Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103797 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 21:27 - Oct 30 with 2878 viewsjoolsyp

Marti Cifuentes on 21:12 - Oct 30 by Quite_Possibly_Ropey

I have to say that I was firmly in the Warnock camp as I just plain didn't see any way we would make a left-field appointment that would have required some semblance of football knowledge/scouting/data to be used.
Happy to bow to Lee Hoos and his 'succession planning' though.

I can't help but find myself enthused and excited by this appointment, even though it is a manager that I had never heard of, never seen one of his teams play, etc.

Imagine if, just this once, everything worked out for us on this. Imagine if the appointment of Marti Cifuentes turns out to be a masterstroke and we are the club that others look at with envy. I would just love for something to go right at this club, with no managers courting other jobs, boardroom sieges, Bosingwa signings. Just this once.

Agreed, for our long-suffering fans who turn up week in, week out, home and away it would be lovely if this appointment turns out to be a really good one.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:34 - Oct 30 with 2743 viewsBoston

I have to say that I was firmly in the Warnock camp as I just plain didn't see any way we would make a left-field appointment that would have required some semblance of football knowledge/scouting/data to be used.

I can't help but find myself enthused and excited by this appointment, even though it is a manager that I had never heard of, never seen one of his teams play, etc.

Imagine if, just this once, everything worked out for us on this. Imagine if the appointment of Marti Cifuentes turns out to be a masterstroke and we are the club that others look at with envy. I would just love for something to go right at this club, with no managers courting other jobs, boardroom sieges, Bosingwa signings. Just this once.

It's easy if you try...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Marti Cifuentes on 21:35 - Oct 30 with 2701 viewsdaveB

Marti Cifuentes on 21:07 - Oct 30 by BklynRanger

And Begovic's throwing doesn't seem too bad - maybe Marti can ban him from kicking?

or just have him kick it short rather than lumping it forward
Marti Cifuentes on 21:39 - Oct 30 with 2590 viewsDejR_vu

As exciting as this is, I still think Warnock would have been the sensible option until the end of the season. Not saying Cifuentes doesn’t look great, or exactly the sort of appointment we’d be jealous of other cubs making, but this is QPR, these owners get everything wrong. Fingers crossed he doesn’t turn out to be the right guy at the wrong time. Big gamble, great if it comes off, hope for once something goes for us.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:41 - Oct 30 with 2552 viewsQuirrel

Marti Cifuentes on 20:52 - Oct 30 by rbee

All will be ok.

This is an exciting appointment, no QPR baggage and a clean slate.

I wonder if he will bring some coaches with him.

His assistant Xavi Calm will follow him.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:42 - Oct 30 with 2523 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Marti Cifuentes on 21:19 - Oct 30 by Superhoops2808

No, you was in the Beale camp... Firmly!!

Haha, I simply posed a question and wanted to discuss a story that was doing the rounds. So glad it isn't that cretin worming his way back in.

Marti for life!
Marti Cifuentes on 21:43 - Oct 30 with 2489 viewsMick_S

So, Sharon said to me...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:46 - Oct 30 with 2417 viewshubble

He's obviously a competent manager. He's clearly light years ahead of Frank Gallagher in terms of intelligence, tactics and... dress sense. It's not going to be easy, but then it wasn't going to be easy for anyone.

So welcome Marti, to the coolest club in the coolest city in the world. We've got a shabby little stadium and a bunch of second-rate pricks for players, but WHAT an opportunity to make a real name for yourself! I wish you all the very best and I am excited!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 21:46 - Oct 30 with 2399 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marti Cifuentes on 21:41 - Oct 30 by Quirrel

His name is atcually Xavi Calm?

Superb.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti Cifuentes on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 2373 viewsflynnbo

Great name and exactly what’s needed!
Marti Cifuentes on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 2366 viewsdmm

What a brilliant name for an assistant manager
Marti Cifuentes on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 2368 viewsMick_S

Marti Cifuentes on 21:46 - Oct 30 by hubble

He's obviously a competent manager. He's clearly light years ahead of Frank Gallagher in terms of intelligence, tactics and... dress sense. It's not going to be easy, but then it wasn't going to be easy for anyone.

So welcome Marti, to the coolest club in the coolest city in the world. We've got a shabby little stadium and a bunch of second-rate pricks for players, but WHAT an opportunity to make a real name for yourself! I wish you all the very best and I am excited!

A beautiful shabby stadium. Cool as f uck.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 2356 viewsaston_hoop

Andres Apoplectic with Rage coming in as Coach too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:49 - Oct 30 with 2341 viewsCateLeBonR

Welcome Cif.

Think we might have to clean up our act, for the new head coach 👍
Marti Cifuentes on 21:49 - Oct 30 with 2334 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marti Cifuentes on 21:39 - Oct 30 by DejR_vu

As exciting as this is, I still think Warnock would have been the sensible option until the end of the season. Not saying Cifuentes doesn’t look great, or exactly the sort of appointment we’d be jealous of other cubs making, but this is QPR, these owners get everything wrong. Fingers crossed he doesn’t turn out to be the right guy at the wrong time. Big gamble, great if it comes off, hope for once something goes for us.

I was hoping for Warnock to see out the season as well.

Nothing against Cifuendes, and I am slightly excited by the potential in this, but Warnock is the ultimate Championship expert, and we need stability now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti Cifuentes on 21:51 - Oct 30 with 2282 viewsAitch

As Cifuentes is a coach more along the lines of Warbs & Beale, I can't help but wonder whos decision it was to appoint Ainsworth?

As with every manager, I want him to succeed. I just hope he's given the time to make a difference. Changing coaches every year is never going to bring success, let alone stability.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Marti Cifuentes on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 2198 viewsRangersw12

Marti Cifuentes on 21:51 - Oct 30 by Aitch

As Cifuentes is a coach more along the lines of Warbs & Beale, I can't help but wonder whos decision it was to appoint Ainsworth?

As with every manager, I want him to succeed. I just hope he's given the time to make a difference. Changing coaches every year is never going to bring success, let alone stability.

Amit appointed Ainsworth
Marti Cifuentes on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 2190 viewsdmm

Xavi Calm was assistant manager to Jordi Roger at Brum for the 2019/20 season so he'll have some very useful knowledge of the Championship.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:55 - Oct 30 with 2187 viewseastside_r

I think that I’ve already got a subscription to him.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:55 - Oct 30 with 2184 viewskensalriser

This might be our blind squirrel moment.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:57 - Oct 30 with 2112 viewsridethewave

I would have been thrilled with this appointment a year ago. This feels like the right appointment at the wrong time.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:57 - Oct 30 with 2098 viewsVancouverHoop

Retrospectively it was probably a mid-season desperation appointment. Ainsworth had made it clear he wanted the job so why not? Then he kept us up by the skin of our teeth and was rewarded for doing so.
Marti Cifuentes on 22:02 - Oct 30 with 2004 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti Cifuentes on 22:02 - Oct 30 with 1989 viewshamptonhillhoop

Marti Cifuentes on 21:46 - Oct 30 by BrianMcCarthy

His name is atcually Xavi Calm?

Superb.

I had to Google him as well just to check that was true
Marti Cifuentes on 22:03 - Oct 30 with 1986 viewsLongsufferingR

Marti Cifuentes on 21:54 - Oct 30 by dmm

Xavi Calm was assistant manager to Jordi Roger at Brum for the 2019/20 season so he'll have some very useful knowledge of the Championship.

I thought Jordi Roger was the bloke who sells the programmes at St James's Park?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024