Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 386303 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 6479 viewshubble

Transfer Rumours on 14:46 - Jun 30 by Northernr

I had the best one in the world on Paros last week. Old taverna, off the tourist trail, run by a Greek woman old as fck, queue out of the door. Ordered one for two, it arrived in a big bowl, more cheese than man, Molten, bubbling, looking like the fcking sun. We let it cool off for about an hour and 45 minutes and then tucked in. I've never eaten anything as nice in my life. I could feel my arteries hardening as it went in. Like eating a beautiful glue. She served us half a metric tonne of it and we spent a glorious 20 minutes ploughing through. Took a taxi back to the hotel, some 250 yards away.

It is most definitely not what Andre Gray's arse needs.

Did you pop over to Antiparos while you were there, Clive? Spent a glorious two weeks there at the end of a 3 month long sojourn in Greece, prior to going to University. This, revealing my age now, was in 1980. Friends have visited many times since and tell me it's still unspoilt.

I'm sure Andre Gray would like it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Transfer Rumours on 15:09 - Jun 30 with 6342 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 14:54 - Jun 30 by hubble

Did you pop over to Antiparos while you were there, Clive? Spent a glorious two weeks there at the end of a 3 month long sojourn in Greece, prior to going to University. This, revealing my age now, was in 1980. Friends have visited many times since and tell me it's still unspoilt.

I'm sure Andre Gray would like it.

No, we were only on Paros for three days so didn't have time, though actually this was a mistake because it was probably our favourite of all the places we went and it would have been nice to have longer there and cut out a couple of the more tourist trap places.
Transfer Rumours on 15:18 - Jun 30 with 6276 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer Rumours on 14:46 - Jun 30 by Northernr

I had the best one in the world on Paros last week. Old taverna, off the tourist trail, run by a Greek woman old as fck, queue out of the door. Ordered one for two, it arrived in a big bowl, more cheese than man, Molten, bubbling, looking like the fcking sun. We let it cool off for about an hour and 45 minutes and then tucked in. I've never eaten anything as nice in my life. I could feel my arteries hardening as it went in. Like eating a beautiful glue. She served us half a metric tonne of it and we spent a glorious 20 minutes ploughing through. Took a taxi back to the hotel, some 250 yards away.

It is most definitely not what Andre Gray's arse needs.

That's my dinner figured out anyway, sounds fantastic. God I love being on holiday.

If Andre moves there he'll be 75% moussaka by Christmas. Defenders bouncing off him, his stickiness will be legendary.
Transfer Rumours on 15:19 - Jun 30 with 6265 viewskensalriser

Transfer Rumours on 14:52 - Jun 30 by DWQPR

Ironic that Gray could be signing for a club called Aris!

Even better, and I'm a scholar of ancient Greece by no means, but even I'm tickled by a Greek club bearing the name Aris.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 15:31 - Jun 30 with 6185 viewsstanistheman

Transfer Rumours on 16:07 - Jun 28 by Lblock

Agreed that looks an absolute steal - they do seem to have the eye for Championship talent don't they? Club well set up in recruitment and youth development.

Do feel we've missed out there... maybe they might look for a loan deal back to this level for him?

I think they would be looking to loan him out again, as they currently have a number of players in similar attacking roles including Zaha, Olise, Ayew, plus Eze.
Transfer Rumours on 15:32 - Jun 30 with 6180 viewsflynnbo

Transfer Rumours on 15:09 - Jun 30 by Northernr

No, we were only on Paros for three days so didn't have time, though actually this was a mistake because it was probably our favourite of all the places we went and it would have been nice to have longer there and cut out a couple of the more tourist trap places.

Went to Paros, Ios and Mykonos back in 1981. Paros was my favourite of the three.
Transfer Rumours on 17:13 - Jun 30 with 5859 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Transfer Rumours on 09:17 - Jun 30 by BklynRanger

I saw mention on 'Fantasy Island' (which seems a lot more calm and reasonable these days) of Nathan Byrne.

A few names floating around that suggest the RB spot is one we're prepared to try to find 'some' cash for.

I’d prefer if we got Dujon Sterling on loan from Chelsea to play at RB. Over 40 Championship games. One year left on his contract. We could possibly pick him up for ‘nothing’ in a years time. I assume Beale would know him and he did well at Blackpool before he got injured. 22. Ticks a lot of boxes.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 17:14]
Transfer Rumours on 17:18 - Jun 30 with 5697 viewsMrSheen

Transfer Rumours on 15:19 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

Even better, and I'm a scholar of ancient Greece by no means, but even I'm tickled by a Greek club bearing the name Aris.

Named after the God of War, not Chopper.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 17:24 - Jun 30 with 5759 viewsPinnerPaul

Transfer Rumours on 17:13 - Jun 30 by Beckenhamhoop

I’d prefer if we got Dujon Sterling on loan from Chelsea to play at RB. Over 40 Championship games. One year left on his contract. We could possibly pick him up for ‘nothing’ in a years time. I assume Beale would know him and he did well at Blackpool before he got injured. 22. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Good knowledge!

I expect with that profile he is on a lot of radars though.
Transfer Rumours on 17:25 - Jun 30 with 5747 viewsNorthernr

We tried for him before, few years ago, and I think if I've got my timing right without going back and looking it was to replace Furlong, and then Kane became available permanently and free transfer so we did that instead lol and he went to Wigan on loan instead.
Transfer Rumours on 17:30 - Jun 30 with 5676 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 17:25 - Jun 30 by Northernr

We tried for him before, few years ago, and I think if I've got my timing right without going back and looking it was to replace Furlong, and then Kane became available permanently and free transfer so we did that instead lol and he went to Wigan on loan instead.

I remember that although not the name. I think Chelsea released about 4 right backs that summer. I would love to know how many players they have for each position who never get a sniff of first-team football
Transfer Rumours on 17:32 - Jun 30 with 5700 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer Rumours on 17:25 - Jun 30 by Northernr

Yes, this was the signing where the tw@tter legends kicked off big time about getting a 'chelsea reject loaner, developing their players for them blah blah' and the club panicked and took Kane instead.

Bare bones.

Transfer Rumours on 17:43 - Jun 30 with 5530 viewsLblock

He sounds almost mustard.

Think I recall seeing him in a couple of televised games and Sky comms (as ever) rattling on about him as a Chelscum prospect and me thinking “he’ll never kick a ball for them in anger”.

From what I recall he is a young black lad, bags of pace and energy, good cross on him and he clotheslined the left midfielder in one game getting a booking.

Who knows who will rock up but at least it seems the club know the problem positions are fullbacks,centre mid and striker(s).
Fill those with great players and the play offs are a shoe in are they not?!?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 18:17 - Jun 30 with 5412 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 17:43 - Jun 30 by Lblock

He sounds almost mustard.

Think I recall seeing him in a couple of televised games and Sky comms (as ever) rattling on about him as a Chelscum prospect and me thinking “he’ll never kick a ball for them in anger”.

From what I recall he is a young black lad, bags of pace and energy, good cross on him and he clotheslined the left midfielder in one game getting a booking.

Who knows who will rock up but at least it seems the club know the problem positions are fullbacks,centre mid and striker(s).
Fill those with great players and the play offs are a shoe in are they not?!?!?

Have we a problem at centre mid? Who would you like to see come in to strengthen this area?
Transfer Rumours on 18:23 - Jun 30 with 5398 viewsdmm

Reading those recent posts above makes me think QPR should be a very attractive proposition for aspiring players not quite making at the top or who've not yet got up there?

Our strategy of 'develop and sell', our new much-lauded head coach and our brand spanking new training facility being built should be turning their heads.

But pound to a penny I bet the vast majority will continue to look to go to or stay in the puppy farms only to be ejected a few years later having never got anywhere near first team football.

I wonder how many excellent young players just give up and move away from football having been rejected by the elite?
Transfer Rumours on 18:24 - Jun 30 with 5393 viewscaliforniahoop

I think we were going to sign him a couple of yrs ago but we got Toad Kane instead, heard good things about him, I would love a signing like that.
Transfer Rumours on 18:30 - Jun 30 with 5346 viewsDannyPaddox

Dugong who?
Transfer Rumours on 20:25 - Jun 30 with 4945 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62002758

Think Sunderland will be the promoted team to make a go of the top 6. That's a good signing.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer Rumours on 20:37 - Jun 30 with 4892 viewsDavieQPR

Suits our profile having had two bad injuries and he is only 22. Unfortunately he is rated by Chelsea and could be included in their squad this year. He is two footed and can play anywhere across the back line. Also fills quotas for home grown and club trained.
Transfer Rumours on 05:11 - Jul 1 with 4253 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 20:25 - Jun 30 by HAYESBOY

Think Sunderland will be the promoted team to make a go of the top 6. That's a good signing.

Damn… that’s another one we were linked with who I’d hoped we’d get once the debt collector went to Germany on a permanent.

Reference centre mid question above.
Yes I do think we’re light there IF we see the Stefan of last year, should the loan form return (which I doubt, maybe flashes of it only) then no problem. Clearly we’ve got Samuel Field but then we’re struggling. My feelings on Amos are on the record but he could yet make me eat my words. Likewise I’m not a fan of Dozzell who is too lightweight but can pick a great pass then stand there admiring it himself. George Thomas is in a Division too high for him, he’s got a great engine but so has a Ford Capri and they don’t cut it on todays roads. Chair I’d say is more of a front three player so that leaves Bettache who I really liked the look of and hoped he’d start flourishing…. Will he?
So with that in mind I’d love to see us reinforce there but clearly we won’t as I’ve listed a number of “options” meaning we simply don’t have the budget.

Focus should rightly remain on right back and strikers.
Clearly we’ll be looking for freebies and loans at reasonable wages from herein and that would concern me on the striker front.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 07:07 - Jul 1 with 4217 viewsDorse

Tosin Kehinde rumour resurfaces on Planet Clickbait - move along.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/30/hell-leave-director-says-qpr-target-will-b

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Rumours on 09:04 - Jul 1 with 3891 viewsMyke

Transfer Rumours on 05:11 - Jul 1 by Lblock

Damn… that’s another one we were linked with who I’d hoped we’d get once the debt collector went to Germany on a permanent.

Reference centre mid question above.
Yes I do think we’re light there IF we see the Stefan of last year, should the loan form return (which I doubt, maybe flashes of it only) then no problem. Clearly we’ve got Samuel Field but then we’re struggling. My feelings on Amos are on the record but he could yet make me eat my words. Likewise I’m not a fan of Dozzell who is too lightweight but can pick a great pass then stand there admiring it himself. George Thomas is in a Division too high for him, he’s got a great engine but so has a Ford Capri and they don’t cut it on todays roads. Chair I’d say is more of a front three player so that leaves Bettache who I really liked the look of and hoped he’d start flourishing…. Will he?
So with that in mind I’d love to see us reinforce there but clearly we won’t as I’ve listed a number of “options” meaning we simply don’t have the budget.

Focus should rightly remain on right back and strikers.
Clearly we’ll be looking for freebies and loans at reasonable wages from herein and that would concern me on the striker front.

Yes I agree with all that, it makes sense. I was just wondering was there someone specific you would like to see come in to do a job there. I don't keep tabs on other teams players- even with Salter playing for Coventry last season I knew very little about him and I had never heard of Paal until 2 weeks ago
Transfer Rumours on 10:20 - Jul 1 with 3665 viewsdaveB

Transfer Rumours on 20:25 - Jun 30 by HAYESBOY

Sunderland are either going to be a car crash again or top 6 imo. They do have a good manager this time so think they will do well.
Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 1 with 3546 viewsSonofpugwash

Loads of Tw*tter posts about Nahki Wells - again.Why? He's 32 and scored three goals last season for gawd's sake.....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 10:22]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer Rumours on 10:25 - Jul 1 with 3622 viewstoboboly

Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 1 by Sonofpugwash

Loads of Tw*tter posts about Nahki Wells - again.Why? He's 32 and scored three goals last season for gawd's sake.....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 10:22]

Same reason you get back together with an ex. You forget the $ hit bits and just remember the good.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024