Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 386378 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 23:52 - Jul 1 with 6067 viewsSouthallRanger

Saw this and thought Forest signed Archer for a moment. Turned out to be false alarm. So still small possibility for us
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 23:55]
Transfer Rumours on 23:54 - Jul 1 with 6048 viewsDavieQPR

Nackered Wells was pretty poor most of the time he was with us. He is now older and even worse than when he was with us. The proverbial barge pole for me.
Transfer Rumours on 04:06 - Jul 2 with 5794 viewsvanrrrr

Be quite funny if the brave new Beale world and data based recruitment Les spoke about led us back to Nakhi Wells…. Our algorithm needs work
Transfer Rumours on 05:41 - Jul 2 with 5718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer Rumours on 23:52 - Jul 1 by SouthallRanger

Saw this and thought Forest signed Archer for a moment. Turned out to be false alarm. So still small possibility for us

#RevealRobinOfLoxley

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer Rumours on 07:10 - Jul 2 with 5626 viewsdavman

Transfer Rumours on 23:52 - Jul 1 by SouthallRanger

If we're after him, there is every chance that bu ch of t0ssers will end up with him.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer Rumours on 10:00 - Jul 2 with 5213 viewshubble

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the LFW punsters dream player, available from BHA on a free, only 23 years of age; one Billy Arce.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/brighton-hove-albion/billy-arce-70974/

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Transfer Rumours on 10:06 - Jul 2 with 5180 viewskernowhoop

Transfer Rumours on 15:42 - Jul 1 by bosh67

Given our budget, get your boots Clive.

You could rely on the fans' support... for a day or so.
Transfer Rumours on 10:28 - Jul 2 with 5101 viewseastside_r

Bringing in a striker is always going to be seen as a marquee signing for a new manager, in that it makes a statement about what he is all about.

Given Beale’s history / track record (and let’s be honest this was a left field appointment), then surely this will be all about which youngster he can entice from a bloated Prem squad.

(And all that, only if he thinks we need one rather than developing one of our own youngsters.)

Gone are the days (good) when a marquee striker signing for QPR would be Djibril Cisse.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 5092 viewsgolborne

Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Jul 1 by Northernr

If Bristol City had taken Wells off us on January 1 nobody would have been arsd. The deal he got there, and all the love he's shown here, is basically based on one hot month supplied by Eze and Bright at their best. Previous season when he missed those lame penalties against Forest and Brum most people didn't even want him back on loan.

Wells isn’t a prolific goal scorer, and likely never will be now. However, he is incredibly aggressive and works really hard on the press, and we’re lead to believe Beale likes his teams to play with an intensive press from the front back (gonna be interesting how that one works for Willock, cos as great as he is, he was our weak spot there last season to point where we stopped doing it as a team in the 2nd half of the season). Wells most productive time here saw him playing behind Hugill in the 3 behind, but often going beyond him when the opposition had the ball, or trying to pick up scraps off Hugill. He links up play well and works defenders hard + has a strikers instinct without being prolific. I would go further and say that the high press in the early part of the season created a lot of opportunities for Eze, cos he was there collecting the loose balls and bringing the game back to them. As a squad player to add something different in certain games and hopefully more, I’m more than up for this, but we do need a potential goal scorer. Maybe there’s something to work on with Sinclair, but optimistically Id hopefully see a few sub appearances by Xmas and on from there.
Transfer Rumours on 10:36 - Jul 2 with 5054 viewsBklynRanger

That's a much better version of what I was mumbling about yesterday afternoon.
Transfer Rumours on 10:54 - Jul 2 with 4976 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Jul 2 by golborne

Wells isn’t a prolific goal scorer, and likely never will be now. However, he is incredibly aggressive and works really hard on the press, and we’re lead to believe Beale likes his teams to play with an intensive press from the front back (gonna be interesting how that one works for Willock, cos as great as he is, he was our weak spot there last season to point where we stopped doing it as a team in the 2nd half of the season). Wells most productive time here saw him playing behind Hugill in the 3 behind, but often going beyond him when the opposition had the ball, or trying to pick up scraps off Hugill. He links up play well and works defenders hard + has a strikers instinct without being prolific. I would go further and say that the high press in the early part of the season created a lot of opportunities for Eze, cos he was there collecting the loose balls and bringing the game back to them. As a squad player to add something different in certain games and hopefully more, I’m more than up for this, but we do need a potential goal scorer. Maybe there’s something to work on with Sinclair, but optimistically Id hopefully see a few sub appearances by Xmas and on from there.

That's a well observed and reasoned comment on Wacky Nells. I guess what may be largely unknown is what he'd be like now after 2.5 years away from QPR. At 32 can he still provide a hard press and energetic performance? I can't say I've seen much of him at Brizzle.

Also, given our small budget, can we afford to employ a low scoring striker, particularly as Dykes isn't prolific? Last season the team shared the goals around well in the first half but I think the second half of the season suggested we required a striker who could find the back of the net on a regular basis.
Transfer Rumours on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 4922 viewsdistortR

Transfer Rumours on 10:00 - Jul 2 by hubble

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the LFW punsters dream player, available from BHA on a free, only 23 years of age; one Billy Arce.

Dykes Arce might be potent.
Transfer Rumours on 11:12 - Jul 2 with 4892 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Transfer Rumours on 15:37 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Wells is indeed on silly money at Bristol City. But it is nowhere near the stupendously ridiculous money Andre Gray was on at Watford.

Wells was also a decent pro here. Gray was not.

There was always more chance of me playing up front for QPR next season than Andre Gray.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What did Gray do here that was so bad? I keep seeing allusions to him being a wrong un but on the pitch he was the best of an admittedly poor bunch of strikers last season.
Transfer Rumours on 11:25 - Jul 2 with 4822 viewsDorse

Transfer Rumours on 10:00 - Jul 2 by hubble

It's like you're actually trying to get me in trouble, Hud.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Rumours on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 4441 viewsbosh67

Tyler Roberts being muted in as a loan from Leeds. 23, striker, averages 1 in 7 so far... so should fit in well to offset Dyke's various lean patches.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Rumours on 13:01 - Jul 2 with 4394 viewsdavman

Transfer Rumours on 12:53 - Jul 2 by bosh67

Tyler Roberts being muted in as a loan from Leeds. 23, striker, averages 1 in 7 so far... so should fit in well to offset Dyke's various lean patches.

Thing is though; PROVEN prolific strikers are 'Kin expensive. We are going to have to hope that Chair, Willock, Amos, Dykes and the other striker we need to bring in score 10 each this season.

We tried the lower level prolific ones with Washington and Kelman, took a chance on Bonne and none of them has worked for us.

Lack of goals from Midfield was a big disappointment from last season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer Rumours on 13:10 - Jul 2 with 4316 viewsLazyFan

Transfer Rumours on 11:12 - Jul 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

What did Gray do here that was so bad? I keep seeing allusions to him being a wrong un but on the pitch he was the best of an admittedly poor bunch of strikers last season.

His stats for us look okay with 1 in 3.
And also some nice finishes with a worldie against Derby in the last few mins on Sky TV no less!!!

What's not to like? Well ...

He seems to be a bit of 'my way of the highway' type player, as in you have to play to his strengths. Which is over the top, which would be reasonable but he isn't that fast, despite the expectation that he was as Warbs said a player with pace to stretch the oppo back into their own half to then create space for Willock and Chair to receive the ball and do damage. This rarely happened as he actually did not have this mythical pace to do it, despite being an excellent finisher.

Rumours persist that after a few games and goals he could not be arsed. Les had to get involved, is the rumour, to complain about him and tell him to his face (despite Warbs being the manager) that he was being paid a lot of money and should get his arse in gear. Shortly afterwards the goals started appearing again and he started running around a lot more when he was playing. Which sort of suggests that Les was correct and he was being lazy, assuming said rumour is true.

That along with the rumours and we being burned before with Prem shirkers coming down and taking us for ride, along with Austin starting to go as a warning even if they do wanna play, means no one really wants him back.

Once again QPR has been great for an older Prem failing striker to look good here to get another move elsewhere.
The difference between these types of players and Uncle is stark.

Despite his stats looking decent, we can sum it up with the phrase "Flattered to deceive".

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer Rumours on 13:14 - Jul 2 with 4300 viewsBazzeR

Tyler Roberts fits in with what MB spoke about previously,” to bring in on loan with a view to buy”

Bielsa kept playing him during his tenure.
Transfer Rumours on 14:51 - Jul 2 with 3962 viewsSonofpugwash

Seeing Roberts playing for Wales in qualification for the World Cup not at all impressive.But I suppose as an intenational participant and being an R's player would make things a little interesting - but then we thought that about Conor Washington.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer Rumours on 15:04 - Jul 2 with 3891 viewsDWQPR

Given the amount of photos of Sinclair Armstrong during pre-season training why do I think that Beale will look to give him plenty of game time this season? The lad is obviously physical enough for the demands of the championship and if we have the creativity behind him then he should get plenty of decent service which he more than likely wouldn’t have gotten in the conference.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer Rumours on 15:09 - Jul 2 with 3869 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 15:04 - Jul 2 by DWQPR

Given the amount of photos of Sinclair Armstrong during pre-season training why do I think that Beale will look to give him plenty of game time this season? The lad is obviously physical enough for the demands of the championship and if we have the creativity behind him then he should get plenty of decent service which he more than likely wouldn’t have gotten in the conference.

Well possibly but there have been plenty of pics showing other 23s such as Drewe, Ajose and Gubbins but I'd be very surprised if they made the squad this season.
Transfer Rumours on 15:31 - Jul 2 with 3779 viewsBklynRanger

I thought Drewe looked decent when he came on in that cup game, and quick. Not enough to see him as a season-long option but was encouraging.
Transfer Rumours on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 3664 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer Rumours on 13:10 - Jul 2 by LazyFan

His stats for us look okay with 1 in 3.
And also some nice finishes with a worldie against Derby in the last few mins on Sky TV no less!!!

What's not to like? Well ...

He seems to be a bit of 'my way of the highway' type player, as in you have to play to his strengths. Which is over the top, which would be reasonable but he isn't that fast, despite the expectation that he was as Warbs said a player with pace to stretch the oppo back into their own half to then create space for Willock and Chair to receive the ball and do damage. This rarely happened as he actually did not have this mythical pace to do it, despite being an excellent finisher.

Rumours persist that after a few games and goals he could not be arsed. Les had to get involved, is the rumour, to complain about him and tell him to his face (despite Warbs being the manager) that he was being paid a lot of money and should get his arse in gear. Shortly afterwards the goals started appearing again and he started running around a lot more when he was playing. Which sort of suggests that Les was correct and he was being lazy, assuming said rumour is true.

That along with the rumours and we being burned before with Prem shirkers coming down and taking us for ride, along with Austin starting to go as a warning even if they do wanna play, means no one really wants him back.

Once again QPR has been great for an older Prem failing striker to look good here to get another move elsewhere.
The difference between these types of players and Uncle is stark.

Despite his stats looking decent, we can sum it up with the phrase "Flattered to deceive".

Without Grays goals last season we would have been 13 points worse off on 53 points down in 17th ish, forgive me if not accurate

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer Rumours on 17:27 - Jul 2 with 3348 viewsMatch82

Transfer Rumours on 15:04 - Jul 2 by DWQPR

Its easy to read too much into this stuff but sometimes I do think there's something there. I remember a pre season game a couple of years ago when Dieng was playing and the amount that Sinton and London we're going over the top about simple things he was doing was a bit weird and felt really forced. Shortly after he was our number 1
Transfer Rumours on 18:51 - Jul 2 with 3053 viewsNed_Kennedys

Surprised so many have written Wells off: did a good job for us hence why he got a big money move.
If we get him for free and low wages he’d be a great squad signing and a big step up from Kelman and Bonne and would work well with Dykes IMO.

Gray was our best forward last season by a long way as well.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024