Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reggie Cannon 19:12 - Sep 19 with 56610 viewsaston_hoop

In amongst all the fun of the game tonight, we are apparently looking to sign an American international right back

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Reggie Cannon on 20:50 - Sep 26 with 3297 viewsted_hendrix

Enough already.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reggie Cannon on 21:52 - Sep 26 with 3040 viewsqueensparker

Reggie Cannon on 20:50 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

Enough already.

Is it getting on your wick Ted?
Reggie Cannon on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 3008 viewsnumptydumpty

Sounds like he is likely to have had his own two page spread as a character in the comic Viz to me.

Fnaar fnaar !!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 21:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Reggie Cannon on 22:10 - Sep 26 with 2945 viewsHastings_Hoops

Reggie Cannon on 12:05 - Sep 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looks like a good signing is my verdict on a player I only heard about five minutes ago 😆

Can’t help but feel sorry for Kakay though. I loved having a home grown Kilburn lad in the side.

Good luck Reggie.

Is he likely to replace Kakay or play RWB and allow Smyth to go more as an attacking midfielder?
Reggie Cannon on 22:46 - Sep 26 with 2786 viewsted_hendrix

Reggie Cannon on 21:52 - Sep 26 by queensparker

Well no not really, not like I'm about to spontaneously combust and fly off head first over the roof tops and tree tops in the general direction of the Wiltshire countryside and It's fabulous pig farms.

No.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reggie Cannon on 23:57 - Sep 26 with 2573 viewsLblock

Reggie Cannon on 19:06 - Sep 26 by daveB

Gallen is right though we are still very short up front, going into another full season with just Dykes as a senior striker is asking for trouble imo

I get the view on lacking experience up top and Dykes needs another senior pro but….

Armstrong will come good; I’m convinced of that. I still think he’ll make double figures this season if he gets regular runouts; especially later on in games when he’s on the bench.

The other lad I really do have time for is Kolli; love him to bag a couple.
Not sure he’s an out and out striker but the cameos (word up) I’ve seen him have so far have been great. He’s not scared to play through middle at such a young age, has mixed it with defenders who’ve been around the block, he’s very decent in the air, busy, bit of pace and seems to have a bit of skill. I think we have one here and the addition of another more senior foreasymiggt stifle him.

Having said all that — if GA has a target I’m happy enough as his business so far has been good

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reggie Cannon on 00:17 - Sep 27 with 2553 viewskensalriser

Reggie Cannon on 21:52 - Sep 26 by queensparker

Maybe it's time to disengage.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reggie Cannon on 01:47 - Sep 27 with 2450 viewsSydneyRs

Reggie Cannon on 23:57 - Sep 26 by Lblock

I get the view on lacking experience up top and Dykes needs another senior pro but….

Armstrong will come good; I’m convinced of that. I still think he’ll make double figures this season if he gets regular runouts; especially later on in games when he’s on the bench.

The other lad I really do have time for is Kolli; love him to bag a couple.
Not sure he’s an out and out striker but the cameos (word up) I’ve seen him have so far have been great. He’s not scared to play through middle at such a young age, has mixed it with defenders who’ve been around the block, he’s very decent in the air, busy, bit of pace and seems to have a bit of skill. I think we have one here and the addition of another more senior foreasymiggt stifle him.

Having said all that — if GA has a target I’m happy enough as his business so far has been good

I also get the attacking arguments but those type of players are expensive (well the good ones anyway). A strong defence goes a long way towards the success of any team and ours is a lot stronger now and has much more depth than a few months ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Reggie Cannon on 03:36 - Sep 27 with 2375 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Reggie Cannon on 01:47 - Sep 27 by SydneyRs

I also get the attacking arguments but those type of players are expensive (well the good ones anyway). A strong defence goes a long way towards the success of any team and ours is a lot stronger now and has much more depth than a few months ago.

He's managed to improve an appalling squad of a club in freefall and correct me if I'm wrong, but he's yet to spend any money into the bargain.

That's fantastic going on his and QPR's part, for which credit is due. Not wanting to turn it into a bash Les thread, but all done without a DOF.

Of course, it could be 100% due to the training ground.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Reggie Cannon on 08:51 - Sep 27 with 2062 viewscpgerber

Very happy with this one.

When will we see him in action? Fox and Colback took 2-3 weeks, but Cannon is a lot younger, so should be able to make dev team appearances next week already?
Reggie Cannon on 09:11 - Sep 27 with 1986 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reggie Cannon on 03:36 - Sep 27 by PlanetHonneywood

He's managed to improve an appalling squad of a club in freefall and correct me if I'm wrong, but he's yet to spend any money into the bargain.

That's fantastic going on his and QPR's part, for which credit is due. Not wanting to turn it into a bash Les thread, but all done without a DOF.

Well, Cannon has been on our radar for two years, the club said, so he was spotted under Ferdinand's reign. And I think we spent some money on Smyth.

Overall, it seems like good business, I agree, but we're 17th and we have a team with far less resale value while mired in FFP problems, so I think it's too early for the bubbly. We've still only managed to bring one young player from the lower leagues despite Ainsworth and Dobson spending a decade down there, and Smyth has been here before.

As someone said on here recently, this time last year we thought we'd had a superb summer of recruitment as well. These things take time to fully assess.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Reggie Cannon on 09:52 - Sep 27 with 1876 viewsAndybrat

Reggie Cannon on 09:11 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, Cannon has been on our radar for two years, the club said, so he was spotted under Ferdinand's reign. And I think we spent some money on Smyth.

Overall, it seems like good business, I agree, but we're 17th and we have a team with far less resale value while mired in FFP problems, so I think it's too early for the bubbly. We've still only managed to bring one young player from the lower leagues despite Ainsworth and Dobson spending a decade down there, and Smyth has been here before.

As someone said on here recently, this time last year we thought we'd had a superb summer of recruitment as well. These things take time to fully assess.

Agree Brian but you must be happier than you were, not criticising btw just it looks like a real step forward as a group. Time will tell and GA has more at his disposal
Reggie Cannon on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 1828 viewscpgerber

I think few can deny that the most urgent issue has been addressed: installing some grit and fight into the team which was going to be vital for us to avoid the drop.

Now that that seems to be sorted, I think we can look forward. Cannon perhaps is a signing with the view of selling him two years down the line. Lekarche and Smyth likewise.

Enough youngsters getting minutes with Armstrong the obvious one earmarked to earn serious money.

So while signing Cook, Fox, Colback and Bergovic (for no fees, btw) doesn't scream "profit", these guys are vital in getting the other guys to play well and increase their value.

I am over the moon with the transfer window, not least because there are no loan signings!
Reggie Cannon on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 1797 viewsLblock

I've just watched his interview and I have to say he comes across as a top fella.
I know these things are soundbites and platitudes but seems a sensible bloke and very positive

Hope he's as good as we seem to think he is

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reggie Cannon on 10:02 - Sep 27 with 1795 viewsFG_R

Interesting background article on Reggie from about two years ago – perhaps explaining some of the reasons why he’s been playing in Europe and not MLS.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/03/reggie-cannon-soccer-usmnt-inte

Hope Reggie lives up to his playing potential and well done to Gareth for getting him to come here.
Reggie Cannon on 10:03 - Sep 27 with 1789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reggie Cannon on 09:52 - Sep 27 by Andybrat

Agree Brian but you must be happier than you were, not criticising btw just it looks like a real step forward as a group. Time will tell and GA has more at his disposal

I was actually chatting to a good friend about this last night, and I find it hard to gauge Andy.
I think I'm firmly in the wait-and-see category.

I'm very encouraged by the increase in fitness in the last three games, for instance, and I hope that's real and sustainable because having Ineos's Head of Performance come to us is incredibly exciting to me. But again...early days...

Transfer window? Some positives, but we've been here before. For instance, how much did we get for Dieng and Dickie? what wages have we paid the Thirtysomethings? will the young academy players be able to contribute or have we ended up with a very small squad that will struggle to last the winter? So, again...early days...

Reggie Cannon on 10:04 - Sep 27 with 1774 viewsCamberleyR

Smyth was a free agent Brian. He let his contract run down at Leyton Orient.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Reggie Cannon on 10:07 - Sep 27 with 1732 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reggie Cannon on 10:04 - Sep 27 by CamberleyR

Smyth was a free agent Brian. He let his contract run down at Leyton Orient.

And over 24, so no comp?

Good stuff. Thanks Camberley.

Reggie Cannon on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 1704 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Valid as ever however, I defer to the points raised by Cperber (spelling) above in reply. Equally valid in my view.

I think the main difference is that which we previously had as so called 'experienced players', let us down very badly and provided nothing in terms of nous, and nothing in terms of football. Those whom GA has brought in - and I would include Chris Martin in that - already seem more gnarly, determined, playing better and, dare I say it, more of the 'right sort'.

I think when we look down the years, having a balance between pups and old dogs is key, and we have a reasonable record of getting some good tunes out of old fiddles.

What Rangers need it seems to me from afar, is to treat home games like we do for away matches. Reading here, it seems we are a different proposition in red and black than we are in blue and white. Nothing handing down a good 5-0 drubbing to some provincial northern side at LR wouldn't sort...piece of cake me thinks!!

Of course, the elephant in the room: older legs, decline a lot quicker.

Let's get this thread to the 10-pages it deserves!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 10:11]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Reggie Cannon on 10:20 - Sep 27 with 1660 views89_50

Reggie Cannon on 08:51 - Sep 27 by cpgerber

Very happy with this one.

When will we see him in action? Fox and Colback took 2-3 weeks, but Cannon is a lot younger, so should be able to make dev team appearances next week already?

I was wondering this as well.

Given he hasn't played a competitive game in four months, it won't be any time soon.

Sounds like he's on an accelerated programme to get him up to speed, but even then, I can't imagine he'll be first team ready for 5-6 weeks.

I'd conservatively say we won't see him until around the November international break.
Reggie Cannon on 10:21 - Sep 27 with 1658 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reggie Cannon on 10:10 - Sep 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Valid as ever however, I defer to the points raised by Cperber (spelling) above in reply. Equally valid in my view.

I think the main difference is that which we previously had as so called 'experienced players', let us down very badly and provided nothing in terms of nous, and nothing in terms of football. Those whom GA has brought in - and I would include Chris Martin in that - already seem more gnarly, determined, playing better and, dare I say it, more of the 'right sort'.

I think when we look down the years, having a balance between pups and old dogs is key, and we have a reasonable record of getting some good tunes out of old fiddles.

What Rangers need it seems to me from afar, is to treat home games like we do for away matches. Reading here, it seems we are a different proposition in red and black than we are in blue and white. Nothing handing down a good 5-0 drubbing to some provincial northern side at LR wouldn't sort...piece of cake me thinks!!

Of course, the elephant in the room: older legs, decline a lot quicker.

Let's get this thread to the 10-pages it deserves!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 10:11]

All fair comments, my man.

I'm very excited about Cannon, though. I have no idea why. I 've just decided he's going to be class. Like Roberto Carlos, but taller and buys his round at the bar and is nice to Grannies.

Reggie Cannon on 10:45 - Sep 27 with 1558 viewsdaveB

Reggie Cannon on 03:36 - Sep 27 by PlanetHonneywood

We spent money on transfer fees for Richards and Cook possibly Colback as well

Do agree with Brian, you can't know if you've had a good transfer window until the next ones comes around, last year looked great but then by christmas we'd seen enough of most of them.

year before we all raved about what Warbs did but then by January Austin looked shot to pieces, Johansen was below par, De Wijs was gone and Gray hadn't done much
Reggie Cannon on 10:59 - Sep 27 with 1495 viewsdmm

Reggie Cannon on 10:45 - Sep 27 by daveB

We spent money on transfer fees for Richards and Cook possibly Colback as well

Do agree with Brian, you can't know if you've had a good transfer window until the next ones comes around, last year looked great but then by christmas we'd seen enough of most of them.

year before we all raved about what Warbs did but then by January Austin looked shot to pieces, Johansen was below par, De Wijs was gone and Gray hadn't done much

Yup indeed. I'm already getting a little grumpy with Fox who's started a habit of misjudging aerial balls.
Reggie Cannon on 11:06 - Sep 27 with 1439 viewsNorthernr

Reggie Cannon on 10:59 - Sep 27 by dmm

Yup indeed. I'm already getting a little grumpy with Fox who's started a habit of misjudging aerial balls.

Not only that, but when he loses one it leads to the complete collapse of the defence. Your left sided defender getting beaten in the air 50 yards out should not be causing problems at the scale it currently does for us.
Reggie Cannon on 11:09 - Sep 27 with 1416 viewsDannyPaddox

Reggae Cannons were fired by Buffalo Soldiers at screaming targets during the Jah Wars of eighteen hundred and ting.

We on page 10 yet dread?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024