Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 40145 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 13:24 - Jun 5 with 5112 viewsderbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 23:31 - Jun 4 by Stainrod

Lacking in existential angst, perhaps?

If someone had accused Mad Mark Denis of having an "Inquisitive mind" he would have nutted them.

If Nourry is big on "strong human qualities" I wonder how he would describe Taylor Richards?

An advance on 'arry's usual refrain, at least: "triffic lad.."

Question from me as someone who doesn't much follow the development and -18s. All these youngsters coming in, are they likely to play a full season is in the development squad or sent out on loan? And in an ideal world how quickly might they make the step up?

I ask because keeping in mind that Armstrong is (I think) only 20 but has been in and around the first team squad for a year, and I believe some of these players we are bringing in are around 18-19. So not that far behind age-wise, and we have already learned that we can't keep regarding 22-year-olds as "prospects". In other words they make the cut fairly quickly or we need to be brutal (which we are being now judging by all the departures).

Am happy to leave this to better qualified people than me. My one hope is we don't see lots of loans to Accrington Stanley and the like. Surely if that is all that is on offer they should either train with us or be released? But might be missing something...

I suspect they'll spend most of the year just playing for DS. One may come on in leaps and bounds and push for a 1st team place.
Lower league loans are more likely for Hawkins, Murphy or Lloyd.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 16:35 - Jun 5 with 4889 viewsQPR_Hibs

An all action #6 for the modern era signs his first pro contract ....

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/05/first-pro-deal-for-alfie-tuck/

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Departures in the development squad on 17:14 - Jun 5 with 4754 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I feel the thread needs re-naming as there are plenty not departing posts here. Good to see.
Departures in the development squad on 17:26 - Jun 5 with 4730 viewsFDC

Departures in the development squad on 16:35 - Jun 5 by QPR_Hibs

An all action #6 for the modern era signs his first pro contract ....

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/05/first-pro-deal-for-alfie-tuck/

I swear loads of our Dev Squad players have names that sound made up, like that Japanese baseball computer game

Departures in the development squad on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 4707 viewsEsox_Lucius

Departures in the development squad on 11:35 - Jun 5 by BAWHoops

Eze, Chair, Dieng, Manning all came in this way.
Meanwhile the 'been with us since a nipper' route has yielded Furlong and Kakay

Joe Lumley since he was 10.

The grass is always greener.

Departures in the development squad on 17:43 - Jun 5 with 4646 viewsMedwayR

Departures in the development squad on 17:32 - Jun 5 by Esox_Lucius

Joe Lumley since he was 10.

Lumley joined from Spurs when he was 16.

Poll: Who’s better?

Departures in the development squad on 19:07 - Jun 5 with 4503 viewsbosh67

A lot of youngsters being signed up on professional contracts and it seems that this is all very stats led. It does feel that some real effort to create a development squad that actually can feed to first team squad is being assembled... or am I just deluded?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Departures in the development squad on 08:34 - Jun 6 with 4145 viewsTheChef

Departures in the development squad on 17:26 - Jun 5 by FDC

I swear loads of our Dev Squad players have names that sound made up, like that Japanese baseball computer game

These are now all real NFL player names.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 09:11 - Jun 6 with 4040 viewsAndybrat

Departures in the development squad on 19:07 - Jun 5 by bosh67

A lot of youngsters being signed up on professional contracts and it seems that this is all very stats led. It does feel that some real effort to create a development squad that actually can feed to first team squad is being assembled... or am I just deluded?

I’m confused weren’t all the development squad already on a pro contract? Anyone know the difference?
Departures in the development squad on 09:40 - Jun 6 with 4021 viewsterryb

Departures in the development squad on 09:11 - Jun 6 by Andybrat

I’m confused weren’t all the development squad already on a pro contract? Anyone know the difference?

I don't think that you can sign a professional contract until you're 18. I would be very surprised if players in the development squad that had reached that age, were not on a professional contract.
Departures in the development squad on 09:45 - Jun 6 with 3957 viewsbosh67

Departures in the development squad on 09:40 - Jun 6 by terryb

I don't think that you can sign a professional contract until you're 18. I would be very surprised if players in the development squad that had reached that age, were not on a professional contract.

Over the years many of our players might as well have been on unprofessional contracts.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Departures in the development squad on 10:18 - Jun 6 with 3866 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 09:11 - Jun 6 by Andybrat

The u18s group (aged 16-18) are signed for a 2-year scholarship deal. It’s a scholarship contract, but not a professional contact.

At the end this 2-year period, they either;
- get released
- get an extended third-year scholarship, or
- get offered a professional contract.

If kept on, they automatically move into the next age group, the U21s.
Departures in the development squad on 10:21 - Jun 6 with 3858 views1JD

Departures in the development squad on 09:40 - Jun 6 by terryb

It’s 17, where you can first legally sign a pro contract. Maximum 3-year period.

At 18, it can be extended to 5 year deal maximum.

The ONLY player in well over 10 years to sign a pro contract for QPR at the tender age of 17 - the earliest possible opportunity- was Rayan Kolli.

Edit: Sinclair Armstrong also.
[Post edited 6 Jun 10:23]
Departures in the development squad on 12:35 - Jun 6 with 3660 viewsQuillPenRiot

Departures in the development squad on 23:31 - Jun 4 by Stainrod

Lacking in existential angst, perhaps?

If someone had accused Mad Mark Denis of having an "Inquisitive mind" he would have nutted them.

If Nourry is big on "strong human qualities" I wonder how he would describe Taylor Richards?

An advance on 'arry's usual refrain, at least: "triffic lad.."

Question from me as someone who doesn't much follow the development and -18s. All these youngsters coming in, are they likely to play a full season is in the development squad or sent out on loan? And in an ideal world how quickly might they make the step up?

I ask because keeping in mind that Armstrong is (I think) only 20 but has been in and around the first team squad for a year, and I believe some of these players we are bringing in are around 18-19. So not that far behind age-wise, and we have already learned that we can't keep regarding 22-year-olds as "prospects". In other words they make the cut fairly quickly or we need to be brutal (which we are being now judging by all the departures).

Am happy to leave this to better qualified people than me. My one hope is we don't see lots of loans to Accrington Stanley and the like. Surely if that is all that is on offer they should either train with us or be released? But might be missing something...

Not bad, “lack of existential angst” does kind of imply “all action”

Ofc Nourry-speak version sounds better than yours
Departures in the development squad on 16:14 - Jun 6 with 3347 viewssprocket

New deal for Walsh

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/06/joe-walsh-signs-new-deal/

What now for Asmir?
Departures in the development squad on 12:33 - Jun 7 with 3020 viewsderbyhoop

Looks like we're close to signing 17yo Rocco Friel (great name) from Hearts on a 4 Yr deal. RB who played for their B team.
By my reckoning it brings the Dev Squad to 19. Which could be supplemented by kids stepping up from U18s

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 07:28 - Jun 12 with 2228 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Harry Murphy and Casey Shann sign new deals. Don't think I've heard of either of them. Anyone?
Departures in the development squad on 11:28 - Jun 12 with 1927 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 07:28 - Jun 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Harry Murphy and Casey Shann sign new deals. Don't think I've heard of either of them. Anyone?

Murphy has been a Dev Squad regular. A tidy, hard working midfield player who can chip in with a few goals. Another on the small side though.

Shann is a competent LB who suffered an injury which kept him out for a number of months. Not sure if he's quite good enough to make it. The other LB, Leahy, looks a bit better to me.
Departures in the development squad on 16:07 - Jun 12 with 1667 viewsaston_hoop

The next gen of U18s. I remember Rico Kennedy really shining in that Burnley cup game

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/june/12/qpr-confirms-scholarship-intake/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Departures in the development squad on 16:56 - Jun 12 with 1521 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I think the cleanse is a good idea, have a development core; who you hope will make it and supplement it with U18's and 1st teamers needing game time - like the old reserves used to be.
Departures in the development squad on 17:12 - Jun 12 with 1467 viewsderbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 11:28 - Jun 12 by dmm

Murphy has been a Dev Squad regular. A tidy, hard working midfield player who can chip in with a few goals. Another on the small side though.

Shann is a competent LB who suffered an injury which kept him out for a number of months. Not sure if he's quite good enough to make it. The other LB, Leahy, looks a bit better to me.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if those 2 + Hawkins had loan spells T L2 level.

Departures in the development squad on 22:00 - Jun 13 with 1225 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Departures in the development squad on 06:43 - Jun 14 with 969 viewsMatch82

Departures in the development squad on 17:26 - Jun 5 by FDC

Bobson Dugnutt is just superb
Departures in the development squad on 09:53 - Jun 14 with 733 viewsEsox_Lucius

Departures in the development squad on 22:00 - Jun 13 by BrianMcCarthy

That is great news. If his development carries on as it has, we will have a terrific keeper.

The grass is always greener.

Departures in the development squad on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Departures in the development squad on 09:53 - Jun 14 by Esox_Lucius

That is great news. If his development carries on as it has, we will have a terrific keeper.

Ya, I'm excited about this one as well Esox.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024