Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread 17:06 - Apr 12 with 39694 viewsstowmarketrange

My 1st ever attempt at starting one of these threads so hopefully it’s a good omen.

If you’d said in October that these two teams would be either going for the playoffs,or fighting relegation,you’d be certifiable if you said that it would be us down the bottom of the league,fighting against the dreaded drop,but here we are.

Is there enough life left in the tired old body of this qpr team to get enough points to stay in the championship?If you’d asked me that question at 5pm last Friday I would’ve said no,but after getting an unlikely point at the Hawthorns,who knows.

My heart says that Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers will be blasting out of the tannoys at 5pm on Saturday.Or barely audible in the lower loft,but the head says a plucky 1-1 draw,and another point towards survival.

Here’s to another 90+ minutes of the white knuckle ride of our season.

Come on U R’ssss
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:24 - Apr 15 with 2589 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:06 - Apr 15 by blavod

Lazy appointment by our DOF

Like everything he's done.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:24 - Apr 15 with 2559 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:16 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

Don't get me wrong, the players are still the biggest problem. I just thought that we would at least go down fighting under GA -- though I suppose expecting these disgraces in QPR shirts to fight...was wishful thinking on my behalf.

O, have a word with yourself. We fought against WBA, and did so again today. What we lack/ed, palpably, is finesse, quality and attacking cohesion. A big part of the problem is playing Dykes and Martin together, despite their recent flash in the pan. Martin is done, and Dykes, though a trier, is ineffective and was poor again today.

I don't know what's next. If we don't somehow beat Nowwich, though, I fear our late Easter goose will be so cooked we might as well tuck in to the leftovers.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:26 - Apr 15 with 2525 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:52 - Apr 15 by traininvain

Imagine looking at this time 1-0 down thinking I need a goal and taking Chair off. I know he wasn’t great but even for the set piece threat alone you’d keep him on.

Maybe I’m missing something but I’ve lost any faith I had in Ainsworth this afternoon.

Yep. Staggering decision. Nice to give that old timer a few minutes at the end though.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:29 - Apr 15 with 2476 viewskarlski

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:16 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

Don't get me wrong, the players are still the biggest problem. I just thought that we would at least go down fighting under GA -- though I suppose expecting these disgraces in QPR shirts to fight...was wishful thinking on my behalf.

The problem with the starting 11 was that it had very little chance of creating anything at all. Agree that nothing came off for Chair, but in his defence there was nobody else in the side who could/would carry the ball up the pitch, run into space, or receive and keep the ball in tight areas.

Once we had Richards and Laird on, that changed a little bit (Willock too, but he was poor). Immediately we actually looked capable of building a move down the right hand side - with Dunne (not his fault out of position) and Adomah (not his fault 400 years old) it was impossible. I don't think we worked one decent crossing situation in the whole game, which is the only way our front two can score. The few I can remember Martin and Dykes were so exhausted by their physical battles with Cov defenders they weren't making any threatening runs in the box.

I don't doubt the effort of the first 11, but I do doubt their quality. I suppose if you start the 'skill' players we'd be even more open at the back but...we seem to be open anyway, might as well try to threaten with some Chair, Richards, Laird, Paal, Willock interplay? Not a great hope but I'd prefer to see us try that than what we're currently seeing. We aren't going to nil-nil and passion our way to safety.

Impossible situation really. Miracle to keep us up - and worse, I can't see how we effectively rebuild for a L1 campaign. Dreadful.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:31 - Apr 15 with 2424 viewsE15Hoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:22 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

We really are a "special club" 🤔😉

OK - difficult for me as well to say too much positive this time round after such woeful defending for all 3 goals. Dickie on the second goal - what is he doing??
I really thought after Monday that we might finally have kickstarted ourselves back into life, but its like Monday never actually happened.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:36 - Apr 15 with 2329 viewsnumptydumpty

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:56 - Apr 15 by paulparker

Would love to know what absolute goons stayed to clap that Sh1t

Proper fans

It was crap but booing players who lost all confidence and direction is only going to make things worse !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:37 - Apr 15 with 2305 viewsnumptydumpty

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:58 - Apr 15 by QPunkR

Fkng numpties

Sorry chap.

Am trying my best !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:39 - Apr 15 with 2248 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:24 - Apr 15 by stainrods_elbow

O, have a word with yourself. We fought against WBA, and did so again today. What we lack/ed, palpably, is finesse, quality and attacking cohesion. A big part of the problem is playing Dykes and Martin together, despite their recent flash in the pan. Martin is done, and Dykes, though a trier, is ineffective and was poor again today.

I don't know what's next. If we don't somehow beat Nowwich, though, I fear our late Easter goose will be so cooked we might as well tuck in to the leftovers.

Maybe you should have a word with yourself...we have just lost 3- 0 at home again. I'll bet no matter who plays, or in whatever feckin formation they play...we won't be getting the points needed to survive.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:45 - Apr 15 with 2161 viewspaulparker

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:36 - Apr 15 by numptydumpty

Proper fans

It was crap but booing players who lost all confidence and direction is only going to make things worse !!!

How worse can it get
Seriously all of them players need to go in the summer they are an utter disgrace
Clapping them off after another heavy defeat achieves fcuk all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:46 - Apr 15 with 2156 viewsjoe90

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 10:44 - Apr 15 by joe90

I won’t be attending today. Despite our poor form and this team lack of effort I really do want to be there as these games count and I still want us to win.

I’ve got a good feeling and think we’ll win. No idea what the score will be, but either way I think we’ll get a much needed 3 points.

This didn’t age well…
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:50 - Apr 15 with 2071 viewsThe_Beast1976

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:45 - Apr 15 by paulparker

How worse can it get
Seriously all of them players need to go in the summer they are an utter disgrace
Clapping them off after another heavy defeat achieves fcuk all

The whole set up, from top to bottom (including every single member of the playing squad), needs to go (Ainsworth being the only exception, but even that's largely questionnable now as he seems to have made things even worse than they were (takes some doing that!!!))
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 17:51]
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:56 - Apr 15 with 1961 viewsMedwayR

Just watched the ‘highlights’.

For the 3rd goal, did Johansen really try to play offside from his position in midfield?!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:03 - Apr 15 with 1863 viewsthemodfather

i have rarely left a game so angry, upset, deflated . fkcuing shower of khunts worthless sack of dog 5hit and dirty asre wippes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all fart and no end product.
the only reason we are not down is other showers have had points off. we have been dog dirt for 4 months .. and i have calmed down
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:07 - Apr 15 with 1799 viewsactonman

I’m sorry to say but as bad as we are and as bad as the situation is , the only reason ainsworth is getting free pass is cos it’s Gareth ainsworth !

Has to be the worse football and tactics I have seen in 40 years supporting us !
My 76 year old mother would have picked a better starting 11 today

Absolute pathetic excuse of players cannot even do basic football that is coached into them since they were 6 years old , it’s not fking that hard
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:09 - Apr 15 with 1774 viewsMatch82

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:12 - Apr 15 by Lblock

I disagree -- I think they are part of the problem.

Said it countless times but some people get the club they deserve.

Been no standards at this club for 11 years or so now.

Am I reading this right that part of the problem is the fans that go to games because they don't boo?

I'd say after what they've sat through this season those fans deserve to do whatever they want, and if that includes cheering the team that's absolutely their prerogative and they deserve better than being called being "part of the problem" on a message board for doing just that.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your point but that feels incredibly harsh.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:10 - Apr 15 with 1761 viewsJamesB1979

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:07 - Apr 15 by actonman

I’m sorry to say but as bad as we are and as bad as the situation is , the only reason ainsworth is getting free pass is cos it’s Gareth ainsworth !

Has to be the worse football and tactics I have seen in 40 years supporting us !

Absolute pathetic excuse of players cannot even do basic football that is coached into them since they were 6 years old , it’s not fking that hard

Getting rid of Warburton and then getting rid of Critchley look like terrible decisions the more games he has in charge.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:10 - Apr 15 with 1746 viewsted_hendrix

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:07 - Apr 15 by actonman

He Is not getting a free pass from me and never has.

We are way-way worse under his leadership.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:13 - Apr 15 with 1681 views1JD

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:31 - Apr 15 by E15Hoop

OK - difficult for me as well to say too much positive this time round after such woeful defending for all 3 goals. Dickie on the second goal - what is he doing??
I really thought after Monday that we might finally have kickstarted ourselves back into life, but its like Monday never actually happened.

Any word on Dunne the new right back?

Totally found wanting as expected. Should never ever have been picked there in the first place. A shoddy tactical decision, along with the brain dead decision to play a 2-man centre midfield against their 3-man centre midfield, where we got overrun ALL sodding game. And STILL no tactical change was made in there.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:18 - Apr 15 with 1601 views1JD

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:56 - Apr 15 by MedwayR

For the 3rd goal, did Johansen really try to play offside from his position in midfield?!!

Slower than a turtle, he was barely jogging. And yes, he did. Unbelievably
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:19 - Apr 15 with 1570 viewspaulparker

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:10 - Apr 15 by JamesB1979

Getting rid of Warburton and then getting rid of Critchley look like terrible decisions the more games he has in charge.

Critchley was a fcuking dross appointment, he was awful
Ainsworth needs time as he will turn it around , these players , coaches are 12 years of Tune group miss management and 8 years of an incompetent DOF
Whatever league we are in next year it will be a much much different team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 1559 viewsRangersDave

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:22 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

We really are a "special club" 🤔😉

special needs mate, special needs!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 1559 viewsTacticalR

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:56 - Apr 15 by MedwayR

Unfortunately, Johansen, once our saviour, has become a passenger.

Air hostess clique

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:21 - Apr 15 with 1539 viewsJamesB1979

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:19 - Apr 15 by paulparker

Critchley was a fcuking dross appointment, he was awful
Ainsworth needs time as he will turn it around , these players , coaches are 12 years of Tune group miss management and 8 years of an incompetent DOF
Whatever league we are in next year it will be a much much different team

Critchley had 11 league games and got 8 points. It’s not a great record but Ainsworth has 4 points in 9 games and we’ve played some of the sides around us. Critchley played mostly teams in upper half of table. We should have given Critchley more time. We’ve got worse since he left.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 1479 viewsCamberleyR

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:10 - Apr 15 by JamesB1979

My feelings also. As soon as I saw that starting eleven I feared the worst. Had Ainsworth not had any previous connection to the club he would deservedly be getting absolutely hammered.

In fact previous connection to the club or not he should be getting roasted for that team today set up in that shape plus what's gone before. Eight points clear of the bottom three when he took over remember.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:27 - Apr 15 with 1449 viewspaulparker

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 18:21 - Apr 15 by JamesB1979

Critchley had 11 league games and got 8 points. It’s not a great record but Ainsworth has 4 points in 9 games and we’ve played some of the sides around us. Critchley played mostly teams in upper half of table. We should have given Critchley more time. We’ve got worse since he left.

Critchley was out of his depth and a poor appointment
Ainsworth is picking up the pieces of this total fcuk up , cast your memory back to 2001 and when Olly first got the gig , he was called Francis puppet and couldn’t buy a win either
He then had the most turbulent pre season but still gave us a team to be proud of
Ainsworth will come good, if your pointing the finger then point it at the board, DOF and the coaches who can never be sacked , they have caused this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024