Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 45956 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 10:24 - May 17 with 3829 viewsNorthernr

Departures in the development squad on 00:17 - May 17 by 222gers

Well, you must admit you're looking forward to his next pronouncement !
I am.

We're considering doing "Christian Nourry's LinkedIn Match Preview No.1 In The Series..." as next year's running joke in the previews.
Departures in the development squad on 10:38 - May 17 with 3756 viewsCateLeBonR

Departures in the development squad on 18:46 - May 16 by Pdog

“The floor is his to grab this next step with both hands.”

Grabbing the opportunity not the floor haha
Floor = Stage to shine obvs

Jude the Cat used to grab the floor with both hands (or paws). Unfortunately that wasn’t all he used to grab (allegedly).
Departures in the development squad on 12:37 - May 17 with 3535 viewsswisscottage

Departures in the development squad on 19:01 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

1) bad grammar, 2) grabbing the next a step is still a completely botched metaphor.

You take a next step. You can’t grab a next step. It’s a classic mixed metaphor. It’s nonsense and forgivable in spoken language but not a written press release! Just say “he has an opportunity to succeed”, or better still be specific, “he has an opportunity to break into the first team in X years”, giving us a sense of the timeframe the club have set on him reaching the standard required at QPR.

I often grab the next step when stumbling home drunk ;)
Departures in the development squad on 13:36 - May 17 with 3387 views89_50

Departures in the development squad on 10:24 - May 17 by Northernr

We're considering doing "Christian Nourry's LinkedIn Match Preview No.1 In The Series..." as next year's running joke in the previews.

Chat GPNourry
Departures in the development squad on 10:47 - May 18 with 3051 viewsfrancisbowles

Departures in the development squad on 15:27 - May 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Aston is correct, fb.

Post-Brexit, players from the South are not allowed to sign for English, Welsh or Scottish clubs until they are 18.

Thanks Brian and apologies to Aston. Is this only a football thing?
Departures in the development squad on 16:25 - May 18 with 2851 viewsderbyhoop

And, today, we've added Rohan Vaughan to the DS. Striker who scored for Burnley against our U18s.
[Post edited 19 May 14:55]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 17:22 - May 18 with 2758 viewsTGRRRSSS

Departures in the development squad on 23:28 - May 14 by Third_Division_South

Don’t forget a club like Bristol City has a big geographical area to pick up players from. We’ve got three PL within 5 miles.

True but still large geographical with a huge number of population 7f you include basically London and Home Counties all of which is doable
Departures in the development squad on 18:07 - May 18 with 2683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Departures in the development squad on 10:47 - May 18 by francisbowles

Thanks Brian and apologies to Aston. Is this only a football thing?

I'm not sure, FB, sorry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 18:13 - May 18 with 2648 viewsDavieQPR

'Computer says no'.
Departures in the development squad on 18:56 - May 18 with 2562 viewskensalriser

Departures in the development squad on 16:25 - May 18 by derbyhoop

And, today, we've added Rohan Vaughan to the DS. Striker who scored for Burnley against our U18s.
[Post edited 19 May 14:55]

Ten to one his dressing room nickname is Josh.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Departures in the development squad on 19:16 - May 18 with 2509 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 18:56 - May 18 by kensalriser

I'd have put money down on that but his name is Rohan not Rogan.
Departures in the development squad on 12:48 - May 19 with 2244 viewsEsox_Lucius

Departures in the development squad on 22:58 - May 16 by 222gers

Ablation eh ? Haven't heard that word since I left boarding school in 1949. They never taught me how to board anyway.

Laser ablation is how they prepare glass for the conductive ink in touch screens.

The grass is always greener.

Departures in the development squad on 13:38 - May 19 with 2130 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Departures in the development squad on 18:56 - May 18 by kensalriser

Vinnie Daloo also signed with the DS today.
Departures in the development squad on 14:37 - May 19 with 2039 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 13:38 - May 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Vinnie Daloo also signed with the DS today.

Billy Rice will be pleased.
Departures in the development squad on 19:54 - May 19 with 1846 viewslassel

Bit surprised to see Teddy Lawrence was released, I thought from those who go regularly to the u18s that he was quite impressive
Departures in the development squad on 21:13 - May 19 with 1753 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 19:54 - May 19 by lassel

Bit surprised to see Teddy Lawrence was released, I thought from those who go regularly to the u18s that he was quite impressive

Has some talent, but not enough to make up for his tiny frame. Yet another one who is 5ft nothing and no chance of making the physical grade at championship level.
Departures in the development squad on 21:40 - May 19 with 1705 viewsderbyhoop

It's a shame but, as well as talent most of us can only hope for, you have to have the physique to cope with professional football at our level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 21:41 - May 19 with 1696 viewsloftboy

Departures in the development squad on 21:13 - May 19 by 1JD

Has some talent, but not enough to make up for his tiny frame. Yet another one who is 5ft nothing and no chance of making the physical grade at championship level.

Yep that Chair is far too small,won’t ever.come to anything!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Departures in the development squad on 22:03 - May 19 with 1645 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 21:41 - May 19 by loftboy

Always one smart ass.

Chair might be small, but he does not have a slight frame, he is both stocky and an exceptional technical talent.

The numerous tiny and featherweight players we have accumulated for far too long in our academy are not. As an academy watcher for a long time, the clear change in policy is well, well overdue.
Departures in the development squad on 22:05 - May 19 with 1637 viewsLoyalitat

Departures in the development squad on 21:41 - May 19 by loftboy

My thoughts exactly. Ken Paal is another. Even Smythe, albeit nowhere near the calibre of Chair.

I suspect that a few of the many that have been released could eventually end up playing at championship level in years to come, just like Josh Laurent who after a stint at Brentford, ended up at Hartlepool before rising up the leagues again.
Departures in the development squad on 22:16 - May 19 with 1615 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 22:05 - May 19 by Loyalitat

My thoughts exactly. Ken Paal is another. Even Smythe, albeit nowhere near the calibre of Chair.

I suspect that a few of the many that have been released could eventually end up playing at championship level in years to come, just like Josh Laurent who after a stint at Brentford, ended up at Hartlepool before rising up the leagues again.

This is an academy that has produced nothing of note for years. And you think released players may suddenly make it at this level?

Have you watched our academy at any length? Or seen where our u18s finish season upon season?!
Departures in the development squad on 15:57 - May 20 with 1325 viewsflynnbo

SDM departs.
https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1229680000?-294:802
[Post edited 20 May 16:00]
Departures in the development squad on 16:13 - May 20 with 1250 viewsderbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 15:57 - May 20 by flynnbo

SDM departs.

At 23 not exactly part of DS

Departures in the development squad on 16:25 - May 20 with 1148 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nourry slipping already and re-using his 'inquisitive mind' line.
Pick it up Christian!

Bare bones.

Departures in the development squad on 16:26 - May 20 with 1142 viewsbosh67

Departures in the development squad on 15:57 - May 20 by flynnbo

SDM departs.

CEO Christian Nourry said: "I was struck immediately by Stephen's inquisitive mind and immense desire to improve his game."

That was probably when Christian was struck in the face by a loose ball by SDM and thought, hmmm, maybe he should improve this elsewhere?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024