Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report 10:43 - Nov 30 with 7965 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61358
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 16:37 - Nov 30 with 1912 viewsAndybrat

brilliant report, love the TV MC subs story. Clive u do know Michael Gove is a superhoop fan?
As an ex keeper i think u are being harsh on Begovich
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:03 - Nov 30 with 1854 viewsParkRoyalR

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 16:17 - Nov 30 by ManinBlack

To be fair to our hapless team they did win at Deepdale in Critchley's brief tenure but by and large Preston get the better of us.

The win was a relief but I remain sceptical. Had Stoke kept eleven on the pitch, chances are we would not have got back at them as Northern rightly listed the statistics from the past 12 months. I have seen so many false dawns from us to rule out yet another one may have just occurred.

Agree totally on your last point, but am cautiously optimistic that Marti is learning more about his players + the championship + hoping the changes he made the other night will be how he sets up the team going forward, ideally with:

1) Chair in that CAM role in the middle with Willock on the left and Smyth on the right
2) Willock & Smyth playing a bit narrower so can get closer to Dykes and they play as a unit

Hoping return of Cannon t/w Paal (/Larkeche) playing will give Marti the confidence to make those changes made on Tuesday night permanent.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:20 - Nov 30 with 1809 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:03 - Nov 30 by ParkRoyalR

Agree totally on your last point, but am cautiously optimistic that Marti is learning more about his players + the championship + hoping the changes he made the other night will be how he sets up the team going forward, ideally with:

1) Chair in that CAM role in the middle with Willock on the left and Smyth on the right
2) Willock & Smyth playing a bit narrower so can get closer to Dykes and they play as a unit

Hoping return of Cannon t/w Paal (/Larkeche) playing will give Marti the confidence to make those changes made on Tuesday night permanent.

I know you're a big fan of Chair at 10, and I am too. I also like that it would bring him closer on the pitch to Willock.

But the payoff of playing a CAM, two wingers and a striker is that we'd have to go to only two in centre midfield and I cam't see us taking a chance there and it working out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:42 - Nov 30 with 1765 viewsParkRoyalR

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:20 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I know you're a big fan of Chair at 10, and I am too. I also like that it would bring him closer on the pitch to Willock.

But the payoff of playing a CAM, two wingers and a striker is that we'd have to go to only two in centre midfield and I cam't see us taking a chance there and it working out.

Fair point, but with Colback & Field sitting in either side of Chair, and a very decent back 4 with Cannon and Paal/Larkeche at fullback pushing up, think we have the players to make this system work,

Chair is very good at retaining the ball, taking it in tight spaces and turning, and still think this is the missing piece in this teams jigsaw, and he would have given us more possession and control of the ball in the midfield for the first 65 minutes on Tuesday,

Really interesting to see if Marti sticks with Tuesday's Starting XI tomorrow night or makes a few changes.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 18:13 - Nov 30 with 1696 viewsPaddyhoops

Superb report. Joyous scenes in the loft . Watching turgid shite for the best part of a year and then we got that last 25 minutes. Heaven .
Spot on about the obsession with the top six. Got in my freezing cold van for the drive back to Watford and had to listen to Kelly Cates and Chris waddle talking complete bolox in relation to Saudis Arabias concession off a dodgy penalty against Saudis Arabia mark one.
Not a feckin word about the championship games that had taken place.
Pathetic!
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 19:39 - Nov 30 with 1560 viewsLisbonR

Three sides of Loftus Road dissolved in an instant. Hello Dragons, I’m looking for £20,000 for a 10% slice of my enormous erection.

Classic! Great report! Thanks as always, Clive!
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 20:23 - Nov 30 with 1497 viewsPaddyhoops

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:35 - Nov 30 by Northernr

The standing bit absolutely went off after the third and fourth goals, looked amazing from on high.

We’ve been dining on scraps for over a year. Somebody threw us a banquet Tues night and we lapped it up . Exhilarating.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 00:57 - Dec 1 with 1298 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I left your match report to read over dinner after the horrible Shane McGowan news at breakfast and it was wort the wait .
You and your group who follow QPR through thick and thin deserved those last 3 goals scored right in front of all of you so were they stairs goals .
The extra good new is for the first time in probably a year QPR players felt there might be a win for the taking and they were relentless going for it .
Now imagine this intensity going forward not in desperation but regular play under MartI and the winter might not be so demorilizing bleak after all.
Ciaran Clarke used to play for Newcastle and Internationals for ROI he has fallen a long way down the ladder as did Stevens luckily for us
Login to get fewer ads

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 07:50 - Dec 1 with 1203 viewsNorthernr

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 19:39 - Nov 30 by LisbonR

Three sides of Loftus Road dissolved in an instant. Hello Dragons, I’m looking for £20,000 for a 10% slice of my enormous erection.

Classic! Great report! Thanks as always, Clive!

I love your avatar mate.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:05 - Dec 1 with 1115 viewsEsox_Lucius

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 17:42 - Nov 30 by ParkRoyalR

Fair point, but with Colback & Field sitting in either side of Chair, and a very decent back 4 with Cannon and Paal/Larkeche at fullback pushing up, think we have the players to make this system work,

Chair is very good at retaining the ball, taking it in tight spaces and turning, and still think this is the missing piece in this teams jigsaw, and he would have given us more possession and control of the ball in the midfield for the first 65 minutes on Tuesday,

Really interesting to see if Marti sticks with Tuesday's Starting XI tomorrow night or makes a few changes.

Colback is a liability I would rather have EB-D in there as you could be more confident that wouldn't be picking up a needless yellow or red card. Field had a bad game the other night so I will reserve judgement on whether he will be the one going forward this season; it could end up with a Duke-McKenna or Dozzell type player in there who can be more comfortable on the ball, it may even be the season that Bala makes his debut. I think we will know a lot more at the end of January regarding what kind of team we will be watching in May.

The grass is always greener.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:09 - Dec 1 with 1112 viewsBlue_Castello

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 00:57 - Dec 1 by CLAREMAN1995

I left your match report to read over dinner after the horrible Shane McGowan news at breakfast and it was wort the wait .
You and your group who follow QPR through thick and thin deserved those last 3 goals scored right in front of all of you so were they stairs goals .
The extra good new is for the first time in probably a year QPR players felt there might be a win for the taking and they were relentless going for it .
Now imagine this intensity going forward not in desperation but regular play under MartI and the winter might not be so demorilizing bleak after all.
Ciaran Clarke used to play for Newcastle and Internationals for ROI he has fallen a long way down the ladder as did Stevens luckily for us

Very true about the fact you could feel the momentum build as the game progressed, the Dykes goal was crazy and typical him he misses an easy chance and later scores a goal out of nothing which was Premiership class that started the momentum.
It's been a long time since we've seen the team genuinely attack with speed and threat, I'm guessing the players have been just too frightened to over commit to attack and that's always left us without enough bodies in the final third.
The icing on the cake was the fourth goal because in most seasons over the last few years when Kelman won the ball and let Willock take over we would of had a man take the ball into the corner flag but NO Willock desperately wanted to score and that was vintage Chris, let's hope it's given him his old self confidence back and we get that till the end of the season.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:31 - Dec 1 with 1071 viewsgazza1

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:05 - Dec 1 by Esox_Lucius

Colback is a liability I would rather have EB-D in there as you could be more confident that wouldn't be picking up a needless yellow or red card. Field had a bad game the other night so I will reserve judgement on whether he will be the one going forward this season; it could end up with a Duke-McKenna or Dozzell type player in there who can be more comfortable on the ball, it may even be the season that Bala makes his debut. I think we will know a lot more at the end of January regarding what kind of team we will be watching in May.

Colback & Field will be our centre midfield players because they are best suited that way. Colback is decent, does a lot of work that goes unnoticed by many (like you) and Field does a lot of very tidy defensive like in the first half when he cleared a near certain goal & getting little tackles in all the time & plays little 5/10 yard passes - he must be a right pain to play against because he is always busy for 90 minutes & in the oppo's faces. Two players who want to win. Ridiculous to compare Duke-McKenna or Dozzell with Colback & Field - we would be beaten easily every week.

As for Larkache who is getting raves about his efforts on Tuesday, please do not forget his full debut a few weeks ago. He is a squad member for the time being. Paal is our best 'footballer' in the team.

And whilst talking about players......Chair in no central midfield player (not the way he plays), he would get murdered playing there and doing all his tricks, he needs space and time. In the middle he will be shut down by proper defensive type players, probably two of them as well who will hit him where it hurts.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 9:34]
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:49 - Dec 1 with 1030 viewsTheChef

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:04 - Nov 30 by GaryBannister86

Don't agree, it may have been well placed but it was going so slowly that if he wasn't so old, Rejectovic would have had a chance to dial in his latest contribution to the Chelsea podcast AND do an advert for his soccer school before moving his feet and gathering it comfortably.

Why does this mercenary get such a free ride? I don't get it. He's not even a good keeper, never has been, and is a Chelsea reject.

He loves you too

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 10:24 - Dec 1 with 959 viewsAntti_Heinola

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:09 - Dec 1 by Blue_Castello

Very true about the fact you could feel the momentum build as the game progressed, the Dykes goal was crazy and typical him he misses an easy chance and later scores a goal out of nothing which was Premiership class that started the momentum.
It's been a long time since we've seen the team genuinely attack with speed and threat, I'm guessing the players have been just too frightened to over commit to attack and that's always left us without enough bodies in the final third.
The icing on the cake was the fourth goal because in most seasons over the last few years when Kelman won the ball and let Willock take over we would of had a man take the ball into the corner flag but NO Willock desperately wanted to score and that was vintage Chris, let's hope it's given him his old self confidence back and we get that till the end of the season.

Little note on that fourth goal. Did anyone watch the video of the end of game celebrations? I'm sure Kelman goes up to Willock and says 'I was going to kill you!' I thought the same at the time, that he needed to slip Kelman in, but in the end Stoke backed off so much he just swept it in himself.

Bare bones.

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 10:47 - Dec 1 with 917 viewsNorthernr

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 10:24 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

Little note on that fourth goal. Did anyone watch the video of the end of game celebrations? I'm sure Kelman goes up to Willock and says 'I was going to kill you!' I thought the same at the time, that he needed to slip Kelman in, but in the end Stoke backed off so much he just swept it in himself.

Stoke made that choice for him. How on earth so you sign 19 players in a transfer window and still end up with a defence like that?
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 10:50 - Dec 1 with 915 viewsterryb

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 10:24 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

I was screaming for Willock to play Kelman in, but I definitely forgave him when the ball hit the net!
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 906 viewsPhilmyRs

Enjoyable report to read - not too much to add. Liked the Manager's passion during the game and brave substitutions, definite improvement on previous managers there. Agree with those that thought Collback played well. Watched back some of the game and quite a few bits he did very well that went unnoticed but were really important for us. Would certainly be in my first eleven.

Kakay, Dunnne, Smyth, and to a much smaller extent Dixon Bonner, seem the most unsuited players to the style of football the Manager wants to play. Kakay and Smyth's ability to find an opposition player with the ball I can tell is, and will grate on the Manager, while Jimmy D is just having a very hard time at the moment, a bit like Dickie last year and pretty clear JCS is probably our best defender when fit alongside Cook so that may be contributing to his nervousness on the pitch.

Would add with Smyth that his directness and speed is definitely a plus and adds something different to the team, if he can just add a bit more quality with the final ball he could win the Manager over. There was one bit first half were it was bums off seats stuff as he skimmed his man. If he can keep his ball retention levels up and still make 2 or 3 explosive darts per game and find a Rangers shirt, he'll be decent.

Dixon I like and think his energy, especially away from home will make a real difference, he just needs to add a more consistent passing game and positionally improve but he is inexperienced and definitely has some lovely bits of skill which show he can play.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:46 - Dec 1 with 883 viewsBklynRanger

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 12:31 - Nov 30 by FredManRave

Here's a rating I doubt anybody will disagree with.

Whittingham 10.

That's the Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick of Match Reports.

A Fcuking Masterpiece.

Thanks Clive.

Yeah that had a well deserved swagger to it
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:53 - Dec 1 with 879 viewsGaryBannister86

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:49 - Dec 1 by TheChef

He loves you too

I am enjoying my down votes, I know I am in a minority.

I (believe it or not) just don't like him. He always annoyed me at his other clubs, never thought his footwork was good enough....and I miss Seny. He was ours and a darn good keeper.

My free pass comment is how people can put up with our captain (is he still? Should be Cook) spending time on other club's podcasts. Even worse, Chelsea's.

But - keep the ball out of our net tonight and I may warm to him . Slightly.
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 13:11 - Dec 1 with 797 viewsderbyhoop

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 15:07 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, Antti and Clive. Maybe I'm getting soft in my dotage.

It looked quicker on the stream. Joni Mitchell speed?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 14:25 - Dec 1 with 732 viewsCLAREMAN1995

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 11:53 - Dec 1 by GaryBannister86

I am enjoying my down votes, I know I am in a minority.

I (believe it or not) just don't like him. He always annoyed me at his other clubs, never thought his footwork was good enough....and I miss Seny. He was ours and a darn good keeper.

My free pass comment is how people can put up with our captain (is he still? Should be Cook) spending time on other club's podcasts. Even worse, Chelsea's.

But - keep the ball out of our net tonight and I may warm to him . Slightly.

Not going to dispute your dislike for him but he has been pretty solid for us apart from a few mistakes and Seny had multiple error as did every other QPR keeper you can name .
Lost in the constant debate about his footskills is his ability to roll/throw the ball out and has started multiple quick breaks last few games .
I think Marti figured out his weakness and has turned it around by having him release the ball right away .How many times has he booted the ball aimless under him not close to the GA rubbish it looks like to me.
He is pretty durable also lets keep him upright while we make our run to safety
A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 721 viewsParkRoyalR

A Ben Pearson own goal – Report on 09:31 - Dec 1 by gazza1

Colback & Field will be our centre midfield players because they are best suited that way. Colback is decent, does a lot of work that goes unnoticed by many (like you) and Field does a lot of very tidy defensive like in the first half when he cleared a near certain goal & getting little tackles in all the time & plays little 5/10 yard passes - he must be a right pain to play against because he is always busy for 90 minutes & in the oppo's faces. Two players who want to win. Ridiculous to compare Duke-McKenna or Dozzell with Colback & Field - we would be beaten easily every week.

As for Larkache who is getting raves about his efforts on Tuesday, please do not forget his full debut a few weeks ago. He is a squad member for the time being. Paal is our best 'footballer' in the team.

And whilst talking about players......Chair in no central midfield player (not the way he plays), he would get murdered playing there and doing all his tricks, he needs space and time. In the middle he will be shut down by proper defensive type players, probably two of them as well who will hit him where it hurts.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 9:34]

Gazza,

Agree with you on Colback & field as being our two midfield anchors, two experienced professionals who can bring some defensive control to the right and left side our midfield,

These two if they play that 4-2-3-1 holding midfield role on each side will allow Cannon & Paal to push up and give the team some width like they did in last 20 minutes against Stoke (albeit against 10 men),

Stoke's no 22 (Korean lad) seemed to play that advanced Central Midfield role where he found space between our Back 4 and Midfield and continually ran across the line looking to play that incisive pass inside our full-backs and turning our CB's,

I believe Chair has all the attributes to play a similar role to their 22 and as long as he moves the ball early (like he did for Cook's chance with a brilliant 1st time cross with his weaker foot rather than delay the pass as he did for Smyth's chance),

Otherwise I feel with Willock not being the Willock of old and Smyth being high-energy but maybe not have the composure needed at the key moments, I just cannot see us creating anymore than the 1 or 2 per game we have been creating all year, and that won't keep us up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024