Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 198252 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:48 - Jul 1 with 5451 viewsOldPedro

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:56 - Jul 1 by Watford_Ranger

Not really comparable players but that’s an awful lot of dough for potential. Sincerely doubt Leeds are in a position to be turning down far less so I’d guess it’s a lot of extras depending on performance to take it up to £40m.

Lots of big money transfers taking place for players with 'potential' in the last couple of weeks. The thing they seem to have in common, is they came through the club’s academy and will generate pure profit. Any purchase, is then spread over the term of contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx724w5v641o

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:26 - Jul 1 with 4983 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:53 - Jul 1 by Padulas_Shampoo

He's 18, Ilias turns 27 just after the season starts. So you get 9 more years of his career.

He's English - which always carries a premium - and would count as a home grown player, Ilias only came to England aged 19 so didn't get his three years in before he turned 21 so doesn't. That basically gives Spurs another player in European squad selections.

He's played 44 league games at Championship level, most of them coming before his 18th birthday. Ilias had only played 8 league games at Championship level at age 21.

He's been capped at every level by England up to the senior squad and is widely considered to eventually get to that level too.

Gray is likely to improve over the coming seasons, he has the potential to turn into a £100m+ player over the next 4/5 seasons. By which time Ilias will be 32 and however much we love him he's unlikely to raise his standard greatly over the next couple or three years whilst he's at a saleable age.

I don't think anyone's going to redefine their opinion of his value or quality off the back of his team losing a one off game to QPR or them not winning the playoffs.

I don't think they're remotely comparable.

Likely he will be a £100 million player. You get nine more years of his career.

Really.

That's not a given at all. He is a young boy who has never ever played one game at the highest level.

Seriously !!!

If he has only played 44 games and also only at championship level surrounded by premiership players at a massively rich club at that level and he is 18.

He might be focused now but whose to say in a couple of seasons he goes off the rails and there have been many many players who have been capped at every age level and disappeared off the radar for a whole variety of reasons. Not been in an England squad as many have not. And many get capped at every age level and never make the grade when they big boys.

What's the guys name we had on loan from Leeds who went to Sunderland. Jack Clarke. Wasn't he at Spurs at some point also!!!

Performing at a relatively decent level in the championship for a season is no chance a guaranteed £100 million player and for nine more seasons to come. That is far from guaranteed.

Total shot in the dark, i would say !!

Eight Ilias Chairs qualIty type players for four seasons who all guaranteed quality throughout their career to one potential season but for an untested and not guaranteed real deal for just one player and priced highly because he is a teenager.
THATS EIGHT PLAYERS OF QUALITY FOR FOUR SEASONS WHO HAVE PERFORMED WELL FOR SEVERAL SEASONS against

ONE PLAYER WHO IS A YOUNG BOY WHO ONLY HAS 44 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES AS A YOUNG BOY PLAYING WITH TEAMMATES WHO MOST ALREADY PLAYED AT PREMIER LEAGUE LEVEL AND DIDNT EVEN ACHIEVE PROMOTION FROM LOWER LEAGUE...

Are you an agent by any chance. You not got my money sire !!!

We will chat about this in a couple of years time. Money down the drain

If we had Eight chair type quality players in different positions we would easily get promoted and getting all Eight for four seasons also. That would change the club's position big time but if we signed Archie Gray for all that money combined. That's the deal.

Remind me to quote for your new bathroom.

Think you could well be one of those clients that pays over the odds !!!!!! 🤣

Seriously though I can see where the value is and it's not with Archie Gray !!!

MADNESS tbh

But that is football. So far removed from the real world of business sense.
[Post edited 1 Jul 19:19]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:25 - Jul 1 with 4343 viewsHoopsie

He is 18 and hasn’t played in the epl

Spurs will buy for 40 million than either loan him out (to championship} or put in the reserves
, don’t think he will even be on the bench?

So that’s 2 years going into his 8 year contract then by 20 plays in UEFA conference league (or not) but rake up cup games, then by 21 sold for 100 million to man united or Chelsea for his growing potential

Then he will be in England squad because he is from a “big” team without playing many games but the England manager chooses “big” players from “big” clubs with “big” potential

Crazy modern football if this is his trajectory but wish him good luck
[Post edited 1 Jul 22:27]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:52 - Jul 1 with 4202 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:26 - Jul 1 by numptydumpty

Likely he will be a £100 million player. You get nine more years of his career.

Really.

That's not a given at all. He is a young boy who has never ever played one game at the highest level.

Seriously !!!

If he has only played 44 games and also only at championship level surrounded by premiership players at a massively rich club at that level and he is 18.

He might be focused now but whose to say in a couple of seasons he goes off the rails and there have been many many players who have been capped at every age level and disappeared off the radar for a whole variety of reasons. Not been in an England squad as many have not. And many get capped at every age level and never make the grade when they big boys.

What's the guys name we had on loan from Leeds who went to Sunderland. Jack Clarke. Wasn't he at Spurs at some point also!!!

Performing at a relatively decent level in the championship for a season is no chance a guaranteed £100 million player and for nine more seasons to come. That is far from guaranteed.

Total shot in the dark, i would say !!

Eight Ilias Chairs qualIty type players for four seasons who all guaranteed quality throughout their career to one potential season but for an untested and not guaranteed real deal for just one player and priced highly because he is a teenager.
THATS EIGHT PLAYERS OF QUALITY FOR FOUR SEASONS WHO HAVE PERFORMED WELL FOR SEVERAL SEASONS against

ONE PLAYER WHO IS A YOUNG BOY WHO ONLY HAS 44 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES AS A YOUNG BOY PLAYING WITH TEAMMATES WHO MOST ALREADY PLAYED AT PREMIER LEAGUE LEVEL AND DIDNT EVEN ACHIEVE PROMOTION FROM LOWER LEAGUE...

Are you an agent by any chance. You not got my money sire !!!

We will chat about this in a couple of years time. Money down the drain

If we had Eight chair type quality players in different positions we would easily get promoted and getting all Eight for four seasons also. That would change the club's position big time but if we signed Archie Gray for all that money combined. That's the deal.

Remind me to quote for your new bathroom.

Think you could well be one of those clients that pays over the odds !!!!!! 🤣

Seriously though I can see where the value is and it's not with Archie Gray !!!

MADNESS tbh

But that is football. So far removed from the real world of business sense.
[Post edited 1 Jul 19:19]

Using every single one of your arguments Dortmund should never have signed Jude Bellingham for £30m four years ago. I don’t think they have too many regrets.

Not sure how you managed to twist ‘has the potential to become a £100m player’ into ‘likely to become’ or ‘guaranteed’. I quite clearly didn’t say either of those things.

Anyway I don’t think there’s any need to shout. I was just trying to answer the question you asked.
[Post edited 1 Jul 22:57]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:54 - Jul 1 with 4184 viewsGus_iom

Yeah, I'm sure that £40m has a whole host of strings attached
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:49 - Jul 2 with 3943 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:52 - Jul 1 by Padulas_Shampoo

Using every single one of your arguments Dortmund should never have signed Jude Bellingham for £30m four years ago. I don’t think they have too many regrets.

Not sure how you managed to twist ‘has the potential to become a £100m player’ into ‘likely to become’ or ‘guaranteed’. I quite clearly didn’t say either of those things.

Anyway I don’t think there’s any need to shout. I was just trying to answer the question you asked.
[Post edited 1 Jul 22:57]

So you are saying he has the potential to be a Jude Bellingham and the premier league club could pay the £40 million because he could develop to Jude Bellingham class.

That argument has zero validity

There are many many many prospects - there are amazingly few that are Jude Bellingham level - he is a one of a kind of his generation

You said all of those things in how you were justifying him being rated at £40 miliion right now - you were saying he is worth £40 million at 18 and only one season in championship because has the potential to be a £100 million player

He is not worth anywhere near £40 million now and my point made by buying eight Ilias Chair type players in different positions at Ilias's level age and experience and skill quality makes way more sense

You said he is worth £40 million now to a premier league outfit

My point really was I would prefer eight £5 million Ilias Chair type players as to one Archie Gray. And i would imagine 99.9% would agree.

But football world is bonkers !!

Wasn't shouting - just used CAPS to emphasize key point - just words on a screen. No problems
[Post edited 2 Jul 0:59]

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:47 - Jul 2 with 3726 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:49 - Jul 2 by numptydumpty

So you are saying he has the potential to be a Jude Bellingham and the premier league club could pay the £40 million because he could develop to Jude Bellingham class.

There are many many many prospects - there are amazingly few that are Jude Bellingham level - he is a one of a kind of his generation

You said all of those things in how you were justifying him being rated at £40 miliion right now - you were saying he is worth £40 million at 18 and only one season in championship because has the potential to be a £100 million player

He is not worth anywhere near £40 million now and my point made by buying eight Ilias Chair type players in different positions at Ilias's level age and experience and skill quality makes way more sense

My point really was I would prefer eight £5 million Ilias Chair type players as to one Archie Gray. And i would imagine 99.9% would agree.

Wasn't shouting - just used CAPS to emphasize key point - just words on a screen. No problems

I'm not saying that this specific player is worth that much money but the strategy is about potential.

Someone the caliber of Illias Chair, much as we love him, isn't going to get in Spurs team. You could buy 8, 10, 30 players that quality, it doesnt matter how many of them there are. Or, you could buy one player who might or might not be good enough.

I can understand the logic even if I don't agree with the decision.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:21 - Jul 2 with 3501 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:49 - Jul 2 by numptydumpty

I didn’t say he is ‘worth £40m now to a Premier League outfit’ anywhere. You’re getting that from thin air too.

I’m not sure why I’m getting drawn on a debate about this with someone that ‘doesn’t know much about him’. I’d suggest that’s the issue here causing your bewilderment. Maybe watch him or read about him and it might make more sense to you.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Jul 2 with 3200 views1MoreBrightonR

i think it's fair to say that if you offered Spurs 10 ilias Chairs, they wouldnt be interested other than to sell them and make some cash....he's nowhere near good enough to be in their team and unlikely, at his age, to improve enough to get in to it. Gray may not be either but he has a lot more chance of improving and getting in to it at some point.

If the argument was about a championship club paying £40m for him, then the x number of Chairs instead argument may have some meaning, but it really doesnt when it comes to spurs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 3193 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top-quality off-season argument here, folks!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - Jul 2 with 3055 viewsQPR_Jim

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Jul 2 by 1MoreBrightonR

i think it's fair to say that if you offered Spurs 10 ilias Chairs, they wouldnt be interested other than to sell them and make some cash....he's nowhere near good enough to be in their team and unlikely, at his age, to improve enough to get in to it. Gray may not be either but he has a lot more chance of improving and getting in to it at some point.

If the argument was about a championship club paying £40m for him, then the x number of Chairs instead argument may have some meaning, but it really doesnt when it comes to spurs.

Premier league clubs love to hoover up young talent, before they brought in EPPP they would spend millions on teenagers who'd never played at senior level. A young player like this, showing potential at championship level is going to be silly money, he'll either fill a position where you'd have to pay a fortune for an experienced pro or he will fail and they'll move him on at a loss but he'll still have some residual value. It's a risk but all signings are and premier league clubs have so much money they're more worried about missing out on the next big thing.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Jul 2 with 2949 viewsterryb

Although I think £40 million is too high a valuation, Tottenham buying Gray for that amount is basically the same as when they bought Bale & Clarke. One of those came good & one didn't.

The direct comparisons are with Bellingham & Palmer, but good luck to Gray in trying to match their achievments! For a start, Tottenham are unlikely to give Gray the same opportunities to advance as Dortmund did. Personally, I thought Dortmund & The Pensioners were bonkers paying those amounts at the time! Palmer had only made 19 appearances for City.

The amount is different, but were Liverpool mad to pay "over the top" for Sterling? As a 14 year old, that was a far bigger gamble.

In my view, commentators have gone overboard with their praise of Gray last season & that unsurprisingly, his form tailed off as the season progressed. Exactly what you would expect in his first season & at that age. He is, however, the outstanding English teenager around at present.

I've no idea how clubs place a value on potential, but it definitely inflates the price.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Jul 2 with 2756 viewsTK1

Brentford also offered £40 million, but niggled on payment terms and player chose Spurs.

So that's two PL clubs at least who think the payer is worth £40 million quid. Two vastly funded recruitment teams who will have studied Gray at length and recommended they spend that amount now. And we know that Brentford tend to get very good value from signings like this.

Or, it's a fella called 'Numpty' on a QPR messageboard who admits he's not seen much of Archie Gray but does know it's a terrible deal and a sign of the madness of the mdoern world.

It's hard to know which is the more reliable valuation.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:45 - Jul 2 with 2718 viewsEastR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:15 - Jul 2 by 1MoreBrightonR

Spurs wouldn't be interested how ever many Chairs you offer them, unless you're prepared to chuck in a table too

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:13 - Jul 2 with 2531 viewsBklynRanger

With enough gaffer tape you could combine the 8 Ilias Chairs into one 16 legged cylinder of doom - that's got to be worth as much as one single Archie Gray and would be good to watch.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:30 - Jul 2 with 2405 viewsQuillPenRiot

If there were 10 Chairs, who would be the 11th on the pitch? Goalie? Or we could the beast Frey as the perfect giant to feast off of delicious service. Still we’d be vulnerable to set pieces, a little short

https://tenor.com/view/spinal-tap-stonehenge-druids-dwarves-dwarf-gif-1211219430
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:17 - Jul 2 with 2096 viewsHoopsie

Spurs paid £40 million for 18 yo who just played only championship football for a championship team?

What are they waiting for to get Eze from epl club Crystal Palace?

England international, at his peak or near his peak of his career, only £60 million for a release clause? And you are not buying potential, he’s proven.

With such valuation, Eze should be eze-ly a 100 million player at the minimum
[Post edited 2 Jul 12:20]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:22 - Jul 2 with 2054 viewsderbyhoop

Couple of sites suggesting Willock although OOC, is minded to stay with us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 2 with 1887 viewsnumptydumpty

I just said £40 million for an 18 year old who played one season as midfield / right back. He has no goals or assists but that's not his game

Appreciate the fee spread over several seasons etc and loans etc but I just feel figures are way out.

And I wasnt t saying eight ilias chairs ie the same players in the same positions, I was suggesting this is one at right back , one at left back ie covering each of our positions on the pitch. ie of chairs level but yes that point was made from our perspective of ownership at Rangers.

I am entitled to say the valuations to me are bonkers but it is what it is.

Anyhow seems like all and sundry all wanted to pile in on me as enemy number one just fot stating my particular opinion. Feeling a bit battered and beaten down.

People have been misreading what I was attempting to convey , but hey ho !!!

Over and out !!

I have heard a rumour we are in a deal for Archie Gray in a straight swap deal for Ilias and his seven brothers !!!! 😆
[Post edited 2 Jul 12:47]

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:56 - Jul 2 with 1788 viewsEsox_Lucius

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:17 - Jul 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Top-quality off-season argument here, folks!!

Ryan Sessegnon joins the argument.

The grass is always greener.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:58 - Jul 2 with 1774 viewskingsburyR

Seeing more and more Willock staying posts around social media.

Mostly guff but hopefully no smoke without a spark of fire!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:30 - Jul 2 with 1574 viewsjeffranger

Why don’t they bloody announce something then
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:40 - Jul 2 with 1462 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:30 - Jul 2 by jeffranger

Why don’t they bloody announce something then

Get. The fcuk. ON WITH IT!!!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:52 - Jul 2 with 1330 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:58 - Jul 2 by kingsburyR

Seeing more and more Willock staying posts around social media.

Mostly guff but hopefully no smoke without a spark of fire!

My level of enthusiasm for this very much depends on which version of Chris Willock we are getting.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:52 - Jul 2 with 1321 viewsTheChef

Hey chill guys

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024