Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze for England! 11:34 - May 21 with 45751 viewswortonr

According to the BBC he’s in! Excellent for us but how much do we get if he starts? ( which surely will happen in a pre tournament game)
Eze for England! on 14:34 - Jun 7 with 4282 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Eze for England! on 14:10 - Jun 7 by gazza1

Bowen is not top international class.....how he picks him ahead of JG only Southgate knows.

JG is fit and ready to go after limited game time this season with one of the best club sides in the world.....utter madness from Southgate which is what can be expected unfortunately.

I like Shaw but he has not played for weeks and weeks but he still picks him......very strange indeed.

Bowen has played 3,842 minutes of football this season. 20 goals, 10 assists.

Grealish 2,114 minutes. 3 goals, 3 assists.

West Ham scored 60 league goals vs Man City’s 96.

Bowen was involved in a goal every 128 minutes in a team that scored less than two thirds as many league goals as City. Grealish was involved in a goal every 352 minutes.

The argument for selecting Grealish over Bowen is now seemingly ‘he hasn’t played so much so he’s more fresh.’ By that logic you could make a semi serious claim that Mason Mount should have been picked ahead of Ebere Eze.

For years and years England managers have been criticised for picking players on reputations rather than form. Whatever you think of Southgate he has always picked on what he sees not who he sees, yet he gets stick for that too.

The determination to dislike Southgate from large swathes of football fans kind of mystifies me. He’s always delivered and pretty much always come unstuck at tournaments at the same point every other England manager has in history. He’s encouraged and demanded a progression of our shape and style. He’s picked unheralded, inexperienced, in-form players again and again. He’s made big calls consistently by leaving out the likes of Alli, Rashford, Henderson, Grealish etc etc. He’s also a credit to himself and our country with his demeanour and class.

I find the hatred completely bizarre. He picked us up from the Icelandic floor and immediately pivoted into the most successful sustained period we’ve ever had. I’m pretty convinced we’ll regress under the next manager and we’ll be pining for the Southgate years soon enough.
[Post edited 7 Jun 14:35]
Eze for England! on 14:35 - Jun 7 with 4280 viewsTK1

Eze for England! on 11:56 - Jun 7 by Antti_Heinola

Has he? Haven't been watching all games for both teams, but Saka was picking up fantasy points pretty much every week - his product is exceptional - although Gordon's also been v good this season. I think Saka is nailed on, but we'll see!

Almost every team is knocked out by the first decent team they play. That's how tournament football generally works. That criticism is so overplayed. Denmark were superb in the last Euros, but when we beat them it was all 'well, they're tired now'. When we smashed Germany to little bits it was 'well, they're not very good, so it doesn't count'. Bores me to tears.

You're right. Saka's been brilliant all season - carrying an injury last two weeks but the idea that there's a team in the country who'd rather have Gordon than Saka at any point this season is for the birds. He's the best right-sided player in the country. Last season: 35 games, 16 goals, nine assists from right wing, aged 22. Gordon is a year older (who can forget his birthday?), played same number, scored eleven times. A very good player but not in Saka's class and certainly not "flying over Saka".

If anything, Gordon trailed off a bit and Saka was MOM against Spurs away and Bournemouth (scoring in both), then got injured in penultimate game away at Man U (while playing very well). If anything, he's underrated. As important to the England team as Foden and Bellingham. All three are must-starts, along with Kane: they're our world-class players, not Anthony Gordon, God bless him (nor Eze or Grealish). Then it's whether Southgate wants another attacker or picks a two behind in deeper midfield.
Eze for England! on 14:39 - Jun 7 with 4193 viewsgazza1

Bowen is very average on the international stage (different level to the Premier League) and would not get a 'sniff' near the Man City team - 100%. If he was he would not be at West Ham.

If Bowen gets a start or even a subs appearance then we, England, will be struggling proper badly.
Eze for England! on 14:51 - Jun 7 with 4147 viewsngbqpr

Eze for England! on 14:34 - Jun 7 by Padulas_Shampoo

Bowen was involved in a goal every 128 minutes in a team that scored less than two thirds as many league goals as City. Grealish was involved in a goal every 352 minutes.

The argument for selecting Grealish over Bowen is now seemingly ‘he hasn’t played so much so he’s more fresh.’ By that logic you could make a semi serious claim that Mason Mount should have been picked ahead of Ebere Eze.

For years and years England managers have been criticised for picking players on reputations rather than form. Whatever you think of Southgate he has always picked on what he sees not who he sees, yet he gets stick for that too.

The determination to dislike Southgate from large swathes of football fans kind of mystifies me. He’s always delivered and pretty much always come unstuck at tournaments at the same point every other England manager has in history. He’s encouraged and demanded a progression of our shape and style. He’s picked unheralded, inexperienced, in-form players again and again. He’s made big calls consistently by leaving out the likes of Alli, Rashford, Henderson, Grealish etc etc. He’s also a credit to himself and our country with his demeanour and class.

I find the hatred completely bizarre. He picked us up from the Icelandic floor and immediately pivoted into the most successful sustained period we’ve ever had. I’m pretty convinced we’ll regress under the next manager and we’ll be pining for the Southgate years soon enough.

With you 100% PS.

He's also created a spirit in the squad we haven't had in years, players want to be called up, they all enjoy it when they get there, and club rivalries are put to one side.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze for England! on 15:55 - Jun 7 with 3968 viewsMatch82

Eze for England! on 14:34 - Jun 7 by Padulas_Shampoo

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Except for the coming unstuck at tournaments part, I'd argue he's gone well beyond most managers from the past
Eze for England! on 16:13 - Jun 7 with 3891 viewseastside_r

Eze for England! on 13:30 - Jun 7 by Paddyhoops

I admit to having a soft spot for Grealish .
That Friday we beat Villa . He was getting dogs abuse.
The cry of “ You’re just a shit Joey Essex “ went up and fair play to him he saw the funny side and applauded R block .
They’re are quiet a few friends in Ireland who are chuffed he’s not going mind.
I think he’s a fine player. I can see him moving soon to get game time.

I like Grealish too but more the way and position he played at Villa. Obviously there's all the medals etc. at City but I don't think it has suited his development moving him out to the left.

I see him as a proper roaming no. 10, but he's probably not good enough to play that at the very top i.e. City.

On current form I wouldn't pick him and I was shouting out for him big style at the last Euros, where Southgate missed a trick IMO.

Also I saw Ebere described this week as a 'left-winger' I hope he similarly doesn't get pigeon-holed into that wide left position. To be fair to Palace they have played him in various attacking position and formations.
Eze for England! on 17:44 - Jun 7 with 3709 viewspaulparker

Eze for England! on 00:10 - Jun 7 by Hunterhoop

I’m sure PP is big enough to say “fair enough” when he reads this! 😉

Besides, Eze is one of ours and I really don’t think it was Grealish over Eze. Southgate picked Gordon over Grealish IMO.

I think Eze will get game time this Euros. I think he’s down as Foden’s back up on the left.

Eze is a good player but taking off the QPR rose tinted specs is no where near the level or has the experience of Grealish
If your asking me who I would rather bring on to make things happen, win free kicks etc then it’s Grealish all day everyday
Not a fan of this squad at all, some really poor selections especially at the back and with trippier playing lb , can’t see us getting beyond the Quarter finals

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze for England! on 17:48 - Jun 7 with 3701 viewspaulparker

Eze for England! on 10:03 - Jun 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This.

Most of these players going into a tournament with a lot of momentum behind them which has been missing previously.

Also (I hope I don't jinx it) few injuries.

So how can Southgate explain the momentum of Toney, Dunk, Trippier , Ramsdale , all have had poor seasons and in ramsdales case not kicked a ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Eze for England! on 18:03 - Jun 7 with 3692 viewsMedwayR

Sami Mokbel (sorry, Daily Mail link) reporting that Eze has a release clause of £60m (plus £8m in variables?) which would be a nice windfall for us.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13505223/Eberechi-Eze-release

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze for England! on 18:27 - Jun 7 with 3633 viewsMaggsinho

Eze for England! on 17:48 - Jun 7 by paulparker

So how can Southgate explain the momentum of Toney, Dunk, Trippier , Ramsdale , all have had poor seasons and in ramsdales case not kicked a ball

Toney is there for a penalty shootout, Trippier for his versatility and Ramsdale is unlikely to play.

I would have preferred Branthwaite over Dunk but can’t argue with the rest really
Eze for England! on 19:10 - Jun 7 with 3552 viewslassel

Gordon starts again with what looks (minus Bellingham) to be the likely starting 11.
Eze for England! on 04:07 - Jun 8 with 3297 viewsSydneyRs

Eze for England! on 14:39 - Jun 7 by gazza1

Bowen is very average on the international stage (different level to the Premier League) and would not get a 'sniff' near the Man City team - 100%. If he was he would not be at West Ham.

If Bowen gets a start or even a subs appearance then we, England, will be struggling proper badly.

I would argue the premier league, or certainly the top half of it, is a higher level than international football where it isn't possible to simply buy a strong team from various countries.
Eze for England! on 14:52 - Jun 8 with 2899 viewsTK1

Eze for England! on 12:12 - Jun 7 by daveB

Man City regularly get knocked out of the Champions League by the first good team they play and Pep is a genius apparently

They did win the Champions League last year. Pep's third Champions League - he's won some other things too.

Southgate just has to win one thing once and he too would be a genius.

Pep wins the lot with the same players, I think.
Eze for England! on 21:03 - Jun 26 with 2246 viewsHooparoo

BBC saying again that Spurs are in for Eze and will pay out his release clause. Was it 60m? Nice little chunk of cash for us if true. From what I know of Ange, Ebs is definitely a Postecoglou type player - fast, skilful and technical.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Eze for England! on 21:30 - Jun 26 with 2085 viewsBluce_Ree

Eze for England! on 21:03 - Jun 26 by Hooparoo

BBC saying again that Spurs are in for Eze and will pay out his release clause. Was it 60m? Nice little chunk of cash for us if true. From what I know of Ange, Ebs is definitely a Postecoglou type player - fast, skilful and technical.

Well, he will be well rested for the start of the season.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Eze for England! on 22:59 - Jun 26 with 1874 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That would help sell tickets for the friendly game it would be a beautiful sight Eze playing against QPR then coming over after the game to our fans
Eze for England! on 23:37 - Jun 26 with 1769 viewsnumptydumpty

Seen Arsenal and Chelsea mentioned too. Don't believe any speculation until it's done. Most of it is rubbish

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Eze for England! on 00:26 - Jun 27 with 1668 viewsBluce_Ree

Eze for England! on 22:59 - Jun 26 by CLAREMAN1995

That would help sell tickets for the friendly game it would be a beautiful sight Eze playing against QPR then coming over after the game to our fans

Not into it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Eze for England! on 01:18 - Jun 27 with 1620 viewsE17hoop

As I said earlier on this thread, the only place he's going this summer is Spurs.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Eze for England! on 07:29 - Jun 27 with 1328 viewsLandshark

Eze for England! on 01:18 - Jun 27 by E17hoop

As I said earlier on this thread, the only place he's going this summer is Spurs.

I've said the same thing for a couple of years. I don't know why but I've always seen Eze as an ideal player for Spurs.
Eze for England! on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 1050 viewsTheChef

Eze for England! on 07:29 - Jun 27 by Landshark

I've said the same thing for a couple of years. I don't know why but I've always seen Eze as an ideal player for Spurs.

Yeah but I wouldn't wish Spurs on anyone.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze for England! on 09:37 - Jun 27 with 1031 viewsBklynRanger

The release clause seems to have become more accepted now, was that ever from a credible source?
Eze for England! on 05:42 - Jun 28 with 575 viewsGroveR

Eze for England! on 09:33 - Jun 27 by TheChef

Yeah but I wouldn't wish Spurs on anyone.

Come now, it's not like they've got form hoovering-up talented young English players so no-one else can, stack-ranking them in the reserves while they persist with underachieving Brazilian and Egyptian mediocrities in the first team, and then punting them out on loan to Stevenage and Orient.
Eze for England! on 09:55 - Jun 28 with 386 viewsTheChef

Hate to say it but I'm not sure we'll see much more of Eze in this tournament.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze for England! on 10:39 - Jun 28 with 311 viewsE17hoop

Eze for England! on 05:42 - Jun 28 by GroveR

Come now, it's not like they've got form hoovering-up talented young English players so no-one else can, stack-ranking them in the reserves while they persist with underachieving Brazilian and Egyptian mediocrities in the first team, and then punting them out on loan to Stevenage and Orient.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024