Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread 17:06 - Apr 12 with 39638 viewsstowmarketrange

My 1st ever attempt at starting one of these threads so hopefully it’s a good omen.

If you’d said in October that these two teams would be either going for the playoffs,or fighting relegation,you’d be certifiable if you said that it would be us down the bottom of the league,fighting against the dreaded drop,but here we are.

Is there enough life left in the tired old body of this qpr team to get enough points to stay in the championship?If you’d asked me that question at 5pm last Friday I would’ve said no,but after getting an unlikely point at the Hawthorns,who knows.

My heart says that Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers will be blasting out of the tannoys at 5pm on Saturday.Or barely audible in the lower loft,but the head says a plucky 1-1 draw,and another point towards survival.

Here’s to another 90+ minutes of the white knuckle ride of our season.

Come on U R’ssss
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 4061 viewsjoolsyp

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:43 - Apr 15 by macclesfieldman

Imo Willock for Adomah and Amos for Dozell or Martin at HT

Amos is injured, not on the bench. Agree with Willock for Adomah.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:49 - Apr 15 with 3844 viewsQPRSteve

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:45 - Apr 15 by joolsyp

Amos is injured, not on the bench. Agree with Willock for Adomah.

I'd also bring on Richards for Martin to strengthen the middle and go all out attack
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:50 - Apr 15 with 3783 viewstraininvain

Let’s be honest, if this was any other manager we’d be hearing ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:54 - Apr 15 with 3539 viewsQPRcounsellor

The effort is there and good to see. Good atmosphere too. The quality is absolutely appalling.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 3463 viewsKerryE

At the game, can't believe how loyal our supporters are!

Chair unlucky with free kick.
But, surely a better option is to have Willock on for Martin.
And maybe Lowe for Albert.

But don't wait until they score another.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 3420 viewsderbyhoop

2 attempts in 45 mins. Both Chair FKs. 1 0n target, other nowhere near.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 3417 viewsMalintabuk

Why oh why do I relent and decide to come here again...............That was pretty atrocious really
One chance really and Gyokeres, the Championship Haarland made us pay. Except for the goal and Bidwell volley they look about us useful as us up front, but the difference is they have someone who can score a goal
We are totally outmanned in midfield, not sure what Adomah's job is but whatever it is, he don't seem to be doing it
Absolutely no creativity by us...........and I think GA must surely realise that Martin and Dykes up to is not ever going to work, though in fairness they did both score last Monday
What to do is the mystery must bring one of the TR duo and Lowe for Adomah
The Sh!thousery seems to have started by the 30th minute so this second half is going to be attrition itself.................
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:58 - Apr 15 with 3385 viewsaston_hoop

I'm slightly worried with the two big lads up front that we are quite easy to defend against. The defender realistically doesn't have to do much, wait for the ball to go high and long to Dykes or Martin and then challenge for the ball with him. No need to win it, just go down holding your face and the ref has to stop play. Willock would at least give us an extra outlet with the ball on the deck and hopefully some combos with Chair.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:59 - Apr 15 with 3339 viewsdavman

Awful. That Chair free kick aside, we have created nothing. All teams need to do to leave here with three points is score one goal.

Paal hopeless for the goal and Chris Martin told him that straight after.

Dickie falling over and still looks like his has his boots on the wrong foot. Balogun doing OK, Field doing his best to cover the gaps in midfield. Chair is over trying and, aside from that free kick, nothing working for him.

We REALLY needed something today; not confident we'll get anything.

L1 feels inevitable now...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:00 - Apr 15 with 3315 viewswelwynranger

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 14:20 - Apr 15 by actonman

Lucky dip formation ? Not so confident with that line I’m up today , looks like a set up to stop their forwards rather than attack their defence . Hope I’m wrong but that’s got 0-1 within 10 minutes all over it

Goid call. Half Time anyway
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:01 - Apr 15 with 3273 viewsted_hendrix

We are now approaching the biggest 45 minutes in our history, I've seen us relegated too many time but nothing--nothing like this.
We seriously need Burnley to score.
We have no threat, none at all.
Cardiff have a game in hand on us too.
Never expected anything today but dear oh bloody dear.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:03 - Apr 15 with 3198 viewsRs_Holy

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:59 - Apr 15 by davman

Awful. That Chair free kick aside, we have created nothing. All teams need to do to leave here with three points is score one goal.

Paal hopeless for the goal and Chris Martin told him that straight after.

Dickie falling over and still looks like his has his boots on the wrong foot. Balogun doing OK, Field doing his best to cover the gaps in midfield. Chair is over trying and, aside from that free kick, nothing working for him.

We REALLY needed something today; not confident we'll get anything.

L1 feels inevitable now...

Looks like Harlequins was a good choice… it’s shit but better than Rangers by the sounds of it😫
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:04 - Apr 15 with 3173 viewsQPROslo

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:58 - Apr 15 by aston_hoop

I'm slightly worried with the two big lads up front that we are quite easy to defend against. The defender realistically doesn't have to do much, wait for the ball to go high and long to Dykes or Martin and then challenge for the ball with him. No need to win it, just go down holding your face and the ref has to stop play. Willock would at least give us an extra outlet with the ball on the deck and hopefully some combos with Chair.

I'd like to see Richards on start 2nd half. I'd take off Martin.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:04 - Apr 15 with 3165 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd bring Laird on for Adomah, Dunne to a back three and match their 352.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:08 - Apr 15 with 3004 viewsSonofpugwash

Can't somebody just activate the fire alarm?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:10 - Apr 15 with 2876 viewsstainrods_elbow

Horribly disappointing and drearily so, so, predictable, which makes it more horrible. No creativity or forward thinking in midfield, two carthorses up front, one fit for the knackers' yard, a solitary Chair free kick in added time is as close as we've come. I know we lack quality, but this reminds me of my school art classes - tries really hard, but can't execute anything. Dykes and Martin have achieved nothing, Chair (bar his free kick) has been poor, Uncle pointless, and Dozzell anonymous. It is unfathomable how Willock is not on the pitch already.

Tactical set-up looks inept, but the players lack quality. Coventry in second gear, but competent, composed and threatening now and then. Could easily have been 0-2 with that Bidwell volley. We desperately need to change it up with Willock, Lowe and RIchards and try at least to fashion a chance or two.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 16:19]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:12 - Apr 15 with 2783 viewscheeseydane

Formation is wrong.
Players in the wrong places.
Big affection for GA but seriously.
You can't get by with just picking your favourite players (or those most devoted) and shoe-horning them in.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:20 - Apr 15 with 2298 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Poor from Chair, PASS THE BALL!
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:21 - Apr 15 with 2261 viewspaulparker

Chair must have SWP old boots as every second touch is a tackle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:24 - Apr 15 with 2065 viewsaston_hoop

Jimmy Dunne is shocking

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:25 - Apr 15 with 1992 viewsSonofpugwash

Eze scores a brilliant goal for Palarse.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:25 - Apr 15 with 1975 viewsVancouverHoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:24 - Apr 15 by aston_hoop

Jimmy Dunne is shocking

Not a wide player in a million years.

Richards on for Illy
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:26 - Apr 15 with 1938 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:24 - Apr 15 by aston_hoop

Jimmy Dunne is shocking

They all are.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:27 - Apr 15 with 1882 viewsaston_hoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:25 - Apr 15 by VancouverHoop

Not a wide player in a million years.

Richards on for Illy

Would much rather he switched with Dickie. Or better still, Laird comes on

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 1797 viewsQPRSteve

Baffling sub. I know Chair's not played well but it only takes one bit of magic.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 16:29]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024