Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgrace 17:31 - Aug 27 with 45110 viewsKnowlesy

Hill's reaction to the fans after our equaliser today is the final straw for me. Dunno if it's still at the point where I'll get slagged off for this but an own goal / straight from the corner / whatever it was does not justify 90 minutes of absolute sludge nor does it make me feel any better about the season ahead. We needed to win today to bring the fans back onside and I've always defended Hill because of what he's done for the club, don't get me wrong we have come a long, long way under his management but for me he can go after his reaction to the fans today.

Turning round and giving it both barrels to the crowd after we've scored because they had a go after sending Logan back into his goal is unacceptable, he had no other thought in his mind after that goal other than getting one over on those paying fans. The first time in my life that I've actually been angrier after we've scored a goal and if a manager can do that then it's not a good show. Looking very grim after that performance.
Disgrace on 23:22 - Aug 29 with 2746 viewsmacro

There are a couple of supporters in the section discussed who verbally abuse hill on a regular occurrence along with the odd player and quite often the ref.

Now hill shouldn't react and nor should the director, quite clearly they are in the wrong for doing so. It does get annoying however hearing some of the diatribe which these couple of supporters come out with most matches which is inane, ill informed and irritating the majority of the time. I'm not defending the actions of hill and the director, they should have the experience to ignore insults and abuse, I'm sure hill had worse thrown at him when at Barnsley. there is a difference though between calling abusive personal insults at someone and booing a decision. Maybe the person who verbally abused hill on Saturday equally should think about their actions and tone down some of the nonsense.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2016 23:23]
Disgrace on 23:29 - Aug 29 with 2730 viewsjudd

Good post. We should also remember that the director is a passionate Rochdale fan also and has had no chance to put his side on here. He has held his hands up without mitigation and issued an unreserved apology through official channels. Whether you like him or not he deserves the same response as Hillys apology got. Accept it and move on please.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Disgrace on 00:53 - Aug 30 with 2633 viewsDaley_Lama

Have spoken to this Director twice, as passionate and dedicated a fan as I have met.

We all have moments, as other have said this one should pass and the bigger picture remain.

In a perfect world the two should parties watch a game sat next to each other and would probably find they are 90% on the same page for most moments of a game and accept that 10% is not a bad percentage difference for the rest.

Poll: DF in or out

Disgrace on 06:41 - Aug 30 with 2539 viewsD_Alien

Disgrace on 23:29 - Aug 29 by judd

Good post. We should also remember that the director is a passionate Rochdale fan also and has had no chance to put his side on here. He has held his hands up without mitigation and issued an unreserved apology through official channels. Whether you like him or not he deserves the same response as Hillys apology got. Accept it and move on please.

Whilst I agree with your point, just as fans should be aware of their behaviour in general, future comments which appear to hold Dale fans in contempt by directors might also be best avoided.

Then, and only then, can we all move on.

Thanks.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Disgrace on 07:03 - Aug 30 with 2510 viewsaleanddale

Disgrace on 21:04 - Aug 27 by boromat

Just listened to the interview and I think that's fair do's put his hand up and apologised for his language. Let's leave it there and move one, everyone makes mistakes every now and then especially when under pressure. Let's hope we have hit rock bottom now and we bounce back.

Up the Dale

Well said Boromat....

People need to be careful what they wish for..

Onwards and upwards - starts now this could be a pivotal point in what is a long season.

Up the Dale.
Disgrace on 14:11 - Aug 30 with 2245 viewsVespaDale

Disgrace on 22:51 - Aug 28 by Laveritty

I am extremely relieved that this disgraceful scene has been backed up by at least one other person (Ninco) as I came away from the game yesterday feeling incredibly deflated and started to doubt whether my recollection of events had been clouded by anger and indignation. Just re-read the thread and seen that another couple of people (roccydaleian and The DJ (possibly in another thread?)) also witnessed it and can counter the accusations that 'I/we were behaving disgracefully to the directors' (SuddenLad) - I was not - I was questioning their approach to growing the fanbase and whether they believed that kind of incident would bring fans flocking in to pay £22 to be told to F%*k Off?

Furthermore, in being manhandled (it would probably constitute an unwarranted assault in legal terms!) out of the ground by more than one steward I actually felt as if I had committed some heinous crime rather than merely attempting to put some perfectly justifiable questions to the directors. Upon reading the posts in the thread I found myself becoming more and more reluctant to actually get involved because of how the incident was perceived by others who either were not there or were simply generalising and treating us all as moaners and whingers (Brierls) and getting 'our just desserts'! At no point did I direct any criticism or abuse at Keith Hill so how is it just that I am on the receiving end of his tirade? That was what I was trying to get across to the directors before they had me shunted out of the ground.

The whole event has left me feeling disgusted and belittled and it seriously does make me question the sanity of paying for the privilege even though we have had more fantastic highs under Hills's 10 year tenure than in the other 100! The reaction of that one director made me sick! Interesting that he appears to have 'previous'?

One thing is for sure - in the light of the whole season ticket fiasco and other recent PR own goals it does finally confirm how we minions are viewed by those in their ivory towers! If ever there was any doubt - let it cease now - they hold us in the utmost contempt!!!

If Mr Dunphy or any other club representative, except that odious cretin who showed such contempt towards me (as I don't think I could look him in the face and not vomit all over him with nausea) wishes to contact me on this matter I would be perfectly happy to do so.

Over 35 years of attending football matches and yesterday was the most sick to the pit of my stomach feeling that I have ever endured at a match!

Team Rochdale? Hmmm? Not feeling it right now!!!

Different circumstances for me but I've been banned from the club for life off Colin Garlick after the Oldham ticket fiasco. The Oldham fan that attacked me walked away free whilst I was dragged through the courts. Garlicks response was GMP forced me to ban you for life without even seeing the video. Now GMP have 'lost' the video that I need & been asking for for almost 2 years... It was Garlick's ticket fiasco that caused it all & he simply shrugged it off saying my behaviour isn't acceptable at the club & I'm not welcome back. Well with people like Rawlinson & Garlick at the top I wouldn't go again if I was allowed. (6 fans haven't been back to Spotland since that Oldham game out of disgust that I know personally).
Disgrace on 14:28 - Aug 30 with 2194 viewsParkinsGimp

I wasnt there at the weekend, but was told about the whole sordid affair. It leaves a very sour taste and the Director concerned should have the balls to stand up apologise and resign. Lovely Lil'Ole Rochdale dont need idiots like him. He was lucky that he didnt swear at the wrong person , because we all know how inept the stewards are at the Dale.
I know Hill cannot take the slightest critisism which I would of thought he could curtail by now, because unfortunately in football you wont please everyone. And if he wants to move to a bigger club , the percentage of so called moaners will increase.
Disgrace on 15:02 - Aug 30 with 2120 viewsDaleiLama

Disgrace on 18:10 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

There's a cracking kit thread he might like.

Some excellent points too.

I realise (and therefore apologise) in advance for what will no doubt be seen as blasphemy by your good self (and no doubt many others), but kits ........ really?!?
That will be my last heretical comment on the subject.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Disgrace on 16:46 - Aug 30 with 2010 viewsTalkingSutty

Disgrace on 14:28 - Aug 30 by ParkinsGimp

I wasnt there at the weekend, but was told about the whole sordid affair. It leaves a very sour taste and the Director concerned should have the balls to stand up apologise and resign. Lovely Lil'Ole Rochdale dont need idiots like him. He was lucky that he didnt swear at the wrong person , because we all know how inept the stewards are at the Dale.
I know Hill cannot take the slightest critisism which I would of thought he could curtail by now, because unfortunately in football you wont please everyone. And if he wants to move to a bigger club , the percentage of so called moaners will increase.

The dust as settled now on a bad afternoon for the Club. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the impact that behaviour like this can have in attracting sponsorship to the Club, France's job is difficult enough without the manager and the Directors acting in the manner that they did.

Crown Oil have dug deep to sponsor the Stadium and kit etc and they deserve better than this.I hope to god they had no representatives at the game who had to witness that shabby episode. These type of companies want to be associated with a respectable brand and they were let down on Saturday by individuals who should have known better. It can't be allowed to happen again or it could end up costing the Club many thousands of pounds.
Disgrace on 17:24 - Aug 30 with 1913 viewsDaleiLama

Disgrace on 16:46 - Aug 30 by TalkingSutty

The dust as settled now on a bad afternoon for the Club. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the impact that behaviour like this can have in attracting sponsorship to the Club, France's job is difficult enough without the manager and the Directors acting in the manner that they did.

Crown Oil have dug deep to sponsor the Stadium and kit etc and they deserve better than this.I hope to god they had no representatives at the game who had to witness that shabby episode. These type of companies want to be associated with a respectable brand and they were let down on Saturday by individuals who should have known better. It can't be allowed to happen again or it could end up costing the Club many thousands of pounds.

That would indeed be pouring Oil on troubled water.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Disgrace on 18:40 - Aug 30 with 1779 viewsdingdangblue

Disgrace on 16:46 - Aug 30 by TalkingSutty

Lets hope they left before the end.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Disgrace on 19:51 - Aug 30 with 1686 viewsThe_Knightowl

.............I have a unnerving feeling that the "fiasco" is a little more deep rooted than just the tactics and start to the season and the euphoria of gaining a point lost?
The Managers budget is based on income?
Season tickets appear to have dived as have attendances?
Does this not affect the Managers budget?
Perfect intentions ..........now in retrospect imperfect events?
Pride comes before a fall....humility is what feeds the phoenix.
Disgrace on 20:18 - Aug 30 with 1621 viewsdingdangblue

Disgrace on 19:51 - Aug 30 by The_Knightowl

.............I have a unnerving feeling that the "fiasco" is a little more deep rooted than just the tactics and start to the season and the euphoria of gaining a point lost?
The Managers budget is based on income?
Season tickets appear to have dived as have attendances?
Does this not affect the Managers budget?
Perfect intentions ..........now in retrospect imperfect events?
Pride comes before a fall....humility is what feeds the phoenix.

Surely it will affect next seasons budget not this?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Disgrace on 20:28 - Aug 30 with 1598 viewsJimlidale

Would an additional on the pitch apology by those from the club involved in saturday's incident, at the next home game be sufficient to put this to bed?

(plus any recompense personal apology to those in the firing line especially kids)
Disgrace on 20:31 - Aug 30 with 1582 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Disgrace on 18:40 - Aug 30 by dingdangblue

Lets hope they left before the end.

We can but only hope.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Disgrace on 20:33 - Aug 30 with 1577 viewsdingdangblue

Disgrace on 20:28 - Aug 30 by Jimlidale

Would an additional on the pitch apology by those from the club involved in saturday's incident, at the next home game be sufficient to put this to bed?

(plus any recompense personal apology to those in the firing line especially kids)

They can do it next Tuesday night - there'll be no one there!

Disgrace on 20:33 - Aug 30 with 1573 viewsfitzochris

I think what the club has already offered to do will put this issue to bed, to be fair. There have been apologies made publically and the offer of a meeting to apologise again in person.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Disgrace on 20:36 - Aug 30 with 1556 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I just don't know Jim. Well done for thinking of the children though. Their fragile egg shell minds have been sadly overlooked in this tragic event.

Disgrace on 20:43 - Aug 30 with 1535 viewsJimlidale

Disgrace on 20:33 - Aug 30 by dingdangblue

They can do it next Tuesday night - there'll be no one there!

Good point the farce cup (poor attempt of a play on fairs cup) turn out is not expected to be great is it and next game after that it will be long forgotten hopefully, I mean footy fans don't bear grudges do they
Disgrace on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 1488 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Disgrace on 14:28 - Aug 30 by ParkinsGimp

Yes, but the big problem you've got is that Keith Hill is very good at something and you're good at fook all. Well, fook all to do with Rochale Football Club anyway.

Disgrace on 21:08 - Aug 30 with 1460 views442Dale

Disgrace on 15:02 - Aug 30 by DaleiLama

I realise (and therefore apologise) in advance for what will no doubt be seen as blasphemy by your good self (and no doubt many others), but kits ........ really?!?
That will be my last heretical comment on the subject.

I refuse to rise to this.

Low point for the messageboard, for the club, for life.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgrace on 21:11 - Aug 30 with 1456 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Disgrace on 20:33 - Aug 30 by fitzochris

I think what the club has already offered to do will put this issue to bed, to be fair. There have been apologies made publically and the offer of a meeting to apologise again in person.

Badges? Get them to wear badges for a year or so. About the size of Wagonwheel saying something along the lines of 'I mouth tvvated the hand that feeds me, I'm a disgrace.'

Disgrace on 21:13 - Aug 30 with 1444 views442Dale

Disgrace on 21:11 - Aug 30 by BigDaveMyCock

Badges? Get them to wear badges for a year or so. About the size of Wagonwheel saying something along the lines of 'I mouth tvvated the hand that feeds me, I'm a disgrace.'

Just out of interest, BDM, what are your actual views on what went on?

Disgrace on 21:22 - Aug 30 with 1415 viewsD_Alien

Disgrace on 21:08 - Aug 30 by 442Dale

I refuse to rise to this.

Low point for the messageboard, for the club, for life.

It was heretical of DaleiLama, but not profane.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Disgrace on 21:26 - Aug 30 with 1391 views442Dale

Disgrace on 21:22 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

It was heretical of DaleiLama, but not profane.

I don't give a f&<k. Is it appropriate to ignore the heinous crimes of Crawley?

It's a case of keeping you all safe. So ungrateful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024