Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 98416 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 15:26 - Jun 13 with 1503 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 15:19 - Jun 13 by Stainrod

Sunak is the prime minister and he campaigned for Brexit.

I had not heard of Rishi Sunak until he became chancellor under Boris, so perhaps I'm not the extreme Brexiteer that you envisage. Just a normal bloke who thought this country was a better place before we needed the concrete barriers of peace in our town centers.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 15:29 - Jun 13 with 1490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 15:20 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

So fitting that the institutionalized rape of several thousands of UK children is deemed a "boredom / annoyance" by our political class.

Meanwhile, we're spending millions on DEI programs, hunting for the institutional racism boogeyman. What a country. What a time to be alive.

There are no political class here, just 5,000 QPR fans.
General Election Thread on 15:32 - Jun 13 with 1452 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 15:23 - Jun 13 by Watford_Ranger

Well it logically would actually. Just about anything that improves physical health or financial wellbeing would have a small incremental impact. It’s never going to be zero but the current approach of just massive under-funding it isn’t doing a lot of good.

But that’s one tiny part of the topic of life expectancy declining. Quality medical access at speed is in decline. People aren’t being seen for treatable diseases quickly enough for them to be treatable. They’re missing their own targets on cancers by a mile.

Well, logically it wouldn't, given that money does not fill vacant positions with qualified staff. People in secure mental health units still commit suicide. Claiming that NHS Mental health funding is in any way linked to Male suicide rates is kind of absurd. But here you are.

And yeah I agree that it's a tiny part and that more could be done to help with male suicide, starting with not importing an endless stream of migrants for them to compete with economically. But that is ideologically something that I suspect you cannot tolerate.

General Election Thread on 15:35 - Jun 13 with 1443 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 15:29 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

There are no political class here, just 5,000 QPR fans.

Hahahahaha Yeah right.

General Election Thread on 15:41 - Jun 13 with 1421 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 15:32 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Well, logically it wouldn't, given that money does not fill vacant positions with qualified staff. People in secure mental health units still commit suicide. Claiming that NHS Mental health funding is in any way linked to Male suicide rates is kind of absurd. But here you are.

And yeah I agree that it's a tiny part and that more could be done to help with male suicide, starting with not importing an endless stream of migrants for them to compete with economically. But that is ideologically something that I suspect you cannot tolerate.

If you have to bring literally everything back to immigration then I doubt I’m going to convince you of anything.
General Election Thread on 15:44 - Jun 13 with 1394 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 15:41 - Jun 13 by Watford_Ranger

If you have to bring literally everything back to immigration then I doubt I’m going to convince you of anything.

The UK public has been telling the political class for basically 2 decades now that Immigration is too high. It's not just me, fella.

General Election Thread on 15:48 - Jun 13 with 1358 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 14:07 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Actually, it's still declined by more in other parts of the world where the Evil Tories aren't in government, and the rest of the world is still clamoring to come here despite the Evil Tory Government trying to kill us. Strange how the world works.

That's just whataboutery and doesn't change the facts in the UK.

There were plenty of countries that did not see a declining life expectancy before Covid such as Italy and Finland.

Tory austerity was to blame for the fall in UK life expectancy post 2011.
General Election Thread on 15:55 - Jun 13 with 1322 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 15:44 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

The UK public has been telling the political class for basically 2 decades now that Immigration is too high. It's not just me, fella.

A minority who never shut up insisting they’re a silent majority have, yes. But then we live in a representative democracy where they’re at least meant to act in our best interests even if those aren’t what some or even most of us want.

Like most things there’s no obvious big majority opinion. As a country we’re spilt more or less down the middle.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 16:00 - Jun 13 with 1296 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 15:35 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Hahahahaha Yeah right.

‘Dykes is shit. Get rid’

General Election Thread on 16:06 - Jun 13 with 1258 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 16:00 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Dykes is shit. Get rid’

Hard agree

General Election Thread on 16:11 - Jun 13 with 1253 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 15:55 - Jun 13 by Watford_Ranger

A minority who never shut up insisting they’re a silent majority have, yes. But then we live in a representative democracy where they’re at least meant to act in our best interests even if those aren’t what some or even most of us want.

Like most things there’s no obvious big majority opinion. As a country we’re spilt more or less down the middle.

There is no big majority opinion..........So let's just open our borders and let everyone in then yeah? The open borders fanatics have had it their way for a long time. The faintest hint of Brexit (But still with open borders because we're woke) and you all piss your pants and start calling everything and everyone "far right"

Again, I basically agree, I was much closer to the center myself not too long ago, but it seems as time goes on I get pushed further and further right because the British Government is consistently acting in the interests of the global majority, and not the British Minority.

General Election Thread on 16:18 - Jun 13 with 1237 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 16:11 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

There is no big majority opinion..........So let's just open our borders and let everyone in then yeah? The open borders fanatics have had it their way for a long time. The faintest hint of Brexit (But still with open borders because we're woke) and you all piss your pants and start calling everything and everyone "far right"

Again, I basically agree, I was much closer to the center myself not too long ago, but it seems as time goes on I get pushed further and further right because the British Government is consistently acting in the interests of the global majority, and not the British Minority.

You’re ranting about something I’ve not even got close to saying.
General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jun 13 with 1171 viewsderbyhoop

General Election Thread on 13:33 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

"Many - probably most - who voted for Brexit wanted to cut immigration, which has since soared."

Why do people seem to accept, or even gleefully point this out? All it means is that the people have voted for something and the opposite has happened. Do you really expect people are just going to be content with that? When the UK Public votes against immigration, consistently, for 20-odd years and the numbers just keep going up.....Do you really think that is good for democracy? Like maybe high immigration suits your personal agenda - But in the bigger picture, does it not concern you? Does it not make you wonder what might happen next when the politicians treat their electorate with so much contempt?

So you have significant labour shortages in nursing, social care, hospitality, construction. If you aren't prepared to accept immigration, what's your solution?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 17:19 - Jun 13 with 1148 viewsderbyhoop

General Election Thread on 15:20 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

So fitting that the institutionalized rape of several thousands of UK children is deemed a "boredom / annoyance" by our political class.

Meanwhile, we're spending millions on DEI programs, hunting for the institutional racism boogeyman. What a country. What a time to be alive.

We all get that you are a Tory supporter who is prepared to excuse v all the errors that have been made over the last 14 years.
But you're changing course more often and sharper than a downhill skier.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 17:25 - Jun 13 with 1117 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 17:02 - Jun 13 by derbyhoop

So you have significant labour shortages in nursing, social care, hospitality, construction. If you aren't prepared to accept immigration, what's your solution?

Immigration is partly why we have significant shortages in the first place. Immigration doesn't just fill vacant posts in healthcare or construction or hospitality.......It also adds demand in all of those sectors. Pretending you can solve "labour shortages" by throwing more people at the problem is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The reality is we need to become more self-sufficient and stop relying so much on the labour of others.

General Election Thread on 17:32 - Jun 13 with 1089 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 17:19 - Jun 13 by derbyhoop

We all get that you are a Tory supporter who is prepared to excuse v all the errors that have been made over the last 14 years.
But you're changing course more often and sharper than a downhill skier.

Tory supporter in what sense? As I've already said, I want the Tories to win precisely Zero seats at the next general election.

This is our country and our children's future at stake here. Not a fcking tribal Red vs Blue sports rivalry, which you (And many of the other Neo Libs on here) appear to be boiling it down to. The Tories are not good guys, just to make that clear for you once again, but neither are Labour.
[Post edited 13 Jun 17:49]

General Election Thread on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 1053 viewscolinallcars

I called out to the wife “just off to the pub darling”
She said “I thought you'd taken Rishi's advice and started saving up for Starmer's tax hit”
Funny how with Tories it's always Maggie, Boris, Rishi, but it's surnames when it comes to Labour.
General Election Thread on 18:56 - Jun 13 with 955 viewsHunterhoop

General Election Thread on 17:32 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Tory supporter in what sense? As I've already said, I want the Tories to win precisely Zero seats at the next general election.

This is our country and our children's future at stake here. Not a fcking tribal Red vs Blue sports rivalry, which you (And many of the other Neo Libs on here) appear to be boiling it down to. The Tories are not good guys, just to make that clear for you once again, but neither are Labour.
[Post edited 13 Jun 17:49]

I don’t think many on here are making this a tribal red/blue! The overwhelming view is the Tories need to be shifted out, but people have different views on what the solutions are and which party to give their vote to. Pretty sure everyone thinks Labour are underwhelming, not much different to the Tories, but still the lesser evil, albeit people might give their vote to Reform, LDs or the Greens as well.

What are your solutions?

Who are you going to vote for?

My guess is Reform, which is fine. I’m just interested. If you don’t want to say, fair enough. But surely you can understand why some think you would be a Tory based on what you’ve posted?
General Election Thread on 19:10 - Jun 13 with 909 viewsJevlar

The older I get the more I think, I just want people in charge who serve us, and not themselves and their mates… wishful thinking

Sunak and Starmer both at the their core feel relatively centrist and looking more widely it feels like extremes (right) on the rise in Europe will be the future battleground when the next election cycle hits.
General Election Thread on 19:18 - Jun 13 with 882 viewsStainrod

General Election Thread on 17:25 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Immigration is partly why we have significant shortages in the first place. Immigration doesn't just fill vacant posts in healthcare or construction or hospitality.......It also adds demand in all of those sectors. Pretending you can solve "labour shortages" by throwing more people at the problem is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The reality is we need to become more self-sufficient and stop relying so much on the labour of others.

But you have given zero credible solutions about how we become more "self sufficient".

Force people (white people I'm guessing would be your preference) to breed more?

Raise the retirement age to 90?

Massively increase wages to get more home grown people back in the work force (your right wing politicians would love that solution!)

Massively increase spending in education and training (ditto to that one, did I miss Sunak or Farage calling for that?)

Turn un-qualified people into doctors and nurses? (Even if we started tomorrow training more doctors it would take at least 7 years for them to qualify)

Stop unemployment pay?

Send someone with a year's wait for an NHS operation back to work?

The NHS has 74,00 vacancies alone - send the immigrants "home" and how many vacancies do you think it would have then?

Brexit/ Reform supporters equate running a country with sounding off with pub-bore slogans. If only it were so easy!
General Election Thread on 19:27 - Jun 13 with 847 viewsWatford_Ranger

Another debate on ITV tonight featuring mostly reserve players or those you haven’t heard of (I assume he’s the Plaid leader but doubt he gets recognised in his own house).
General Election Thread on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 834 viewsDiscodroids

Off to see Andrew Lawrence at the Joker comedy club at the chalkwell park rooms , Chalkwell tomorrow night. Not to many peoples taste on here i would imagine but at £3.50 a pint for amstel and £7 for Chicken balti and roti , i bent the wifes arm, and shes's a Lib Dem voter!

never has love crossed such boundries...

Take a breather from brexit lads and look forward to the Euro's.

this time, we'll get it right.

[Post edited 13 Jun 19:58]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

General Election Thread on 19:36 - Jun 13 with 822 viewsNorthernr

Good to see that when we do have these threads everybody still thinks the same thing as they did before, and it still goes round in the same circles, and nobody thinks any different by the end.
General Election Thread on 19:45 - Jun 13 with 789 viewsJevlar

General Election Thread on 19:36 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Good to see that when we do have these threads everybody still thinks the same thing as they did before, and it still goes round in the same circles, and nobody thinks any different by the end.

Agreed.

It’s less a debate about politics and more a debate about dying on a certain hill.
General Election Thread on 20:08 - Jun 13 with 719 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Doesn’t this happen with every subject on this forum?

For what it’s worth I’ve left this this thread a bit more educated. The unpleasantness has been minimal so I don’t see the problem.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024