Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R's v royals match thread. 22:17 - Oct 6 with 38454 viewsqpr_1968

well, it only seems like a couple of days ago we played, oh hang on......
i started the match thread last season against these, headed, hoops v loops.
i predicted the 4-0 score line as well.
dunne scored in that game, i can feel in me water jimmy will score again friday....if he plays.
2-1 to the r's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

R's v royals match thread. on 22:36 - Oct 7 with 2880 viewsloftboy

R's v royals match thread. on 22:26 - Oct 7 by danehoop

I was impressed with Kakay when he came on. He isn't Laird, but came on and did a really good job at a difficult time. Seems to have improved a lot with crossing (or perhaps willingness to cross) and his positioning seemed much better as the game went on. Looks like he is also benefitting from Beale's coaching skills. Genuinely a solid cover for Laird.

And he’s ours!
Laird is obviously a superb player but Kakay is more than competent when he plays.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

R's v royals match thread. on 22:38 - Oct 7 with 2850 viewsGreenbay

MATCH REPORT
QPR 2 Reading 1
Well can you believe this?
Three wins on the trot inside 6 days.
Lyndon Dykes scored both our goals on his 27th birthday.
The first a brilliant header from a Kakay cross — 12 minutes before HT.
That made it 1-1 after Carroll had converted from the spot just 90 seconds beforehand.
And it was Dykes, also from the spot, steering the ball home inside the left-hand post to give us all three points 8 minutes from time.
This was after Tim was brought down by Loum.
As readers of this thread will note we should have had a penalty when Hutchinson blatantly handled inside the box in the opening half.
Only the referee and the linesman missed it.
The rest of us fans were incensed.
Apart from that Dykes perfect penalty - which needed huge concentration - that header for the first goal was more than brilliant.
To get low down from the cross and then to glide the ball into the ground to beat our ex-keeper Joe Lumley was just magnificent to watch.
And then in addition there were some towering defensive headers from Dykes.
You have to be impressed after many of us have given him a hard time.
Well done Lyndon — the boy done well so to speak!!
And a big applause for Kakay.
He came on as sub for the injured Laird after just 25 minutes.
His defending has improved massively.
He’s much closer these days to the attacker down our right whereas before - he stood off the opposition.
That surely must be down to coaching and perhaps learning a thing or two from the younger Laird.
His crosses still have to be improved but he is developing so well.
And oh by the way we are third - on goal difference behind Sheffield United and Norwich — and 6 points clear of 7th placed Blackburn having played one more game.
Six wins and a draw from our last 8.
That’s promotion form.
OK I’m not going to get carried away but this squad is quite something.
They are like terriers not giving the opposition time to dwell on the ball.
Then there was a big quantity of smooth — slick passing and oh so patient - that I had to wonder — am I watching our QPR?
The first 25 minutes it was all us.
Reading were impressive after HT for lengthy spells.
But somehow we bounced back helped by an infusion of subs — Amos, Dozzell, and Dickie.
This was yet again another squad effort.
There’s a vibrancy about our team
We could have fallen apart when they scored the opener.
But no we never gave up — struck quickly to level — before getting yet another deserved victory.
We now have 24 points from 13 games — still three ahead of our 21 from 13 last season.
And continuing our fantasy - we have 8 more matches before the 4-week World Cup break.
That follows our match at Coventry on November 12.
By that time we would have played 21 Championship matches.
Last year we had 35 points at that stage.
That means we need another 11 points from those 8 matches to just equal that tally.
We should be well ahead of that tally by the time the World Cup arrives.
Eight days rest then to our next set of 3 games this time in 8 days.
Luton away on Saturday October 15 at Kenilworth Road, then two home matches
Cardiff on Wednesday October 19, then home to Wigan on the 22nd.
This is a much better side than at this time last season.
And we were doing well then.
Praise again for Mike Beale.
He knows what he’s doing.
And that QPR squad — you deserve your two days rest.
Oh and I almost forgot OP QPR_1968 — well he’s done it again.
CONGRATULATIONS.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 22:59]
R's v royals match thread. on 22:39 - Oct 7 with 2829 viewssdm1508

R's v royals match thread. on 22:05 - Oct 7 by QPRSteve

Typical Sky. A rare Friday win and they show sod all analysis of the game so they can switch to bloody darts.

You know the game was also on another channel where they did 30 mins afterwards. The other channel is where they switched to the darts
R's v royals match thread. on 22:41 - Oct 7 with 2772 viewsHAYESBOY

R's v royals match thread. on 22:25 - Oct 7 by StreathamRanger

Look at that team spirit😀
Laird has been such a good signing. Obviously a massively positive character both on and off the pitch. This team are buzzing at the moment. But, like Beale said post match he can't let them get to high now or too low when things don't go our way. With Beale at the wheel we're in safe hands.

That is so good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

R's v royals match thread. on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 2747 viewsloftus77

Childish and petty I know, but if (like me) you have a few Watford-supporting friends (or Norwich), hard to resist informing them that we've just gone past their entire points total for last season. Today's 7th Oct, just to confirm.
R's v royals match thread. on 22:46 - Oct 7 with 2643 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A fully deserved win from a team missing Willock and losing Laird early doors. They didn't let their heads drop when an obvious penalty wasn't awarded or when Reading went ahead against the run of play. Delighted for Dykes; I hope he kicks on and goes on a hot streak. COYRs!
R's v royals match thread. on 22:53 - Oct 7 with 2545 viewsPhilmyRs

R's v royals match thread. on 22:26 - Oct 7 by danehoop

I was impressed with Kakay when he came on. He isn't Laird, but came on and did a really good job at a difficult time. Seems to have improved a lot with crossing (or perhaps willingness to cross) and his positioning seemed much better as the game went on. Looks like he is also benefitting from Beale's coaching skills. Genuinely a solid cover for Laird.

All about opinions but I thought after a really good start and that assist, he regressed badly. I do worry that if Laird was out long term we’d be notably weaker. I do agree his crossing is much better than when he first broke into the team but the gulf in class between him and Laird is pretty clear.

I thought we deserved to win. Dykes had a good game and showed what he’s capable of. Decent record against Reading.
R's v royals match thread. on 22:55 - Oct 7 with 2486 viewsHastings_Hoops

R's v royals match thread. on 21:58 - Oct 7 by fraserc

We just need Norwich to lose 3-0 tomorrow and we'll be in a promotion spot

Knobend are sure to win it 1-0 in the first ten minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

R's v royals match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 7 with 2461 viewsCiderwithRsie

Laird has been such a good signing. Obviously a massively positive character both on and off the pitch. This team are buzzing at the moment. But, like Beale said post match he can't let them get to high now or too low when things don't go our way. With Beale at the wheel we're in safe hands.

That's a great video. Looks and sounds like a team that believes it is going places.
R's v royals match thread. on 22:59 - Oct 7 with 2411 viewsslmrstid

Gutted I couldnt go tonight but we look a really good team at the minute. There'll be difficult days still, but enjoying this Rangers look right now. Come on you R's!
R's v royals match thread. on 23:01 - Oct 7 with 2389 viewsBurnleyhoop

R's v royals match thread. on 22:14 - Oct 7 by jtuck

Phenomenal stamina from Ilias Chair this week: Bristol 85 mins, Sheffield 77 mins, tonight whole game. And he's doing a lot of closing down.

And never gets injured….priceless.
R's v royals match thread. on 23:01 - Oct 7 with 2375 viewsozranger

R's v royals match thread. on 22:59 - Oct 7 by slmrstid

Gutted I couldnt go tonight but we look a really good team at the minute. There'll be difficult days still, but enjoying this Rangers look right now. Come on you R's!

Similarly. Fatigue from going to both Bristol and Sheffield together with my 4th jab has seen me under the weather and I had to give this one the miss. Great result anyway.
R's v royals match thread. on 23:14 - Oct 7 with 2244 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great stuff Rangers, Beale got it right again tonight. First time this season gone behind and turned it over for a win. Great atmosphere and we had the winning goal at the loft end.
R's v royals match thread. on 23:16 - Oct 7 with 2218 viewsDieByYourSide

Micky fvcking Beale. I would take a bullet for that man.

Poll: And it's hi ho

R's v royals match thread. on 23:25 - Oct 7 with 2132 viewsMrSheen

R's v royals match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 7 by CiderwithRsie

That's a great video. Looks and sounds like a team that believes it is going places.

Very pleased to see Roberts so thrilled the end of what looked a frustrating night for him. The loan players are into it as much as our own.

Fairly play to Andy Carroll, I expected to be able to mock him as a busted flush but he was a real menace, the only threat they posed.
R's v royals match thread. on 23:27 - Oct 7 with 2118 viewsthemodfather

big win, we played well again, worked hard closed them down chased and no heads dropped. good atmosphere , we are the mighty rs and scaring the shite out of 23 teams and us fans! top joint, 9 pts in 6 days , AV IT
R's v royals match thread. on 23:32 - Oct 7 with 2076 viewsHantsR

Just got back home, what a super evening. The moon and Jupiter shone on us and the team responded to some setbacks, never hanging heads. That Mel Norfolt guy was near me and he looked well pleased also!
R's v royals match thread. on 23:36 - Oct 7 with 2051 viewsdistortR

love Chair patting Dykes QPR badge.
love Chair,really.
Just loving watching us at the moment, Great Manager, some serious talent and commitment on the pitch, and players who want to learn - under Warbs and now Beale, we improve players.
I've always liked Kakay, but never thought he was really good enough - he's improved a lot this season, his positioning is so much better. Put in 3 really good crosses,as well.
R's v royals match thread. on 00:02 - Oct 8 with 1910 viewsLblock

R's v royals match thread. on 22:22 - Oct 7 by longbottom

Only 28 points needed to avoid the drop.

You know it my old shun

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

R's v royals match thread. on 00:15 - Oct 8 with 1840 viewsMatch82

R's v royals match thread. on 22:22 - Oct 7 by longbottom

Only 28 points needed to avoid the drop.

Only 18! 16 if you believe 40 is the magic number!
R's v royals match thread. on 00:18 - Oct 8 with 1826 viewsaston_hoop

Random moment of the day, as a Spanish resident of a few years, I've been following our former ambassador to Spain Simon Manley on Twitter and it turns out he's an R! Rangers everywhere

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

R's v royals match thread. on 00:28 - Oct 8 with 1799 viewsDavieQPR

Just seen Ince's post-match interview on Sky. Is it me or does he look like he has been crying and is about to start again.
As regards the penalty that Tim gave away their player actually trod on Tim's foot.
R's v royals match thread. on 00:32 - Oct 8 with 1794 viewsjoe90

Wow! What performance! I thought that was a good competitive game, but we were the better team and deserved win.

Very pleased for Dykes. It’s been a long time coming and I hope this is the start of a good run of form.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kakay play so well.

Great atmosphere as well, really felt the fans getting behind the team. Another classic night under the lights at Loftus Road!
R's v royals match thread. on 08:23 - Oct 8 with 1444 viewsNortholt_Rs

R's v royals match thread. on 22:41 - Oct 7 by HAYESBOY

That is so good.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

R's v royals match thread. on 13:21 - Oct 8 with 1185 viewsDamo1962

Fair play Lyndon. Hope this starts a goal fest for you and us. Very coolly taken pen as well.Enjoyed this match...and the correct result. It's a while since I have seen a Rangers team show such composure and determination - well done MB. Seny is a great keeper and will be the hardest to hang onto I reckon. So cool and with a great presence. I'll give Dykes the MOTM for his goals and all round performance. Fingers crossed that all these niggling hamstrings don't spoil it for us all. Oh and finally - love seeing Illy as Captain.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024