Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 386377 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 10:31 - Jul 1 with 5056 viewsNorthernr

If Bristol City had taken Wells off us on January 1 nobody would have been arsd. The deal he got there, and all the love he's shown here, is basically based on one hot month supplied by Eze and Bright at their best. Previous season when he missed those lame penalties against Forest and Brum most people didn't even want him back on loan.
Transfer Rumours on 10:32 - Jul 1 with 5032 viewsSonofpugwash

Transfer Rumours on 10:25 - Jul 1 by toboboly

Same reason you get back together with an ex. You forget the $ hit bits and just remember the good.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - Jul 1 with 4579 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer Rumours on 10:21 - Jul 1 by Sonofpugwash

Loads of Tw*tter posts about Nahki Wells - again.Why? He's 32 and scored three goals last season for gawd's sake.....
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 10:22]

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bristol-city-nahki-wells-010

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer Rumours on 14:38 - Jul 1 with 4546 viewsRangersw12

Transfer Rumours on 14:32 - Jul 1 by R_from_afar

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bristol-city-nahki-wells-010

According to the article it sounds unlikely

If it does happen it stinks of TF input trying to appease the fans with a fans favourite
Transfer Rumours on 15:10 - Jul 1 with 4380 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Maybe we should wait and see first but I would be surprised by this signing
Transfer Rumours on 15:20 - Jul 1 with 4334 viewsNorthernr

It would be a poor signing. And like Austin exactly the same angry little boy Twitter accounts currently creaming their pencil dicks about the possibility of him returning would be the first ones getting aggressive and OTT with the criticism when he turns out to not be the messiah they expected.

The only thing I could say in support of it is David Justice-style City are so desperate to be rid of the ridiculous contract they gave him to get him in the first place that we might be able to get him for free, and with them swallowing a chunk of salary. As repeatedly said I think the budget is basically non-existent now after Paal and JCS and we're going to be relying on loans for RB and CF positions we desperately need so being able to get somebody we know and seemingly like on a cut price deal to fill in for a year does have some merit.

But overall I'm very much a no on this one.
Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Jul 1 with 4245 viewsLogman

Transfer Rumours on 15:20 - Jul 1 by Northernr

It would be a poor signing. And like Austin exactly the same angry little boy Twitter accounts currently creaming their pencil dicks about the possibility of him returning would be the first ones getting aggressive and OTT with the criticism when he turns out to not be the messiah they expected.

The only thing I could say in support of it is David Justice-style City are so desperate to be rid of the ridiculous contract they gave him to get him in the first place that we might be able to get him for free, and with them swallowing a chunk of salary. As repeatedly said I think the budget is basically non-existent now after Paal and JCS and we're going to be relying on loans for RB and CF positions we desperately need so being able to get somebody we know and seemingly like on a cut price deal to fill in for a year does have some merit.

We might as well have kept Andre Gray if there is any truth in this. Nakhi Wells is not the player that we need at the peak of the 3 up front. Hopefully Beale doesn't get hood-winked into this and holds out for a better striker that he will have crossed paths with in his coaching career.
Transfer Rumours on 15:37 - Jul 1 with 4213 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Jul 1 by Logman

We might as well have kept Andre Gray if there is any truth in this. Nakhi Wells is not the player that we need at the peak of the 3 up front. Hopefully Beale doesn't get hood-winked into this and holds out for a better striker that he will have crossed paths with in his coaching career.

Wells is indeed on silly money at Bristol City. But it is nowhere near the stupendously ridiculous money Andre Gray was on at Watford.

Wells was also a decent pro here. Gray was not.

There was always more chance of me playing up front for QPR next season than Andre Gray.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 15:42 - Jul 1 with 4181 viewsbosh67

Transfer Rumours on 15:37 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Wells is indeed on silly money at Bristol City. But it is nowhere near the stupendously ridiculous money Andre Gray was on at Watford.

There was always more chance of me playing up front for QPR next season than Andre Gray.

Given our budget, get your boots Clive.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Rumours on 15:42 - Jul 1 with 4178 viewsBostonR

Transfer Rumours on 15:37 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Nuts to be even talking about Gray and Wells. We need to get Dykes firing (I am not confident on that one) and Bonne is not Championship material. The CF call this season will make or break us.
Transfer Rumours on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 4131 viewsderbyhoop

Why would we want a 32 yo whose 021/22 appearance and goals numbers not impressive. For a team that finished below us and is on a ridiculous wedge. Even if we got him on a free, there's no sell on value. Is he better than Bonne, Kelman or,even, Armstrong?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer Rumours on 15:51 - Jul 1 with 4113 viewsDannytheR

You'd assume we're in the queue for both Archer and Parrott. Going to be a big, early test of Beale's pulling power who we can loan in, as most of the Championship are going to be circling the same set of strikers.

Oh, and no ta to Nahki.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 15:52]
Transfer Rumours on 15:59 - Jul 1 with 4052 viewsWestbourneR

I must be in a minority of one that thinks Wells isn't a bad option.

Sometimes a player and club just gel and I think that's the case with Nakhi and QPR.

If we can get him for a super knock down fee and get his wages into realistic territory then I'd be keen.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 16:03 - Jul 1 with 4018 viewsdmm

Transfer Rumours on 15:20 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Is it really a done thing for a permanent signing to come with the selling club paying the player's salary? Never heard of that before.
Transfer Rumours on 16:08 - Jul 1 with 3959 viewskensalriser

Wells isn't the answer unless the question is what would be a good way to spunk a fair amount of remaining budget on a player whose best years are well behind him, hasn't shown any recent form and is unlikely to start 20+ games

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 16:18 - Jul 1 with 3865 viewscpgerber

Transfer Rumours on 16:03 - Jul 1 by dmm

Is it really a done thing for a permanent signing to come with the selling club paying the player's salary? Never heard of that before.

No, but I recall we got someone on similar circumstances where he was released with a % of his salary due being paid out. That then can be seen as a sort of signing bonus compensating for the lower wages.

Let's say Wells is on 1.5m a year... they release him and give him 500K to buy off his contract. They save 1m and he is, in theory, ok to accept a lower salary with that 500K compensating for it.
Transfer Rumours on 16:21 - Jul 1 with 3838 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer Rumours on 16:03 - Jul 1 by dmm

Enter stage left Robbie Fowler.

Leeds needed him off the books, and as I recall, Manchester City were only able/prepared to pay half his wages and Leeds made up the difference for what was left on his Leeds contract.

The other way is for the club to pay the departing player a big lump sum to make up the difference between what a new club can/will pay and what his wage is at the current club. I believe we paid Sheron a big whack to go to Barnsley.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer Rumours on 16:27 - Jul 1 with 3801 viewsNorthernr

Gray nearly came here on a perm last summer but it couldn't be agreed how much of his colossal wage Watford were willing to swallow to make that happen so we did a loan in the end, which is good news in hindsight.
Transfer Rumours on 16:29 - Jul 1 with 3783 viewsBklynRanger

Unless we treat him like a bit of a 'mature 10'? I always thought his link up play and runs were his strongest point - could be interesting seeing that in combination with Illy and Willy in Beale's Maelstrom of Mayhem.

But he'd have to do all that salary-swallowing stuff as a bare minimum, and I have recently opened the wine.
Transfer Rumours on 16:54 - Jul 1 with 3603 viewsfrancisbowles

I've been one of Wells persistent critics on here. I didn't want him to come back for a second spell and constantly highlighted his poor form whenever his name has come up.

However, our most experienced striker is Dykes and he seemed to display his best form for us, so far, when Austin came in on loan. Therefore, I can just about see some positivity in this if the numbers add up. He (Wells) has been a fairly good striker previously and he would definitely be more mobile than Austin, although, he doesn't give you much when defending set pieces. With Willock and others creating for him, he would score more for us than he has in the last couple of years. It might be worth the risk for his experience and, with five subs, as another option to come off the bench.
Transfer Rumours on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 3566 viewsDorse

Transfer Rumours on 16:29 - Jul 1 by BklynRanger

Unless we treat him like a bit of a 'mature 10'? I always thought his link up play and runs were his strongest point - could be interesting seeing that in combination with Illy and Willy in Beale's Maelstrom of Mayhem.

But he'd have to do all that salary-swallowing stuff as a bare minimum, and I have recently opened the wine.

I'd like to see us sign an immature 10, who will constantly snigger at 'Illy and Willy'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer Rumours on 17:17 - Jul 1 with 3470 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 15:48 - Jul 1 by derbyhoop

Why would we want a 32 yo whose 021/22 appearance and goals numbers not impressive. For a team that finished below us and is on a ridiculous wedge. Even if we got him on a free, there's no sell on value. Is he better than Bonne, Kelman or,even, Armstrong?

To answer your question - yes, yes and no idea but he’s just a kid.

Sometimes players don’t click at a club for a variety of reasons.
Nik Nak was signed by a different Manager to the one who ended up in charge and maybe he fell out with the wolf wrestler. I also recall Brizzle were playing him wide left a lot of the times he did appear???

IF there’s a deal to be done within our budget PLUS a bit left over to hold in the tank then I’d have him back. He’s very much a streaky striker and like all of em needs good service - he doesn’t craft his own goals if you get what I mean. My questions would be - is the pace still there? Does befit with how Pete wants to set us up? Is he still bang up for it and willing to be a senior pro example setter?

We’ll see…..

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 17:57 - Jul 1 with 3335 viewsDannyPaddox

Transfer Rumours on 16:29 - Jul 1 by BklynRanger

Unleash the Mayhem!
Transfer Rumours on 18:13 - Jul 1 with 3232 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer Rumours on 19:12 - Jul 1 with 2997 viewsDannytheR

Transfer Rumours on 17:57 - Jul 1 by DannyPaddox

Unleash the Mayhem!

Saw 'em support Permanent Blancmange back in '86. Quite a night.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024