Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup 16:47 - Nov 1 with 20941 viewsTVOS1907

Surprised this hasn't already been started.

Anyway, a bit of a walk down Memory Lane as Dale face Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup for the first time in 20 years. Last time it went to a replay:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 17:40 - Nov 1 with 9631 viewskel

Bit early. You excited?
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 9631 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 17:40 - Nov 1 by kel

Bit early. You excited?

Overly.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:44 - Nov 1 with 9469 viewsD_Alien

Before the cup game, Barrow beating Colchester tonight keeps us out of the bottom two, with a game in hand on both teams below us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 12:32 - Nov 2 with 9195 viewsBucketBstard

I would rather not have to rely on other teams being worse than us though. Lets hope January allows Bentley to shape the team a little bit more. I dont think we can rely on the others not to improve.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 12:36 - Nov 2 with 9159 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 12:32 - Nov 2 by BucketBstard

I would rather not have to rely on other teams being worse than us though. Lets hope January allows Bentley to shape the team a little bit more. I dont think we can rely on the others not to improve.

There are some things we can rely on, though...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 10:59 - Nov 4 with 8514 viewsleedsdale

White and Quigley back training
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 18:41 - Nov 4 with 8155 viewsNorthernDale

White and Quigley back in training is good news, any news on Campbell?
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:58 - Nov 4 with 7967 viewsleedsdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 18:41 - Nov 4 by NorthernDale

White and Quigley back in training is good news, any news on Campbell?

Apparently he has spent the last couple of weeks at St George’s Park getting treatment but is now back at the club
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:34 - Nov 4 with 7904 viewsSandyman

That cup game at Bristol Rovers is the coldest I've ever been at a football ground, even colder than the "beast from the East" night at Wembley. Any other memories of bitterly cold away days?
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:41 - Nov 4 with 7889 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:34 - Nov 4 by Sandyman

That cup game at Bristol Rovers is the coldest I've ever been at a football ground, even colder than the "beast from the East" night at Wembley. Any other memories of bitterly cold away days?

Wigan, away, December 1996.

Some people even went to sit in their car at half-time, it was that cold.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:50 - Nov 4 with 7874 views442Dale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:41 - Nov 4 by TVOS1907

Wigan, away, December 1996.

Some people even went to sit in their car at half-time, it was that cold.

Sure we’ve done this thread in the last year or two!

Also, Wigan away in the Leyland Daf in January 91. The crush barriers were too cold to lean on.

Bolton in the same competition in December the same year. On that corner terrace, the pitch was frozen.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 23:02 - Nov 4 with 7862 viewspioneer

Hartlepool last saturday before Xmas 1974.

I think they filmed Scott of the Antartic there the next day
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 01:12 - Nov 5 with 7779 viewsTomRAFC

It was horrendously cold that day. Even seeing a steward that was a dead ringer for Ruud Gullit didn't warm the cockles.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 07:47 - Nov 5 with 7676 viewsHuddersdale1

Barnet away in the 2012/13 season, one of the first games after Hilly came back for his second stint. Edgar Davids was playing for Barnet. Very cold afternoon and a mundane 0-0 draw, but it gave us some hope that the leaky defence was being sorted.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 08:56 - Nov 5 with 7618 viewsfitzochris

Macclesfield away. Can’t remember the exact season. Parkin era, maybe? Freezing and raining and absolutely no cover from any of it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 7620 viewsmikehunt

Bacup Borough: a friendly to inaugurate their floodlights. The wind was howling off the moors bringing with it horizontal sleet and nowhere to hide from the conditions.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:22 - Nov 5 with 7589 viewspioneer

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:00 - Nov 5 by mikehunt

Bacup Borough: a friendly to inaugurate their floodlights. The wind was howling off the moors bringing with it horizontal sleet and nowhere to hide from the conditions.

I think its like that every game at Bacup.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 11:49 - Nov 5 with 7410 viewsfourfourtwo

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 08:56 - Nov 5 by fitzochris

Macclesfield away. Can’t remember the exact season. Parkin era, maybe? Freezing and raining and absolutely no cover from any of it.

Remember a similar game at Macc under Hill when Murray scored two to equalise in added time. Don’t think I’ve ever been as wet at a football game.

Two other cold ones for me were Coventry away when Calvin equalised late on & the Spurs replay at Wembley during the Beast From The East. Had a few hairy moments driving down the M6 that day.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 12:37 - Nov 5 with 7308 viewsDale_4_Life

Then we went to deepdale and won!! That was a fantastic away day and what a strike by Evil.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 12:39 - Nov 5 with 7298 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Doncaster away at the old Belle View.
Almost every visit to Hartlepool, especially Friday night.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 13:07 - Nov 5 with 7222 viewsEllDale

COK outstanding in the first half for Forest Green in the televised game at South Shields.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 13:14 - Nov 5 with 7215 viewsbrownale

Forest green int cup ,should never have finished that game.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 13:31 - Nov 5 with 7169 viewsJames1980

Is the game available to watch on Ifollow?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 14:15 - Nov 5 with 7034 viewsHullDale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 14:27 - Nov 5 with 6964 viewsfrequency

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 13:31 - Nov 5 by James1980

Is the game available to watch on Ifollow?

Yes it is

Hate city

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024