Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread 09:11 - Oct 27 with 47246 viewsnumptydumpty

Weirdly, I am looking forward to this one.

We all know Rangers win the games they shouldn't and lose the ones that they should win.

Form wise, this is minimum five nil home defeat.

Strangely, I am optimistic.

But it's basically a free hit. We all expect to be annihilated. I have absolutely zero evidence that my prediction is even anywhere near possible.

But I am going for a Desmond. Two Two....

Yes I know. Definitely will keep taking the tablets !!!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 9:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:09 - Oct 28 with 1947 viewsDamo1962

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 17:43 - Oct 28 by hateley_legend

From Clive's Leicester profile: Harry Winks, 27, DM, Spurs, £10m >>> Conor Coady, 30, CB, Wolves, £7.46m >>> Stephy Mavididi, 25, LW, Montpellier, £7m >>> Mads Hermansen, 23, GK, Bronby, £6m

Those numbers right there are the crux of it, at least today. Lashing out at Ainsworth, Dozzell, Jimmy Dunne, Hoos, Ferdinand or the catering woman who pours terrible beer terribly is just howling at the moon.

You gotta howl at something 😉
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 28 with 1871 viewsMatch82

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 17:10 - Oct 28 by wortonr

I think a lot have misunderstood the Dozzell incident. If the ref shows a straight red that’s very different from two yellows. Effectively he gave the two players equal punishment for the flare up and Dozzell got an extra yellow for the shocking foul that started it. In a way unlucky once the Leicester player pushed him because he was always going to react in the heat of the moment. The Leicester player got him sent off, but there was nothing the ref coud do differently- he was spot on right. I’m afraid the siege mentality and the in your face effort that’s the Ainsworth way is the real explanation. We’ve turned from a team with illusions of grandeur to an imitation Wycombe. One way or another it won’t end well .
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:11]

Don't think anybody has disagreed with the decision, pretty clear first yellow and then utter stupidity to react like he did afterwards for the second. Didn't really give the ref a choice.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:15 - Oct 28 with 1857 viewsPinnerR

QPR manager Gareth Ainsworth told BBC Radio London:

"A crazy, naive moment has cost us.

"We were comfortable against the league leaders. We had a plan and the plan was in place, but you cannot go against a team like this with 10 men - although we almost saw it out.

"I'm proud of that performance - it sounds crazy for a sixth defeat on the spin. But I look at the statistics, the closing down, the fight, the desire, the belief in the players.

"If we keep playing like that, there will be enough in the tank to keep us in the Championship."
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:22 - Oct 28 with 1784 viewsDejR_vu

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:15 - Oct 28 by PinnerR

"We were comfortable against the league leaders. We had a plan and the plan was in place, but you cannot go against a team like this with 10 men - although we almost saw it out.

"I'm proud of that performance - it sounds crazy for a sixth defeat on the spin. But I look at the statistics, the closing down, the fight, the desire, the belief in the players.

"If we keep playing like that, there will be enough in the tank to keep us in the Championship."

I agree with him on the last point, but only with another manager in charge. 7% win ratio at home, indefensible, obviously.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:27 - Oct 28 with 1735 viewsted_hendrix

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 28 by komradkirk

Rotherham now a six pointer.

when did we last show up for one of these ?

We'll not beat Rotherham not a hope In hell.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:36 - Oct 28 with 1662 viewsflynnbo

He’s obsessed with tanks.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:38 - Oct 28 with 1647 viewsThe_Beast1976

I'm starting to think Gareth drops an LSD tab after every game. He's lost it completely
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:41 - Oct 28 with 1614 viewsSK_hoops

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 17:21 - Oct 28 by SK_hoops

Massive six pointer next and we have no centre backs or centre midfielders. What a joke. He will still probably bring on Willock on in the 93rd minute.

I'm sure the post match interview will be all 'Have you SEEN Leicester play? Everyone thought we were going to get battered. So proud of the boys, what a season this will be'.

Wasn't far off tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 28 with 1539 viewsNed_Kennedys

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 28 by komradkirk

Rotherham now a six pointer.

when did we last show up for one of these ?

Rotherham is Gareth’s last chance to save his job but today he deserved a result.

For those of us who were there today it was a much better performance than the recent home sh1t shows and we were matching them up until the sending off. Brave move to start Kelman instead of another defensive midfielder but I think having two forwards gave Leicester more to think about.

Dozzell’s sending off decided the game: not as thick as Dunne’s one but not far off.

Chair was back in form today and had an excellent game: the cynic in me says he has previously been linked to Leicester before and raised his game but it was good to see nevertheless.

Special mention for the three idiots in the Family Stand who decided to scream and swear at Ainsworth as he walked around the pitch at the end then offered out any fans who looked at them disapprovingly, calling them cnts etc. All in front of loads of kids. Pathetic and embarrassing.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 1494 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just home. Crap as usual, and I really don't know what the plan was. I cannot believe he is still in charge. How can try to talk up another defeat.

We are truely awful.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:12 - Oct 28 with 1442 viewslondonscottish

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Rotherham is Gareth’s last chance to save his job but today he deserved a result.

For those of us who were there today it was a much better performance than the recent home sh1t shows and we were matching them up until the sending off. Brave move to start Kelman instead of another defensive midfielder but I think having two forwards gave Leicester more to think about.

Dozzell’s sending off decided the game: not as thick as Dunne’s one but not far off.

Chair was back in form today and had an excellent game: the cynic in me says he has previously been linked to Leicester before and raised his game but it was good to see nevertheless.

Special mention for the three idiots in the Family Stand who decided to scream and swear at Ainsworth as he walked around the pitch at the end then offered out any fans who looked at them disapprovingly, calling them cnts etc. All in front of loads of kids. Pathetic and embarrassing.

I went in the end. Last minute decision.

After all the recent performances of increasing shit-ness I was actually enjoying it until Dozzell had his special moment. 1-1 was on the cards rather than the 4-1/5-0 thrashing I was expecting. And. Then. That.

Also, the new the signage looks like Sports Direct. But if it brings some cash in fair enough.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 1297 viewsFredManRave

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 28 by Ned_Kennedys

daveB obviously let the frustration of the game get to him.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:41 - Oct 28 with 1215 viewsderbyhoop

I k ow it was another home loss but I sW enough today to think we still have a poacher's chance of staying up. If we can reproduce the effort against Rotherham, we can win. And Huddersfield look as bad, if not worse than us.

I still cant see us finishing higher than 21st, though.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:46 - Oct 28 with 1181 viewsNorthantsHoop

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 19:41 - Oct 28 by derbyhoop

I k ow it was another home loss but I sW enough today to think we still have a poacher's chance of staying up. If we can reproduce the effort against Rotherham, we can win. And Huddersfield look as bad, if not worse than us.

I still cant see us finishing higher than 21st, though.

I did not see anything to suggest if we continue on the current path that this lot can stave off relegation.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 19:46]
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 20:05 - Oct 28 with 1062 viewsbaz_qpr

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 17:21 - Oct 28 by R_from_afar

"The big question now is that can we repeat that performance at Rotherham next week".

I admire your optimism in even asking that question.

Big difference between not losing a game and trying to win won. We tried not to lose today and nearly did it, particularly down to an excellent performance from the back 5. But going forward bar the goal we were atrocious a number of times we won possession in a position that nearly every other team playing against us would have punished us or at least fashioned a good chance, but Dykes twice tried to score from 40 yards, Kelman ran into dead ends, Chair found himself totally isolated with no one breaking forward. We get into a good position and unless there is someone to pass to, to put in a cross we dont have a clue what to do.

I want a manager who plays to win not to not lose.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 20:06 - Oct 28 with 1055 viewsslmrstid

For today I feel sorry for Ainsworth - I feel we got the tactics spot on, we contained Leicester, we were actually a threat, we were thoroughly deserving to be level, I actually think we had them rattled 11v11 and 1-1.

Then Dozzell...fk sake. Ridiculous. Utterly, utterly, utterly braindead. Put his manager, teammates and club entirely in the sht. Entirely changed the game dynamic.

I can see why Leicester are winning so many games by just the odd goal - they are so risk adverse its ridiculous. So many times they had the chance to slice us open when we were down to 10 and they kept turning around to pass backwards or sideways rather than try and play someone in on goal. Explains why their possession stats are so ridiculous too - we can all do that if we do triangles between the back four whilst going absolutely nowhere.
Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 28 with 910 viewsQPROslo

Armageddon Leicester City at Home Match Thread on 16:10 - Oct 28 by aston_hoop

Would get Willock on for Kelman. Against these defenders it might be the game for him

Yes and even though he's only half the player he was he can still keep the ball better than most, which would be a big help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024