Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go? 13:56 - Apr 12 with 33595 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Time to go? on 14:27 - Apr 12 with 11130 viewsSaxonDale

Yes.
Time to go? on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 11070 viewsD_Alien

Hypocritical to be attending parties against the rules your government has set? Of course it is

I can also understand why many people may be personally offended if they've been compliant at the expense of their best interests

A resigning matter? Almost certainly not, and especially not now at a time of international crisis (although i'd still argue against it if it weren't)

Does he need to get a grip on what's taken place on his own turf? Definitely

Why do i support BJ? Because he's the only person in the political landscape with enough personality (for want of a better word) to take the UK forward

(I can hear the thoughts of "in that case we're f*cked" as i type!)

Except, we're not. Despite the economic headwinds, we remain on course to come out of the pandemic better placed that most other major economies, and with greater confidence

Of course, the mainstream media will be howling for his head, not least in proving them wrong over the EU

I'm certain that many will have different opinions!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time to go? on 15:01 - Apr 12 with 10971 viewselectricblue

The rumour is that Rishi Sunak may have had enough and about to step down where as Boris Johnson seems to be ignorant to partygate and whatever else he is involved with and will hold firm.
This will then possibly lead to a vote of no confidence and he leaves or he may go to court about his fine if he loses he will get court record and as to step down...

The murky world of polics....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Time to go? on 15:09 - Apr 12 with 10997 views442Dale

As Dale fans over the last year we’ve focused on ensuring we have a football club that does things the right way with people involved at Spotland who, whilst we may not always agree with, we respect for having similar values to the fan base as a whole. We see through chancers who bluster a stream of bullsh!t to try and increase their own standing.

It should apply across the country too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Time to go? on 15:44 - Apr 12 with 10895 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

1st serving UK PM to be fined for breaking the law (that he himself brought in)!!
Definitely time to go gracefully- bet he won’t though.
Time to go? on 16:50 - Apr 12 with 10741 viewswindowsbug2002

Put it this way.....
An "honourable man would do so"
Lying is the first step to corruption.
Time to go? on 17:15 - Apr 12 with 10667 viewsmingthemerciless

Taxi for Johnson.
Time to go? on 17:35 - Apr 12 with 10606 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 17:15 - Apr 12 by mingthemerciless

Taxi for Johnson.

Carrie-age, surely?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to go? on 17:37 - Apr 12 with 10595 viewsAtThePeake

Never mind time to go, he should never have been in the position in the first place.

Tangled up in blue.

Time to go? on 18:55 - Apr 12 with 10397 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 14:49 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

Hypocritical to be attending parties against the rules your government has set? Of course it is

I can also understand why many people may be personally offended if they've been compliant at the expense of their best interests

A resigning matter? Almost certainly not, and especially not now at a time of international crisis (although i'd still argue against it if it weren't)

Does he need to get a grip on what's taken place on his own turf? Definitely

Why do i support BJ? Because he's the only person in the political landscape with enough personality (for want of a better word) to take the UK forward

(I can hear the thoughts of "in that case we're f*cked" as i type!)

Except, we're not. Despite the economic headwinds, we remain on course to come out of the pandemic better placed that most other major economies, and with greater confidence

Of course, the mainstream media will be howling for his head, not least in proving them wrong over the EU

I'm certain that many will have different opinions!

Johnson isn't interested in taking the UK forward, he's interested only in himself. Oh and his wealthy pals and party donors, if he likes them. But mainly himself.
Time to go? on 18:57 - Apr 12 with 10391 views1949er

Inveterate liar go.!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Time to go? on 19:00 - Apr 12 with 10374 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 18:55 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

Johnson isn't interested in taking the UK forward, he's interested only in himself. Oh and his wealthy pals and party donors, if he likes them. But mainly himself.

Of course he is

He's interested in taking the UK forward because that'll put him to the fore from his own point of view. If he was only interested in money he could make much more by not being PM, but he's motivated by a very different type of selfishness

And that's a perfectly valid perspective to have

Time to go? on 19:03 - Apr 12 with 10362 views442Dale

Time to go? on 19:00 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

Of course he is

He's interested in taking the UK forward because that'll put him to the fore from his own point of view. If he was only interested in money he could make much more by not being PM, but he's motivated by a very different type of selfishness

Some of those Dale comparisons come to mind again…

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Time to go? on 19:06 - Apr 12 with 10344 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 19:00 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

Of course he is

It's not money, it's power, status, ego and entitlement. He'll do what he can to stay in power but no more. He was a chief backer of Brexit in order to advance his own career. Brexit has hardly pushed the UK and its economy forward. He's by far the most unsuitable PM we've ever had.
Time to go? on 19:13 - Apr 12 with 10302 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 19:03 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

Some of those Dale comparisons come to mind again…

I fully understand your point about our local community coming together to protect the club and its values

Being PM during Brexit, Covid and a Russian invasion is on a rather different scale

Whatever principles might be at stake, i'll take a pragmatic view and in both the local and international sense our current leaders are, imo, on the right track

Time to go? on 19:14 - Apr 12 with 10300 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 19:06 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

It's not money, it's power, status, ego and entitlement. He'll do what he can to stay in power but no more. He was a chief backer of Brexit in order to advance his own career. Brexit has hardly pushed the UK and its economy forward. He's by far the most unsuitable PM we've ever had.

I'm happy to let history judge

Time to go? on 19:26 - Apr 12 with 10269 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 19:14 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

I'm happy to let history judge

Me too, think it's already making its mind up...
Time to go? on 19:30 - Apr 12 with 10260 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 19:26 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

Me too, think it's already making its mind up...

Cracking non sequitur!

Time to go? on 19:40 - Apr 12 with 10234 viewsfinberty

Time to go? on 19:06 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

The Brexit vote was binary and so a 50/50 gamble. The public voted by a majority. As a result, amongst other things, we were all entitled to covid jabs sooner than our EU neighbours were. If you want to see a bad leader - a truly terrible warmonger and slayer of innocents, you will need to look beyond the UK to do so.
Time to go? on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 10214 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 19:30 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

Cracking non sequitur!

Eh? As in history is already making its judgement.
Time to go? on 19:57 - Apr 12 with 10176 viewsTVOS1907

I'm only sorry I missed out on all these drinking sessions in the staffroom after the pupils had gone home.

Oh...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Time to go? on 20:02 - Apr 12 with 10167 viewsrich_dale

Time to go? on 19:40 - Apr 12 by finberty

The Brexit vote was binary and so a 50/50 gamble. The public voted by a majority. As a result, amongst other things, we were all entitled to covid jabs sooner than our EU neighbours were. If you want to see a bad leader - a truly terrible warmonger and slayer of innocents, you will need to look beyond the UK to do so.

Don't think the UK would have been constrained by the EU in getting a vaccine early, although this was claimed by the Government desperate to point to Brexit as advantageous in this. Johnson might not be Putin but he is a woeful leader.
Time to go? on 20:06 - Apr 12 with 10160 viewsD_Alien

Time to go? on 19:48 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

Eh? As in history is already making its judgement.

As in, current opinion just isn't history

Time to go? on 20:07 - Apr 12 with 10159 viewsfinberty

Time to go? on 20:02 - Apr 12 by rich_dale

Don't think the UK would have been constrained by the EU in getting a vaccine early, although this was claimed by the Government desperate to point to Brexit as advantageous in this. Johnson might not be Putin but he is a woeful leader.

Being signed up to the European Medicine Agency, as we once were, would have decreed otherwise.
Time to go? on 20:15 - Apr 12 with 10140 viewsJames1980

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

Fact check is a valuable resource

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024