Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze for England! 11:34 - May 21 with 45750 viewswortonr

According to the BBC he’s in! Excellent for us but how much do we get if he starts? ( which surely will happen in a pre tournament game)
Eze for England! on 21:33 - Jun 3 with 3248 viewsGaryBannister86

Eze for England! on 21:29 - Jun 3 by daveB

don't buy that at all, if anything will cost him it was that he was part of a quite lethargic first half, that and he's up against some really good players in the same position. Southgate is cautious as every manager is but the slow build up is usually due to the opposition putting everyone behind the ball so very little space to play in and first half we had no width at all with Eze, Bowen and Palmer all wanting to come inside

Agree. I suspect Southgate will leave him out just due to the embarrassment of riches in every attacking position.

Which would be sad for those of us who love Ebs, but on the other hand, he would be unlikely to play much in the Euros anyway, it makes him less likely to pick up an injury, and more likely he will think he needs to move from Palace.

Probably.
[Post edited 3 Jun 21:33]
Eze for England! on 21:39 - Jun 3 with 3136 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England are a machine. Remind me of Germany 2002.

Can only be a good thing.
Eze for England! on 21:39 - Jun 3 with 3136 viewsJamesB1979

Obviously biased but for me he has to be part of the squad for exactly reason he was the best player in 1st half. When it’s a slow game, he can provide the difference. I don’t understand why he gets taken off for Grealish. Hes seen Grealish play. Give Eze more of a chance.
Eze for England! on 21:55 - Jun 3 with 2915 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 21:39 - Jun 3 by JamesB1979

Obviously biased but for me he has to be part of the squad for exactly reason he was the best player in 1st half. When it’s a slow game, he can provide the difference. I don’t understand why he gets taken off for Grealish. Hes seen Grealish play. Give Eze more of a chance.

Grealish hasn't played much lately and then made the second goal and helped set up the 3rd. Thought he was really good

So hard to get in this squad, Eze is up against Palmer, Gordon, Grealish and Foden. I think him and Bowen may miss out this time
[Post edited 3 Jun 21:58]
Eze for England! on 22:06 - Jun 3 with 2807 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 21:33 - Jun 3 by GaryBannister86

Agree. I suspect Southgate will leave him out just due to the embarrassment of riches in every attacking position.

Which would be sad for those of us who love Ebs, but on the other hand, he would be unlikely to play much in the Euros anyway, it makes him less likely to pick up an injury, and more likely he will think he needs to move from Palace.

Probably.
[Post edited 3 Jun 21:33]

He should make it based on that. Offers something different, easily our best player first half.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 22:15 - Jun 3 with 2707 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 22:06 - Jun 3 by Antti_Heinola

He should make it based on that. Offers something different, easily our best player first half.

I think he might miss out, Grealish looked good and Gordon gives us the option to play as an out and out winger and can play up front. Just so many options and that left back issue means that Gomez probably gets in the squad as an extra defender

Even if he goes I doubt he'll play, Wharton was the one tonight who impressed the most.
Would start him with Rice and TAA in midfield on Friday
Eze for England! on 22:20 - Jun 3 with 2654 viewsaston_hoop

Wharton is proving to be a bit of a revelation. Exactly the kind of central midfielder England have been crying out for

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eze for England! on 22:49 - Jun 3 with 2449 viewsHAYESBOY

I think Eze is on the plane. Think Bowen is in danger of not going. Unfortunately I think Wharton will not go either.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Eze for England! on 23:04 - Jun 3 with 2353 viewsfraserc

BBC has Eze as man of the match. That's got to help, hasn't it?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/live/ck5544lk7j3t
[Post edited 3 Jun 23:05]
Eze for England! on 23:11 - Jun 3 with 2329 viewsnumptydumpty

I think Eze could have done with longer on the pitch

He was reasonable but not done enough yet

Grealish proved what he can do coming on and perhaps his little cameo has pushed him ahead of Eze.

Palmer likewise wasn't amazing

Bowen and Gallagher improved towards the end. Gordon not in the frame.

Think Watkins did not promote his cause either. Likewise Maddison.

Only Trent I feel of the either ors has booked his seat.

Perhaps Ivan Toney has backed himself not to be in the final twenty six.
[Post edited 3 Jun 23:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Eze for England! on 23:39 - Jun 3 with 2228 views100percent

The seven that get dropped from the squad for me.....

henderson
quansah - gallagher - jones -
maddison - shaw (Injury)- bowen
[Post edited 3 Jun 23:43]
Eze for England! on 23:50 - Jun 3 with 2176 viewsconnell10

Eze for England! on 22:15 - Jun 3 by daveB

I think he might miss out, Grealish looked good and Gordon gives us the option to play as an out and out winger and can play up front. Just so many options and that left back issue means that Gomez probably gets in the squad as an extra defender

Even if he goes I doubt he'll play, Wharton was the one tonight who impressed the most.
Would start him with Rice and TAA in midfield on Friday

I think Grealish will left out, doesn't score goals .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze for England! on 00:02 - Jun 4 with 2137 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 23:39 - Jun 3 by 100percent

The seven that get dropped from the squad for me.....

henderson
quansah - gallagher - jones -
maddison - shaw (Injury)- bowen
[Post edited 3 Jun 23:43]

Shaw will go and think Trafford will be the keeper to be left out
I think Gallagher will go as well as back up to Rice

I think the 7 will be Trafford, Dunk, Branthwaite, Quansah, Jones, Eze or Gordon, Toney,

A lot depends on injuries though
Eze for England! on 00:03 - Jun 4 with 2134 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 23:50 - Jun 3 by connell10

He was going to be left out he wouldn't be in this squad same as Henderson, Rashford etc
He did well when he came on, he'll make the squad.
Eze for England! on 00:43 - Jun 4 with 2051 viewsLazyFan

This ...

Eze can score goals out of nowhere, and if you are slack and leave him free in the last third, he will punish you badly. He also can race upfield for breakaways, whereas the very talented Grealish, who I have always rated, slows it down.

But remember, this is Southgate, the manager who picked Mason Mount ahead of Foden, Bellingham, Grealish, Saka, Rashford, Maddison, Cole and Eze. Mount!
Mount who cannot even get in the Manure team!

In Southgash we do not trust.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze for England! on 02:41 - Jun 4 with 1932 viewsHAYESBOY

I think the 7 to miss out will be:

Trafford
Shaw (what a waste of a spot)
Dunk
Wharton
Jones
Bowen
Maddison

You cannot go into a tournament with only 2 number 9's, so Toney and Watkins go.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Eze for England! on 08:16 - Jun 4 with 1497 viewsdmm

Eze MotM on the BBC and Guardian websites, and some great compliments were made about him such as Leon Osman saying: "Eze is unique. He can glide with the ball and he can beat four players at a time. There are not many players that can do that, they are the types of players you need to unlock the door."

I think Eze has put himself on the plane, so to speak, but I am very biased. Even if he's not a starter, bringing him on for the last 20 minutes in a tight game would be a better option than most if not all others.
Eze for England! on 08:30 - Jun 4 with 1437 viewssdm1508

Eze for England! on 21:39 - Jun 3 by JamesB1979

It's typical Southgate. Plays the same players all the time. Kane in stupid friendlies. Everyone know what he offers. Try some other options. If Kane got injured first game, then know other player has those important international minutes. Same with Pickford. Play someone else, see how they handle it. Pickford is steady for England. For every good save he makes, there is a mistake around the corner too
Eze for England! on 08:35 - Jun 4 with 1404 viewssdm1508

Pep has coached out the very thing that made Grealish unique and different.
Eze for England! on 08:38 - Jun 4 with 1390 viewsTheChef

Grealish will go as he's a Southgate loyalist.

Really not sure who gets left out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze for England! on 08:44 - Jun 4 with 1366 viewsconnell10

Eze for England! on 00:03 - Jun 4 by daveB

He was going to be left out he wouldn't be in this squad same as Henderson, Rashford etc
He did well when he came on, he'll make the squad.

Mate how many goals and assists does he have compared to Eze this season? I rest my case.

Eze for England! on 08:47 - Jun 4 with 1330 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze for England! on 08:30 - Jun 4 by sdm1508

It's typical Southgate. Plays the same players all the time. Kane in stupid friendlies. Everyone know what he offers. Try some other options. If Kane got injured first game, then know other player has those important international minutes. Same with Pickford. Play someone else, see how they handle it. Pickford is steady for England. For every good save he makes, there is a mistake around the corner too

Yes why was Toney not coming on for Watkins

Kane coming on in this warm up bit ridiculous. Appreciate he needs some minutes but Toney needs a run out otherwise why is there ?

Southgate needs a look at Toney. Is he injured ??

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Eze for England! on 08:51 - Jun 4 with 1312 viewsswitchingcode

Eze for England! on 02:41 - Jun 4 by HAYESBOY

Trafford
Dunk
Wharton
Jones
Bowen
Maddison

You cannot go into a tournament with only 2 number 9's, so Toney and Watkins go.

Eze was by far the best player on the field dispite coming off early.Hopefully Southgate had seen enough to convince him he’s in the final squad.Obviously not a starter but as the tournament goes on he could be the ace up our sleeve as he was the only player who actually took players on.Think Watkins could still get the nod although not great last night he didn’t get much support and expect Toney will also go even though he finished the season in poor form.
Eze for England! on 08:51 - Jun 4 with 1311 viewsconnell10

Eze for England! on 08:47 - Jun 4 by numptydumpty

Yes why was Toney not coming on for Watkins

Kane coming on in this warm up bit ridiculous. Appreciate he needs some minutes but Toney needs a run out otherwise why is there ?

Southgate needs a look at Toney. Is he injured ??

Probadly still in the betting shop.

Eze for England! on 09:03 - Jun 4 with 1231 viewsMaggsinho

Eze for England! on 02:41 - Jun 4 by HAYESBOY

Trafford
Dunk
Wharton
Jones
Bowen
Maddison

I think Wharton played himself into the squad last night and he seems to like Bowen so think he'll go too.

Shaw will probably go in the hope he'll be fit for the later stages
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024