Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom manager gone 14:08 - Feb 2 with 11960 viewsNorthernr

Nm
West Brom manager gone on 23:22 - Feb 2 with 3070 viewsLoftgirl

West Brom manager gone on 17:12 - Feb 2 by Harbour

Bruce in talks to become next manager according to football font of knowledge Sky Sports.. Am sure the locals will be delighted with that style of football!

Well you know.
West Brom manager gone on 00:23 - Feb 3 with 2984 viewsCiderwithRsie

West Brom manager gone on 19:47 - Feb 2 by queensparker

The thing is having watched Barnsley last year, his 80s Wimbledon on food colouring football would be a brilliant appointment for someone. It completely undid us twice and is amazingly effective if you can buy in 23 year olds who will run through brick walls. Doesn’t work when you’re trying to get Livermore and Matt Phillips and a load of other ageing prima donnas to do it.

Still think he’s got a bright future as a Championship level manager somewhere

80s Wimbledon on food colouring football

West Brom manager gone on 00:28 - Feb 3 with 2972 viewsGloryHunter

West Brom manager gone on 16:06 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

Grammar alert - something is either unique or it isn't, it can't be 'fairly unique'

Sorry!

That's very brave of you, Pinner.

I've been thinking about starting an apostrophe thread myself.
West Brom manager gone on 02:50 - Feb 3 with 2887 viewssaxbend

West Brom manager gone on 19:47 - Feb 2 by queensparker

The thing is having watched Barnsley last year, his 80s Wimbledon on food colouring football would be a brilliant appointment for someone. It completely undid us twice and is amazingly effective if you can buy in 23 year olds who will run through brick walls. Doesn’t work when you’re trying to get Livermore and Matt Phillips and a load of other ageing prima donnas to do it.

Still think he’s got a bright future as a Championship level manager somewhere

Yes, but what really made it work was being able to make 5 substitutions and replace your entire forward line early in the second half.
West Brom manager gone on 08:16 - Feb 3 with 2728 viewssoops

West Brom manager gone on 19:41 - Feb 2 by kensalriser

Bruce would be a good appointment for us, I think.

The only time that sentence has ever been or will ever be acceptable on this message board
West Brom manager gone on 12:00 - Feb 3 with 2511 viewsPinnerPaul

West Brom manager gone on 00:28 - Feb 3 by GloryHunter

Are you old enough to remember Keith Waterhouse's newspaper pieces about that very thing?

He made up a club called the AAAA - Association for the Abolition of the Aberrant Apostrophe- very funny.
West Brom manager gone on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 2369 viewsbrendan

It’s amazing how clubs think it’s the manager that’s the problem. Lampard gets a squad with players signed by 7 managers.
How many managers did we go through before it dawned on someone that other factors are often the problem.
West Brom manager gone on 13:55 - Feb 3 with 2344 viewsR_from_afar

West Brom manager gone on 00:28 - Feb 3 by GloryHunter

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom manager gone on 19:17 - Feb 3 with 2175 viewsed_83

Bruce confirmed as their new manager.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WBA/status/1489311859354345474
West Brom manager gone on 01:23 - Feb 4 with 1925 viewsbob566

I don't like grammar police. No need to pick up on it. Pointless. The person could be dyslexic. If you understand the point they're trying to say. Why point grammar out
West Brom manager gone on 03:53 - Feb 4 with 1883 viewssaxbend

West Brom manager gone on 01:23 - Feb 4 by bob566

I don't like grammar police. No need to pick up on it. Pointless. The person could be dyslexic. If you understand the point they're trying to say. Why point grammar out

It's usually not difficult to tell the difference between casual mistakes, errors learning a new language, and arrogant disregard. Policing the latter is utterly justified.
West Brom manager gone on 08:24 - Feb 4 with 1747 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was trying to describe the pain after applying sanitizer on copper cuts yesterday as 'tingling numbness' I was asked if that was a thing? To which I replied 'Dentist anesthetic when it hasn't quite kicked in.'

My palms and that's what I'm going with.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

West Brom manager gone on 08:28 - Feb 4 with 1730 viewsCiderwithRsie

West Brom manager gone on 08:24 - Feb 4 by Metallica_Hoop

I was trying to describe the pain after applying sanitizer on copper cuts yesterday as 'tingling numbness' I was asked if that was a thing? To which I replied 'Dentist anesthetic when it hasn't quite kicked in.'

My palms and that's what I'm going with.

Or you could have said: that feeling you get when watching a team managed by Steve Bruce.
West Brom manager gone on 08:37 - Feb 4 with 1699 viewsTheChef

Loftgirl really does love a down vote

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West Brom manager gone on 15:41 - Feb 4 with 1358 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm ashamed to admit I do it when watching the telly, but only really to the maddening (to me I admit!) habit of putting a 'qualifier' in front of unique.

Each to their own, I know a television producer who used to tell off anyone who used the phrase "First time ever" on air - pointing out that the 'ever' is superfluous - never occurred to me before I heard that the other day!

We've been down this road before on here many times:- not everyone, everything, every topic, discussion, viewpoint is going to be to your liking - don't forget the ignore button is a wonderful thing for both individuals and threads!
West Brom manager gone on 16:01 - Feb 4 with 1325 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West Brom manager gone on 15:41 - Feb 4 by PinnerPaul

I'm ashamed to admit I do it when watching the telly, but only really to the maddening (to me I admit!) habit of putting a 'qualifier' in front of unique.

Each to their own, I know a television producer who used to tell off anyone who used the phrase "First time ever" on air - pointing out that the 'ever' is superfluous - never occurred to me before I heard that the other day!

We've been down this road before on here many times:- not everyone, everything, every topic, discussion, viewpoint is going to be to your liking - don't forget the ignore button is a wonderful thing for both individuals and threads!

Good point!

I will admit that when I start reading a communication that begins: 'I write to you' I go grrr!

It is abundantly clear to me by the email or letter, that you have written to me and I do not need to be told so.

Extra grrrrr heaped upon those who start: 'I wish to write blah, blah' and then proceed to detail the sum of their wishes without ascertaining whether I actually wish to receive their missive.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West Brom manager gone on 16:05 - Feb 4 with 1314 viewsaston_hoop

Dodgy former Reading man and now WBA CEO Ron Gourlay: - “there was no recruitment process"

🚩🚩🚩🚩

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

West Brom manager gone on 16:27 - Feb 4 with 1257 viewsNorthernr

West Brom manager gone on 16:01 - Feb 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Good point!

I will admit that when I start reading a communication that begins: 'I write to you' I go grrr!

It is abundantly clear to me by the email or letter, that you have written to me and I do not need to be told so.

Extra grrrrr heaped upon those who start: 'I wish to write blah, blah' and then proceed to detail the sum of their wishes without ascertaining whether I actually wish to receive their missive.

Everyone has stuff like this that annoys them. I remember when I started live blogging matches at the Telegraph the style guide forbid any form of "strap yourselves in" because "we want people to be excited, but it's not a fcking roller coaster."
West Brom manager gone on 17:10 - Feb 4 with 1140 viewssilverbirch

West Brom manager gone on 15:41 - Feb 4 by PinnerPaul

Shame I have to ignore the WBA manager thread to avoid the grammar police.
Also, you should check the (lack of) punctuation in your first picky post.
West Brom manager gone on 17:22 - Feb 4 with 1116 viewsDWQPR

West Brom manager gone on 16:01 - Feb 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Good point!

Any person that starts a sentence with the word ‘So’. That really boils my pïss.

But back to the appointment of Steve Bruce, great appointment for West Brom. Looks like they could now really fulfil Clive’s pre-season predictions for them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

West Brom manager gone on 17:29 - Feb 4 with 1101 viewsdavman

Mine is the slip road on to the A34 off the M40 where it says "For Oxford, use both lanes". I've tried, but my car is not wide enough and I just p1ss people off by straddling the two lanes...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

West Brom manager gone on 17:50 - Feb 4 with 1030 viewsR_from_afar

West Brom manager gone on 17:10 - Feb 4 by silverbirch

Shame I have to ignore the WBA manager thread to avoid the grammar police.
Also, you should check the (lack of) punctuation in your first picky post.

You had better not ignore this thread, mate, there will be a test on it later!

I am not going to judge anyone's grammar, nor should I because my own is not up to scratch. For example, I never have worked out where all the punctuation marks go around quoted speech, which is ironic considering I went to a grammar school.

Talking of which, one morning eons ago during my formative years, we turned up at the school only to discover the following sprayed onto the wall of one of the school buildings: "Grammer w@nk" (they didn't actually use @ it was an a). The graphiti artists, probably from the rival school across the road, had been scared off before they had been able to complete their missive...and deploy the spell checker

Mind, you they returned on two other occasions to:
A: Create a fake grave, complete with stolen gravestone and solemn pronouncement that "The school will die tonight".

B: Spray a huge, smiley face on the white dome of the observatory. That was quality

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

West Brom manager gone on 18:01 - Feb 4 with 1003 viewsDWQPR

Was watching the latest episode of the car crash that is The Apprentice last night. The first episode was bad enough when I thought that they must have changed the concept with the winner being the first to be voted off. But last night when designing a new computer game one side called theirs ARTIC SAVIOUR and then once they had realised considered passing off the mis-spelling of ARCTIC as 'some people will spell Arctic, that way!'

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

West Brom manager gone on 18:04 - Feb 4 with 986 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West Brom manager gone on 16:27 - Feb 4 by Northernr

Everyone has stuff like this that annoys them. I remember when I started live blogging matches at the Telegraph the style guide forbid any form of "strap yourselves in" because "we want people to be excited, but it's not a fcking roller coaster."

‘Strap yourselves in’.

Out of interest, was this from your time at the Bangkok Telegraph?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West Brom manager gone on 18:10 - Feb 4 with 967 viewsdistortR

West Brom manager gone on 18:04 - Feb 4 by PlanetHonneywood

‘Strap yourselves in’.

Out of interest, was this from your time at the Bangkok Telegraph?

'I've strapped it on' is worse for various reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024