Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we capable of going up next season. 22:24 - Apr 29 with 7371 viewsqpr_1968

why not...
we can beat anyone..
consistency.....
couple of new signings...
full house every game..
top manager...
do you know what....can't fking wait for next season.
big name friendly at home...
tour of ireland....that will do me...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 22:26 - Apr 29 with 4004 viewsJimmyR

I’m going to stick a oner on it… purely due to MC
Are we capable of going up next season. on 22:27 - Apr 29 with 3996 viewsaston_hoop

Honestly, just a calmer season than this one would be great. If that includes some younger players who we can develop, even better. I'll take slow progress for now with MC at the helm

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 3935 viewsstevec

Not unless we sort out the front four.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 22:32 - Apr 29 with 3949 viewsqpr_1968

Are we capable of going up next season. on 22:31 - Apr 29 by stevec

Not unless we sort out the front four.

agree..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 02:48 - Apr 30 with 3693 viewssaxbend

Yes, but not in the sense that it would be a failure if we didn't get anywhere near.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 05:47 - Apr 30 with 3575 viewsitsbiga

No we’re not.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 07:40 - Apr 30 with 3366 viewsWokingR

Stop it !
Stop it now !

We all know it is the hope that causes all the problems.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 07:43 - Apr 30 with 3353 viewsdaveB

with the current squad not a chance but with some good additions this summer there is a chance of the playoffs same as pretty much every other team
Login to get fewer ads

Are we capable of going up next season. on 07:53 - Apr 30 with 3304 viewsTomS

Dream on, but no we're not.

We were very lucky this season that key players all avoided injury on a squad with very little depth of talent. That is unusual and it may not happen again.

As alluded to already, we need to resolve concerns in the front line and in goal. We will probably lose some of our better players over the summer.

The teams competing for promotion will include those benefitting from parachute payments, which gives them a massive competitive advantage.

A top half finish would be tremendous, but optimistic.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:00 - Apr 30 with 3285 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we capable of going up next season. on 07:53 - Apr 30 by TomS

Dream on, but no we're not.

We were very lucky this season that key players all avoided injury on a squad with very little depth of talent. That is unusual and it may not happen again.

As alluded to already, we need to resolve concerns in the front line and in goal. We will probably lose some of our better players over the summer.

The teams competing for promotion will include those benefitting from parachute payments, which gives them a massive competitive advantage.

A top half finish would be tremendous, but optimistic.

I would just take Marti being with us all season, really. Enormous task to get us top 6.

However, even with the absolute drivel he inherited, you would only need to turn 6 of our defeats into wins and we would be sixth.

You might argue that wouldn't have been impossible if he had been with us from August....

Can he do it next season? Really depends on the transfer business, ins and outs. Whether Cook stays fit. All sorts of ifs and buts. But sure as hell looking forward to finding out.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:43 - Apr 30 with 3166 viewsrobith

I think maybe a couple of Andersen/Frey style algoball signings, and we'll have a lovely time and reach the heady heights of 11th and everyone will be posting "Has Marti taken us as far as he can?"
Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:46 - Apr 30 with 3154 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:43 - Apr 30 by robith

I think maybe a couple of Andersen/Frey style algoball signings, and we'll have a lovely time and reach the heady heights of 11th and everyone will be posting "Has Marti taken us as far as he can?"

Exactly.
I laughed when I saw the title of the thread.

We gave him less than 72 hours to savour the success.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we capable of going up next season. on 08:59 - Apr 30 with 3080 viewsPunteR

No doubt, Marti is a capable manager that could manage a top 6 championship club. A few new signings and like DaveB says we have as much chance as anyone.
That's the whole point of a football season isn't it? I wouldn't write us off before we've started, especially since the stats already show that Marti C's points total from when he joined would have put us in the top 6. (i think i read that!) .
We're going in the right direction that's for sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Are we capable of going up next season. on 09:23 - Apr 30 with 2997 viewsstantheman10

See this is the problem! Yes we are capable of competing in this division but it's no good getting ahead of ourselves. All this does is get some thinking we are going to be top 6 next season and starts putting pressure on Cifuentes to deliver and if we're 16th at Christmas some will be saying he's got to go. Let the bloke have at least one season getting us on an even keel and see where that takes us for a push the following season. Then if we do make the top 6 this coming season then that's a bonus. I'd prefer us to have a crack at the League Cup or maybe progress in the FA Cup this season coming.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 09:30 - Apr 30 with 2976 viewslondonscottish

At the moment it looks to me as if Marti and the new CEO are sticking plasters over a decade of chaos behind the scenes. Well maybe them and the new head of sports science.

So now we have a better coach, fitter players and a CEO who seems to bring some nous, young though he is.

LOADS more to do on the recruitment side - again, we've seen some early positive signs but there's a long way to go. And what about the academy?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 10:45 - Apr 30 with 2800 viewsTheChef

Championship innit. Anything is possible.

But let's see first what our squad looks like once the transfer window SLAMS SHUT at the end of August.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 10:51 - Apr 30 with 2770 viewsThird_Division_South

At the moment I’m just looking forward to a boring mid table season where I can go to games without the gut wrenching fear that every goal conceded, game lost etc is crucial.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:09 - Apr 30 with 2687 viewsibnumber10

Nice to have a positive thread rather than the potential league one reset we were facing before Marti
My head says he needs at least 2 summer transfer windows and some FFP headroom before a promotion push, but I’ll stick a tenner on just in case.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:23 - Apr 30 with 2644 viewsBlackCrowe

Top third is my aspiration for next season.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:46 - Apr 30 with 2569 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We should be targeting the play-offs. Under Marti we've matched all of the top six - would have beaten WBA and Ipswich if the handballs had been given, beat Leicester away, hammered Leeds, merited a draw against Norwich and lost 1-0 to Southampton. And that's with this squad.

No reason that we can't be in the top six next season.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 11:56 - Apr 30 with 2534 viewsed_83

We're 10th in the form table since Marti took over - it's impossible to know how that'll translate to next season, but there's clearly been a massive improvement since he came in.

I think our target should be to finish in the top half of the table next season, with half an eye on challenging for the playoff spots. Anything more than that feels optimistic.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:05 - Apr 30 with 2492 viewsqprninja

I'd like to see sensible and progressive growth for a change, Not chucking money at StefJo and Austin type idiocy. The new CEO seems pretty switched on, so I'm hopeful.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:06 - Apr 30 with 2478 viewsGloucs_R

Need 2 strikers, a keeper and another DM. Plus a replacement for Willock.

Get all of these, lose nobody we won't to leave....I think top 10 would be realistic.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:12 - Apr 30 with 2466 viewsDavieQPR

As we improve with two or three signings parachute clubs improve with five or six signings.
Are we capable of going up next season. on 12:15 - Apr 30 with 2446 viewskensalriser

On the basis of one freak win against a tired, nervy and inexperienced promotion chasing team?

Absolutely. I’m extrapolating a four nil victory in all our next 47 competitive games* starting at Coventry.

*not including cup games, obviously we will still lose those.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024