Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets (defeat) match thread 11:53 - Mar 10 with 44845 viewsLongsufferingR

No sign of any of the injured players except Amos in the training gallery. Can't see past a 0-3 here unfortunately.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:09 - Mar 11 with 3207 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:45 - Mar 11 by Boston

Whoever's in 16th must be quivering now.

The quality of your Gallows humour...is as good as ever Boston 😉😁
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:10 - Mar 11 with 3202 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:24 - Mar 11 by R_from_afar

You were right to believe

A massive win for us, well done my team, great stuff.

As that rookie manager said on that “Big Ron Manager” television programme, “When it’s a battle, you fookin’ battle!”

Thanks for all your comments on here, I could only follow the game on this thread while I was trying to fix my mum’s ailing freezer

We "Bum gobbed" em 😁
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:12 - Mar 11 with 3171 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:52 - Mar 11 by HAYESBOY

Get in.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 17:54]

That is the face of a man who gets us. Love him.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:14 - Mar 11 with 3159 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 18:28 - Mar 11 by joe90

Crazy isn’t it? I didn’t expect to feel so happy after a win!

We are a bit Bi-polar 😉
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:16 - Mar 11 with 3145 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 18:35 - Mar 11 by Antti_Heinola

Everyone played well today, and they fed off each other. Early doors snapping into challenges and then the goal lifted us to the moon.

My special mention is Dickie. I’ve felt so sorry for him for months, he’s looked lost, and whatever he did didn’t work. Today it was the old Dickie. Winning everything in the air, striding forward, excellent anticipation. He literally grew a foot as the game wore on and the hug of relief with Dunny at the end was beautiful.

Spirit of the watching heroes Ale, Mackie and Derry was clearly there today. Glad we could win for Ale’s visit!

So heartening to hear about Dickie. He has the ability... we all know that.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:18 - Mar 11 with 3122 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 18:44 - Mar 11 by Discodroids

I've had a dreadful couple of weeks.. utter misery. Family matters that drag you down into the gutter.. Yet today, this Quirky unfashionable liittle club, the polar opposite from the West Ham Meryvn Day Goalkick from where i was born, provides me with something i can't yet understand. some artefact of a higher love.

For 45 years I've been drawn across the universe to this club... A Love that transcends dimensions of time and space. i can't understand it.

God bless the boys today and the crowd that sung them home.

utter bliss.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 18:48]

Think I have something in my eye 😰😉
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:21 - Mar 11 with 3113 viewsLanhoop

Rob Dickie. Well done that man. I've been giving him shizzle for weeks and last week thought that the 1 he got in the match report was generous.

Today we had the real Dickie back. Apart from the heart attack inducing back pass his reading of the game and timing of interceptions and tackles was back to his best. Brilliant.

Whoever that doppelgänger was that wore his shirt recently can just F right off and then F off further from there. We want this Rob Dickie. And this Ozzie and this Aaron Drewe.

Well done Gaz
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:25 - Mar 11 with 3063 viewsRangersw12

I'm 40 tomorrow 😩 but this is the perfect present

Come on you R'sssss
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:33 - Mar 11 with 3008 viewsNorthantsHoop

Magnificent today, tactics right going long early three up front paid dividends. Well done Gareth and team. Big shout out to Kakay and Drewe.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:34 - Mar 11 with 2998 viewsEsgaroth

I'm sure there are more words to Hi Ho. The chorus sounded so loud but falls flat after we sing it!

Any lyricists in the room?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 22:28]

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:35 - Mar 11 with 2981 viewshubble

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:23 - Mar 11 by paulparker

Don’t get me wrong I loved it, it had a touch of the Holloway and Warnock teams about it
Big shout to the young lad Drewe , reminds me a lot of Bignot

I didn't get you wrong mate, I knew exactly what you meant.

I'm so glad we've got Wild Thing; pragmatism first. Don't for a minute think this is how we'll play when we're safe*, but for right now, it'll do very nicely.

*well, maybe a bit
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 19:53]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:40 - Mar 11 with 2922 viewstraininvain

I know Tim’s taken plenty of pelters on here but I think he deserves some credit for continuing to be available every week and now scoring goals. He’s not perfect but I don’t think he deserves to be lumped in with the other failed Beale signings.

Couldn’t be happier for Ainsworth tonight. Long may this continue.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:54 - Mar 11 with 2776 viewshubble

Oh I love this!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 20:26 - Mar 11 with 2610 viewsqprphil

Yes, Yes, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 22:06 - Mar 11 with 2297 viewsDamo1962

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:40 - Mar 11 by traininvain

I know Tim’s taken plenty of pelters on here but I think he deserves some credit for continuing to be available every week and now scoring goals. He’s not perfect but I don’t think he deserves to be lumped in with the other failed Beale signings.

Couldn’t be happier for Ainsworth tonight. Long may this continue.

He has upped his performance. Quite right that he should be applauded for that...which I do willingly 😎
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 23:17 - Mar 11 with 2138 viewsterryb

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:02 - Mar 10 by terryb

I seem to be alone, but I can't see the Watford players giving a damn about Wilder & think they care less about their performances than our players do!
If they couldn't be arsed to play for Billic, they won't be arsed to play for a manager they know nothing about!

That doesn't mean that Watford won't win, but last night has left me feeling optimistic. A rare event!

Sorry, but I'm blowing my own trumpet! Wilder stated that we wanted it more than them, which was evident for every minute of the game. What a difference it makes when you have 15 players that give you 100% effort & a refusal to lay down.

A big thank you to Gareth for playing a back three (so badly needed) & to the players for embracing this change. I thought we looked reasonably comfortable defending, which of course, is always easier when everyone contributes. What a difference it makes to the two D's when they have The Third man alongside them!

Two fullbacks that have come through our youth system & performing like that. Yes please!

Finally , well done Tim. I've been very scathing about you, but you've not shied away from playing & today you gave your all. Thank you.

Please Rangers, don't let our travelling supporters down on Tuesday!
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 00:11 - Mar 12 with 2004 viewsBluce_Ree

Brilliant first half in terms of commitment. Second half a bit sketchy. A better side would have punished us but Warford were dogshit. Good narky attitude from us though. Good shithousery throughout. Bullied them a bit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 00:20 - Mar 12 with 1973 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 00:11 - Mar 12 by Bluce_Ree

Brilliant first half in terms of commitment. Second half a bit sketchy. A better side would have punished us but Warford were dogshit. Good narky attitude from us though. Good shithousery throughout. Bullied them a bit.

Everybody Happy in de Hotel Bastardos, Si, Carlos?
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 14:38 - Mar 12 with 1614 viewsPinnerPaul

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 20:04 - Mar 10 by Harbour

Hope the mascots have a good day am also really looking forward to seeing Ale Faurlin on the pitch at HT what a player he was and to come back from those injuries incredible. I really hope the team put in a performance even if we lose let’s see some fight and pride.

They did!

In fact Mrs Pinner's friend's 2 grandchildren are the ones holding Chris Martin's hands in Ian Randell's picture gallery!
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 14:39 - Mar 12 with 1609 viewsPinnerPaul

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 12:08 - Mar 11 by QPROslo

I really hope we, the Manager, Coaches, Supprt, and most important the players, are not thinking "forget today"! The longer it takes to get a win the more desperate we are likely to become as we sink closer to that 22nd spot, and with the worse form in the league. Blackpool and Brum aren't going to be easier games than Watford, they'll be fighting for survival.

You were spot on, what do I know?!
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 14:59 - Mar 12 with 1562 viewsPinnerPaul

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 19:54 - Mar 11 by hubble

Oh I love this!

That's so poor.

The BIG difference between professional football, and the rest for me, is that final whistle, its over - battles won/lost, arguments forgotten, USUALLY everyone shakes hands.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 15:02 - Mar 12 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 23:17 - Mar 11 by terryb

Sorry, but I'm blowing my own trumpet! Wilder stated that we wanted it more than them, which was evident for every minute of the game. What a difference it makes when you have 15 players that give you 100% effort & a refusal to lay down.

A big thank you to Gareth for playing a back three (so badly needed) & to the players for embracing this change. I thought we looked reasonably comfortable defending, which of course, is always easier when everyone contributes. What a difference it makes to the two D's when they have The Third man alongside them!

Two fullbacks that have come through our youth system & performing like that. Yes please!

Finally , well done Tim. I've been very scathing about you, but you've not shied away from playing & today you gave your all. Thank you.

Please Rangers, don't let our travelling supporters down on Tuesday!

Agree Terry, especially about the defending.

Not sure if some of the above were just following comms, but Sent only had 2 'saves' to make and they were both ones you and I would have made.

Totally unlike the Sheff Utd game - where we DID battle, but the 2nd half was siege - didn't feel like that yesterday, we certainly weren't 'hanging on' like we we were in that match for example.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 15:03 - Mar 12 with 1536 viewsQPROslo

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 14:39 - Mar 12 by PinnerPaul

You were spot on, what do I know?!

I gather you Ref games at a good level, so you know a hell of a lot more about football than me. Brave man doing that job too.
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 15:07 - Mar 12 with 1517 viewsPinnerPaul

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 15:03 - Mar 12 by QPROslo

I gather you Ref games at a good level, so you know a hell of a lot more about football than me. Brave man doing that job too.

2nd sentence I might substitute brave for stupid and the 1st one is just plain wrong, as proved my our relative posts pre match!

How much less daunting does Blackpool look now than 24 hours ago - YOU were right!
Hornets (defeat) match thread on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 1139 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hornets (defeat) match thread on 17:19 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Amazing. I feel like I’ve passed a kidney stone the size of the Koh-i-Noor.

Of course, one swallow doesn’t make a summer, but can we have a gentlemen’s agreement to just have a night off from the morbid hyperbole, even if it’s just to savour a win we may not see again for a while.

Blackpool a lot more attractive fixture now.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 17:21]

‘Blackpool a lot more attractive fixture now’

Fck off Bazza you stupid prick
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024