Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? 13:48 - Sep 22 with 35896 viewsdutch

Is nobody going to start one? Does that mean this is one? If so I reckon another draw, another goal for Dykes, possibly a pen. Have I got the protocol correct I've never done this before? Should I mention it's Birmingham away?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 13:49]
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 08:40 - Sep 23 with 1369 viewsQPROslo

That was another very solid away performance and another clean sheet. A deserved point. After some problems early on when Fox, Paal and Field struggled with positioning, and Fox especially with the pace of the likes of Stansfield we improved defensively as the game went on, especially 2nd half when Stansfield went left side and didn't get as much joy from Kakay and Dozzell. We were always a threat and improved the last 20 minutes or so holding onto the ball a lot better with Albert and Willock on for Smyth and Armsrong. Great to see our fitness levels so good at the end of our 3rd game in a week. Don't get the criticism of Dozzell, or Kakay today. Both worked really hard defensively and did little wrong, Dozzell played a lovely return through ball for Chair when he set up the big chance that Field couldnt finish very close in. If we keep playing as well as that away from home, and can start to improve our home form perhaps by playing more of that possession football we got last 20 today, we'll be all right.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 09:16 - Sep 23 with 1219 viewsLadbrokeR

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:39 - Sep 22 by Lblock

Yes Stansfield swapped positions a few times

He’s been around the world tonight

I can’t find my baby
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 09:47 - Sep 23 with 1093 viewsQPRSteve

I'm another who doesn't get the continued criticism of Dozzel. Thought he had another very good game last night. Ainsworth and his coaching team have done wonders with him.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 09:56 - Sep 23 with 1061 viewsNorthantsHoop

We look a lot more convincing as a unit away from home, other than the Watford blip has been a pattern for a few games now, even going back to last season and the season before that. We are far too negative at home and let the opposition come at us early, rather than get on the front foot and press them and take control. This is something Gareth and his coaching team need to work on, up the early intensity and get ahead.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 10:21 - Sep 23 with 963 viewsR_from_afar

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 04:59 - Sep 23 by rbee

Very happy with a point. Everyone did their part and played well overall.

Our set peices are still woeful. Our short corners never work, defenders waste their time going forward. Put someone on their keeper so it doesn't float easily in to his hands. Basic stuff.

This sort of thing the Americans would call Special Teams, get someone in to coach them crossing for a few hours, an ex pro who could cross the ball. It's a big part of the game.

It is weird that our set pieces are so poor at the moment given that Joe Jacobsen's quality deliveries were so important to Ainsworth's Wycombe. We really do need to work on them.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024