Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Cocktail? 18:59 - Aug 4 with 13623 viewsToast_R

While in the holiday season and all that.

I tried an Aperol Spritzer for the first time the last month and now I'm a huge fan. Just started my second bottle of Aperol at home. Pretty easy one to put together which also helps.
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:35 - Aug 5 with 2197 viewsWoog

Favourite Cocktail? on 20:04 - Aug 4 by Mick_S

For me, it’s a Negroni. My favourite by a mile, but not too much ice, please.

Toast - regarding the Aperol ( big favourite of my wife) you might want to try the Limoncello version. It’s rather refreshing.
[Post edited 4 Aug 20:06]


Or you can swap out the Limoncello for St Germain elderflower liquer to make a Hugo Spritz.

Recipe = 1, 2, 3.
1 part St Germain
2 parts soda water
3 parts prosecco
add fresh mint (and wedge of lime if desired)
[Post edited 5 Aug 9:38]
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 2148 viewsrobith

Because in my head I'm Don Draper, it's an Old Fashioned forever for me, but I do love a negroni.

I can not staaaaaand martinis and it makes me so sad cos I really feel like they should be part of my idiom
2
Favourite Cocktail? on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 1972 viewsPaddyhoops

If you’re ever in Barcalona . Get yourself to Sincopa . They do amazing cocktails especially the mojitos .
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 1910 viewsE17hoop

Margarita is always first choice although a kamikaze with good vodka can be fun. In the summer, a mojito and in winter, an old fashioned.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 1850 viewsaston_hoop

Favourite Cocktail? on 20:29 - Aug 4 by stevec

If anyone ever goes to Peru, have a Pisco Sour.

Best cocktail in the world.


I'm based in Peru for the next few months and can confirm! Superb drink

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

1
Favourite Cocktail? on 17:33 - Aug 5 with 1828 viewscollegeranger

Dark n Stormy or A Painkiller!
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 18:08 - Aug 5 with 1781 viewsGus_iom

Due to some books I read, I really want to try a mint julep.
BUT....it has to be on a lawn in front of an antebellum house, shaded by Southern live oaks wreathed in Spanish moss. There will be smart waiters, a jazz band playing and a femme fatale on my arm.
[Post edited 5 Aug 22:03]

Poll: Do we need another Eze thread

1
Favourite Cocktail? on 19:32 - Aug 5 with 1688 viewsDavieQPR

Favourite Cocktail? on 18:08 - Aug 5 by Gus_iom

Due to some books I read, I really want to try a mint julep.
BUT....it has to be on a lawn in front of an antebellum house, shaded by Southern live oaks wreathed in Spanish moss. There will be smart waiters, a jazz band playing and a femme fatale on my arm.
[Post edited 5 Aug 22:03]


Sorry I thought I was on the Fulham site for a minute. When's Happy Hour, Algernon.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Cocktail? on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 1671 viewsBlackCrowe

FFS...won't load on yt so trying Limoncello vid again on fckng tiktok

https://www.tiktok.com/@arkbyk
[Post edited 5 Aug 19:43]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 19:43 - Aug 5 with 1664 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Favourite Cocktail? on 17:09 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

I'm based in Peru for the next few months and can confirm! Superb drink


My first pisco sour was also in Peru, made by a second cousin who lived there all her life, working for the very, very poor. It was her one indulgence. Consequently, it has a special place in my heart.

Caiprinha is my current fave cocktail, slips down like a treat.

But Mrs. PH tried to replicate a basil smash we first had in Perpignan a few months back. A bit more practice for her to nail it, because it was fabulous.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

1
Favourite Cocktail? on 20:05 - Aug 5 with 1616 viewsCiderwithRsie

Favourite Cocktail? on 00:09 - Aug 5 by eastside_r

Fairly classic Jazz Age cocktail? I don’t want to out myself as not being in the mainstream LFW demographic, but I wasn’t around then.


Kids of today, eh?

But I think I'm like Gus, for me the whole idea of cocktails lives in The Great Gadsby and suchlike (or James Bond at a pinch).
1
Favourite Cocktail? on 20:28 - Aug 5 with 1577 viewsdmm

Favourite Cocktail? on 18:08 - Aug 5 by Gus_iom

Due to some books I read, I really want to try a mint julep.
BUT....it has to be on a lawn in front of an antebellum house, shaded by Southern live oaks wreathed in Spanish moss. There will be smart waiters, a jazz band playing and a femme fatale on my arm.
[Post edited 5 Aug 22:03]


Try this out for your mint julep song

1
Favourite Cocktail? on 20:35 - Aug 5 with 1556 viewsMick_S

Limoncello is so easy to make. I’ve tried to upload a YouTube vid but it’s not having it. Ingredients are: lemon peel (no pith) vodka, sugar and water. Tastes as genuine as the shop bought stuff.

The video is “grandmas limoncello” and is about a minute long. You’ll thank me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 20:42 - Aug 5 with 1533 viewsGus_iom

Favourite Cocktail? on 20:28 - Aug 5 by dmm

Try this out for your mint julep song



Not a bad effort at all.

Poll: Do we need another Eze thread

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 21:16 - Aug 5 with 1498 viewsR_from_afar

Favourite Cocktail? on 09:35 - Aug 5 by Woog

Or you can swap out the Limoncello for St Germain elderflower liquer to make a Hugo Spritz.

Recipe = 1, 2, 3.
1 part St Germain
2 parts soda water
3 parts prosecco
add fresh mint (and wedge of lime if desired)
[Post edited 5 Aug 9:38]


That sounds pretty decent 👌.

I'm not much of a cocktail expert but I do like a kir, ideally, made with white wine and creme de mure (blackberry liqueur) as opposed to white wine and creme de cassis (blackcurrant liqueur). I have made my own blackberry liqueur with blackberries grown in my own garden. It's delicious and simple to make .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

1
Favourite Cocktail? on 23:21 - Aug 5 with 1426 viewsPeterHucker

Love a Dark n stormy but that's already mentioned.

just got back from holiday in Normandy yesterday. While my kids were on the waterslides, I found a nice shady spot to enjoy a few Tomates. (Ricard with water, and a bit of grenadine syrup)
I'm very partial to those aniseed drinks like Ricard or Ouzo but they're dangerous. Sip away at a few of them nonchalantly and before you know it, you're pretty out of it.

also quite partial to a Mai Tai but it's definitely a holiday drink. I won't be ordering one in the Shepherd & Flock.
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 04:10 - Aug 6 with 1335 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Favourite Cocktail? on 18:08 - Aug 5 by Gus_iom

Due to some books I read, I really want to try a mint julep.
BUT....it has to be on a lawn in front of an antebellum house, shaded by Southern live oaks wreathed in Spanish moss. There will be smart waiters, a jazz band playing and a femme fatale on my arm.
[Post edited 5 Aug 22:03]


You've inadvertently mentioned a second cocktail there.

When I was resided in Phnom Penh, I'd regularly pop into the Elephant Bar at the Raffles, where the femme fatale was the one of the four signature cocktails. Made in honour of Jackie Onasis Kennedy's visit, it had a bit of kick to it.

Left you in no doubt, that if Jackie could polish off a few of these, then Marilyn Monroe must have been some gal!

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

2
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:02 - Aug 6 with 1247 viewsRBlock

Another vote for a negroni here - I like to play around with the sweet vermouth, loads of options there. Lillet Rose is my go to, which is a bit lighter than your Martini Rosso, or something like a Del Proffesore or an Antica Formula for something a bit heavier.

For a spritz, Aperol is great but it can get a bit sickly after a few IMO. Rather a Campari spritz, keeping that bitterness.

A caipirinha is great as well, a few of those in the sun will do the job.
2
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:30 - Aug 6 with 1192 viewshubble

Love a picante margarita. Every time I’ve made them people say, ‘that’s the best cocktail I’ve ever tasted’….

Mescal, lime juice and agave syrup with crushed chilli and coriander (sieved and then shaken with crushed ice), tajin spice seasoning on the rim of the glass… try it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:37 - Aug 6 with 1169 viewsMrSheen

Favourite Cocktail? on 09:02 - Aug 6 by RBlock

Another vote for a negroni here - I like to play around with the sweet vermouth, loads of options there. Lillet Rose is my go to, which is a bit lighter than your Martini Rosso, or something like a Del Proffesore or an Antica Formula for something a bit heavier.

For a spritz, Aperol is great but it can get a bit sickly after a few IMO. Rather a Campari spritz, keeping that bitterness.

A caipirinha is great as well, a few of those in the sun will do the job.


I picked up a bottle of Valentia Island vermouth on holiday in Kerry. Not cheap, €35(!), and I expected it to be just a novelty, but it’s delicious in Negronis, Martinis and added to white wine to give it some extra flavour (as is Noilly Prat, which is a steal at £13 and which I much prefer to Lillet).

Love a Campari and soda too…

Any takers for Fernet Branca? On its own, it’s like drinking Olbas Oil, but a splash in a Negroni gives bitterness the upper hand over sweetness, which is what I prefer.
[Post edited 6 Aug 9:41]
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:51 - Aug 6 with 1136 viewsTheChef

Favourite Cocktail? on 09:37 - Aug 6 by MrSheen

I picked up a bottle of Valentia Island vermouth on holiday in Kerry. Not cheap, €35(!), and I expected it to be just a novelty, but it’s delicious in Negronis, Martinis and added to white wine to give it some extra flavour (as is Noilly Prat, which is a steal at £13 and which I much prefer to Lillet).

Love a Campari and soda too…

Any takers for Fernet Branca? On its own, it’s like drinking Olbas Oil, but a splash in a Negroni gives bitterness the upper hand over sweetness, which is what I prefer.
[Post edited 6 Aug 9:41]


Upvote for Fernet Branca and Coke (national drink of Argentina).

For me it's usually a Campari and orange juice. But also love a Negroni.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
Favourite Cocktail? on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 1131 viewsRBlock

Favourite Cocktail? on 09:37 - Aug 6 by MrSheen

I picked up a bottle of Valentia Island vermouth on holiday in Kerry. Not cheap, €35(!), and I expected it to be just a novelty, but it’s delicious in Negronis, Martinis and added to white wine to give it some extra flavour (as is Noilly Prat, which is a steal at £13 and which I much prefer to Lillet).

Love a Campari and soda too…

Any takers for Fernet Branca? On its own, it’s like drinking Olbas Oil, but a splash in a Negroni gives bitterness the upper hand over sweetness, which is what I prefer.
[Post edited 6 Aug 9:41]


Will keep an eye out for Valentia. Campari and soda is great, or a splash of Campari with an orange San Pellegrino for a low ABV summer drink that you can have a few of.

I've got a bottle of Fernet kicking about which I got as a gift - vile stuff on it's own, but that's really interesting about adding a drop to a Negroni. Will have to give it a try!
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 1029 viewsrobith

Favourite Cocktail? on 09:02 - Aug 6 by RBlock

Another vote for a negroni here - I like to play around with the sweet vermouth, loads of options there. Lillet Rose is my go to, which is a bit lighter than your Martini Rosso, or something like a Del Proffesore or an Antica Formula for something a bit heavier.

For a spritz, Aperol is great but it can get a bit sickly after a few IMO. Rather a Campari spritz, keeping that bitterness.

A caipirinha is great as well, a few of those in the sun will do the job.


a man of culture I see
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 1002 viewsdmm

Back in the day people said Fernet Branca was a hangover cure, although I never tried it.
0
Favourite Cocktail? on 11:54 - Aug 6 with 995 viewsnick_hammersmith

Location plays a massive part to this.

A Mohito in Havana is something else, and a rum punch in the Bahamas is pretty special
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026