Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle at home Tuesday 02:30 - Mar 27 with 29506 viewsjokerthief

I think the turning point will come Tuesday night against Carlisle.
Luke Charman will start possibly with Andrews up front, we will attack them for sure.
R.S, has felt it important to defend, defend defend even at home lately.
But an attacking force will be unleashed against Carlisle I am sure.
Let the tide turn turn on Tuesday, there is no chance we will go down.
And lets hope Oldham can get above Stevenage, with Stockport coming into division 2.
Next year will be a very interesting and maybe lucrative season for the club.
Come on lets stay positive, the future will look bright after Tuesday.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 07:07 - Mar 27 with 9944 viewsD_Alien

Some positivity really would help, and there's something of a 'last chance saloon' about the Carlisle game

I'd urge Dale fans to get themselves up to the COA if they possibly can. Yes, its been a dire watch for quite a while but a good show of support to try and boost the team would be welcome

If the team are unable to respond, or continue faffing about, the atmosphere could change and that's how it goes in football. Robbie knows that, but let's at least try to start the game on an upbeat note

[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 7:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 08:55 - Mar 27 with 9826 viewsDalenet

I was reading an update from Paul Simpson about Carlisle's resurgence since he arrived. 4 wins out of 5 has pulled them away from the relegation spot they occupied. They have achieved the bounce back of all bouncebacks.

He made the point (ahead of the Bristol game yesterday) that he felt Rochdale had been the best side of the teams he has played against since he took up the role. "They dominated us" was his remark. But he is looking forward to coming to Spotland because he understands that Rochdale's pitch is poor and that we won't be able to play flowing football on it like we did at theirs.

So Robbie. Lets hope the grass has grown over the past week and you can work some magic on them.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:52 - Mar 27 with 9600 viewsBarrowdale

We may not have the best team ever, we definitely have two or 3 players that shouldn’t grace the field, but if we lined ‘em up properly, took the game to the opposition and played “a la Mike Basset”, 4,4 fkin 2, stopped passing sideways and kicked every goal kick, we might just get a shot and enthuse the bored depleted fans!
Please try on tuesday Robbie because what is being served up is not what you promised.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:12 - Mar 27 with 9529 viewsEllDale

The grass may have grown this week but Hornets will trample it down today.
And I wish I shared the confidence about two up front.
We’ll see.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:21 - Mar 27 with 9511 viewsDale_4_Life

If it's more of the same it could get ugly.

RS to look in the mirror along with every single player...

Change it up? Something different. Would love you see 442 attacking not over complicated football and a raft of hard hit shots!

Charman feeding off the big lad Andrews and players running through walls for 90 minutes!! It's pretty dire at the moment I am hoping Tuesday night is the turning point. 43 points Weds am would be welcome
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:23 - Mar 27 with 9503 viewsboromat

If we were to play 442 how would it look?

Lynch
Keohane Downing O'Connell Dorsett
Odoh Broadbent Dooley Done
Andrews Charman

That's the best I can come up with and I'm not sure 442 is the answer. There's a few players recently don't look up for the fight physically and mentally so I've tried to leave them out. If Brierley hadn't gone out on loan I'd be looking to give him a chance maybe not the starting 11 and not for any other reason than the fact someone like that can come in with no pressure and play without fear.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:57 - Mar 27 with 9418 viewsBarrowdale

Grant and Kelly for Broadbent and Dooley pls
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:07 - Mar 27 with 9384 viewsNorthernDale

I would go for

Lynch,
Keohane, Downing, O'Connell, Dorsett
O'keeffe kelly, Clark, Done
Andrews, Charman

Subs
Wade, Odoh, Broadbent, Grant, Cashman, Dooley, Mcnulty
Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:17 - Mar 27 with 9313 viewsrichfoad32

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:07 - Mar 27 by NorthernDale

I would go for

Lynch,
Andrews, Charman

Subs

What have you seen in Clark to make you think he's capable of playing in the middle of the park?
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:21 - Mar 27 with 9294 viewsNorthernDale

He is better then anything else we have available.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:31 - Mar 27 with 9232 viewsD_Alien

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:21 - Mar 27 by NorthernDale

He is better then anything else we have available.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Clark at LB, Dorsett at CB and put O'Connell in the midfield, where he's played before?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 9161 viewsgriff

Afternoon lads. Simpson has said that he’s not content with moving away from the bottom, he wants to achieve the highest finishing spot we can get, and the players have bought into it. Our players are knackered after chasing Bristol Rovers all over the park in the sun yesterday, but I expect yours are too. I expect a few changes though, perhaps Mellor will be back in at right back and Riley put into his more usual midfield role. We’ll be quite happy to sit back and let you have possession and hit you when it’s least expected if the last few weeks are anything to go by. At the end of the day though you really need the points, so I expect it’ll come down to who has the most fight in them, and who wants it most. If I’m any judge we’ll try and score early and turn your crowd.

Good luck though.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:45 - Mar 27 with 9043 viewskel

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:06 - Mar 27 by griff

Afternoon lads. Simpson has said that he’s not content with moving away from the bottom, he wants to achieve the highest finishing spot we can get, and the players have bought into it. Our players are knackered after chasing Bristol Rovers all over the park in the sun yesterday, but I expect yours are too. I expect a few changes though, perhaps Mellor will be back in at right back and Riley put into his more usual midfield role. We’ll be quite happy to sit back and let you have possession and hit you when it’s least expected if the last few weeks are anything to go by. At the end of the day though you really need the points, so I expect it’ll come down to who has the most fight in them, and who wants it most. If I’m any judge we’ll try and score early and turn your crowd.

Good luck though.

Get bent, Cumbrain.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 14:54 - Mar 27 with 8921 viewsgriff

RAM IT
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:54 - Mar 27 with 8800 viewsTomRAFC

Lynch
Keohane Downing Dorsett Clark
O'Keefe Kelly O'Connell Newby
Andrews Charman

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:08 - Mar 27 with 8768 viewsBarrowdale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 15:54 - Mar 27 by TomRAFC

Lynch
Keohane Downing Dorsett Clark
O'Keefe Kelly O'Connell Newby
Andrews Charman

That would do.

SO LONG AS THEY TRY
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 8681 viewsboromat

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 11:57 - Mar 27 by Barrowdale

Grant and Kelly for Broadbent and Dooley pls

Grant and Kelly as a midfield 2 is just too lightweight and especially on our pitch can't see it being a great pairing.

Kelly
Clarke
O'Keefe
Newby

All need dropping don't look up for it.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 17:09 - Mar 27 with 8608 viewssamueloneils

Despite the gloomsters who find each performance worse than the one before, there were some signs of improvement in the Crawley display.

1. Charman is a much better prospect than Campbell( I know Campbell is now out of the picture) I thought he played far better with his back to goal, and was still battling right to the end. His turn and shot in the last minute was a belter. Why Done has been preferred to Charman is a mystery to me.

2. The back line was rarely troubled- the goal was very unlucky with its rebound. O`Connell and Downing were excellent and Dorsett OK despite a couple of errors.

3. O`Keeffe is not a full back- Keohane a better defender.

4. Cashman looked up for it when he came on. Too little too late?

5. Kelly brought on too late.Dooley seems incapable of passing forward.Andrews not yet fit but always gives defenders a problem.

Finally just a word for Newby. He gets a lot of stick here. Suffice to say the Crawley commentators were surprised and pleased when he was withdrawn.

We need to win at least 2 games for safety unless Oldham provide a miracle run-in. We have 5 home games out of 8 to play. Team selection is the key IMO.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 8489 viewsblackdogblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:45 - Mar 27 by kel

Get bent, Cumbrain.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 8452 viewsJames1980

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 13:45 - Mar 27 by kel

Get bent, Cumbrain.

He's retired hasn't he might still be able to do a job in league 2 though

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 18:27 - Mar 27 with 8376 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 12:07 - Mar 27 by NorthernDale

I would go for

Lynch,
Andrews, Charman

Subs

Second poster to mention Odoh.....but where the f*ck is he?

On the naughty step,frozen out for some reason? Looked good earlier in season just a pity he can't finish.

But surely we need EVERY player we have, give him a chance for god's sake. He can't be any worse than some of present lot. Shake 'em up Robert.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 18:41 - Mar 27 with 8321 viewsnordenblue

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 18:27 - Mar 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Second poster to mention Odoh.....but where the f*ck is he?

On the naughty step,frozen out for some reason? Looked good earlier in season just a pity he can't finish.

But surely we need EVERY player we have, give him a chance for god's sake. He can't be any worse than some of present lot. Shake 'em up Robert.

He doesn't need to score a bag full it would be a start just to have someone on the pitch who can run at the opposition and even create chances, if RS is getting the best or even 75% out of this squad then I'm the queen mother.
Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:18 - Mar 27 with 8210 viewsTVOS1907

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 17:09 - Mar 27 by samueloneils

Despite the gloomsters who find each performance worse than the one before, there were some signs of improvement in the Crawley display.

1. Charman is a much better prospect than Campbell( I know Campbell is now out of the picture) I thought he played far better with his back to goal, and was still battling right to the end. His turn and shot in the last minute was a belter. Why Done has been preferred to Charman is a mystery to me.

2. The back line was rarely troubled- the goal was very unlucky with its rebound. O`Connell and Downing were excellent and Dorsett OK despite a couple of errors.

3. O`Keeffe is not a full back- Keohane a better defender.

4. Cashman looked up for it when he came on. Too little too late?

5. Kelly brought on too late.Dooley seems incapable of passing forward.Andrews not yet fit but always gives defenders a problem.

Finally just a word for Newby. He gets a lot of stick here. Suffice to say the Crawley commentators were surprised and pleased when he was withdrawn.

We need to win at least 2 games for safety unless Oldham provide a miracle run-in. We have 5 home games out of 8 to play. Team selection is the key IMO.

An interesting analysis, which I mostly agree with, except Downing.

I really like him as a player and he's generally been excellent for us, but yesterday almost every pass or header went astray or to a red shirt.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:47 - Mar 27 with 8138 viewsboromat

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 19:18 - Mar 27 by TVOS1907

An interesting analysis, which I mostly agree with, except Downing.

I really like him as a player and he's generally been excellent for us, but yesterday almost every pass or header went astray or to a red shirt.

I thought Downing had his worst game for us and O'Connell looked really shaky. But agree with the fact we weren't massively troubled by Crawley. We caused our own problems.

Carlisle at home Tuesday on 10:21 - Mar 28 with 7651 viewsdawlishdale

Make no mistake about it. Tomorrow is a huge game for us.

Another loss and I think the Board will act in removing Stockdale. I'm afraid it isn't working, and, much as I like the guy, he has either assembled a very very poor squad, or the players are not performing to their ability.

The Board has to look at themselves as well, as the January decision to sell Beesley & Morley has proved to be a disaster.

I really want Stockdale to be a success here, but in the last three months, it's been horrible to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024