Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Ainsworth go from here? 12:16 - Mar 15 with 27746 viewsmart_Goblin

What’s his next move here?
Reading between the lines you can tell he was very angry last night but he knows damn well that he has to walk on egg shells with this precious bunch. He will be all too aware of what they did to NC when he dared to publicly criticise them. He used words like weak last night which to me tells you his real mindset and not just his media voice.
After seeing the lineup last night before kick off I was surprised he didn’t make at least a couple of changes, for example he openly said Dozzell wanted to come off Saturday because he was knackered (huge red flag anyway that several members of our squad can’t play 90 bloody minutes), but in hindsight, if he had made changes and we got pumped 6-1 we’d all be saying he shouldn’t change a winning team .
Same team , same formation …it can’t always be the manager and we are once again realising the impossible job NC had.

Personally I hope he is tearing strips off of this bunch privately. Some of them are nothing but con men . You can’t do what you did Saturday and then serve up that garbage 72 hours later .

Getting this lot up and the same as last Saturday against Birmingham seems almost impossible now .

I hope he was in with LF this morning tearing strips off of him too. Imagine having to work with this lot on a daily basis ?

GA being here also means that we now have to stop shopping in the premier league A & E department. You need to fit to play the way he wants and this lot ain’t no where near it . Not physically or mentally able or just plain injured all the time. Those won’t work under GA .
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:28]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 3692 viewskropotkin41

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:26 - Mar 17 by PunteR

You think QPR will keep a manager for 10 years..?
I agree about stability though.
Apologies if you took exception to my reply.

Sorry for the tone of my reply... twitching QPR misery. No, I don't think we'll keep a manager for 10 years, but maybe we should. I think by now we can all agree with a point Clive makes often enough: the main problem isn't the manager. So, we may as well keep a manager we like, who loves the club etc etc. Personally, I think we should have kept Warnock through ups and downs. Sackings and hirings haven't achieved much... we're broke; we're rubbish, we're likely to get relegated, our ground isn't fit for purpose, and, there's something horribly wrong deep in the guts of the club and we all bloody know it.... and we could have kept Warnock.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:56 - Mar 17 with 3646 viewsPeterHucker

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:40 - Mar 15 by davman

Wasn't Timmy the immobile midfielder playing on the right the one that should have given his wing back cover or was it Dickie the dickhead, playing on the right of the three at the back that should have given him the cover?

Or, is it Lowe, the right sided STRIKER who should be providing cover?

Discuss.

Tim was rank last night back to his passive worst. The centre backs and wing backs were diabolical along with our goalkeeper.

I am not sure I'm gonna recover from being there last night for a while. I can't remember much about the game, I just sat through the first half staring into space and then stood for the second half doing the same.

It was unbelievably awful, soul destroying, depressing. If I could walk away, I would and I should, but whilst QPR exists, I have to be interested. Has it been this bad? 2001 was awful, but Administration meant we could get rid of the crap and start again. No chance doing that with this lot; we're stuck with this crap as we can't afford anything better.

As Clive has said, EVEN after a 6-1 defeat at relegation rivals, it feels like it can still get worse.

Not going to mount a defence for Jamal Lowe because he had a very very poor game on Tuesday.

*But* one incident that happened right in front of me on Tuesday which I think is worth relating.
In the first half there was a Blackpool throw where Lowe called out to Iroekbunam and pointed him towards the player he was supposed to be marking.
Iroekbunam looked back at Lowe and did not move towards the player at all.

Lowe then rolled his eyes at Iroekbunam and ran back to cover that player himself whilst Iroekbunam continued to just stand around marking nobody.

Nobody had a good game on Tuesday, but 2 of our midfielders were particularly anonymous.
I've heard that if you look up "ineffectual" in the dictionary there's a photo of Iroekbunam and Dozzell from that match.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:58 - Mar 17 with 3630 viewsNorthernr

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:56 - Mar 17 by PeterHucker

Not going to mount a defence for Jamal Lowe because he had a very very poor game on Tuesday.

*But* one incident that happened right in front of me on Tuesday which I think is worth relating.
In the first half there was a Blackpool throw where Lowe called out to Iroekbunam and pointed him towards the player he was supposed to be marking.
Iroekbunam looked back at Lowe and did not move towards the player at all.

Lowe then rolled his eyes at Iroekbunam and ran back to cover that player himself whilst Iroekbunam continued to just stand around marking nobody.

Nobody had a good game on Tuesday, but 2 of our midfielders were particularly anonymous.
I've heard that if you look up "ineffectual" in the dictionary there's a photo of Iroekbunam and Dozzell from that match.

Absolutely.

A favourite staple of my conversations with Brian McCarthy - "you don't win many games while losing midfield".

And you aint going to win many midfields with those two in there playing like that. There were shamefully atrocious on Tuesday.

It's the pride thing for me sometimes. You're getting done 6-1 at Blackpool, wouldn't you just belt somebody out of annoyance?
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:08 - Mar 17 with 3530 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:19 - Mar 16 by WA_Hoop

I know we are not blessed with options at this moment in time but was it such a good idea fielding the same 11 players that played with such intensity just 3 days prior?

Deploying 5 relatively fresh pairs of legs after we find ourselves 5-1 down doesn't strike me as particularly clever.

if he made 3/4 changes and we still got beat (which is likely imo given how the team played), we'd have asked why did he change it
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:12 - Mar 17 with 3524 viewsNorthernr

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:08 - Mar 17 by daveB

if he made 3/4 changes and we still got beat (which is likely imo given how the team played), we'd have asked why did he change it

As I said to Les in our interview though, isn't it your job to ignore that?

There is always going to be somebody who hates what you're doing, particularly these days, particularly on the internet. Ignore it. You have to.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:53 - Mar 18 with 3222 viewsGloucs_R

Really needs to have a rethink. Playing sh11t football and winning is one thing but playing it and losing is something else.

The amount of sick notes we have got within the club at the moment is staggering, frightening and someone needs to be held accountable for it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:18 - Mar 18 with 3134 viewsSaint_Christopher

A mass clear out looks more likely every week but the good news is that Wagner Group FC are looking for new players so no problem moving on anyone shooting blanks.

And spare a thought for them too, their injury list makes ours look like mild indigestion.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:46 - Mar 18 with 2985 viewsSonofpugwash

Poor Gareth,it's more evident than ever he was appointed as an undertaker.
It's feeling more and more like when the Thompsons were in charge.The inevitabilty of selling off the assets and then the empty shop.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 20:32 - Mar 18 with 2886 viewsThe_Beast1976

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:58 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Absolutely.

A favourite staple of my conversations with Brian McCarthy - "you don't win many games while losing midfield".

And you aint going to win many midfields with those two in there playing like that. There were shamefully atrocious on Tuesday.

It's the pride thing for me sometimes. You're getting done 6-1 at Blackpool, wouldn't you just belt somebody out of annoyance?

"It's the pride thing for me sometimes. You're getting done 6-1 at Blackpool, wouldn't you just belt somebody out of annoyance?"

Said pretty much the same to my mate today. I played a lot of football to a good standard (semi-pro) when I was younger. If I was playing in a team like this I'd have been sent off for attacking my own team mates. If you can't even be bothered to do the basics right (mark properly, track runners, attack the ball in the air, don't let the ball bounce, stick tackles in, etc), to stick your head and your boot in and stick the oppo into the stands so they're know you're there, then fcuk off and play somewhere else.

It's so disappointing what we're witnessing with this lot. Can't believe not one of our players has yet lost his sh1t with the others during a game. Tells you all you need to know about them all really.

Hopefully we won't see most of them again after this season
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 20:33]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:34 - Mar 20 with 2660 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:12 - Mar 17 by Northernr

As I said to Les in our interview though, isn't it your job to ignore that?

There is always going to be somebody who hates what you're doing, particularly these days, particularly on the internet. Ignore it. You have to.

true but then you see how Amos and Johansen played at the weekend and really can see why he wasn't keen to thrown them in from the start at Blackpool and tried to give those who did well against Watford another go

I did think he dropped an absolute bollock playing Lowe as a number 10 in these last 2 games when we clearly needed someone else in midfield
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:35 - Mar 20 with 2650 viewsNorthernr

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:34 - Mar 20 by daveB

true but then you see how Amos and Johansen played at the weekend and really can see why he wasn't keen to thrown them in from the start at Blackpool and tried to give those who did well against Watford another go

I did think he dropped an absolute bollock playing Lowe as a number 10 in these last 2 games when we clearly needed someone else in midfield

And Lowe hasn't helped him in that by heading off to Mykonos 6 weeks early. He was pathetic on Saturday.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 2541 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:35 - Mar 20 by Northernr

And Lowe hasn't helped him in that by heading off to Mykonos 6 weeks early. He was pathetic on Saturday.

he's been here 2 months now and still not sure if he's a winger, a number 10 or a forward. As you say it didn't help that he was clearly on the beach weekend
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:06 - Mar 20 with 2528 viewsNorthernr

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:02 - Mar 20 by daveB

he's been here 2 months now and still not sure if he's a winger, a number 10 or a forward. As you say it didn't help that he was clearly on the beach weekend

He's another one, compare his impact early, with how he's playing now. He can do it, he's choosing not to.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:57 - Mar 20 with 2379 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:06 - Mar 20 by Northernr

He's another one, compare his impact early, with how he's playing now. He can do it, he's choosing not to.

I do think although they are not playing well the loan players are the scapegoats at the moment. Lowe plays one one week deep number 10 the next then up front or moved out wide sometimes all in the same game, he's one of those in the odd situation that we want him to create the chances and out of all the forwards we have he's also the one you want on the end of them. he just looks completely lost.

Tim another one, playing advanced central midfield one week, scores then back to a holding midfield player then basically our only midfield player on Saturday at times, it's little wonder these players look so crap and disinterested.

When you look at our own players, Amos was dreadful in both appearances last week, would rather just rugby tackle than chase back and test that hamstring. Dozzell goes from hard working and great pressing to did he even play tonight within a few days. Adomoah looks like he's never played football before and can't get any sort of quality on his crosses anymore. The 2 centre halves have arses bursting out of their shorts and are comically bad at times.

For all the talk of the cavalry are coming, we've now had Amos, Dykes and Johansen return from the dead and we've got worse
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:16 - Mar 20 with 2329 viewsMonkey_Roots

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:57 - Mar 20 by daveB

I do think although they are not playing well the loan players are the scapegoats at the moment. Lowe plays one one week deep number 10 the next then up front or moved out wide sometimes all in the same game, he's one of those in the odd situation that we want him to create the chances and out of all the forwards we have he's also the one you want on the end of them. he just looks completely lost.

Tim another one, playing advanced central midfield one week, scores then back to a holding midfield player then basically our only midfield player on Saturday at times, it's little wonder these players look so crap and disinterested.

When you look at our own players, Amos was dreadful in both appearances last week, would rather just rugby tackle than chase back and test that hamstring. Dozzell goes from hard working and great pressing to did he even play tonight within a few days. Adomoah looks like he's never played football before and can't get any sort of quality on his crosses anymore. The 2 centre halves have arses bursting out of their shorts and are comically bad at times.

For all the talk of the cavalry are coming, we've now had Amos, Dykes and Johansen return from the dead and we've got worse

Our 'calvary' are Chair, Willock, Paul and Laird.

Having Kenneth and Ethan back 'should' radically change our defence.

Having Chair and Willock back will radically alter our style of attack.

Having all of them back at the same time will have a big impact on the formation.

Will it change the outcome?

Gawd, I hope so.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:16 - Mar 20 with 2329 viewsLongRanger

The loan players were the fans scape goats last season ....it was al Hendrick and Sanderson's fault. Both now doing ok at Reading and Birmingham.

Our reasoning that loan players don't belong to us so not up for it doesn't really stand up, as that would be the same in every team. yet i see loan players elsewhere doing pretty well.

Loan players aren't our issue, they part of a bigger issue, we need to stop digging them out just because they're on loan
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 2323 viewsR_from_afar

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:02 - Mar 20 by daveB

To be fair to you, Dave, it's hard to tell what a player does unless they actually manage to get some touches.

Lowe has so little involvement in the game, it's a bit like listening to the first six chords of a five minute song on the radio and trying to work out the genre

In terms of Ainsworth not changing the line-up for the Blackpool mauling, I can see it both ways. Yes, the players were going to be tired but when a club and its three managers have been trying everything under the sun since October to get a win and it finally happens, the temptation not to change anything is huge.

Turns out it was just monkeys with typewriters after all

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:20 - Mar 20 with 2299 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:16 - Mar 20 by Monkey_Roots

Our 'calvary' are Chair, Willock, Paul and Laird.

Having Kenneth and Ethan back 'should' radically change our defence.

Having Chair and Willock back will radically alter our style of attack.

Having all of them back at the same time will have a big impact on the formation.

Will it change the outcome?

Gawd, I hope so.

I don't want to be all doom and gloom but they were all playing in December & January when we were rubbish as well
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:38 - Mar 20 with 2266 viewsdmm

Ains is looking for two more wins to keep us up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65015577

He also mentions rebuilding once we're safe. I think we all know there are big changes coming ahead of next season.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 2189 views1JD

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:38 - Mar 20 by dmm

Ains is looking for two more wins to keep us up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65015577

He also mentions rebuilding once we're safe. I think we all know there are big changes coming ahead of next season.

So he is instilling “an underdog mentality” and he “wants them to know where we are as a football club - this is QPR, we're not huge in this league but we can compete”.

Am I the only one who finds these comments quite alarming?

For all of Ainsworths positive front, is is offset by an underlying inferiority complex that just doesn’t sit right with me.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 15:20]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 2019 viewsTheChef

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:20 - Mar 20 by 1JD

So he is instilling “an underdog mentality” and he “wants them to know where we are as a football club - this is QPR, we're not huge in this league but we can compete”.

For all of Ainsworths positive front, is is offset by an underlying inferiority complex that just doesn’t sit right with me.

Slippery slope if you start underselling the club - you just hope once the season is done and he has the squad he wants in place for next season, the message is a stronger more positive one.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:32 - Mar 20 with 1969 viewsBerkoRanger

I'm expecting a few more U21s to be training with the first team these two weeks. At least the "hungry" young uns should be playing for a first team place. Gareth talks of 8 cup finals to come. Can we win 3 or 4 of them - of course we can.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 1925 viewsJamesB1979

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:20 - Mar 20 by daveB

I don't want to be all doom and gloom but they were all playing in December & January when we were rubbish as well

I think we played some good sides over that period. Not sure you can say the same for Rotherham and Blackpool. Critchley won 1 and drew 3 of this first 5. This included Sheffield United draw in last minute. Also, looking at the games he lost after that, it includes Sunderland and Middlesbrough away. Millwall at home. The Sunderland game had a missed penalty from us at 1-0 down.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 1883 viewsDorse

The B Team are doing pretty well in comparison. Genuine question, as I haven't watched any games, but are there any options in that group that would be better than what we're seeing in the First Team?

For example, I doubt there is a spare Dieng or Dykes kicking around, but is there a replacement Dozzell? Or Adomah? Or a spare centre back with a pulse? We've recently seen Dixon-Bonner, Drewe and Gubbins make the bench / get minutes: are any of the others worth a tickle?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:18 - Mar 20 with 1850 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:20 - Mar 20 by 1JD

yeah hes said a few times mid table is the we can do, I get what hes trying to do but it's depressing to hear
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024