Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game 18:49 - Feb 15 with 31913 viewsRangersw12

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 05:41 - Feb 16 with 2631 viewsJamesB1979

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 23:44 - Feb 15 by qprd

The club is constantly getting feedback from fans- the fans forum is just a public version but it’s not like they’re going to say anything insightful or ask any questions that haven’t already been answered a thousand times before (eg, who signs players, what is ffp situation, etc)

At the end of the day, we are fans and effectively patrons of the qpr business. We can provide feedback on aspects of the experience that we like or dislike

However why does some guy, who can barely put together a legible sentence, or nearly any other fan think that they somehow know how to run a football business? There’s a reason Lee hoos is sitting where he is and most of our are typing away on our computers…so why do they think that wasting his time with their drivel is going to do anything for anyone?

At the end of the day, it’s all kind of moot bc the issue we have js that the owners are clueless. No amount of complaining to Lee hoos is really going to change that

Don’t understand the animosity towards the owners. Before we complained because Uncle was on Twitter too much, spent too much of his money unwisely, had a CEO who didn’t know about football, both made decisions because they didn’t know much about football and did it all and breached FFP. Now the owners sit there quietly, provided funding when needed and we’ve spent money but only enough to ensure we keep in FFP and they have kept out of the football decisions which is what we wanted.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 06:29 - Feb 16 with 2577 viewsSydneyRs

I'm not sure that hounding out owners who are the only reason the club keeps afloat is the best strategy.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 06:50 - Feb 16 with 2548 viewsBrianMcCarthy

100% behind the LSA in asking for a meeting.
And if I wasn't, it wouldn't be because of their poor spelling.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 07:17 - Feb 16 with 2500 viewsHayesender

Well judging by some of the comments, we still have a lot of fans willing to be turned over and have their bellies tickled by the board.

Probably the same fans who clapped that shower off the other night.

Well done the LSA for ar least trying to do something

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 07:58 - Feb 16 with 2369 viewsknocker

Our club has become a laughing stock. Top of the diversity and inclusion table but bottom for football which is what it's all about. Fair play to LSA for trying to do something.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:02 - Feb 16 with 2359 viewsstevec

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 01:27 - Feb 16 by TopCat34

8 years in this division and what have we had to show for it? No progress, no plan, not even really a decent enough cup run in that time. Overtaken by all of our f in local rivals and lots of much smaller clubs. This division is soft this year and we're going to end up scrapping it out trying to get enough points from Rotherham and Blackpool. Im so depressed by this club right now, I actually dread when we play so I have to turn up and watch another 4k away crowd have the day of their lives. I don't know what the solution is with our financial restrictions but its not my job to and there are people getting paid a serious wedge who so far have come up with f all.

It's right that the board are made aware that there are now serious concerns about the direction of this club.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 1:30]

Absolutely.

Les and Hoos use FFP like a crutch and for too long they’ve been allowed to get away with it, no doubt complicit with the Board.

Everybody is under the same constraints. We know relegated clubs have a temporary advantage, one that some clubs take advantage of and some, like us, didn’t. It’s not like that’s been relevant in the last eight seasons as we are generally in the bottom half of the division whilst the likes of Brentford, Fulham, Luton, Millwall, Blackburn don’t seem quite so negative about their opportunities.

The lazy running of the club by the Board, the shenanigans just below that level, ludicrous contracts handed out, running of the academy, all of the things that have consistently led to consistent underperformance and yet allowed to continue unhindered, this is the stuff that needs to be asked right now.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:16 - Feb 16 with 2311 viewsdistortR

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 06:50 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

100% behind the LSA in asking for a meeting.
And if I wasn't, it wouldn't be because of their poor spelling.

If you want to talk to businessmen etc on anything like a level footing, if you want them to take you seriously, I think it's important to present yourself well initially.
I would like our DoF and Hoos to admit their mistakes, and the lessons learned. Not in terms of public castigation, but in how we go forward.
I think the people who own our club are doing what they can, but they destroyed it in their initial phase and rebuilding to what we were, within the confines of FFP and geography....
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:17 - Feb 16 with 2309 viewsTK1

8 years in this division and what have we had to show for it? No progress, no plan, not even really a decent enough cup run in that time. Overtaken by all of our f in local rivals and lots of much smaller clubs. This division is soft this year and we're going to end up scrapping it out trying to get enough points from Rotherham and Blackpool. Im so depressed by this club right now, I actually dread when we play so I have to turn up and watch another 4k away crowd have the day of their lives. I don't know what the solution is with our financial restrictions but its not my job to and there are people getting paid a serious wedge who so far have come up with f all.

It's right that the board are made aware that there are now serious concerns about the direction of this club.

You make eight years in this division sound like a bad thing. It's a massive achievement, given the circumstances. In years to come we will look back on these eight years (OK, maybe not all of this year) with great affection. Those eight years, particularly those under Warburton, will be the good old days. Everyone is very sniffy on this board about mid-table Championship finishes, while for many years that sounded like luxury. It still is.
World record FFP fine. Losing a million quid every month.
Derby, Sheff Weds, Ipswich all in the league below, all substantially better supported clubs, Sunderland likewise spent years down there. The level found them all, because of finances.
Forget the teams going past us upwards. They are in different parts of the cycle.
We are on a par with all those clubs in the league below us. I really don't know how it can be so far beyond the understanding of fans.
There were ten teenagers and a topless 30-something bloke with a pony-tail who looked they like a could afford a packet of Marlboro Lights between them singing "sack the board" at the back of R Block on Tuesday.
OK. Then what?
World record FFP fine. Losing a million a month. Be very clear about what you want to achieve with any protest, it's the first rule of protesting. If it's just 'winning games', have a little think about that.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:22 - Feb 16 with 2289 viewsHammersmithR

Serious questions need to be asked and fair play to the LSA for forcing the hand off the board. We all know how reliant we are on the board to fund us every month. But where’s the accountability for Les and Hoos? We are a club stagnating and going through the motions. Player recruitment is horrendous. Players being signed with poor injury records. Players constantly getting injured in training. Lack of effort by the players in games. Loan players not giving a to55. The lack of connection between the players and the fans. We never do an end of season awards do anymore. I have no idea what the plan is of the club. We have had 8 seasons back in the Championship and we coast every season. We never threaten. I could go on. We need to hear from the likes of Amit and Reuben what they want for the club. What are other clubs doing with what we can do? Enough is enough.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:25 - Feb 16 with 2281 viewswombat

the only people can ansa this is the owners hoos works for the club he cant change things in anyway he just does what the owners tell him

i would hope they have seen enough this and last season to see that we need to start again off the field , change a few people ramsey lee etc new training ground will attract the right sort of people ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:30 - Feb 16 with 2264 viewsjoe90

Complete waste of time.

Much like the resent podcast with Lee Hoo's and the interview with Les, nothing new will be revealed. It will also have no impact on our current form or future prospects.

The only thing that will is a complete change in structure to the club or a change to EFL's governance rules.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:39 - Feb 16 with 2223 viewsconnell10

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 05:41 - Feb 16 by JamesB1979

Don’t understand the animosity towards the owners. Before we complained because Uncle was on Twitter too much, spent too much of his money unwisely, had a CEO who didn’t know about football, both made decisions because they didn’t know much about football and did it all and breached FFP. Now the owners sit there quietly, provided funding when needed and we’ve spent money but only enough to ensure we keep in FFP and they have kept out of the football decisions which is what we wanted.

From some of the replies on here you can see a element of our fanbase looks down on others! Talking about grammar and frigging the way the letter is set out as our club slides into oblivion....you would have been perfect playing your violins as the Titanic sank! If there is a demo yes ill join in otherwise i feel im just sitting on my hands! Sorry about the lack of good grammar but like some of our fanbase i couldnt be arsed! ( BIG SHOULDER SHRUG!)

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:40 - Feb 16 with 2211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:16 - Feb 16 by distortR

If you want to talk to businessmen etc on anything like a level footing, if you want them to take you seriously, I think it's important to present yourself well initially.
I would like our DoF and Hoos to admit their mistakes, and the lessons learned. Not in terms of public castigation, but in how we go forward.
I think the people who own our club are doing what they can, but they destroyed it in their initial phase and rebuilding to what we were, within the confines of FFP and geography....

I agree with all of that, my man.

But a meeting is required at this stage.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:41 - Feb 16 with 2208 viewsJamesB1979

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:39 - Feb 16 by connell10

From some of the replies on here you can see a element of our fanbase looks down on others! Talking about grammar and frigging the way the letter is set out as our club slides into oblivion....you would have been perfect playing your violins as the Titanic sank! If there is a demo yes ill join in otherwise i feel im just sitting on my hands! Sorry about the lack of good grammar but like some of our fanbase i couldnt be arsed! ( BIG SHOULDER SHRUG!)

I don’t think the issue is the owners at all. I blame decisions made those in charge of the football side.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:45 - Feb 16 with 2188 viewsDixie_CT

Fair play to the LSA for doing something.

Aside from the meeting, I'm not sure of what the ask is. What do they want to happen from this?

The purpose needs to have more consideration because if they succeed in getting a meeting then the club will say they have satisfied the demand and no further action is needed.

Unless Lee and Les are going to put on their boots/cleats, then I would separate the on-field performance issues from the more pressing ones of; strategy, accountability and finances, which focuses on ownership, player recruitment, the stadium, and the academy.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 8:55]
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:45 - Feb 16 with 2187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Folks,

On a general note, let's not start abusing each other here. Even among my closest friends we view Rangers issues differently, but we're still best friends. Same on here - of course we all look at issues with a different slant. Doesn't make any of lesser fans.

Edit - spell check!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 9:01]

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:46 - Feb 16 with 2185 viewsconnell10

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:41 - Feb 16 by JamesB1979

I don’t think the issue is the owners at all. I blame decisions made those in charge of the football side.

It wasnt really a dig at you mate , i just happened to be on your post! Just some people slagging off the letters grammar etc really pished me off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:50 - Feb 16 with 2172 viewsslmrstid

I don't think anything in that LSA request is unreasonable - they also say on their own Twitter page for anyone who's bothered to read it that those images are the draft notes, not the final letter sent in to the club.

QPR is currently a rudderless ship, floating aimlessly around waiting the inevitable smashing on rocks.

Whilst none of us are funding the club to £1.5 million per month or whatever it is, I'd also be willing to bet we commit a far greater percentage of our individual wealth to the clubs coffers than the owners are, so wanting to know what the plan is and how the hell the club is going to progress itself isn't that unreasonable.

Forget Les and Lee - the owners themselves have been silent for a long time. We still know nothing about this American chap or what his long term intentions are.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:57 - Feb 16 with 2132 viewsstevec

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:41 - Feb 16 by JamesB1979

Agree but the owners don’t seem too fussed about the poor job the footballing side are doing.

And that seems to be in line with much of their governance. A rotting stadium, nothing ever happens regards a new stadium and I wonder if there’s any real intention of sourcing a new stadium.

The ground that Jim built is still the ground the Jim built, 40 years on.

Whatever failings occur on the football side go on seemingly unchallenged and the defensive nature of the Les and Hoos interviews give the impression they’re in a very comfortable place, in my opinion, far too comfortable.

Ultimately these are questions that only the board can answer.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:00 - Feb 16 with 2115 viewsEsox_Lucius

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 20:33 - Feb 15 by NoDiddley

LSA my arse, so every club that has a desperate run bring out the ‘Loyal’ supporters to make a protest?
I’m loyal but don’t wear a fecking badge or go on coach journeys.
It’s a bit deeper than that.

Can I assume that you are unaware of why the LSA was created?

The grass is always greener.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 09:09 - Feb 16 with 2087 viewsTK1

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:50 - Feb 16 by slmrstid

I don't think anything in that LSA request is unreasonable - they also say on their own Twitter page for anyone who's bothered to read it that those images are the draft notes, not the final letter sent in to the club.

QPR is currently a rudderless ship, floating aimlessly around waiting the inevitable smashing on rocks.

Whilst none of us are funding the club to £1.5 million per month or whatever it is, I'd also be willing to bet we commit a far greater percentage of our individual wealth to the clubs coffers than the owners are, so wanting to know what the plan is and how the hell the club is going to progress itself isn't that unreasonable.

Forget Les and Lee - the owners themselves have been silent for a long time. We still know nothing about this American chap or what his long term intentions are.

Absolutely key point. Les was partly appointed to be a buffer between fans and board, as was Hoos more obviously. They're earning their money in that respect. If they were to go, you'd need someone in both roles because we've seen what happens when there isn't.
But you are right, we have no idea who Richard Reilly is, what his input or desire is. We don't know about the long-term goals of the board now. It's not LH who should be talking to fans again right now, nor LF. They do that already. They have recently. It's Bhatia, Ruben, Reilly that need to step forward to discuss plans.
However, their monthly funding is crucial and entirely reliant on their sense of making things right (and possibly some darker motives that we don't know). We'd fold without it. If they weren't providing it we'd be begging for anybody to buy us to fund that, and who would? We'd be back to 2001 levels of existential angst. Like I say elsewhere, we may soon look back on this era as the good old days.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 10:00 - Feb 16 with 1961 viewsdaveB

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 06:29 - Feb 16 by SydneyRs

I'm not sure that hounding out owners who are the only reason the club keeps afloat is the best strategy.

There is no suggestion from that LSA letter that they want to hound the owners out, they just want to know what is going on and what the club plan to do to turn this around.
This board is full of people asking exactly that so find it bizarre that actually trying to talk to the club about it rather than each other has been ridiculed on here.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 10:13 - Feb 16 with 1882 viewsHammersmithR

All fans have very similar questions. This is an opportunity for the board to answer them. We are all ‘loyal’ and support our club. Let’s hear what the board have to say. The lack of accountability is the most galling in my opinion. What qualifications does Les have to be a DoF for example? I genuinely don’t know. What about those within the academy? So many questions that need to be asked.
Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 10:36 - Feb 16 with 1798 viewsNortholt_Rs

At least the LSA is trying to do something rather than just sitting on their hands. It’s about time these smug fckrs ‘running’ our club had something to worry about.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 11:05 - Feb 16 with 1743 viewsRangers67

Potential LSA Protest Blackburn game on 08:16 - Feb 16 by distortR

I,m with Brian on this one, it doesn,t matter how you present yourself but that you present yourself and others at all. We all get the situation regards the farce that is FFP has placed us in and I think by and large the fanbase has been very patient. But to pick people up om their grammer when they are composing an e mail or letter because they care about our club is really very sad and condescending . Think of the long term damage this is doing to our clubs fanbase, imagine taking a couple of kids to any of the recent games and trying to get them to stick with the R,s when a lot of their friends support so called bigger clubs and they watch the Prem on Sky etc. The board are keeping us afloat and I am sure the vast majority of fans appreciate that but something has gone very wrong at the club mostly on the playing side and playing the fiddle whilst Rome burns isn,t going to get us out of the mess. Hope there aren,t to many grammatical errors for you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024