Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euros Match Fred 15:58 - Jun 19 with 24680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An as it happens fred for all games.

Spoiler alerts.

Absolute belter between Albania and Croatia. Savage game!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Euros Match Fred on 08:46 - Jul 6 with 1827 viewsNorthernr

Euros Match Fred on 08:42 - Jul 6 by johnhoop

His ego is so big and he’s so lacking in self-awareness that he couldn’t even conceive of the fact that he was a handicap to the Portuguese team.
To leave him on for the full 120 minutes when you had strikers of the quality of Jota and others on the bench made no sense. Martinez must have been too intimidated to take him off.

Insisting on taking every free kick, going through that whole posing routine, then toe punting it into the base of the wall, really rather sums it up doesn't it.
Euros Match Fred on 09:09 - Jul 6 with 1745 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Euros Match Fred on 08:42 - Jul 6 by johnhoop

His ego is so big and he’s so lacking in self-awareness that he couldn’t even conceive of the fact that he was a handicap to the Portuguese team.
To leave him on for the full 120 minutes when you had strikers of the quality of Jota and others on the bench made no sense. Martinez must have been too intimidated to take him off.

There was an incident last night that summed it up for me. Portugal was attacking, the chance fell to Ronaldo, and he fluffed it.

Another camera was on Martinez and the bench, and they showed the reaction. It seemed that initial exasperation and frustration at missing another chance, appeared to instantly change when Martinez realised it was Ronaldo to, 'oooh unlucky, great effort Ronnie' and ferocious hand clapping and fust pumping.

As you said: leaving Ronaldo on when they had such attacking talent on the bench was idiocy.

That said...fck 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Euros Match Fred on 09:33 - Jul 6 with 1706 viewshubble

Contrary to what others have said on here, I didn't think Germany were all that last night, and should it have come to it, I reckon Ingerlund would have done 'em.

Spain, on the other hand, were a class above, even though dirty Germany did a number on Pedri, poor lad. That Dani Olmo goal and the move that led to it was beautiful, as was the extra time winning header. And I enjoyed seeing der Jairmans getting done in their own backyard: schadenfreude, in the home of schadenfreude... Wunderbar!

As for Portugal France... gahhhh, what an awful match. The frustration of watching Ronaldo's bitch Martinez fail to put either of the far better strikers at his disposal on the pitch, combined with the Deschamps school of utterly utilitarian football = a total drear-fest. Deschamps makes Southgate look adventurous. I read a comment online that said: 'if France were playing in my back garden, I'd shut the curtains.' Yet even before the game started, I just knew that France would prevail. Gotta feel for the Portugal fans though, what a missed opportunity.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Euros Match Fred on 09:34 - Jul 6 with 1700 viewsClive_Anderson

22 players on the field produced that stinker (including the "best player in the world" for France") and not just Ronaldo.

France have got to the semis without scoring a goal from open play yet.
Euros Match Fred on 09:41 - Jul 6 with 1671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A few of us heading to Lisbon next Friday to do the Portuguese Camino.
Just occurred to me that If that useless ársehole Ronaldo did something last night we might have had a nice Fiesta to look forward to on the Sunday.

And, do you know what, I think I'm half-glad that he didn't.

Euros Match Fred on 10:09 - Jul 6 with 1638 viewsterryb

Euros Match Fred on 09:33 - Jul 6 by hubble

Contrary to what others have said on here, I didn't think Germany were all that last night, and should it have come to it, I reckon Ingerlund would have done 'em.

Spain, on the other hand, were a class above, even though dirty Germany did a number on Pedri, poor lad. That Dani Olmo goal and the move that led to it was beautiful, as was the extra time winning header. And I enjoyed seeing der Jairmans getting done in their own backyard: schadenfreude, in the home of schadenfreude... Wunderbar!

As for Portugal France... gahhhh, what an awful match. The frustration of watching Ronaldo's bitch Martinez fail to put either of the far better strikers at his disposal on the pitch, combined with the Deschamps school of utterly utilitarian football = a total drear-fest. Deschamps makes Southgate look adventurous. I read a comment online that said: 'if France were playing in my back garden, I'd shut the curtains.' Yet even before the game started, I just knew that France would prevail. Gotta feel for the Portugal fans though, what a missed opportunity.

I also thought that Spain were the better side.

How Kross wasn't sent off is an absolute mystery. Three times in the opening minutes he committed fouls that Taylor would have given a caution for in The Premier, but nothing here. One of which might have resulted in a straight sending off.

How there were two English referees in the quarter finals is another question beyond my understanding.
Euros Match Fred on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 1609 viewsEastR

Euros Match Fred on 09:41 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Just occurred to me that If that useless ársehole Ronaldo did something last night we might have had a nice Fiesta to look forward to on the Sunday.

Don't forget to pack your England shirt for the final Brian

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Euros Match Fred on 10:26 - Jul 6 with 1595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Euros Match Fred on 10:22 - Jul 6 by EastR

Don't forget to pack your England shirt for the final Brian

I'm shouting for England, though they're making it hard!

Login to get fewer ads

Euros Match Fred on 11:45 - Jul 6 with 1522 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I really enjoyed the Spain match; I worked overnight on the election for a beeb event so by the France one I was sound asleep.
I predicted both winners on the World of Warships predictior event, 3 more outcomes from 5 matches and I get a free premium ship.

Splendid.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Euros Match Fred on 11:48 - Jul 6 with 1515 viewsGus_iom

Euros Match Fred on 10:26 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm shouting for England, though they're making it hard!

Phwar phwar
Euros Match Fred on 13:15 - Jul 6 with 1421 viewsSydneyRs

Euros Match Fred on 07:41 - Jul 6 by lassel

German striker was offside in the buildup and then handled it himself before laying it off.

Ah, I've probably just given away the fact I didn't stay up all night to watch it and instead saw brief highlights in the morning 😄
Euros Match Fred on 14:19 - Jul 6 with 1360 viewskensalriser

Still haven't see more than one good team in this competition.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Euros Match Fred on 14:40 - Jul 6 with 1316 viewsNorthantsHoop

Euros Match Fred on 14:19 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Still haven't see more than one good team in this competition.

I can't make my mind up if this is just a poor competition or that international football has just become so sterile. Probably Spain look the best of the bunch so far, but can see France doing them in the semis. England have a great opportunity to go all the way and hopefully we will, but as we know expectation does weigh heavy on how we perform and one of the reasons why we have fallen short since winning in 1966, when we have had the teams to do better than they actually have.
Euros Match Fred on 15:18 - Jul 6 with 1249 viewsDiscodroids

Is there an England match thread today lads, or do we use this one?. Mr Magoo here can't see one. i don't want to do one as i'm fkn cursed.
[Post edited 6 Jul 15:26]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

Euros Match Fred on 20:30 - Jul 6 with 1150 viewsBklynRanger

Probably not a very original comment but that space behind the goals at Hertha Berlin's ground is horrendous in this day and age.
Euros Match Fred on 20:42 - Jul 6 with 1117 viewsMrSheen

Was Memphis Depay ever any good?
Euros Match Fred on 21:02 - Jul 6 with 1072 viewsClive_Anderson

Euros Match Fred on 14:40 - Jul 6 by NorthantsHoop

I can't make my mind up if this is just a poor competition or that international football has just become so sterile. Probably Spain look the best of the bunch so far, but can see France doing them in the semis. England have a great opportunity to go all the way and hopefully we will, but as we know expectation does weigh heavy on how we perform and one of the reasons why we have fallen short since winning in 1966, when we have had the teams to do better than they actually have.

I think football in general is pretty boring at a hight level between two evenly matched teams.

Apart from Rangers I've not really got a lot of interest in it these days.
Euros Match Fred on 21:12 - Jul 6 with 1056 viewsMrSheen

Who’s the old dosser sat next to Koeman? He looks like he’s been on the White Lightning since 11.
Euros Match Fred on 21:56 - Jul 6 with 1001 viewsMrSheen

Thanks and goodbye, Turkey. So valiant and entertaining.
Euros Match Fred on 22:05 - Jul 6 with 961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Euros Match Fred on 21:56 - Jul 6 by MrSheen

Really enjoyed watching them.

My favourite teams to watch have been Albania, Georgia, Austria, Spain and Turkey.

Euros Match Fred on 22:05 - Jul 6 with 960 viewsBklynRanger

Euros Match Fred on 21:56 - Jul 6 by MrSheen

Yeah loved 'em.
Euros Match Fred on 23:16 - Jul 6 with 858 viewsbosh67

Just a note on Daniele Orsato, the referee. Whatever would have happened in the penalty shoot out I thought he did an excellent job for both teams and let the game flow.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Euros Match Fred on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 616 viewsTheChef

Euros Match Fred on 19:39 - Jul 5 by paulparker

I can’t think who are the more hatable team
Spain
Portugal
France

What's wrong with Spain? At least for this tournament the team playing the best football and most deserve to win it.

Portugal I can understand; might a bit more likeable once Ronaldo and Pepe retire.

France are just a bit meh, like England. Loads of talent but their manager makes them play some dull and safe football.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Euros Match Fred on 18:21 - Jul 9 with 437 viewsSuperhoops2808

Euros Match Fred on 09:41 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Off topic, but my friend did the Camino last year and absolutely loved it. Enjoy Brian the pics she posted were fab
Euros Match Fred on 20:37 - Jul 9 with 358 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

16 years old, and scoring a goal like that. Just WOW.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024