripts are liable to be so raw/useless that they won't know what's about to hit them. Literally.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024