Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spare by Harry 20:49 - Oct 27 with 13744 viewsbritferry

Book out Jan 10th, priced at a bargain £28

I think I'll just wait and see it on The Crown

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Spare by Harry on 20:11 - Jan 6 with 1101 viewsSullutaCreturned

Spare by Harry on 16:04 - Jan 6 by Sirjohnalot

Can understand why they're speaking out as the press will keep publishing stories, but if it correct that he has boasted about his body count, that is staggeringly bad (if that's correct)

So bad even former comrades have spoken out against him.

Something else, not sure if it's been mentioned but my wife was reading about this book and she reckons they're saying there's no mention of racism in it. That would seem strange to me given how much was made of the racism angle in the beginning.

Considering how much Harry moaned about parts of his private life being broadcast, he isnt half keen on broadcasting very much more, loads more in fact, for some strange reason......which may rhyme with bollar dills OR sound pines.
Spare by Harry on 22:59 - Jan 6 with 1040 viewsBoundy

Spare by Harry on 16:04 - Jan 6 by Sirjohnalot

Can understand why they're speaking out as the press will keep publishing stories, but if it correct that he has boasted about his body count, that is staggeringly bad (if that's correct)

Its just not the done thing to do , a reminder of anthoher war but this time a true example of how the enemy should be treated if you haven't before , its worth a read now

https://www.royal-irish.com/stories/lieutenant-colonel-tim-collins-eve-of-battle

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Spare by Harry on 23:09 - Jan 6 with 1037 viewsSTID2017

Spare by Harry on 22:59 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Its just not the done thing to do , a reminder of anthoher war but this time a true example of how the enemy should be treated if you haven't before , its worth a read now

https://www.royal-irish.com/stories/lieutenant-colonel-tim-collins-eve-of-battle

I know quite a few who have served in the Armed Forces, including my late father who was an Infantryman during the Second World War.
He told us where he served and a few general stories, but nothing about any engagements with the enemy.
Not sure many want to talk about it ?
Certainly not boast about it ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Spare by Harry on 23:30 - Jan 6 with 1032 viewsBoundy

Spare by Harry on 23:09 - Jan 6 by STID2017

I know quite a few who have served in the Armed Forces, including my late father who was an Infantryman during the Second World War.
He told us where he served and a few general stories, but nothing about any engagements with the enemy.
Not sure many want to talk about it ?
Certainly not boast about it ?

Not quite the same , period nor intensity I also served in the Army with a number of tours of NI and to be honest no one I knew then or now ever talked to civvies because unless you went through the same experinces how could anyone else understand and yes the then enemy would quite happily have killed anyone of us but there was a grudging respect for their abilities , my best mate then and still now was on the same tour as I when he shot 2 gunmen ,and is haunted by that fact today .
I don't doubt Harry did kill those insurgents but in some way I can understand his thoughts of how he felt about them, his situation flying a helicopter is totally detached and in some ways like playing a game of call of duty ,I'm guessing he wasnt up close and personal so looked at things differently and that comes across in what he said , imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Spare by Harry on 23:35 - Jan 6 with 1018 viewsSirjohnalot

I just see a very messed up man who’s never recovered from the death of his mum. Both he and his brother were forced to live out the worst time our their lives in front of the world with speculation that your granddad has a hand in it, including walking behind her coffin. Can you imagine doing that as an adult let alone as a kid ?
Spare by Harry on 23:51 - Jan 6 with 1012 viewsSTID2017

Spare by Harry on 23:30 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Not quite the same , period nor intensity I also served in the Army with a number of tours of NI and to be honest no one I knew then or now ever talked to civvies because unless you went through the same experinces how could anyone else understand and yes the then enemy would quite happily have killed anyone of us but there was a grudging respect for their abilities , my best mate then and still now was on the same tour as I when he shot 2 gunmen ,and is haunted by that fact today .
I don't doubt Harry did kill those insurgents but in some way I can understand his thoughts of how he felt about them, his situation flying a helicopter is totally detached and in some ways like playing a game of call of duty ,I'm guessing he wasnt up close and personal so looked at things differently and that comes across in what he said , imo

Totally understand and respect your description of how it was or is.
I have an uncle ( in law ) who also served in NI.
He often tells us funny barrack room stories or about learning to drive etc..
However not once has he mentioned anything regarding any action he saw ( he may have told his wife - not sure ? )
As you explained he may well talk to fellow servicemen or ex servicemen about his experiences as they would understand the realities of what he went through.
Also yes your description of Harry being detached in some way makes sense too.
None of this is anything I would like to have gone through.
I am glad to have been blessed in (relative) peacetime, not in an era when I may have be called to arms at my country's time of need

Spare by Harry on 16:23 - Jan 7 with 926 viewsshingle

Wonder what the odds are of divorce are in say the next 3 to 5 years, i can not see it being to long until the novelty wares off and she gets bored of him, and she will no doubt plan the best way to go about it as well seeing what a schemer she is and what a knob he is.
Spare by Harry on 17:16 - Jan 7 with 919 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Spare by Harry on 23:35 - Jan 6 by Sirjohnalot

I just see a very messed up man who’s never recovered from the death of his mum. Both he and his brother were forced to live out the worst time our their lives in front of the world with speculation that your granddad has a hand in it, including walking behind her coffin. Can you imagine doing that as an adult let alone as a kid ?

No speculation at all . She was killed because she chose not to wear a seat belt and got into a car driven by a drunk.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Spare by Harry on 17:58 - Jan 7 with 907 viewsSTID2017

Spare by Harry on 17:16 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

No speculation at all . She was killed because she chose not to wear a seat belt and got into a car driven by a drunk.

Be that as it may ( and I am not convinced it is that clear cut ), for anyone to go through that trauma as a young child is just awful

Spare by Harry on 18:03 - Jan 7 with 894 viewsCountyJim

Spare by Harry on 17:16 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

Not often we agree 👍

Her bodyguard told her to belt up but she wouldn't listen
Spare by Harry on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 895 viewsSTID2017

Spare by Harry on 18:03 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

Not often we agree 👍

Her bodyguard told her to belt up but she wouldn't listen

None of which is William or Harry's fault though Jim ?

Spare by Harry on 18:11 - Jan 7 with 888 viewsCountyJim

Spare by Harry on 18:05 - Jan 7 by STID2017

None of which is William or Harry's fault though Jim ?

No it isn't but the conspiracy that surrounds it doesn't help
Spare by Harry on 18:21 - Jan 7 with 885 viewsSTID2017

Spare by Harry on 18:11 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

Agree I think it needs to be laid to rest.
Very tragic accident

Spare by Harry on 18:32 - Jan 7 with 878 viewsSirjohnalot

Spare by Harry on 18:21 - Jan 7 by STID2017

Very tragic accident

The endless speculation, the endless documentaries, whatever the truth is, we will never know, my point is both William and Harry grew up in one of the strangest families in the world. Harry has had years of not being able to put forward his side of things and had the press intrusion all his life. It may be said that he’s simply putting his side of what has happened over the years.

The press put forward the royal family’s side through press leaks, this is only way to equal things.
Spare by Harry on 18:56 - Jan 7 with 867 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Spare by Harry on 18:11 - Jan 7 by CountyJim

Always fun to laugh at the conspiracy nut jobs.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Spare by Harry on 19:08 - Jan 7 with 861 viewsSullutaCreturned

Spare by Harry on 23:30 - Jan 6 by Boundy

I understand what you're saying, Boundy. My grandad was a Royal marine commando in WW2 and he never talked about what he did. I have a mate who did 3 tours of NI with the Paras and he told me bits of it but never went into how many he killed, it's not done is it.

From a different point of view, how can a helicopter pilot using hellfire rockets and massive machine guns (from further away than the infantry) realy have a clue about how many he has killed?
Spare by Harry on 19:28 - Jan 7 with 854 viewsWingstandwood

Spare by Harry on 18:56 - Jan 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Always fun to laugh at the conspiracy nut jobs.

Occam's razor works absolute wonders!

Argus!

Spare by Harry on 22:00 - Jan 7 with 784 viewsKilkennyjack

Spare by Harry on 18:21 - Jan 7 by STID2017

Very tragic accident

Too many loose ends…..

The Royals hated the famous interview.
The Royals hated the fact that Diana had an Arab boyfriend.
Charles wanted to marry Camilla.
The drunk driver was a bloke who never drank.
Diana alive in the tunnel, but not alive when gets to hospital.
Where was her security ?
Diane was still loved by the public.
Diana predicted her own death in some detail. Including a vehicle accident. See below.

‘In October 2003, four years after the French case was closed, The Daily Mirror published a photograph of the note…..

It read: “I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high.

“This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous – ‘X’ is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry.

"I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now, but I feel no resentment ... I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies.

“Thank you Charles for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me."

It just way too convenient for it to be an unlikely accident.
Shirley ?

Beware of the Risen People

Spare by Harry on 22:08 - Jan 7 with 764 viewsWhiterockin

How would the future look if Harry was the first born. Personally I think we dodged the bullet.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Spare by Harry on 22:09 - Jan 7 with 759 viewsraynor94

Spare by Harry on 22:00 - Jan 7 by Kilkennyjack

Too many loose ends…..

The Royals hated the famous interview.
The Royals hated the fact that Diana had an Arab boyfriend.
Charles wanted to marry Camilla.
Diana alive in the tunnel, but not alive when gets to hospital.
Where was her security ?
Diane was still loved by the public.
Diana predicted her own death in some detail. Including a vehicle accident. See below.

‘In October 2003, four years after the French case was closed, The Daily Mirror published a photograph of the note…..

It read: “I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high.

“This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous – ‘X’ is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry.

"I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now, but I feel no resentment ... I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies.

“Thank you Charles for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me."

It just way too convenient for it to be an unlikely accident.
Shirley ?

Hans Christian Anderson........

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Spare by Harry on 22:32 - Jan 7 with 731 viewsRobbie

Spare by Harry on 19:08 - Jan 7 by SullutaCreturned

I understand what you're saying, Boundy. My grandad was a Royal marine commando in WW2 and he never talked about what he did. I have a mate who did 3 tours of NI with the Paras and he told me bits of it but never went into how many he killed, it's not done is it.

From a different point of view, how can a helicopter pilot using hellfire rockets and massive machine guns (from further away than the infantry) realy have a clue about how many he has killed?

My Great Uncle who passed away some years ago in his mid nineties was part of the Dunkirk Evacuation .

To the end he never spoke , and out of family respect , never asked about his experience .
Spare by Harry on 22:32 - Jan 7 with 730 viewsbritferry

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Spare by Harry on 01:59 - Jan 8 with 687 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Spare by Harry on 22:32 - Jan 7 by britferry

Several reports that he was being treated for alcohol addiction.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/08/diana.monarchy

Spare by Harry on 02:37 - Jan 8 with 679 viewsDr_Parnassus

Spare by Harry on 01:59 - Jan 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Several reports that he was being treated for alcohol addiction.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/08/diana.monarchy

My Granddad was being treated for a calf strain around the time he died. Would be silly to say he died because of it though.

There would have been a toxicology report on the driver, if his blood alcohol level was high then fair enough, if not then don’t see the issue.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Spare by Harry on 05:36 - Jan 8 with 669 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Spare by Harry on 02:37 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

My Granddad was being treated for a calf strain around the time he died. Would be silly to say he died because of it though.

There would have been a toxicology report on the driver, if his blood alcohol level was high then fair enough, if not then don’t see the issue.

It was a response to Kilkenny’s ludicrous suggestion that he never drank.

And there was a toxicology report and a post mortem that said he was three times over the limit and had traces of drugs in his system that could have impaired his driving.

This conspiracy that she was deliberately killed by Prince Phillip is probably the stupidest conspiracy anyone has ever come up with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024