Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? 13:48 - Sep 22 with 36116 viewsdutch

Is nobody going to start one? Does that mean this is one? If so I reckon another draw, another goal for Dykes, possibly a pen. Have I got the protocol correct I've never done this before? Should I mention it's Birmingham away?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 13:49]
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:39 - Sep 22 with 2780 viewsLblock

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:32 - Sep 22 by FDC

Although Stansfield switched back to the right hand side when Adomah came in, which I thought was strange.

Yes Stansfield swapped positions a few times

He’s been around the world tonight

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:39 - Sep 22 with 2785 viewsterryb

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:37 - Sep 22 by qprxtc

Who the f uck is Stansfield? Flew right over my head.

The bloke who took Paal to the cleanners in the first half & created everything that Brum had.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:40 - Sep 22 with 2765 viewscolinallcars

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:37 - Sep 22 by qprxtc

Who the f uck is Stansfield? Flew right over my head.

Excellent…!
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:42 - Sep 22 with 2739 viewsFDC

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:34 - Sep 22 by terryb

Who do you think stopped Stansfield?

Kakay has mastered him.

Thought the switch to the left at half time was interesting, as in Eustace perhaps fancied Stansfield against Kakay, perhaps based upon his knowledge of our squad. But Kakay, with Dozzel and Smyth in front of him kept him fairly quiet compared to the first half
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 22:44]
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:43 - Sep 22 with 2721 viewsManinBlack

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:03 - Sep 22 by numptydumpty

We are a solid championship outfit away from home.

At home we have been a liability for way too long.

Hard to understand, because we have in general always been decent at the "home of football" and not that great away !!!!

I felt under Warburton that we started looking better as an away side and our home form lost something in the process. The past year it has been a joke at home, far worse than anything I have seen over the decades but clearly barely scoring in the Loft end has been a major factor in the poor home form.

As Birmingham did the double over us last season and haven't lost at home yet this season, it is a good away point particularly when achieved live on Sky. Eustace said it was a fair result and he is right.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:49 - Sep 22 with 2624 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:16 - Sep 22 by Ned_Kennedys

No Field in there? Miles better than Chair or Kakay tonight and literally earnt us the point!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 22:31]

I thought he played well, and the clearance was immaculate, but they came through the middle a lot on the first half so to put him in the Top 3 might stretch it imo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:50 - Sep 22 with 2617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:39 - Sep 22 by Lblock

Oh ya!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:50 - Sep 22 with 2598 viewsQPROslo

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 20:23 - Sep 22 by Match82

Under a bit of pressure here. Sensational acrobatic goal line clearance from Fields after a couple of lucky ricochets sent the ball up and over Begovic

Cook attempted clearance very acrobatically saved us from another own goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:52 - Sep 22 with 2568 viewsted_hendrix

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 21:56 - Sep 22 by aston_hoop

Begovic probably MOTM, Field and to a lesser degree Cook decent. Adomah alright. Better result for us than them
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 21:57]

They're GK Ruddy was good too, his save from Dyke's header around 80 odd minutes Is top drawer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:56 - Sep 22 with 2507 viewsSherryHoop

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:34 - Sep 22 by terryb

Who do you think stopped Stansfield?

Kakay has mastered him.

Stansfield "I've been around the world and I I I, I can't get past Ozzy Kakay"
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 22:56]
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:56 - Sep 22 with 2500 viewsflynnbo

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:52 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

They're GK Ruddy was good too, his save from Dyke's header around 80 odd minutes Is top drawer.

Didn’t he do something similar to deny Dykes last year too?
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:57 - Sep 22 with 2492 viewsFDC

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:39 - Sep 22 by Lblock

Eustace had him looking in all the right places
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:58 - Sep 22 with 2469 viewsLblock

I actually thought that was a half decent watch - you’ll see far worse Championship 0-0’s on a Friday night this season for sure.

Looking at a bit of this thread I see Dozz and Kacks are getting credit. Not for me. Both well short of what we need. Kacks has the endeavour but little ability; Dozz has the ability but so little endeavour. By their own standards not too bad tonight.

We must have the slowest Fox in London….. he’ll not get near my food waste. Got done twice tonight and could’ve cost us.

Was a couple of good passages of play from us with Chair central to that, thought he was brilliant for 75 mins this evening. Started to tire but still dug it out right to the end. Props.

Liked what I saw of Sincs. I think he scared the bejesus out of their defenders and looked to be enjoying himself. I think he’ll struggle to hit double figures this season but if he does I’d expect some hefty interest in him.

My final word to Smudge.
Tek a bow wee man, whataboutcher? If only he could cross a ball or put a throw on an are head!!!
I had reservations about a lower league returnee doing much but my words are eaten. Pacey, direct, happy to go outside or come inside channel and a battler - he’s an average fullbacks nightmare. I’ve enjoyed watching him this season and if he can get 8 goals and 5 assists he’ll have had a good season; increase the assists to double figures and it’s a great season.
Love the fact he’s a chippy, niggly player who gives it out….. he’ll certainly get a dozen players or more booked this season and pick up a dozen cards himself.

Feels like four points dropped this week but also somehow bizarrely satisfying?????

I need a lay down

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:00 - Sep 22 with 2460 viewsQPROslo

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 21:10 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Offish stream down for me.

Anyone else?

Went down in HT. Refreshed 3 times and if came back.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:09 - Sep 22 with 2344 viewsNortholt_Rs

I’ll take that point all night long. Clean sheet and probably should’ve taken all 3 points. Onwards and upwards! COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:10 - Sep 22 with 2349 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:58 - Sep 22 by Lblock

I actually thought that was a half decent watch - you’ll see far worse Championship 0-0’s on a Friday night this season for sure.

Looking at a bit of this thread I see Dozz and Kacks are getting credit. Not for me. Both well short of what we need. Kacks has the endeavour but little ability; Dozz has the ability but so little endeavour. By their own standards not too bad tonight.

We must have the slowest Fox in London….. he’ll not get near my food waste. Got done twice tonight and could’ve cost us.

Was a couple of good passages of play from us with Chair central to that, thought he was brilliant for 75 mins this evening. Started to tire but still dug it out right to the end. Props.

Liked what I saw of Sincs. I think he scared the bejesus out of their defenders and looked to be enjoying himself. I think he’ll struggle to hit double figures this season but if he does I’d expect some hefty interest in him.

My final word to Smudge.
Tek a bow wee man, whataboutcher? If only he could cross a ball or put a throw on an are head!!!
I had reservations about a lower league returnee doing much but my words are eaten. Pacey, direct, happy to go outside or come inside channel and a battler - he’s an average fullbacks nightmare. I’ve enjoyed watching him this season and if he can get 8 goals and 5 assists he’ll have had a good season; increase the assists to double figures and it’s a great season.
Love the fact he’s a chippy, niggly player who gives it out….. he’ll certainly get a dozen players or more booked this season and pick up a dozen cards himself.

Feels like four points dropped this week but also somehow bizarrely satisfying?????

I need a lay down

Good post but we only got 2 points out of 9 and without our keeper we would probably have zero after this last hard 7 days .
He has saved multiple 1 on 1 chances fair play to him but we cannot keep getting sliced open like that.
I did not read the match thread ( I always do and enjoy the wide range of emotions ) but we have to be the worse team taking free kicks and corners in history .Some even end up in breakaways thats how terrible they are .
Not sure how we can be satisfied with 2 draws after the International break because the math is not adding up at all right now .
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:35 - Sep 22 with 2182 viewsBurnleyhoop

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 22:58 - Sep 22 by Lblock

My final word to Smudge.

I need a lay down

Be surprised if Sinclair gets another this season, never mind double figures. Can rough defenders up, but that’s pretty much it. I really want to see what Sideshow can do if given more than a substitute cameo appearance.

Good point tonight but we miss the guile and experience Colback in midfield.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:46 - Sep 22 with 2102 viewsBklynRanger

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:10 - Sep 22 by CLAREMAN1995

Good post but we only got 2 points out of 9 and without our keeper we would probably have zero after this last hard 7 days .
He has saved multiple 1 on 1 chances fair play to him but we cannot keep getting sliced open like that.
I did not read the match thread ( I always do and enjoy the wide range of emotions ) but we have to be the worse team taking free kicks and corners in history .Some even end up in breakaways thats how terrible they are .
Not sure how we can be satisfied with 2 draws after the International break because the math is not adding up at all right now .

We can be more or less satisfied under the circumstances because one was 10 against 11 for 70 mins against a league contender, one was a standard shit midweek draw that we've done for years without particular incidence, and the other was tonight which wasn't bad.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 7:24]
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:48 - Sep 22 with 2087 viewsLblock

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:35 - Sep 22 by Burnleyhoop

Be surprised if Sinclair gets another this season, never mind double figures. Can rough defenders up, but that’s pretty much it. I really want to see what Sideshow can do if given more than a substitute cameo appearance.

I did say I think he’ll struggle to get double figures but I think you do him an injustice
Yes, pace and power are his two biggest assets ATM but he showed more than that tonight. Actually a couple of very decent touches and hold up play; pinned Sanderson a couple of times, ran him others so nett result is panic from the CB resulting in a booking.
He’ll come up against much worse teams / players and bag a few scruffy goals.

If I was coaching him the two (very simple) things I’d work on to start with are:
Heading - he needs to learn to attack the ball more in the air and the right way at certain times. He should be a monster threat at corners should we ever sling in a decent one. Never seems to make the right run at the right time to be in the right place to attack the ball with his undoubted power
Lay off and spin - not a big GA tactic but if he can drag his man in deeper then play a wall pass to the CM and run onto a return he’ll have so much joy. Only trouble is the only player who looks like he can keep up with him is Smudge!!!

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 00:44 - Sep 23 with 1920 viewsqueensparker

Really important we don’t as a crowd get down on Sinclair - he’s cleary a player and a kid that thrives on confidence and it’s been really interesting reading all the opposition forums, they always always name him as a threat and a stand out

Yes there are moments when he’s infuriating and couldn’t hit a barn door but thank fk we’re finally unleashing youth players who are faster and stronger than any defender in the entire fkin league, instead of … … well nobody
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 04:59 - Sep 23 with 1657 viewsrbee

Very happy with a point. Everyone did their part and played well overall.

Our set peices are still woeful. Our short corners never work, defenders waste their time going forward. Put someone on their keeper so it doesn't float easily in to his hands. Basic stuff.

This sort of thing the Americans would call Special Teams, get someone in to coach them crossing for a few hours, an ex pro who could cross the ball. It's a big part of the game.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 05:34 - Sep 23 with 1622 viewsessextaxiboy

3 games in 6 days and we were taking it to them at the end. Just need to sort the home form out and we will be OK
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 06:44 - Sep 23 with 1540 viewsnix

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 23:35 - Sep 22 by Burnleyhoop

I think we also miss Dozzell further up the pitch. Having to take Colback's role means he can't be where he's arguably more effective.

Way too early to write off Armstrong in my view. He's obviously learning the game and they're working on various aspects of his play. This season I think it's been bringing other players into the game and turning defenders. There are other things like timing runs so he's not offside, positioning and runs in the box and shooting that hasn't been worked on yet. (they can't do it all at once!). But he's still a raw talent that has a good attitude and lots of potential.
Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 07:03 - Sep 23 with 1472 viewspaulparker

Great attitude from all of the players compare that to last year and it’s night and day, massive credit to Ainsworth bar Watford we have fought for every minute this season ,
Brum were there for the taking and if we had a player like Stansfield in our side then we win that 1-0 , that’s our only problem a lack of quality , I just hope we scramble enough buttons or get lucky with a loan in January as we do need a striker
On a side note all those wanting Eustace to take over must feel silly as they were garbage

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is this a Birmingham away match thread? on 07:27 - Sep 23 with 1380 viewsGaryBannister86

The attitude is definitely there, a big improvement and kudos to GA for that. However, it is so frustrating as when we played football we looked a decent side. When we launched it for Sinclair to chase or those pathetic long throw attempts we looked relegation fodder. GA's obsession with that rubbish has to be removed.

Rejectovic - excellent saves. Mixed in a weak effort with Cook's OG attempt and still boots it ridiculously but I can't deny his shop stopping is excellent

Kakay - can't fault the effort, but I can fault everything else. Every time he breaks forward your heart is in your mouth for him losing it and putting us bang in trouble. Really hope we can improve things with that yank bloke

Cook - vital to us, the difference he makes is palpable

Fox - not convinced

Paal - thought he had a good game

Field - wonderful

Dozzell - did his best Jermaine Jenas vanishing ghost impression, such an odd player

Chair - tried just as hard as Tuesday, which was great, but not much came off

Sinclair - scared Sanderson which was fabulous. So much potential and is obviously improving but we do need some assists / goals at some point.

Dykes - another to make such a difference to us. His focal point is so important.

Smyth - all effort and not a little bit of skill. Like him a lot.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024