Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players To Keep 12:04 - May 1 with 8724 viewsNorthantsHoop

Of the starting 11 on Saturday, in my opinion we should retain Dieng, Dickie and Field as a must. Chair is an interesting one, can we get money for him or can we build a team around him, he is a great little player but can he step up and run that midfield. The other starters all need to be moved on through loan completions and sales. To me it is apparent that Willock seems to no longer want to play for QPR and possibly Ainsworth has made that decision, so extend his contract on the one year option and sell asap. Think we all know as soon as he goes he will start playing well again, but his head and heart are not in at QPR.
Players To Keep on 18:59 - May 1 with 2964 viewsDavieQPR

Players To Keep on 13:39 - May 1 by terryb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that the only players out of contract are Amos, Archer, Balogen, Martin, Masterson, Owens, Shodipo & Willock. We do have a one year contract extension on Willock though.

Unless we offer any of these players a new contract, they are our only players that we can release (apart from paying someone of). All contracted players will stay unless we receive an offer that the club & player accepts.

Many posters have mentioned that we might have a fire sale. Perhaps we will, but again, this can only happen if other clubs are interested in anyone. I doubt that Rangers can afford to spend much money on signings unless they have managed to receive those funds & there are limited players we have that would qualify for this.

Based on my thoughts & no knowledge, I would think that Dykes is our most saleable asset having maintained his valuation this season. Field is certainly the player that has increased in value the most, while Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Chair & Willock have decreased considerably.

Apart from these seven, transfer fees received will not pay for any new players.

You've got these seven plus four loanees. That's eleven wage packets of the books. Enough for a few freebies and L1 players.
Players To Keep on 19:32 - May 1 with 2880 viewsGaxZE

To keep:
- Field
- Dunne
- Paal
- Kakay (Limited in ability, but never went missing)
- Dykes (should thrive under Ainsworths style)
- Armstrong
- Walsh (want to see him actually get a run)

Have to keep:
- Richards (part of the loan deal)
- JCS - 4 year deal.
- Dozzell (has another year, nobody silly enough to buy him)
- Adomah (think he has 1 more year)
- Johansen (also has 1 more year)

Everybody else I would release or sell if an offer came in for them.
- Dieng probably the easiest to sell
- Chair probably integral to our hopes to rebuild (Most value).
- Willock, he left when Beale/Banfield did
- Dickie will be a harder sell but may still be able to contribute to whatever money we need for next season.
Players To Keep on 19:34 - May 1 with 2867 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes

Dickie

Kakay

Armstrong

Lowe

Paal

Richards

That's it !!!

Money for Dunne 750k, Dieng 1.8m, Clarke Salter 500k, Chair 3.5m Willock 2m, Field 4m Amos 500k, Dozzell Free, Johansen Free Adomah Free

Raises around 13 million in total !!
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:40]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Players To Keep on 20:01 - May 1 with 2823 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Dieng, Chair, Willock and Dykes will go to further their careers and bring in a few pennies

Field, Paal, Dunne, Dickie, JCS, Armstrong, Richards, Kakay stay though I think we might get some offers for Field.

I reckon they might offer 1 year deals to Martin and Amos

I think they will do a mutual with Johansen because he won't want to finish his career watching the ball pining over his head

I suspect Albert probably has a similar deal to Austin and they may let him go too

I think they will try and shift Dozzell on too if they can

Archer and Balogun will be released

Charlie Owens will get another contract

So 6-8 out maybe £6-8m in if we get lucky
Players To Keep on 20:40 - May 1 with 2757 viewswesty

Wonder if Notts county fail to get promoted it might be worth chancing on Langstaff, scores for fun is a good age. Seems hardy enough having got through a gruelling campaign. Only issue is he has two yrs remaining on his contract. They paid £50k for him so maybe £1m may get him.
Bit of a step up but could be worth a gamble.
Players To Keep on 21:29 - May 1 with 2667 viewsNorthernr

It will be, and should be, as few as possible.
1 - We need to reduce the wage bill pretty drastically, and get any transfer fee in that we can. The few you would actually quite like to keep are, obviously, the more sellable ones.
2 - they've spent the last 18 months showing you exactly what they're about. With each one you keep around you're just inviting more of the same.

Clearly the issue is how much change can you stand/complete in one window...
Players To Keep on 21:35 - May 1 with 2654 viewsDorse

Players To Keep on 21:29 - May 1 by Northernr

1 - We need to reduce the wage bill pretty drastically, and get any transfer fee in that we can. The few you would actually quite like to keep are, obviously, the more sellable ones.
2 - they've spent the last 18 months showing you exactly what they're about. With each one you keep around you're just inviting more of the same.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players To Keep on 22:00 - May 1 with 2606 viewshantssi

Players To Keep on 19:34 - May 1 by numptydumpty

Dykes

Dickie

Kakay

Armstrong

Lowe

Paal

Richards

That's it !!!

Money for Dunne 750k, Dieng 1.8m, Clarke Salter 500k, Chair 3.5m Willock 2m, Field 4m Amos 500k, Dozzell Free, Johansen Free Adomah Free

Raises around 13 million in total !!
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:40]

Not a chance in the world will we get that much for any of them IMHO.
Who on earth will pay £500K for JCS who’s hardly played this year?!
Our best hope is for Eze to move for a big fee 🤞🏻
Login to get fewer ads

Players To Keep on 22:08 - May 1 with 2575 viewsDejR_vu

I don’t think you can fault Dunne, Chair and Field. All three always available, all work their nvts off, all good players. They can’t carry the whole team. Sadly, for those reasons, and our financial position, they’re the three least likely to be here next season.

As for the others, I wouldn’t be bothered if they all went.

The scary thing is what on earth they’ll be replaced with.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Players To Keep on 22:27 - May 1 with 2537 viewsnumptydumpty

Players To Keep on 22:08 - May 1 by DejR_vu

I don’t think you can fault Dunne, Chair and Field. All three always available, all work their nvts off, all good players. They can’t carry the whole team. Sadly, for those reasons, and our financial position, they’re the three least likely to be here next season.

As for the others, I wouldn’t be bothered if they all went.

The scary thing is what on earth they’ll be replaced with.

How is Barbet ???

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Players To Keep on 01:06 - May 2 with 2434 viewsozexile

Players To Keep on 22:00 - May 1 by hantssi

Not a chance in the world will we get that much for any of them IMHO.
Who on earth will pay £500K for JCS who’s hardly played this year?!
Our best hope is for Eze to move for a big fee 🤞🏻

Totally agree the market has collapsed.
Players To Keep on 20:10 - May 2 with 2242 viewshoopedmonkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-ainsworth-three-qpr-players-had

There's a marker for you!
Players To Keep on 20:52 - May 2 with 2193 viewsmonners1969

Players To Keep on 12:52 - May 1 by Logman

I can see Willock being sold and Shodipo brought back to replace him. I reckon GA will be good for Shodipo and he and Albert might be our wide options. Chair would be a good one to keep as he's fit and durable. I think that is really important. If we can keep Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Field, Dykes, Paal, they are generally good for playing week in week out. We need more of them. Fit players are essential.

I think shodipo wouldn’t be a bad shout - having a good run of appearances at Lincoln and doing well

Never understood the total hate for him

But I can’t see it happening

It could be literally 12 or more in and that scares the hell out of me
Players To Keep on 21:13 - May 2 with 2132 viewsLoft1979

I think a revised core for this group starts with Dieng, Dunne, Jake-Salter, Field and Paal. I hope Drewe matures in a good RB. I hope Ethan Laird can be had as he will never be a Man Utd player.

If I was betting, Dykes is off North of the border. I think Chair would be great in Europe in a less physical league. Both could help our purse. Ditto for Johansen.

Referring to the GA comments on senior players; Adomah and Martin are great shouts less as starters than squad players. Nice to see what he did with Luke Amos and Sinclair (of late). I think he will get a shift out of Kakay.
Players To Keep on 21:28 - May 2 with 2085 viewsbaz_qpr

Players To Keep on 21:29 - May 1 by Northernr

I dont necessarily agree there are a number of parallels to 2009/10 Team of to a flyer manager induced implosion 4 managers with Warnock pulling us out of the mire in the last 5 games.

It took half a dozen. inbound in the right positions and shifting a similar amount out as well as Warnock nous to turn the club around.

I think trying to move in or out 10 or more players is a very dangerous game, especially as Warnock did not have transfer windows to contend with at the time.
Players To Keep on 09:06 - May 3 with 1929 viewsMonkey_Roots

Id like to see Dunne, a confident Dickie, and Field return for next season.

I’d also like to see what Bonner and Richards can do next season, and get Armstrong on a consistent run.
Players To Keep on 09:54 - May 3 with 1847 viewsDorse

Players To Keep on 09:06 - May 3 by Monkey_Roots

Id like to see Dunne, a confident Dickie, and Field return for next season.

I’d also like to see what Bonner and Richards can do next season, and get Armstrong on a consistent run.

That sounds very good to me. Wonder if Pedder or one of the other faces like, say, Kargbo might get a look too? Pre-season will be interesting.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players To Keep on 10:04 - May 3 with 1834 viewsNorthernr

Players To Keep on 21:28 - May 2 by baz_qpr

I dont necessarily agree there are a number of parallels to 2009/10 Team of to a flyer manager induced implosion 4 managers with Warnock pulling us out of the mire in the last 5 games.

It took half a dozen. inbound in the right positions and shifting a similar amount out as well as Warnock nous to turn the club around.

I think trying to move in or out 10 or more players is a very dangerous game, especially as Warnock did not have transfer windows to contend with at the time.

I obviously hope you're right but there are some pretty major differences.

We were one of the richer teams in the division at that point, certainly one of the bigger payers wages wise and there's no better correlation to league position than the salary bill. We're now one of the division's lower payers and about to get lower still.

Warnock is some manager.

You already had Taarabt (albeit on loan) and Faurlin in the building - the two best players in the division by a thousand million miles.

I think there were transfer windows, but the loan market was a bit of a joke really, if you wanted to make a signing outside the window you just did it, said it was a loan, and then made it permanent next window - which is what we did with Tommy Smith. You can't do that now.

The quality of the intake that summer was insane. Even Rob Hulse, who failed here, was rated as one of the best strikers in the league at Derby. Tommy Smith, Taarabt on a perm, Hill, Derry, Mackie, Kenny, Orr, Kyle Walker. We won't be adding quality like that this time.

Very different world now post Covid, very different transfer market, parachute payments have got bigger and affect the division more.
Players To Keep on 10:15 - May 3 with 1779 viewsdaveB

The ones likely to go are out of contract next summer so last chance to cash in, I think that includes Dykes, Willock, Field and Dunne
Players To Keep on 10:47 - May 3 with 1709 viewshantssi

Players To Keep on 10:04 - May 3 by Northernr

I obviously hope you're right but there are some pretty major differences.

We were one of the richer teams in the division at that point, certainly one of the bigger payers wages wise and there's no better correlation to league position than the salary bill. We're now one of the division's lower payers and about to get lower still.

Warnock is some manager.

You already had Taarabt (albeit on loan) and Faurlin in the building - the two best players in the division by a thousand million miles.

I think there were transfer windows, but the loan market was a bit of a joke really, if you wanted to make a signing outside the window you just did it, said it was a loan, and then made it permanent next window - which is what we did with Tommy Smith. You can't do that now.

The quality of the intake that summer was insane. Even Rob Hulse, who failed here, was rated as one of the best strikers in the league at Derby. Tommy Smith, Taarabt on a perm, Hill, Derry, Mackie, Kenny, Orr, Kyle Walker. We won't be adding quality like that this time.

Very different world now post Covid, very different transfer market, parachute payments have got bigger and affect the division more.

TBF Norf, we ALL whinged at the time about Hill & Derry (over the hill Palace rejects), Mackie who just been relegated to the bottom division with Plymouth and Kenny (Warnocks love child/drugs cheat), how wrong we all were!
Players To Keep on 10:47 - May 3 with 1705 viewsNorthernr

Players To Keep on 10:47 - May 3 by hantssi

TBF Norf, we ALL whinged at the time about Hill & Derry (over the hill Palace rejects), Mackie who just been relegated to the bottom division with Plymouth and Kenny (Warnocks love child/drugs cheat), how wrong we all were!

Yeh absolutely completely hold my hands up to that.
Players To Keep on 11:17 - May 3 with 1655 viewsBAWHoops

I think the parallels are more with Holloway's first summer in 2001 where we rebuilt the whole squad in League 1
He bought in Day, Forbes, DouDou, Bonnot, Barr, Ben-Askar, Palmer and then later Shittu and Gallen whilst promoting Pacquette from reserves and eventually Langley and Carslile got fit again
We shifted
Crouch, Darlington, Kiwomya, Baraclough, Harper, Wardley, Murray, Rowland, Koejoe, Maddix, Scully, Peacock, Miklosko and Morrow

It's all about laying the foundations for what comes next. At the time signing Steve Palmer was dull and certainly not sexy, but he was a cornerstone of the promotion pushes for the next 2 seasons.

Wouldn't surprise me if the first thing Ainsworth does is go out and buy his captain

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Players To Keep on 22:44 - May 3 with 1423 viewsbosh67

I see poor Emma Raducanu has had to have ankle and hand surgery this week. With an injury list like hers she must be an absolute shoe in for next years squad on a 4-year contract?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players To Keep on 00:02 - May 4 with 1334 viewskensalriser

Players To Keep on 20:52 - May 2 by monners1969

I think shodipo wouldn’t be a bad shout - having a good run of appearances at Lincoln and doing well

Never understood the total hate for him

But I can’t see it happening

It could be literally 12 or more in and that scares the hell out of me

Nobody hates him, it's just patently obviously he's not good enough for the Championship.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players To Keep on 02:00 - May 4 with 1298 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Players To Keep on 00:02 - May 4 by kensalriser

Nobody hates him, it's just patently obviously he's not good enough for the Championship.

Indeed. He had many years and countless opportunities to prove himself and failed to make any impact. He's hardly set the world alight in the lower leagues either. Anyone pining for his return needs their head examined.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024