Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze for England! 11:34 - May 21 with 45753 viewswortonr

According to the BBC he’s in! Excellent for us but how much do we get if he starts? ( which surely will happen in a pre tournament game)
Eze for England! on 11:50 - May 29 with 3693 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze for England! on 11:16 - May 29 by Landshark

I've seen someone mention before that it does but that could just be hearsay. The international clause might not even exist.

Well it does because Hoos said so, and said that the significant wedge came with an England start.

Bare bones.

Eze for England! on 12:22 - May 29 with 3529 viewsNorthernr

Eze for England! on 11:16 - May 29 by Landshark

I've seen someone mention before that it does but that could just be hearsay. The international clause might not even exist.

Hoos said we need him to start, mind you he didn't say if friendlies count.
Eze for England! on 12:29 - May 29 with 3474 viewsHoopsie

Eze for England! on 23:47 - May 28 by lightwaterhoop

Is this a Crystal Palace supporters MB? because that what it looks like these days.Do you think Palace fans rave about any of our players past or present? i doubt it.Lets just forget about Eze,,as Rangers legends go he's not in the top 75.

It is important to note Eze had his watershed year at QPR, we are the club that got him in after a few rejections from other clubs and polished him to a point where he went on to do bigger things

That is a connection not to be understated. Fact that the fans and the player have a genuine connection speaks volumes. He still is and will always be a special player to QPR.
[Post edited 29 May 12:46]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Eze for England! on 12:36 - May 29 with 3435 viewsE15Hoop

Is this a Crystal Palace supporters MB? because that what it looks like these days.Do you think Palace fans rave about any of our players past or present? i doubt it.Lets just forget about Eze,,as Rangers legends go he's not in the top 75.

This is so far off the mark, I find it hard to believe that you took the time to post such utter and complete garbage!

One of the things that I'm most proud of in supporting our relatively tinpot outfit is that we're generally proud of the achievements that our ex-players and managers go on to have. Its also one of the reasons that they still talk fondly about us, years after they've gone on to bigger and supposedly better things.
Eze for England! on 13:16 - May 29 with 3272 viewsSuperhoops2808

Eze for England! on 23:33 - May 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Eze is 26 and in the prime of his career now, not two years away. If Southgate picks on form then he’s way ahead of Grealish and Maddison and offers more flair and creativity than Bowen.
Just hope Southgate plays him from the start in the friendlies and Eze shows why he has to be in the squad, not just give him 20 minutes.

Only just seen this Ned and I 100% agree with you - But, this is Southgate we are talking about and he is not renowned for a) gambles and b) breaking away from what he knows.

I hope that you get a 'told you so' moment, but knowing Southgate I fear the worst.
Eze for England! on 13:23 - May 29 with 3198 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eze for England! on 13:16 - May 29 by Superhoops2808

Only just seen this Ned and I 100% agree with you - But, this is Southgate we are talking about and he is not renowned for a) gambles and b) breaking away from what he knows.

I hope that you get a 'told you so' moment, but knowing Southgate I fear the worst.

Don’t rate the bloke at all but he HAS dropped Henderson, Rashford and Phillips so maybe he’s finally seen the light! We will soon find out.
Eze for England! on 13:44 - May 29 with 3120 viewsTheChef

Eze for England! on 10:56 - May 29 by RBlock

I disagree, I don't mind Gallagher starting. He's had a good season for them lot, brings a fair bit of grit and energy to that midfield. It allows Jude to operate in the no.10 position where he's been one of the top 3 players in the world for Madrid. I wouldn't mind Trent in that deep role, depending on the opposition, or Mainoo. I like Wharton, but just a bit too early for him.

Yeah yeah yeah but he plays for the scum and is clearly shaping up to be the new Mason Mount, as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze for England! on 14:30 - May 29 with 2966 viewsnumptydumpty

Good grief !

What a post !

You are either drunk, had a bad day at the office or a moody teenager !

He is a model professional who has improved year on year, was superb for us and it's great seeing him perform at the highest level.

The thread supports the man not the club he is at currently.

We took a punt on him when others would not and expert loans and superb improvements during his playing time with us; he has made us a lot of money and still there is a great possibility that he will earn us a heck of a lot more.

Yes he is no longer at QPR but no one these days is naive enough to believe any player who is progressing is going to stay with ourselves, as we are at this moment in time.

It's no longer the 70s and 80s.

Different marketplace.

He is a nice guy with it also.

Let's all.despise the guy and throw rotten cabbages at him though. He left the club. JUDAS !! 🤣

Anyhow hopefully you can see your post was a tad childish and ridiculous though.

He still could earn us up to another £20 million more.

I guess if you have done that also, then at least you could come at that from that standpoint but just a wild guess don't think you would have done !!!

And yes also, I have zero affiliation with Crystal Palace..
[Post edited 29 May 14:48]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Eze for England! on 14:34 - May 29 with 2932 viewsWatford_Ranger

Eze for England! on 16:44 - May 21 by Petros

Eze's recent burst of form may have put him ahead of Grealish (not playing much, overshadowed by Doku) and Maddison (hasn't recovered pre-injury form).

There’s probably an exception to the rule I’m missing but City players don’t tend to play well for England. Foden is a wonderful player but rarely seems to be at the same level for England (off a small sample size) and Grealish seems to be having the flair coached out of him. When Sterling was doing well for them you wouldn’t see it a lot for England.

Walker I guess but then he’s quite un-Guardiola for a Guardiola team.
Eze for England! on 15:56 - May 29 with 2745 viewsStainrod

Agree Eze a very likeable guy and that very rare beats in football - a decent human being. I also cheer him on and hope he has a successful career (mainly because I want QPR to benefit but also because I genuinely want him to do well as an individual).

But where the earlier poster did have a point, surely, is Eze is FAIRLY low down in any list of QPR legends unless you are a relatively new/ young supporter - partly due to time played for us in the first team, the division he played in, the impact having him in the team made etc. Plus whilst we might be tin pot its a very recent view of history to regard Palace as a stratospherically bigger and better club. Sure, at the moment they are streets ahead of us but its less than 15 years ago we played them off the park at their place in the Adel promotion year, and under Venners they were our feeder club.

They might well establish themselves in the Premiership - but things can change pretty quickly in football. Leicester probably thought they were an established Prem side but got relegated.

But on the main point I make you guys right - hope very much to be cheering Eze on this summer for England.
[Post edited 29 May 15:57]
Eze for England! on 16:25 - May 29 with 2666 viewsNorthernr

Eze for England! on 15:56 - May 29 by Stainrod

Agree Eze a very likeable guy and that very rare beats in football - a decent human being. I also cheer him on and hope he has a successful career (mainly because I want QPR to benefit but also because I genuinely want him to do well as an individual).

But where the earlier poster did have a point, surely, is Eze is FAIRLY low down in any list of QPR legends unless you are a relatively new/ young supporter - partly due to time played for us in the first team, the division he played in, the impact having him in the team made etc. Plus whilst we might be tin pot its a very recent view of history to regard Palace as a stratospherically bigger and better club. Sure, at the moment they are streets ahead of us but its less than 15 years ago we played them off the park at their place in the Adel promotion year, and under Venners they were our feeder club.

They might well establish themselves in the Premiership - but things can change pretty quickly in football. Leicester probably thought they were an established Prem side but got relegated.

But on the main point I make you guys right - hope very much to be cheering Eze on this summer for England.
[Post edited 29 May 15:57]

Yeh it's an impossible list/hierarchy to put together, as the club found when they tried to do a vote on it for the legends bar or whatever it's called. There are fewer people who ever saw Brian Bedford play alive versus those who saw Taarabt. Taarabt, and probably Eze, would beat Dave Thomas, for instance, every time in a full vote on the matter. As soon as you open these things up to social media you start getting votes for "ballers" like Andros Townsend and Tjaronn Chery because it's what that audience remembers.
Eze for England! on 16:49 - May 29 with 2536 viewsStainrod

Eze for England! on 16:25 - May 29 by Northernr

Yeh it's an impossible list/hierarchy to put together, as the club found when they tried to do a vote on it for the legends bar or whatever it's called. There are fewer people who ever saw Brian Bedford play alive versus those who saw Taarabt. Taarabt, and probably Eze, would beat Dave Thomas, for instance, every time in a full vote on the matter. As soon as you open these things up to social media you start getting votes for "ballers" like Andros Townsend and Tjaronn Chery because it's what that audience remembers.

Precisely. There is recent-bias in such polls making them pretty meaningless. I TRY to be objective - I accept that Rodney Marsh is up there as one of our greatest legends but I never saw him play as wasn't old enough. Similarly only saw Stanley once as a tiny nipper. So I am probably as bad as those Andros Townsend/ Tjaronn Chery fan boys but just for a different era: I celebrate - and probably ascribe greater abilities - to the likes of Stainrod, Wicks, Roeder, Currie, Bannister et al because that is the era that I started to follow us more passionately. Its a bit like with our romantic life - its the players here when we truly first fell in love with the club that you never quite get out of your system. If you are a young fan and think Andre Dozzell is the kind of level to expect for a QPR midfielder I guess you are going to consider Eze a huge club legend...

A side point: I am generally very anti violence but anyone who describes players as "ballers" in a non-ironic way should probably be invited to visit Dignitas.
Eze for England! on 17:40 - May 29 with 2416 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze for England! on 16:49 - May 29 by Stainrod

Precisely. There is recent-bias in such polls making them pretty meaningless. I TRY to be objective - I accept that Rodney Marsh is up there as one of our greatest legends but I never saw him play as wasn't old enough. Similarly only saw Stanley once as a tiny nipper. So I am probably as bad as those Andros Townsend/ Tjaronn Chery fan boys but just for a different era: I celebrate - and probably ascribe greater abilities - to the likes of Stainrod, Wicks, Roeder, Currie, Bannister et al because that is the era that I started to follow us more passionately. Its a bit like with our romantic life - its the players here when we truly first fell in love with the club that you never quite get out of your system. If you are a young fan and think Andre Dozzell is the kind of level to expect for a QPR midfielder I guess you are going to consider Eze a huge club legend...

A side point: I am generally very anti violence but anyone who describes players as "ballers" in a non-ironic way should probably be invited to visit Dignitas.

Never a good look attempting to make a joke about something as serious as assisted suicide.

Not very clever unfortunately 😒

Eze for England! on 18:10 - May 29 with 2341 viewsNorthantsHoop

Eze for England! on 14:30 - May 29 by numptydumpty

Good grief !

What a post !

You are either drunk, had a bad day at the office or a moody teenager !

He is a model professional who has improved year on year, was superb for us and it's great seeing him perform at the highest level.

The thread supports the man not the club he is at currently.

We took a punt on him when others would not and expert loans and superb improvements during his playing time with us; he has made us a lot of money and still there is a great possibility that he will earn us a heck of a lot more.

Yes he is no longer at QPR but no one these days is naive enough to believe any player who is progressing is going to stay with ourselves, as we are at this moment in time.

It's no longer the 70s and 80s.

Different marketplace.

He is a nice guy with it also.

Let's all.despise the guy and throw rotten cabbages at him though. He left the club. JUDAS !! 🤣

Anyhow hopefully you can see your post was a tad childish and ridiculous though.

He still could earn us up to another £20 million more.

I guess if you have done that also, then at least you could come at that from that standpoint but just a wild guess don't think you would have done !!!

And yes also, I have zero affiliation with Crystal Palace..
[Post edited 29 May 14:48]

Agree we should celebrate that QPR developed him and that he hopefully will make more money for us in a high profile sale. Really enjoyed watching Eze in a QPR shirt and enjoy watching him in a Palace shirt. Have very fond memories of that fantastic goal away at Stoke first game of the 2019/20 season which really set him apart as a special talent.
Eze for England! on 18:22 - May 29 with 2315 viewsPunteR

We love Eze in the Punt house.
Its a unique experience watching a young former QPR player go on to be a massive successful footballer.
Obviously, if he was a tw@t at QPR we wouldn't care about him but as it turned out he was a smashing lad, so good luck to him.
And of course, the sell on clauses makes it even sweeter.
He's a QPR success story and for that he goes in my legends list.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eze for England! on 19:11 - May 29 with 2233 viewsStainrod

Eze for England! on 17:40 - May 29 by numptydumpty

Never a good look attempting to make a joke about something as serious as assisted suicide.

Not very clever unfortunately 😒

Am assuming you are being cleverly ironic in pretending to tell me off as no one could in any seriousness be that po-faced on a football messaging board. If in the very improbable event you actually meant that seriously I'm not sure I will be coming to you for lessons in the noble art of humour...
Eze for England! on 19:34 - May 29 with 2192 viewsPunteR

Eze for England! on 19:11 - May 29 by Stainrod

Am assuming you are being cleverly ironic in pretending to tell me off as no one could in any seriousness be that po-faced on a football messaging board. If in the very improbable event you actually meant that seriously I'm not sure I will be coming to you for lessons in the noble art of humour...

He's called himself Numptydumpty. There's nothing highbrow or noble about his sense of humour.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eze for England! on 01:24 - May 30 with 1971 viewsMatch82

This thread does raise an interesting point about what makes a "legend". I think in all honesty the game is just different now to 20 years ago, especially when it comes to longevity and loyalty.

I'd call Eze a "modern legend" in the same vein as Adel, Clint Hill etc, but while he may be their equal as a player, he clearly doesn't share the same legend status as the likes of Macca, Marsh etc.

If nothing else, he's
A) the club record transfer fee and single handedly kept us solvent
B) the first player in what, 3 decades? to come through as a youngster, make his first team debut and play for England
Eze for England! on 07:47 - May 30 with 1764 viewsdaveB

Eze for England! on 12:22 - May 29 by Northernr

Southgate was saying yesterday that those who played in the FA cup final won't play on Monday so thats no Foden or Mainoo and Bellingham won't play either game so he does have an outside chance of a start
Eze for England! on 08:52 - May 30 with 1675 viewsthehat

Eze for England! on 07:47 - May 30 by daveB

Southgate was saying yesterday that those who played in the FA cup final won't play on Monday so thats no Foden or Mainoo and Bellingham won't play either game so he does have an outside chance of a start

Keeping everything crossed he does start - Seems like this maybe the opportunity.

What a nice boost to our pre season budget that would be.

We get the money from his England clause then he has a good Euro's and goes for £75M in the summer......

Saturday night and I like the way you move......
Eze for England! on 13:51 - May 30 with 1454 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze for England! on 19:11 - May 29 by Stainrod

When you have experienced a close relative pass because of the act of suicide it is not a subject that is ever easily something that you could ever joke around, which I personally have.

Being told I am po faced for stating a point of view around a subject that there are deep wounds around again is not kind

Dave Clements from our greatest ever side in the 70s ended his life. But I guess you think it would have been perfectly OK to joke to them about their son, brother, husbands death.And you would say to them, like you have to me, that I am po faced. As said previously, not great.

But yes of course have sense of humour, posted many times myself being tad ironic etc

But humour around suicide I feel it's not a matter to laugh at ever tbh.
[Post edited 30 May 13:54]

Eze for England! on 13:59 - May 30 with 1417 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze for England! on 19:34 - May 29 by PunteR

He's called himself Numptydumpty. There's nothing highbrow or noble about his sense of humour.

It was a joke about suicide I objected to. Not fun in general which I no issues with.

Lost a close relative to this, so hence why I can't deal with humour around suicide and just stated jokes around this subject not great and being laughed at for this is not kind

I not got any issues joking about everyday clearly

Eze for England! on 14:05 - May 30 with 1388 viewsStainrod

Eze for England! on 13:51 - May 30 by numptydumpty

When you have experienced a close relative pass because of the act of suicide it is not a subject that is ever easily something that you could ever joke around, which I personally have.

Being told I am po faced for stating a point of view around a subject that there are deep wounds around again is not kind

Dave Clements from our greatest ever side in the 70s ended his life. But I guess you think it would have been perfectly OK to joke to them about their son, brother, husbands death.And you would say to them, like you have to me, that I am po faced. As said previously, not great.

But yes of course have sense of humour, posted many times myself being tad ironic etc

But humour around suicide I feel it's not a matter to laugh at ever tbh.
[Post edited 30 May 13:54]

Naturally I am very sorry to hear about the suicide of a family member, condolences for that.

Its a difficult balance: jokes that mainstream comedians told in the 1970s and beyond can now sound horrendous (eg where the punch line revolves around someone of colour being beaten up, say: the kind of things Jim Davidson used to get away with on national television).

But most jokes are, to varying degrees, at someone's expense. If something as mild as my remark - which was not aimed at you - is seized upon, I feel like giving up interacting on a message board. I overheard someone being admonished the other day for describing something as "crazy" - apparently this was disrespectful of people with mental health problems. I'm probably one of the most liberal minded folk you are likely to find on a footballing message board but IMHO liberals lose friends rather than gain them if they push the wokeness too far. For the most part people self-censor and are already massively more careful than they were even a decade ago.
Eze for England! on 14:12 - May 30 with 1356 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze for England! on 14:05 - May 30 by Stainrod

Naturally I am very sorry to hear about the suicide of a family member, condolences for that.

Its a difficult balance: jokes that mainstream comedians told in the 1970s and beyond can now sound horrendous (eg where the punch line revolves around someone of colour being beaten up, say: the kind of things Jim Davidson used to get away with on national television).

But most jokes are, to varying degrees, at someone's expense. If something as mild as my remark - which was not aimed at you - is seized upon, I feel like giving up interacting on a message board. I overheard someone being admonished the other day for describing something as "crazy" - apparently this was disrespectful of people with mental health problems. I'm probably one of the most liberal minded folk you are likely to find on a footballing message board but IMHO liberals lose friends rather than gain them if they push the wokeness too far. For the most part people self-censor and are already massively more careful than they were even a decade ago.

If you had lost someone very close to suicide, you would not joke about it.

You are comparing old school racist, feminist , Irish jokes ot r about people's weight. Some were funny at the time but suicide was never joked about. Your justifications don't sit well

I think I will take a break from here
[Post edited 30 May 14:13]

Eze for England! on 14:19 - May 30 with 1312 viewsqpr1976

Eze for England! on 12:22 - May 29 by Northernr

Neither did he say they didn't.

So I would hope his comment meant to start any full England game.
You'd hope he would have mentioned if only for a competitive match.....
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024