Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings 22:13 - May 4 with 22219 viewsnumptydumpty

Seen as Reading down and his dad got sacked and no idea if we can afford his wages but we certainly need more strength and ability in midfield, think Tom Ince could be a decent shout.

Can't see him playing in league one.

Guessing money could be an issue though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 20:08 - May 5 with 5049 viewsaston_hoop

Josh Key is one we'll go for, Exeter RB who is OOC and most of the teams around us will also be trying for. Ainsworth will have seen enough of him certainly, up to him what kind of side
he'd want to play in really.

I was talking to the agent of a bunch of EFL players recently and he told me there is no chance he'd ever recommend a young attacking player go to a club who don't play possession football as many of them will maximise their value playing in teams where they'll see a lot of the ball. So on that note, I think we're looking at 'second chance' players rather than ones still on the upwards trajectory. But lets see

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 22:05 - May 5 with 4944 viewsderbyhoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:04 - May 5 by ngbqpr

Macaulay Langstaff at Notts County.

Tho I appreciate that with 42 goals in 45 games, he'll be on every club's radar.

Everybody will look.
But he's 26 and didn't really start scoring until the last 2 seasons.
Notts got him for 50K, from Gateshead(?).
They'll want a lot more than that to sell.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 23:46 - May 5 with 4825 viewslightwaterhoop

If it was down to me i would be looking to Argentina for a couple of players,Gino and Ale were great for us and given the economic situation there i'm sure we could make some decent signings.Being a London club would help too.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:45 - May 7 with 4536 viewsdmm

Ainsworth wants pace up front https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-ainsworth-says-he-wants-pace-up-fro
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:47 - May 7 with 4532 viewskensalriser

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:45 - May 7 by dmm

Ainsworth wants pace up front https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-ainsworth-says-he-wants-pace-up-fro

Andy Carroll may be out of the running then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:32 - May 7 with 4434 viewsdistortR

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 19:57 - May 5 by Boston

1/. They must have legs.

2/. Preferably no older than mid twenties.

3/. Reasonable command of the English language.

Mate, you've just posted your 'lonely hearts' requirements..............
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:48 - May 7 with 4362 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:32 - May 7 by distortR

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 00:54 - May 8 with 4100 viewsDamo1962

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:32 - May 7 by distortR

😂😂
Login to get fewer ads

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 01:16 - May 8 with 4119 viewslave16

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 00:54 - May 8 by Damo1962

😂😂

What about looking at Eiran Cashin and Jason Knight at Derby -- will probably not want to remain in League One

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 06:19 - May 8 with 4037 viewsdmm

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 01:16 - May 8 by lave16

What about looking at Eiran Cashin and Jason Knight at Derby -- will probably not want to remain in League One

Our transfer budget is unlikely to stretch that far
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 09:33 - May 8 with 3901 viewskernowhoop

With regard to the third criterion... you may be narrowing the choice too much.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:13 - May 8 with 3773 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:45 - May 7 by dmm

Pace! Something we've not had since Bright left. Looking like we'll be a counter attacking side, especially away. No problem with that.

Be interesting to see what players from the B team are promoted.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:24 - May 8 with 3752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Like Chris Martin and Albert Adomah...

...ah, I'm not going to think about it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 19:21 - May 8 with 3587 viewsGaxZE

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 07:21 - May 5 by essextaxiboy

Ejaria would be a decent signing ..

What I've read from Reading fans is he threw in the towel over there and has been a bad apple for a while. Need to avoid players like this even though they are the type of number 10's we wanted to buy in the past.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 00:34 - May 9 with 3419 viewslave16

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 19:21 - May 8 by GaxZE

What I've read from Reading fans is he threw in the towel over there and has been a bad apple for a while. Need to avoid players like this even though they are the type of number 10's we wanted to buy in the past.

Are we not a sanctuary for bad apple's - not to mention glass apple's or injured apple's?

Here's looking forward to next season - no injuries and player's who will run through barn doors for the club as opposed to those who limp off with a broken finger nail.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:25 - May 9 with 3304 viewselnombre

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 14:45 - May 5 by denhamhoop2

Ryan Nyambe is out of contract at Wigan Shayne Lavery strikes me as a GA type of striker Dabo is out of contract at Coventry a player who has pace something we desperately need in the team. Callum Patterson is another GA type of player who is available a lot of who we get in will be dependent on who goes and whether we get anything for them

Hard pass from me on Nyambe, but Charlie Hughes was excellent at right CB in a very poor team, only 19, strong, quick, decent on the ball, looks a prospect and he'll doubtless have admirers. Under contract, but could be tempted by the notion of getting paid more than twice a season, and Wigan are, alas, busy putting sticky price labels on just about everything again, including the boardroom furniture.

Christ Tiehi at DM also has a good season, think a few prem clubs are looking at him, however...
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:45 - May 9 with 3261 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kelman at Orient looks like a good prospect. Would pair up with Armstrong or Dykes (if he doesn't go to Millwall) in a Ferdinand/ Bradley Allen type set up. Duke-Mckenna to replace the departing (hopefully) Johannsson with Field, Amos and Dozzell in not required midfield. Kolli & Chair(if he stays) in free roles behind the strikers. Chair is utterly wasted on the wings IMO.
Kakay, Paal, Dunne & Clarke-Salter at the back. If Willock & Dieng are sold to cover the FFP shortfall Archer wouldn't be too bad and there is still the option of Joe Walsh if he has improved at all. Chuck in Shodipo, Aoroha, Bala, Lloyd and we won't have to spend a penny on the squad to survive and we can use any spare cash on getting a fitness & conditioning team to stop the devastating swathe of muscle tears and similar injuries sustained this season. What has happened to prolonged stretching and warming up before matches, and before being sent on as a sub? Get Carl Serrant back, we didn't get anywhere near the amount of muscle injuries back then as we do now.

The grass is always greener.

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:16 - May 9 with 3198 viewsdmm

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:45 - May 9 by Esox_Lucius

Kelman at Orient looks like a good prospect. Would pair up with Armstrong or Dykes (if he doesn't go to Millwall) in a Ferdinand/ Bradley Allen type set up. Duke-Mckenna to replace the departing (hopefully) Johannsson with Field, Amos and Dozzell in not required midfield. Kolli & Chair(if he stays) in free roles behind the strikers. Chair is utterly wasted on the wings IMO.
Kakay, Paal, Dunne & Clarke-Salter at the back. If Willock & Dieng are sold to cover the FFP shortfall Archer wouldn't be too bad and there is still the option of Joe Walsh if he has improved at all. Chuck in Shodipo, Aoroha, Bala, Lloyd and we won't have to spend a penny on the squad to survive and we can use any spare cash on getting a fitness & conditioning team to stop the devastating swathe of muscle tears and similar injuries sustained this season. What has happened to prolonged stretching and warming up before matches, and before being sent on as a sub? Get Carl Serrant back, we didn't get anywhere near the amount of muscle injuries back then as we do now.

Esox, if you want us to rely on Kelman, Duke-McKenna, Kolli, Shodipo, Aoroha, Bala, Lloyd and Walsh to keep us up next season, you'll be very disappointed. Most of them have never played first team football and those that have are not up to Championship standard.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:50 - May 9 with 3146 viewsRs_Holy

if Forest stay up maybe we could get a couple on loan from their massive squad.... take your pick from Willy Boly, Harry toffolo, Jack Colback, Josh Bowler, Lyle Taylor etc
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:36 - May 9 with 3009 viewsEsox_Lucius

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:16 - May 9 by dmm

Esox, if you want us to rely on Kelman, Duke-McKenna, Kolli, Shodipo, Aoroha, Bala, Lloyd and Walsh to keep us up next season, you'll be very disappointed. Most of them have never played first team football and those that have are not up to Championship standard.

No, I would just like to see them get a chance and with no money to spend and a FFP shortfall to cover next season would be the best bet no matter what division we end up in. QPR were in the 3rd flight when I started watching them and I am certain that I would get over having to watch them in it again. I, also, wasn't relying on those players, you will notice that the others I mentioned were all experienced 1st teamers.

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:43 - May 9 with 2993 viewsaston_hoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:36 - May 9 by Esox_Lucius

No, I would just like to see them get a chance and with no money to spend and a FFP shortfall to cover next season would be the best bet no matter what division we end up in. QPR were in the 3rd flight when I started watching them and I am certain that I would get over having to watch them in it again. I, also, wasn't relying on those players, you will notice that the others I mentioned were all experienced 1st teamers.

Watching their youth graduates Conway and Bell causing us problems while the player they replaced in Chris Martin did fck all as he can barely move does make me want to lean into using Kelman and Lloyd at least a bit next season, see how it goes. Not like the 2 Bristol City players went out on loan at a high level and smashes it up, they were just given a chance and given time.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:49 - May 9 with 2891 viewskensalriser

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:36 - May 9 by Esox_Lucius

How many more chances would Shodipo need before we're fully confident he's not good enough?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:18 - May 9 with 2810 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not our call, it's the club's.

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 22:40 - May 9 with 2568 viewsnumptydumpty

Classic !! 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 23:37 - May 9 with 2499 viewsgolborne

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 09:39 - May 5 by SimonJames

New DoF

New manager!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024