Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bittersweet symphony — Report 13:21 - Apr 30 with 15269 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60165
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 13:42 - Apr 30 with 7311 viewscaliforniahoop

Wind tunnel 😂😂😂
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 13:56 - Apr 30 with 7231 viewsBostonR

Really enjoyed the serious nature of your report. You’re absolutely spot-on with the Board meeting comment, given the serious nature of what happened this season and how the club needs to react for the forthcoming season.
There are three very decent PL clubs getting relegated and with a resurgent Plymouth, Ipswich and more than likely Sheffield Wed getting promoted- the Championship is going to be tough next season.
I think GA will stay but he’s going to need help in the market to find the quality replacements needed to build a competitive squad. 16th is looking like a pipe-dream next season and given the likely upheaval that is seriously required in the backroom staff, GA has a tough job on his hands.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 7209 viewsE15Hoop

Looking forward to these next few weeks where we have the continuation of the lively debate we've been having already on this site as to what that real hard work actually looks like, as well as who should be dictating its direction..
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 14:14 - Apr 30 with 7127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not surprised by the tone at all, and agree with it.
I found myself numb after the final whistle yesterday. Hugely relieved, but just swamped with a feeling of "how did it come to this?" From top of the table to four simultaneous head injuries in our own box is a long way to fall.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 14:26 - Apr 30 with 7050 viewsGaryBannister86

Agree with all this.

Let's not have the club embarrass itself with The Great Escape t-shirts or admiring eulogies of the departing loan players. We have massive problems and they need to be fixed.

Wins always change the mood, though. Already a thread on wanting to sign Lowe.

What's the definition of madness again?
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 15:02 - Apr 30 with 6893 viewsbosh67

We have to learn from this season. Next season could be as bad or worse if we don't.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 15:03 - Apr 30 with 6891 viewsE15Hoop

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 14:26 - Apr 30 by GaryBannister86

Agree with all this.

Let's not have the club embarrass itself with The Great Escape t-shirts or admiring eulogies of the departing loan players. We have massive problems and they need to be fixed.

Wins always change the mood, though. Already a thread on wanting to sign Lowe.

What's the definition of madness again?

I won't repeat what I've written on that thread as to the reasons I would sign Lowe specifically, but I will say this: your argument about the definition of madness being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result can be as justifiably levelled at those people who say "Oh let's get rid of everybody and everything and start all over again from scratch" as it can be (more justifiably imho) at those of us who believe that actually the experience of turning a badly listing ship around and bringing it back safely to shore with very few casualties is an important and valuable one, and has laid some important foundations which can be healthily built upon over these coming weeks.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 15:11 - Apr 30 with 6820 viewsGaryBannister86

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 15:03 - Apr 30 by E15Hoop

I won't repeat what I've written on that thread as to the reasons I would sign Lowe specifically, but I will say this: your argument about the definition of madness being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result can be as justifiably levelled at those people who say "Oh let's get rid of everybody and everything and start all over again from scratch" as it can be (more justifiably imho) at those of us who believe that actually the experience of turning a badly listing ship around and bringing it back safely to shore with very few casualties is an important and valuable one, and has laid some important foundations which can be healthily built upon over these coming weeks.

Fair points. I certainly don't think we should get rid of everybody and start again. It's not even that I particularly don't rate Lowe, its that he would be expensive and there is absolutely no justification in our position for doing that.

We all know GA will be gone by October if we don't start well and the style of football doesn't change. Then we will be going round and round and round and round and....

Regardless of style, in my opinion GA has earned a shot at next season. If we use loans again I just hope that (i) it isn't so many and (ii) we choose better than this year.

Apart from that, unless Eze goes to Geordieland for £60m, it seems painfully obvious that we're going to have a fire sale. My hope is that we can somehow keep Dykes as I firmly believe he is going have an excellent season next year. Probably not with us, though.
Login to get fewer ads

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 15:51 - Apr 30 with 6637 viewspaulparker

Great report Clive and spot on about these players , no doubt we are going to see posts about should we sign Lowe, get Amos a new one year deal or get Tim in again on loan
Bar Field, Chair, Dunne ,Albert Dykes & Martin , not one of the rest deserve to be here next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 6545 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I watched on a stream & felt relaxed for every second of the 105 minutes that we played. Relaxed? Certainly. Stoke were very poor & the chances of them scoring/winning was a lower percentage than our pocession stat.

If we had played the occassional pass to feet & decided to play in their half of the pitch, we should have won comfortably.

There was absolutely no need for us to carry out all of the shithousery. Last week yes, but yesterday was not required. All of the years that we have moaned about the tactics of Preston (and others) & now we are the major proponents!
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:26 - Apr 30 with 6503 viewsManinBlack

The last few paragraphs summed it up perfectly. We should not have been in this situation. OK we got out of it but the squad isn't good enough and the players character has been questionable since October.

Next season clubs better run like Ipswich and Plymouth will be high on confidence so we need to be prepared or else we could be in a scrap at the start of the season. In truth the reason we stayed up this time was because of the good results August to mid October.

We have seen clubs like Brighton, Luton, Fulham and Brentford pass us by, all better run, and I can see Ipswich and clubs like Wrexham passing us too. A huge overhaul is needed. I don't want a repeat of our great escape under Hughes and his "it won't happen again" comment and then we did go down the next season.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:34 - Apr 30 with 6469 viewsE15Hoop

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:26 - Apr 30 by ManinBlack

The last few paragraphs summed it up perfectly. We should not have been in this situation. OK we got out of it but the squad isn't good enough and the players character has been questionable since October.

Next season clubs better run like Ipswich and Plymouth will be high on confidence so we need to be prepared or else we could be in a scrap at the start of the season. In truth the reason we stayed up this time was because of the good results August to mid October.

We have seen clubs like Brighton, Luton, Fulham and Brentford pass us by, all better run, and I can see Ipswich and clubs like Wrexham passing us too. A huge overhaul is needed. I don't want a repeat of our great escape under Hughes and his "it won't happen again" comment and then we did go down the next season.

Everyone keeps talking about this "huge overhaul", but what does that actually mean? Who and what would you change, and how would you ensure that it was successful, especially under the FFP constraints?
The only solution for this club to greatly improve its sustainability in the short term is to get promoted back to the Premier League, and that ship looks somewhat far off in the distance at this moment.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:45 - Apr 30 with 6417 viewsGaryBannister86

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:34 - Apr 30 by E15Hoop

Everyone keeps talking about this "huge overhaul", but what does that actually mean? Who and what would you change, and how would you ensure that it was successful, especially under the FFP constraints?
The only solution for this club to greatly improve its sustainability in the short term is to get promoted back to the Premier League, and that ship looks somewhat far off in the distance at this moment.

Doesn't it mean that we are going to lose / send back / throw back all the loan players, almost certainly lose Willock and even then probably try to sell anybody else to balance the FFP books?

Even without the last point, that would mean we lose:

Laird
Roberts
Tim
Lowe
Willock

And if we do sell a Dykes / Chair / Dieng / Field or two....I think that's a pretty major overhaul?

As to how we make it successful, I have no idea. Hope Les and Lee and GA do.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 17:09 - Apr 30 with 6292 viewsE15Hoop

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 16:45 - Apr 30 by GaryBannister86

Doesn't it mean that we are going to lose / send back / throw back all the loan players, almost certainly lose Willock and even then probably try to sell anybody else to balance the FFP books?

Even without the last point, that would mean we lose:

Laird
Roberts
Tim
Lowe
Willock

And if we do sell a Dykes / Chair / Dieng / Field or two....I think that's a pretty major overhaul?

As to how we make it successful, I have no idea. Hope Les and Lee and GA do.

OK, so that relates to the playing side, but wasn't the poster talking about the whole infrsatructure of the club, staff included?
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 17:54 - Apr 30 with 6075 viewsngbqpr

Agree 💯 with every word.

Dreading the summer, never mind next season.

All I will say is I thought most of the players celebrated in a similar understated manner to Albert.

We were right at the front, and I also took several videos for friends & family who couldn’t make it. I genuinely thought in most cases it looked like the players properly applauding US, several faces wore a look of “we know we’ve got away with it, we do actually appreciate you.”

Most lively celebrations were from Laird. To be fair, the kid’s only 19 and has just spent 9 months in this madhouse - enjoy the moment mate. Wherever his and Tim’s careers take them, I suspect they’ll never endure such a season again.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 19:17 - Apr 30 with 5771 viewsnix

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 17:54 - Apr 30 by ngbqpr

Agree 💯 with every word.

Dreading the summer, never mind next season.

All I will say is I thought most of the players celebrated in a similar understated manner to Albert.

We were right at the front, and I also took several videos for friends & family who couldn’t make it. I genuinely thought in most cases it looked like the players properly applauding US, several faces wore a look of “we know we’ve got away with it, we do actually appreciate you.”

Most lively celebrations were from Laird. To be fair, the kid’s only 19 and has just spent 9 months in this madhouse - enjoy the moment mate. Wherever his and Tim’s careers take them, I suspect they’ll never endure such a season again.

Yes, I agree with what you say about the players. Both Albert and Sam owned up to the fact that putting in the effort is the least the fans deserve and really more than that. I think the penny's dropped.

Excellent report Clive. Can't argue with any of it. Some soul searching needed at all levels of the club. With the platform we had from last season plus the additional players in, we should be doing way better than scrabbling around to avoid relegation.

I also think though we shouldn't rush to judgement on GA. I honestly didn't think we'd get another point a few weeks ago. To get through this period, stay up and put a bit of heart back into the squad was an absolute requirement. I'm pretty sure he's not going to aspire to a 20% possession rate for all of next season. We needed some pragmatism though, as you do when you're in a hole.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 5749 viewsjtuck

How quickly we forget! A few weeks ago we were losing at home to a Birmingham side every bit as dire as Stoke. Basic competence from Rangers completely absent as we had only 2 in midfield and GA's stone age tactics looked clueless. Who then would have thought we would turn it around and survive? I certainly didn't. So can we do both?: celebrate miraculously getting out of the hole we made for ourselves AND acknowledging the grim reality coming our way next season Desperate times called for desperate measures and GA and those much despised players delivered in the clutch as we went far more defensive, gave the ball away for fun by booting it long and stopped the easy counter attacks. So maybe two cheers not three cheers but I hope GA did have a few beers last night.

LAranger

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 20:11 - Apr 30 with 5574 viewsVancouverHoop

The future ain't bright for anyone:

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 20:58 - Apr 30 with 5430 viewsQPsyR

Great report. Really considered despite everything.

Glad they stayed up, wasn't sleeping thinking about it..fck that
Shame the whole thing was self-inflicted on top of 29 years of total mismanagement, with the last 12 on steroids with Bungle's Bungling.

The only thing that was omitted is this.

Mad that it's 26 years ago... can't even use the excuse that when it came out QPR were good and there was future and hope cos that cnt Thompson had already fckd everything

FKA AcidPixie

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 5388 viewsstevec

Spot on with your report. Pleased we escaped the drop but nothing to celebrate.

What really bothers me is that some of the players who effectively wiped their arse on the shirt this season have been tolerated to the extent some of them will still be around the club next season.

Sounds like Richards will be here, hopefully not Roberts, but I will find it extremely uncomfortable to see these players in the shirt ever again. JCS I’m right on the edge with, Balogun likewise.

They’ve left a stain on this club, their employers, fellow players and the supporters.
Bittersweet symphony — Report on 21:21 - Apr 30 with 5303 viewsPunteR

Cheers Clive, completely agree with your assessment of the situation.

In my humble opinion we have to start looking at the root course of our problems and work it out from there. The owners aren't going so we can park that idea to one side ,but that's where the issues stem from.
Unfortunately for les Ferdinand I think his time is up. Along with the structure and staff he's put in place. It hasn't worked and we're going backwards. I've no idea who can replace him but I'm sure there will be worthy candidates. It's a horrible situation and I loved Les as a player but really this is his responsibility.
I'm in the Warburton camp on this. I know he wasn't perfect and I heard lots of rumours about him too but I just feel we made a big mistake letting him go at that point. He just seemed to have a structure to his work, a standard and we looked progressive on his watch, in every department. To my mind he was a safe pair of hands that we could chug along too. I trust Warburtons judgement more than Ferdinands, put it that way. Beale straight away clocked the issues when he walked through the door and he basically stitched us and Ferdinand up.
The owners need to get a grip of what's happening at the club that's for sure. If a club like Wrexham can build momentum and generate that ambition throughout the club just because a Hollywood star has turned up then its time for our owners to stop kicking the can down the road, grow a pair of gonads and get the club back on its feet again.

Oh and happy belated birthday to our vice chairman Tony Fernandes
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 21:29]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 21:31 - Apr 30 with 5259 viewsderbyhoop

All the warnings are bang on the money. Winning at Stoke, who've been on the beach for the last 5 weeks shouldn't be cause for celebration.
A major overhaul should begin from now. The loanees depart, and in most cases with little fanfare. A fire sale of any footballing assets seems assured.
I don't want to watch too many performances like the last 2 with 19 and 20% Possession, however pragmatic.
Any QPR fan with a brain should know this season's collapse could easily be repeated, without the 30+ points by mid- October.
As the proverb says " Oh, to live in interesting times".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 22:03 - Apr 30 with 5140 viewspaulparker

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 21:21 - Apr 30 by PunteR

Cheers Clive, completely agree with your assessment of the situation.

In my humble opinion we have to start looking at the root course of our problems and work it out from there. The owners aren't going so we can park that idea to one side ,but that's where the issues stem from.
Unfortunately for les Ferdinand I think his time is up. Along with the structure and staff he's put in place. It hasn't worked and we're going backwards. I've no idea who can replace him but I'm sure there will be worthy candidates. It's a horrible situation and I loved Les as a player but really this is his responsibility.
I'm in the Warburton camp on this. I know he wasn't perfect and I heard lots of rumours about him too but I just feel we made a big mistake letting him go at that point. He just seemed to have a structure to his work, a standard and we looked progressive on his watch, in every department. To my mind he was a safe pair of hands that we could chug along too. I trust Warburtons judgement more than Ferdinands, put it that way. Beale straight away clocked the issues when he walked through the door and he basically stitched us and Ferdinand up.
The owners need to get a grip of what's happening at the club that's for sure. If a club like Wrexham can build momentum and generate that ambition throughout the club just because a Hollywood star has turned up then its time for our owners to stop kicking the can down the road, grow a pair of gonads and get the club back on its feet again.

Oh and happy belated birthday to our vice chairman Tony Fernandes
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 21:29]

“Oh and happy belated birthday to our vice chairman Tony Fernades “

Fcuk him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 22:15 - Apr 30 with 5131 viewsted_hendrix

Thank you for the report.

Don't think I'll be back, I was all geared up for Bristol City next week It's so rare for me to miss the final game of the season but I can't I just can't be arsed anymore.
I'm so-so glad we've survived this season but let's be honest we've grabbed one hell of a pile of lady luck to do so, nothing or nobody will convince me otherwise.

Come the start of next season I'll be 73 Years old with a round car trip of some 3 hours + for home games, I couldn't face watching performances like that and the last games under GA.

I'm no football snob, when you've got to play dirty then play dirty get the points and piss off out of there, I don't love GA I don't love anyone at the club GA Is alright in my book but he Is not the one to take us forward, not In my eyes anyway.

Massive changes at the club over the next few Months.

I'm tired of It completely worn out, I feel distant from the club now something I've never felt before, I'm so glad the season Is over.

Words fail me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bittersweet symphony — Report on 22:41 - Apr 30 with 5015 viewsgazza1

I will be renewing my season ticket, along with my crew, as i have done every year for many years. I cannot stop going to QPR matches, however we play, whoever plays, whoever is the Manager, if we win, loose or draw.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024