Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread 08:27 - Feb 2 with 53000 viewsSpaceman_P

Right guys,

As I am up and awake. I have decided to start the Blackburn thread for the weekend.

Optimistic 2 - 1 tight game. Goals from Chair and a Penalty by Dykes.

They (Blackburn) will score before half time and hit the bar!!! but we will get something out of this.

Paul
[Post edited 3 Feb 14:02]
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Feb 3 with 2763 viewsJuzzie

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:44 - Feb 3 by colinallcars

Danny, i've never been a particular adherent to music of the popular variety. Could you explain ?

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:10 - Feb 3 with 2669 viewscolinallcars

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Feb 3 by Juzzie

Thanks J.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:11 - Feb 3 with 2675 viewsrbee

I think the top strikers are born with strikers instinct, Lineker, Shearer etc. Our own Clive Allen scored a hat trick on his full debut which included a one on one with the Coventry keeper.

Sincs brings an awful lot to the table, defenders hate playing against his pace and strength. I don't think he is a natural centre forward though and I don't think you can be coached in to being one.

Dykes also has a role in the team, always gives 100%

But at the end of the day we have two strikers who rarely score goals which contributes to our current 22nd place in the league, a situation I would hate to carry over in to next season.

Like others I think Armstrong might be better playing in a wider role.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:13 - Feb 3 with 2657 viewsDannyPaddox

Great convo between Hunter & Brian Mac. Deserves its own thread. I have my own tuppence to add but too busy right now partying like its £19.99!
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:18 - Feb 3 with 2609 viewscolinallcars

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:13 - Feb 3 by DannyPaddox

Great convo between Hunter & Brian Mac. Deserves its own thread. I have my own tuppence to add but too busy right now partying like its £19.99!

I remember when you could get a pint for £19.99
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:30 - Feb 3 with 2527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:52 - Feb 3 by Hunterhoop

Sceptical, Brian. Can’t think of many professional sportsmen who initially displayed a lack of composure only for it to become something they had.

More specifically, which forward began their career with no composure only to find it?

I’ll bow to your better knowledge, Bri, but it has to be rare, not common, hence why I think it’s unlikely with Armstrong. But I live in hope. And I’d definitely stick with him. Nightmare to defend against.

I'm saying that you can coach it and tune it, Hunter

Ferdinand is one example we all can recognise. His shot map increased massively. By the end he was in between the posts most of the time in terms of positioning/anticipation, and in the corners most of the time in terms of finishing. Huge change from when he started. If it was a born instinct, why did he improve? I used to watch the training. He was coached at Rangers by our coaches. Knowledge.

I could name loads of GAA players you wouldn't know who also picked this knowledge up very quickly.

But I also agree that it's rare that you can swing from poor to good, one extreme to another. As I said during the game today about Armstrong on a Whatsapp Group - "he'd want to be learning soon".

Finally, I agree with you that I would stick with him.

His overall game suits us. Even today.
[Post edited 3 Feb 23:34]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:35 - Feb 3 with 2509 viewsrbee

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 3 by HAYESBOY

Results mean now that everyone from 16th down is in the mix.

Nice.

I would be more optimistic than that and say 14th based on Bristol's current form although I think Plymouth will be ok currently in 15th place.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 00:04 - Feb 4 with 2375 viewsthemodfather

An unexpected win at a ground usually a graveyard for us , huge win and well done the team boss and the fans who went , 7 pts from 9 in last three keeps us hoping , Hodge took his goal very well
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 00:16 - Feb 4 with 2361 viewsAntti_Heinola

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Woo-hoo!

I'm having a serious season on us. I have no qualms about betting that we'll win, lose or draw. I don't believe in karma or bets altering the outcome of game. If you, I and all Rangers fans know that the odds are off in our favour or otherwise at 2.45pm, 3.15pm, 3.45pm etc I'll take a few quid here and a few quid there no problem.

It's hard to turn our backs on the accumulated knowledge on here.
I must stress that I bet small and I'm very disciplined.

But I've won 17 bets out of 20 this season.
Enjoy the drinks, but please bet and drink respons...etc.

You may not believe, but I do.
I very successfully jinxed Heilik last week. Had him on to score at any time, to score with a header (I think I had that at 18-1, which considering he's scored 8 goals, most from set pieces and with his head, and our record with set pieces, seemed insane) and to score first goal. He did none of the above, and went off injured. Jinx successfully applied.

Bare bones.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 00:30 - Feb 4 with 2321 viewsAntti_Heinola

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:30 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Ferdinand is one example we all can recognise. His shot map increased massively. By the end he was in between the posts most of the time in terms of positioning/anticipation, and in the corners most of the time in terms of finishing. Huge change from when he started. If it was a born instinct, why did he improve? I used to watch the training. He was coached at Rangers by our coaches. Knowledge.

I could name loads of GAA players you wouldn't know who also picked this knowledge up very quickly.

But I also agree that it's rare that you can swing from poor to good, one extreme to another. As I said during the game today about Armstrong on a Whatsapp Group - "he'd want to be learning soon".

Good discussion. I think it's fairly common for young strikers to struggle a little to score early on in their careers before they go on a little run and things seem to 'click'. Harry Kane was just under a goal every 5 games in his first 56 appearances out on loan. Still miles better than Sincs of course, who's got about 3 in just under that time (although admittedly more of his apps have come off the bench) and of course he's not going to be Harry Kane! But, still. It's taken Solanke half his career to find his shooting boots. But whether that's young players finding their composure, or they already had it but they just improved as players / gained the necessary confidence, I couldn't tell you.
Vardy was prolific at Fleetwood in non-league, but scored 5 goals in his first Leicester season (managing just 3 in a year at one point). Then halfway through his second season, BAM. he was off, 9 in his last 15 games, doubling his tally for the previous 18 months.
Not saying that will happen with Sinclair, or even that it's comparable, just that strikers are effing weird.

Bare bones.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 03:10 - Feb 4 with 2227 viewsnix

Interesting conversation about whether you can coach composure.

I wouldn’t have thought you could learn to sing either but listen to this one:

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 04:48 - Feb 4 with 2176 viewsQPROslo

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 by eastside_r

He’s clearly improving. His hold up play with back to goal has come on leaps and bounds.

This 100%. Armstrong has improved considerably since the start of this season and since Marti came in. He can certainly improve further and as long as he stays fit I expect he will.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 06:37 - Feb 4 with 2090 viewsNorthantsHoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 23:30 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Armstrong had a great game yesterday that turn of speed and strength really frightens defenders. He has just got to keep working on final touch and finishing. Whereas in first half his break into box and falling to play a pass rather than shoot, he played a great through ball to Hodge to score that vital 2nd goal and that shows to me his decision making is improving. A rough diamond we need to keep polishing that speed is key to us getting goals eventually, we just need to get someone up there with him from midfield to pounce on his shots or take a pass. The new boy Hodge looks pacy could be the one to unlock the goals.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 08:24 - Feb 4 with 1935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 00:16 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

You may not believe, but I do.
I very successfully jinxed Heilik last week. Had him on to score at any time, to score with a header (I think I had that at 18-1, which considering he's scored 8 goals, most from set pieces and with his head, and our record with set pieces, seemed insane) and to score first goal. He did none of the above, and went off injured. Jinx successfully applied.

I actually do believe. Have done since Cifuentes' first game. My only worry of late has been squad depth but we've helped ourselves on that front as well with three new bodies in.

It's been nice to bet on us winning of late. If I keep doing that and you keep betting on the oppo's top scorer, we'll stay up, meet you in the Isle of Man and we'll get píssed on any few bob we've managed to accumulate.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 08:43 - Feb 4 with 1899 viewsGus_iom

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 08:24 - Feb 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually do believe. Have done since Cifuentes' first game. My only worry of late has been squad depth but we've helped ourselves on that front as well with three new bodies in.

It's been nice to bet on us winning of late. If I keep doing that and you keep betting on the oppo's top scorer, we'll stay up, meet you in the Isle of Man and we'll get píssed on any few bob we've managed to accumulate.

You'd be better off investing all your winnings in the TAX FREE HAVEN, the Isle of Man.
As a resident of said island, I can help you make YOUR money work harder for YOU.
Simply send your money to me, where it will rest in my account while I detaxify it, etc etc
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 08:46 - Feb 4 with 1885 viewsGus_iom

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 08:43 - Feb 4 by Gus_iom

You'd be better off investing all your winnings in the TAX FREE HAVEN, the Isle of Man.
As a resident of said island, I can help you make YOUR money work harder for YOU.
Simply send your money to me, where it will rest in my account while I detaxify it, etc etc

If you'd come yesterday, you could have witnessed pascal chimbonda's Skelmdale team get a dicking from FC IoM.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:13 - Feb 4 with 1676 viewsNortholt_Rs

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 18:52 - Feb 3 by kensalriser

Blackburn looked absolutely beaten until the ref gave them a lifeline with the incorrect decision against Armstrong. We were good value for the win and now look to have a realistic more than merely hopeful chance of staying up. On the negative side we won't face many teams in such poor form, they have 5 points from the last ten games.
[Post edited 3 Feb 19:26]

Which would ordinarily guarantee us losing to them! Massive, massive result. So….hiw do we think we’ll do v Naaarwich at LR on Saturday? See you all there! COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 4 with 1671 viewsBurnleyhoop

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with you. I'd extend him if possible.

On a side note, I think it is possible to coach composure and finishing. I'm amazed that anyone think's that it's not possible. It's one of football's laziest clichés.

Today was a bad day for him, and he was still a threat. You have to like that

Sorry Brian I have to disagree. Not sure if you have ever played or not, but composure and goal scoring prowess is natural and instinctive. Armstrong panics the moment he thinks he has an opportunity and has minimal awareness of what is going on around him. The Hodge goal showed exactly how to compose yourself in a goal scoring opportunity. Within a few seconds he adjusted his body shape to face the goal, looked up to determine the position of the goal and keeper, waited for him to commit and lifted the ball into the far corner. Armstrong typically has his head down and lashes at it.

Defences hate him though and he causes havoc with his pace and aggression. What he needs coaching on is how to get his head up and be aware of what’s going on around him and bring his teammates into play. He just needs to calm down and relax, as he absolutely runs on adrenalin to the point of burning himself out.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:49 - Feb 4 with 1590 viewsOldPedro

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 4 by Burnleyhoop

Sorry Brian I have to disagree. Not sure if you have ever played or not, but composure and goal scoring prowess is natural and instinctive. Armstrong panics the moment he thinks he has an opportunity and has minimal awareness of what is going on around him. The Hodge goal showed exactly how to compose yourself in a goal scoring opportunity. Within a few seconds he adjusted his body shape to face the goal, looked up to determine the position of the goal and keeper, waited for him to commit and lifted the ball into the far corner. Armstrong typically has his head down and lashes at it.

Defences hate him though and he causes havoc with his pace and aggression. What he needs coaching on is how to get his head up and be aware of what’s going on around him and bring his teammates into play. He just needs to calm down and relax, as he absolutely runs on adrenalin to the point of burning himself out.

On the way to the game yesterday, I was listening to Radio 5 live and they were talking about Calvert-Lewin and his lack of goals this season (this was before he scored yesterday). They talked about a 1 on 1 chance he had in a previous game and how he had run from half way with the ball and ended up hitting it straight at the keeper.

Dion Dublin was on and he talked about confident strikers in good form in that situation, know what they are going to do as soon as they get the ball whereas when a striker is out of form, they tend to be indecisive and wait.

Maybe this is part of the problem with Armstrong - he is getting into good positions with out really knowing what he wants to do. The exception was his goal against Bournemouth where he seemed ho know exactly waht he wanted to do.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 11:01 - Feb 4 with 1562 viewsPunteR

Armstrong needs experience more than anything. Composure, timing , technique can be coached but implementing them in a match takes a certain amount of natural ability ( that's why none of us are footballers) plus professional coaching.
I think if i spent my week kicking a ball around and being trained by top coaches everyday id massively improve.
[Post edited 4 Feb 11:02]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 11:14 - Feb 4 with 1535 viewsGus_iom

I really like Armstrong, and think we are seeing consistent improvement. Gets us up the pitch quickly, if defenders get to the ball before him, generally they stick it out for a throw in - no one wants to turn and play the ball with him about, all speed and physicality. Noticed he was also following up Chair's goal - start of the season he was standing and watching that.
Quick aside, I've been a critic of him, but Willock did some good work tracking back and defending yesterday.
All good!
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 1513 viewsbaz_qpr

The thing about Armstrong is he made practically all those chances himself.

Don't underestimate how much harder it is to have a deft touch when you are using explosive power very very few players can ran at pace with complete control over the ball. The second goal came when he slowed down and then played the pass, so he has it in him.

Decision making can be coached to be instinctive by consistent practice he needs to learn that if ends up in a particular zone on the field to look for the pass / cut back not shoot. To either shoot early for the corners of the goal before the keeper can set or to move it for the angle. He needs to be able to do this without having to think about it
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 11:42 - Feb 4 with 1472 viewsBostonR

Well I think Sinclair has been given instructions to shoot once he gets in the box. It’s noticeable that he looks to fire off as soon as he steps foot in the box. The opportunity yesterday came to him too quickly and he couldn’t get a shot off.
Clearly he’s been told to let loose and if the keeper can’t make the save either him or someone else should be on the loose ball.
Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 4 with 1338 viewsAntti_Heinola

I do as a knee jerk automatically disagree with anyone who says ‘you can’t coach that’. Well, they couldn’t do it as 4 year old. You look at how very few top class coaches England has produced in the last 30 years, and it’s attitudes like that that must pay a part. Just like Hoddle saying there’sno point practising penalties because you can’t recreate the match situation. Well, Germany lost their first ever shoot out, then never lost another for about 40 years. Only an idiot would say that was either winning the lottery or down to some imagined national innate advantage. Same with strikers, I think. Yes, the real top class ones like Rush, Lineker, Kane etc do seem to have that sixth sense, but that doesn’t mean they never worked on it or didn’t practice shooting or train to improve. That’s absurd. So can someone like Sinclair be coached to be a Lineker-like finisher? Well, no. But can he be coached to *improve* his ability in front of goal. Of course he bloody can. Why bother with coaching at all if not?!

Bare bones.

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 15:03 - Feb 4 with 1163 viewsFG_R

Alan Shearer spanking Chris Sutton in the shower - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 4 by Burnleyhoop

Joe Hodge’s composure in taking his goal was superb. He looks like a really good loan signing. (1min 7 seconds on)
).

In yesterday’s AFCON game between South Africa and Cape Verde there was a similar chance that was missed showing that even with such chances there is still a lot of work to do - (1 min 9 seconds on)

Sinclair Armstrong’s speed and power will aways enable him to create chances out of thin air – not to mention the fact that the Blackburn defence seemed petrified of him yesterday. The trick for Marti will be to find a way of getting Sinclair to most effectively combine his talents with the different talents of players like Joe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024