Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 202951 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:56 - Jul 2 with 4492 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:52 - Jul 2 by Match82

My level of enthusiasm for this very much depends on which version of Chris Willock we are getting.

My understanding is it’s a two year deal with a fairly low release clause so I guess there’s an incentive for him to put a shift in for a move. Part of me would like the club to turn around and say the deal’s off the table but he did do well (probably not as well some people believe) towards the end of the season. No point cutting off noses to spite faces so draw a line under it. I’d be curious to know how his pay changes from last season but no chance we’ll find out.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 4362 viewsDieByYourSide

The queue to sign Willock isn't stretching around the block then? Not a huge surprise.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:26 - Jul 2 with 4153 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Jul 2 by TK1

Brentford also offered £40 million, but niggled on payment terms and player chose Spurs.

So that's two PL clubs at least who think the payer is worth £40 million quid. Two vastly funded recruitment teams who will have studied Gray at length and recommended they spend that amount now. And we know that Brentford tend to get very good value from signings like this.

Or, it's a fella called 'Numpty' on a QPR messageboard who admits he's not seen much of Archie Gray but does know it's a terrible deal and a sign of the madness of the mdoern world.

It's hard to know which is the more reliable valuation.

Brentford offered 35 mill with 5 add ons he then had a medical but then Spurs came in with an offer
of Joe Rodon and 30 mill which Leeds and the player prefered simple as.Is he he’s worth it time will tell and from afar it seemed a lot of money for a club of Brentford’s size to gamble on an 18 year old championship player but by all accounts he’s going to be a top player.I note some on here and other championship clubs fans are not that overly impressed with him when seeing him play.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:26 - Jul 2 with 4161 viewsMrSheen

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:56 - Jul 2 by Esox_Lucius

Ryan Sessegnon joins the argument.

That's the one I was thinking of. Him and Patrick Roberts were going to have 100 England caps each by now. John Bostock also disappeared down a hole at Spurs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:46 - Jul 2 with 4023 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:26 - Jul 2 by MrSheen

That's the one I was thinking of. Him and Patrick Roberts were going to have 100 England caps each by now. John Bostock also disappeared down a hole at Spurs.

tbf Sessegnon has been more about injuries hasn't he? Poor guy.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:49 - Jul 2 with 3997 viewsPdog

All of these guys + Carvalho from recent memory, left their 'smaller' club far too early.

For every Sterling & Elliot it works out for, there are many others that should have stayed put little longer (in hindsight). Or maybe they were just overhyped and were never going to make it in the first place..
[Post edited 2 Jul 14:49]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:49 - Jul 2 with 3995 viewsNorthernr

Patrick like hat trick or Patrick like you're patting your dog rick?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:16 - Jul 2 with 3813 viewsbosh67

Possibly left field but is Willock holding out to see what happens with his best buddy Chair and his assault case before signing again?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:35 - Jul 2 with 3671 viewskingsburyR

Watford mate of mine says Watford confident of getting Paal next week.

Is this new Brazilian we are looking at a direct replacement?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - Jul 2 with 3453 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:35 - Jul 2 by kingsburyR

Watford mate of mine says Watford confident of getting Paal next week.

Is this new Brazilian we are looking at a direct replacement?

The Brazilian is right sided isn't he?

Does Paal have 12 months left? I do like him but I also think it would be great business if we could get a couple of million for him as I don't think he's any better than what we've been since he joined. Doesn't offer much quality going forward and seems to be prone to leaving huge gaps on his side of the field sometimes.

I'd like to think 'the new us' will be able to source a comparable or better replacement for less than the going rate of an established Championship player.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - Jul 2 with 3443 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 2 by numptydumpty

I just said £40 million for an 18 year old who played one season as midfield / right back. He has no goals or assists but that's not his game

Appreciate the fee spread over several seasons etc and loans etc but I just feel figures are way out.

And I wasnt t saying eight ilias chairs ie the same players in the same positions, I was suggesting this is one at right back , one at left back ie covering each of our positions on the pitch. ie of chairs level but yes that point was made from our perspective of ownership at Rangers.

I am entitled to say the valuations to me are bonkers but it is what it is.

Anyhow seems like all and sundry all wanted to pile in on me as enemy number one just fot stating my particular opinion. Feeling a bit battered and beaten down.

People have been misreading what I was attempting to convey , but hey ho !!!

Over and out !!

I have heard a rumour we are in a deal for Archie Gray in a straight swap deal for Ilias and his seven brothers !!!! 😆
[Post edited 2 Jul 12:47]

I get what you're saying, I just disagree :)

Didn't mean to beat you down - apologies if I have. You Rs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:13 - Jul 2 with 3413 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - Jul 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

The Brazilian is right sided isn't he?

Does Paal have 12 months left? I do like him but I also think it would be great business if we could get a couple of million for him as I don't think he's any better than what we've been since he joined. Doesn't offer much quality going forward and seems to be prone to leaving huge gaps on his side of the field sometimes.

I'd like to think 'the new us' will be able to source a comparable or better replacement for less than the going rate of an established Championship player.

If Paal isn't going to extend then you sell now I guess, but don't underestimate the value of a player who routinely plays 46 games a season all of them at 6/7 out of 10.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:24 - Jul 2 with 3315 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:13 - Jul 2 by Northernr

If Paal isn't going to extend then you sell now I guess, but don't underestimate the value of a player who routinely plays 46 games a season all of them at 6/7 out of 10.

Very true. And 6/7 out of 10 is exactly what he is.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:26 - Jul 2 with 3293 viewskingsburyR

JCS to Palace (apologies of a spackman or complete BS). £7m being quoted.

Nice sell on clause also please.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Jul 2 with 3250 viewsLoyalitat

Totally agree. Were he to be sold, he will be missed for consistency in his performances and durability. He won't be easy to replace. At present, neither Fox nor Larkeche are at his level in my view.
[Post edited 2 Jul 16:41]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:43 - Jul 2 with 3110 viewsTheChef

Would be very sorry to see him go.

He has gone on the Girona trip though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:55 - Jul 2 with 3013 viewsVancouverHoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Jul 2 by Loyalitat

Totally agree. Were he to be sold, he will be missed for consistency in his performances and durability. He won't be easy to replace. At present, neither Fox nor Larkeche are at his level in my view.
[Post edited 2 Jul 16:41]

Quite. I get that that JCS will/should mean a big payday and if Paal wants to leave we've no real choice. But our back four were the most reliable part of our squad last season, pulling them apart doesn't seem a brilliant idea. So for continuity reasons alone I'd hang on to Cannon, even if Hevertton signs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:09 - Jul 2 with 2909 viewsdmm

It would appear Willock has not travelled with the squad to Girona. That suggests he's still wrangling even though his contract has expired.

For me that doesn't come across at all well. In fact it feels like he's being an arsehole. I wouldn't shed a tear if he left.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:24 - Jul 2 with 2778 viewsytt28

Exactly this.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:46 - Jul 2 with 2610 viewsMaggsinho

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:09 - Jul 2 by dmm

It would appear Willock has not travelled with the squad to Girona. That suggests he's still wrangling even though his contract has expired.

For me that doesn't come across at all well. In fact it feels like he's being an arsehole. I wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

Not sure about that, the club have released a teaser video which I think is the precursor to announcing Willock has signed a new deal.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:44 - Jul 2 with 2294 viewsCiderwithRsie

I see the logic of selling Paal but have to say that apart from players who Marti obviously doesn't rate (e.g. Dozzell) or who he's only used because there wasn't any alternative (e.g. Begovic) I'd really like to see a year of him being able to work with the current squad plus reinforcements.

I'm not saying that makes sense financially, and I won't be chucking toys about if e.g. Chair or Willock are sold, but if possible I like to see that growth and development in the squad rather than Redknapp style buying and selling.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:54 - Jul 2 with 2215 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:22 - Jul 2 by derbyhoop

Couple of sites suggesting Willock although OOC, is minded to stay with us.

Willock has faith, alas, I have no faith in him.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:18 - Jul 2 with 1827 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - Jul 2 by Padulas_Shampoo

I get what you're saying, I just disagree :)

Didn't mean to beat you down - apologies if I have. You Rs.

No worries Padula

It wasn't you alone. There was a bit of a pile on !!!

But it's OK. As my old nan used to say. It's brilliant that everybody is different.

And yes likewise, I do see the logic of your argument in today's transfer market place and totally get the valuation figures etc, just think transfer fees are massively warped these days way beyond their values.

I remember getting excited when we signed Roy Wegerle for just £1 million, I think in 1990. What a player...
🙂
In the "olden days"

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 1499 viewsOldPedro

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:18 - Jul 2 by numptydumpty

No worries Padula

It wasn't you alone. There was a bit of a pile on !!!

But it's OK. As my old nan used to say. It's brilliant that everybody is different.

And yes likewise, I do see the logic of your argument in today's transfer market place and totally get the valuation figures etc, just think transfer fees are massively warped these days way beyond their values.

I remember getting excited when we signed Roy Wegerle for just £1 million, I think in 1990. What a player...
🙂
In the "olden days"

A lot of these transfer fees/values at the moment are just total boll ocks

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:02 - Jul 2 with 1332 viewsHoopsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:26 - Jul 2 by switchingcode

Brentford offered 35 mill with 5 add ons he then had a medical but then Spurs came in with an offer
of Joe Rodon and 30 mill which Leeds and the player prefered simple as.Is he he’s worth it time will tell and from afar it seemed a lot of money for a club of Brentford’s size to gamble on an 18 year old championship player but by all accounts he’s going to be a top player.I note some on here and other championship clubs fans are not that overly impressed with him when seeing him play.

If you ask us, we have seen it, their lot got trounced 4-0 at our place.

Boy was he anonymous

Can’t blame him alone, the entire Leeds team were poor as pi$$

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024