Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Drewe 16:09 - May 9 with 6135 viewsaston_hoop

His turn today

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/09/aaron-drewe-departs/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Aaron Drewe on 16:11 - May 9 with 3697 viewsNorthernr

Nourry's quest to say the weirdest thing he can think of in each press release continues, praising Drewe's "inquisitive mind"

Constantly asking questions the lad. Questions like "when did Sorba Thomas move to Huddersfield?" and "fck me was he always this good?".
Aaron Drewe on 16:11 - May 9 with 3675 viewsbosh67

The kid speaks very well in the piece. Good luck to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Aaron Drewe on 16:15 - May 9 with 3614 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good luck to him and hope he gets a new club soon.
Got a decent amount of game time with us but not quite Championship standard.
Aaron Drewe on 16:18 - May 9 with 3575 viewsstevec

Must be disconcerting to see BOOT SALE as related news.

Good luck to him though, reckon he’ll find a place at a slightly lower level.
Aaron Drewe on 16:20 - May 9 with 3545 viewsJevlar

Aaron Drewe on 16:11 - May 9 by Northernr

Nourry's quest to say the weirdest thing he can think of in each press release continues, praising Drewe's "inquisitive mind"

Constantly asking questions the lad. Questions like "when did Sorba Thomas move to Huddersfield?" and "fck me was he always this good?".

Maybe he asked Nourry if there will ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark.
Aaron Drewe on 16:30 - May 9 with 3412 viewslassel

Good luck to him, seems a good kid, just wasn’t quite good enough unfortunately.
Aaron Drewe on 16:59 - May 9 with 3231 viewsDWQPR

To be honest nowhere good enough. We’ve all agreed that Kakay is not championship standard, although I think he would be League One, but Drewe was well behind Kakay and at the age of 23 should have made the right back spot his own if he was good enough, as Darnell did. His loan moves some volumes, mainly non-league. Our kids if good enough should at worse be loaned to league one clubs. But frankly they have not been good enough and released as soon as possible rather than being allowed to hang on until their early 20’s.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Aaron Drewe on 17:06 - May 9 with 3164 viewsCateLeBonR

A brave player who gave his all. Can’t ask much more than that. Good luck Aaron!
Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Drewe on 17:07 - May 9 with 3165 viewsperpignanR

Seems like a decent lad, good luck to him in the future.
Aaron Drewe on 17:13 - May 9 with 3118 viewsmart_Goblin

In the minority but never thought he was as bad as most think .
Gutsy tidy player who like many of our ‘youngsters’ are developing too late .
Many say he was out of his depth and I actually never saw that . Even against Thomas, he was given a tough game but blocked cross after cross and frustrated him as much as Thomas got the better of him . I know most will disagree but as an ex defender he did ok.
Not going to disagree with him being released and think it’s right for both parties as he falls a little short of what we need to progress both physically and ability wise,
But good luck to him for the future .

In a slightly negative note , there should be an inquest into everybody involved in the Academy' over the last decade as we continue to release academy products with no sell on value whatsoever.
There are a lot of people still at the club who have been involved a long time and have produced very little indeed .
Aaron Drewe on 17:29 - May 9 with 3011 viewsNed_Kennedys

Aaron Drewe on 16:59 - May 9 by DWQPR

To be honest nowhere good enough. We’ve all agreed that Kakay is not championship standard, although I think he would be League One, but Drewe was well behind Kakay and at the age of 23 should have made the right back spot his own if he was good enough, as Darnell did. His loan moves some volumes, mainly non-league. Our kids if good enough should at worse be loaned to league one clubs. But frankly they have not been good enough and released as soon as possible rather than being allowed to hang on until their early 20’s.

Agreed about the loans: some on here are claiming a number of our young players like Aoraha are good enough to step up but it’s a massive step up without first team experience elsewhere. We’ve had players lent to non league clubs who can’t get in or stay in the team so what chance do they have with us.
Aaron Drewe on 17:29 - May 9 with 3013 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with all of that first paragraph, Goblin.

(No idea about the inquest bit.)
Aaron Drewe on 17:30 - May 9 with 2993 viewspaulhoop2

Well said Alex Carroll should be dumped mega wage does nothing for club another player that Ramsey kept on that’s not up to standard

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Aaron Drewe on 17:35 - May 9 with 2964 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Aaron Drewe on 17:13 - May 9 by mart_Goblin

Many say he was out of his depth and I actually never saw that . Even against Thomas, he was given a tough game but blocked cross after cross and frustrated him as much as Thomas got the better of him . I know most will disagree but as an ex defender he did ok.
Not going to disagree with him being released and think it’s right for both parties as he falls a little short of what we need to progress both physically and ability wise,

In a slightly negative note , there should be an inquest into everybody involved in the Academy' over the last decade as we continue to release academy products with no sell on value whatsoever.
There are a lot of people still at the club who have been involved a long time and have produced very little indeed .

Gave this a upvote before I read the second paragraph, which I disagree with thoroughly.
Aaron Drewe on 17:36 - May 9 with 2943 viewsstainrods_elbow

Maybe if a big chunk of Academy staff salaries was performance-based, that might be a step in the right direction. At the moment, it seems, it's a monetised/subsidised culture of failure. Mind you, if that happened, I suspect one or two would be out the door before you could say 'Where's Taylor Richards?'

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Aaron Drewe on 17:40 - May 9 with 2920 viewsE15Hoop

Flipping this around to the positive, its clear that Nourry has a very clear vison of how he wants next season to look in terms of the profile of the first-team squad, but also what the Academy should be producing, and how that whole pathway should be working.

Its not even a week since the season ended, but we've already had significant movement both in terms of contract extensions and dealing with expirations.

At youth level, Trialist A, B, C, D, E and F all seem to be making regular appearances at both U-23 and U-18 level, so it suggests that words have indeed been had..

Stuff is occurring...
Aaron Drewe on 17:54 - May 9 with 2835 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Aaron Drewe on 17:40 - May 9 by E15Hoop

Flipping this around to the positive, its clear that Nourry has a very clear vison of how he wants next season to look in terms of the profile of the first-team squad, but also what the Academy should be producing, and how that whole pathway should be working.

Its not even a week since the season ended, but we've already had significant movement both in terms of contract extensions and dealing with expirations.

At youth level, Trialist A, B, C, D, E and F all seem to be making regular appearances at both U-23 and U-18 level, so it suggests that words have indeed been had..

Stuff is occurring...

The trialists are only those released by other clubs, not players coming through the Academy.

Don't forget we are competing with a certain local rival who hoover up youngsters. Plus we get no fee for youth players poached by level 1 clubs.

The Academy has been run with one hand tied behind its back.
Aaron Drewe on 18:08 - May 9 with 2746 viewsderbyhoop

Very harsh re Academy. Any academy producing 1 player per year, on average, would be a success.
Kakay - 100+ apps
Eze
Chair?
Lumley
Kolli
Armstrong

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Aaron Drewe on 18:25 - May 9 with 2655 viewsNorthernr

Aaron Drewe on 17:40 - May 9 by E15Hoop

Stuff is occurring...

As opposed to this time last year when, after a biblical collapse that really should have relegated us, absolutely nothing happened for six weeks.
Aaron Drewe on 18:25 - May 9 with 2649 viewsmart_Goblin

Aaron Drewe on 18:08 - May 9 by derbyhoop

Very harsh re Academy. Any academy producing 1 player per year, on average, would be a success.
Kakay - 100+ apps
Eze
Chair?
Lumley
Kolli
Armstrong

Come on let’s stop getting confused between the academy and the development squad or making excuses …

Eze
Chair
Armstrong

Didn’t come through our academy .

They came as young adults into a development setup .
I’m talking about players coming from school or earlier . That’s an academy graduate .
Kakay making 100 appearances is something I won’t deny is a great achievement coming from someone who was at QPR from 13 but released at 18 because I wasn’t anywhere near good enough. It is something the academy should be proud of but let’s add up the profits made by sales of academy graduates on to bigger and better things in the last 10 years ?
Furlong . That’s a success story.
But who else ?

With our MO over the last 10 years, it should be how we survive .
Credit Les and others for signing Eze and Chair. But that’s a different thing completely .

I agree with what others have said and that the club seems to have a vision of sorts and with the new training complex hopefully we should see fruits of this in the near future .
But come on, to insinuate that it’s been successful is just ignoring basic facts.
Anyway only how I see it

I did say I’d be in the minority
[Post edited 9 May 18:27]
Aaron Drewe on 18:38 - May 9 with 2573 viewsLazyFan

Decent player who should play L1 level.
Not big or strong enough or fast enough for Champ.

But he had the skills so, should be okay at L1.
Good luck to him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Aaron Drewe on 18:50 - May 9 with 2523 viewsQPROslo

Good luck Aaron!
Aaron Drewe on 19:07 - May 9 with 2435 viewsHayesender

Lots of rose tinted specs on here. Good luck to the lad, but will be lucky to get a national league south level club.

Hopefully him and Kakay is the start of a massive clear out

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Aaron Drewe on 19:43 - May 9 with 2276 viewsPdog

Aaron Drewe on 19:07 - May 9 by Hayesender

Lots of rose tinted specs on here. Good luck to the lad, but will be lucky to get a national league south level club.

Hopefully him and Kakay is the start of a massive clear out

I find it intriguing that a guy who was probably the best player in his school by far, coached by a pro team since age of 8, could turn up at a 5-a side game and tear most to shreds, is then so far off what it takes for championship /L1 club.

Goes to show the levels to this game and how good the top players really are. At his age he needs real game experience, good luck to him.
[Post edited 9 May 19:44]
Aaron Drewe on 20:02 - May 9 with 2189 viewsSuperhoops2808

For me, what I like to see is the fact that most ex first team players are being given a proper send off rather than just being part of a lengthy list as we have done in the past - So thats a positive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024