Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 195264 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:48 - Dec 4 with 1583 viewsFieryJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:01 - Dec 4 by Lohengrin

I wouldn’t personally, but I do love watches. Always have.

There are some great 0% deals on Hamilton I’ve seen this last week, if you’ve got your heart set on an Aviator you could do a lot worse. I’ve had a couple of Jazzmasters over the years and they’ve been great. No complaints at all.

https://www.francisandgaye.co.uk/explore-hamilton-i198

Thanks for the tip, Loh 👍

You have good taste: Hamiltons have been on my radar for a few years. Lovely looking pieces with fine, high-spec Swiss movements. Slightly beyond my means, though tempting to buy in instalments, as you suggest.

The Laco, pictured above, is, as you may know, a modern take on the original watches made by the same company for Luftwaffe pilots during the war, which were a massive 55mm in diameter, and had very high luminosity in the dark. More of a functional tool than a classy dress watch, of course.

That Laco has a more plodding Japanese movement in it, hence its relatively modest price.

Now, if money was no object, I'd probably be looking at Glashutte watches, or, if I went properly bonkers, a Lange & Sohne.

Hmm.. there seems to be a theme developing here, namely an unhealthy predilection for German watches.

Note to self: STAY away from watch websites 😳
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:45 - Dec 4 with 1534 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:56 - Dec 4 by londonlisa2001

“ With absolutely no oversight.”

Incredible how you’re able to watch it if there’s no oversight.

You are clueless as usual, the oversight is Republican Monitors.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 1532 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:34 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

Quite a few tbh, your meltdown is comedy gold

Meltdown?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:53 - Dec 4 with 1524 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:55 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

It is so funny watching afd and parsnip pitiful attempts try to stand fron under.

I bet they are writhing with agony inside.

I have no idea what that means to be honest.

But ok.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:54 - Dec 4 with 1523 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:47 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Meltdown?

I bet deep down you are on your knees just like your hero and just like him you are denying the loss, clutching at straws I think it's called.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:58 - Dec 4 with 1519 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:23 - Dec 4 by Groo

Mr Sterling said the suitcases were moved across a room as “normal procedure”, and that there was nothing “odd” about the process, because poll workers were tasked with scanning the ballots once observers and vote counters had left the State Farm Arena.

“If you look at the videotape, the work you see is the work you would expect, which is you take the sealed suitcase, you place the ballots on the scanner in manageable batches and you scan them,” Mr Sterling said.

Frances Watson, the chief investigator for Georgia’s secretary of state, told Lead Stories that Republican and Trump campaign observers were not told to leave, and that the ballots scanned in the surveillance video had already been counted, in contrast to Mr Giuliani and Ms Pick’s assertions.

Who is Mr Sterling?

Surely that’s not normal practice. I think people are scrambling to make sense of this one. Those on the Democrat side maybe are a bit “ooooh that doesn’t look good to be fair” on the inside; then immediately snap into the “it’s just normal procedure” mode.

That just can’t be normal. We heard poll workers were told to go home as they had finished counting at 10pm only for them to continue counting until 4am and is among those that swore under oath. I wonder if it was anyone from this precinct as that certainly appears to be what has happened.

For them then to pull ballots out of suitcases from under a table and continue under no supervision of legally appointed vote observers just cannot be normal practice and if it is then clearly there needs a system overhaul.

File this under “Needs further and vigorous investigation”.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 1500 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:58 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is Mr Sterling?

Surely that’s not normal practice. I think people are scrambling to make sense of this one. Those on the Democrat side maybe are a bit “ooooh that doesn’t look good to be fair” on the inside; then immediately snap into the “it’s just normal procedure” mode.

That just can’t be normal. We heard poll workers were told to go home as they had finished counting at 10pm only for them to continue counting until 4am and is among those that swore under oath. I wonder if it was anyone from this precinct as that certainly appears to be what has happened.

For them then to pull ballots out of suitcases from under a table and continue under no supervision of legally appointed vote observers just cannot be normal practice and if it is then clearly there needs a system overhaul.

And putting the same ballots through 2 or 3 times.
Of course that is normal Democrat voting procedures.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:34 - Dec 4 with 1495 viewsGroo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:58 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is Mr Sterling?

Who is Mr Sterling?

A Republican senior election official in Georgia, Gabriel Sterling.

and they were not counting votes, they were scanning votes that had already been counted.

Groo does what Groo does best

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:53 - Dec 4 with 1478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:54 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

I bet deep down you are on your knees just like your hero and just like him you are denying the loss, clutching at straws I think it's called.

You are totally out of your depth where the US election is concerned.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:05 - Dec 4 with 1471 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:53 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

You are totally out of your depth where the US election is concerned.

Tbh I'd rather go out for a walk looking for white dogsh!t to pick up than waste my time trying to debate with the brainwashed.

But it's worth butting in to poke the vipers nest now and again to get a rise.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:16 - Dec 4 with 1445 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:05 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

Tbh I'd rather go out for a walk looking for white dogsh!t to pick up than waste my time trying to debate with the brainwashed.

But you couldn't debate anyway! As afd has pointed out, you are out of your depth..

I think I may start looking for white dog poo, be more fun than reading your look, I'm trying too be clever posts..
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 22:18]

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:26 - Dec 4 with 1438 viewsGwyn737

Who is Mr Sterling?

I’ve read quite a bit around this, and although I agree it could do with some further investigation I haven’t seen anything to prove it’s dodgy.

The problem for both sides is misinformation. For example, the bags being labelled as suitcases when they’re standard site bags.

It also seems that the votes had already been counted by this stage.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 1433 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:05 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

That is an absolutely classic case of projection.
One of the best I have seen.

The only poison spread on this forum is by certain visitors, who also act like a pack of jackals.
Those same visitors used be on this forum and acted in exactly the same fashion, name calling, abusive language, use of ridicule, ganging up on single posters etc etc.
Now we have people who use logic, facts and data instead of emotion and vitriole.
But you are always welcome to come on here and show yourself up.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:39 - Dec 4 with 1427 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:30 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

The only poison spread on this forum is by certain visitors, who also act like a pack of jackals.
Those same visitors used be on this forum and acted in exactly the same fashion, name calling, abusive language, use of ridicule, ganging up on single posters etc etc.
Now we have people who use logic, facts and data instead of emotion and vitriole.

Used to be on this forum? Visitors? When did you get decide who’s forum this is then.

It’s got the same posters as it always did, with the exception of a few name changes like Andy Cole/Icey/Antony, and minus a few more.

Rino is not a word BTW.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:44 - Dec 4 with 1421 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:39 - Dec 4 by ItchySphincter

Used to be on this forum? Visitors? When did you get decide who’s forum this is then.

It’s got the same posters as it always did, with the exception of a few name changes like Andy Cole/Icey/Antony, and minus a few more.

Rino is not a word BTW.

Obviously he means, 'used to be' as in frequented a lot, which you know, I don't know why I'm replying.

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:02 - Dec 4 with 1397 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:39 - Dec 4 by ItchySphincter

Rino is not a word BTW.

Prove rino is not a word, I have proved that it is.
Let's see your counter-argument.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:32 - Dec 4 with 1378 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:02 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

He won't! He will say nothing, he will just take it up in a few days time, as if nothing was said..
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 23:35]

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:24 - Dec 5 with 1350 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:30 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Logic, facts and data lol.

You crack me up trying to cement your argument for wasting your time in trying to convince the converted on this particular topic.

The reason middle of the road people like myself dont come on here often isnt because we are scared of debating with you and your ilk, it's because we would rather spend our precious time doing things that we enjoy, on saying that it's nice coming on now and again poking the nest.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:31 - Dec 5 with 1345 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:24 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

Logic, facts and data lol.

You crack me up trying to cement your argument for wasting your time in trying to convince the converted on this particular topic.

The reason middle of the road people like myself dont come on here often isnt because we are scared of debating with you and your ilk, it's because we would rather spend our precious time doing things that we enjoy, on saying that it's nice coming on now and again poking the nest.

Lol, Don't listen to him afd, when he's in the mood, he's back and fore posting this site and the other like a good UN.

Deflecting rubbish as usual.

.(0)
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 0:39]

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:39 - Dec 5 with 1339 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:26 - Dec 4 by Gwyn737

I’ve read quite a bit around this, and although I agree it could do with some further investigation I haven’t seen anything to prove it’s dodgy.

The problem for both sides is misinformation. For example, the bags being labelled as suitcases when they’re standard site bags.

It also seems that the votes had already been counted by this stage.

The dodgy part of this would be the potential that ballots were counted intentionally away from eyes that were there to watch.

The noises are counting had stopped, but we know in some precincts they continued counting after they sent the poll watchers home - which appears to be the case here too.

There needs to be an investigation into the ins and outs of what went on here without question.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:05 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:31 - Dec 5 by Jack123

Lol, Don't listen to him afd, when he's in the mood, he's back and fore posting this site and the other like a good UN.

Deflecting rubbish as usual.

.(0)
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 0:39]

Don't worry, I couldn't care less what he thinks, he is just a drive by troll
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:36 - Dec 5 with 1219 viewsJack123

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:05 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Don't worry, I couldn't care less what he thinks, he is just a drive by troll

Yes, I was thinking the same myself regarding trolling.

libera nos a malo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:14 - Dec 5 with 1174 viewsJacketJack

https://time.com/5917728/separated-families-border-data-government/
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:48 - Dec 5 with 1162 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:14 - Dec 5 by JacketJack

https://time.com/5917728/separated-families-border-data-government/

Yes horrible that Obama and Biden built those, isn’t it?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 1126 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:02 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Saying something doesn’t make it true.

Thanks for agreeing with my other point.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024