Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit Bhatia 15:36 - Jul 21 with 27105 viewsloftboy

Completely left the club and sold his shares.

Poll: Who’s starting between the sticks v Preston?

0
Amit Bhatia on 07:45 - Jul 22 with 4399 viewsNorthernr

Amit Bhatia on 07:00 - Jul 22 by EastR

Those letters represented increased commercial revenue for the club. Let's hope if that's to be discontinued there's a plan to replace it.


Yeh, it's nothing more than an FFP work around, similar to what Stoke do, so if they are coming down it'll only become the Richard Reilly stand, or another member of Ruben's extended family.

Like with Mr Q Casino, FFP/PSR makes clubs do grubby things.
6
Amit Bhatia on 07:45 - Jul 22 with 4397 viewsloftus77

Amit Bhatia on 16:54 - Jul 21 by KensalT

It did but it's just Ruben buying up clubs. Reilly's not involved with him on that.

Ruben now has three clubs:
- QPR
- LA FC
- Central Coast Mariners

I'm sure it's just coincidence that someone who owns a major port is buying up football clubs in places that have big ports.

Maybe he just likes being close to the water.


The Belt and Roads Initiative (BRI) - maybe he's using the famed Chinese model.....
1
Amit Bhatia on 07:50 - Jul 22 with 4369 viewsGloucs_R

Amit Bhatia on 07:18 - Jul 22 by davman

Let's be honest here. He appeared to help when Briatore was persuaded to take a back seat, but aside from that I am not sure that he has done that much for us. Certainly went in to hiding when the going got tough. Hardly seen or heard from since his name turned up on a stand.

He had EVERY chance to get more involved, but did not and has never explained why.

The only concern is that we have gone from three rich owners to just one, which leaves us incredibly vulnerable seeing as the club is still c£20m a year of being "self sufficient ".


Let's also be honest, it's not his money. It's his 's. Father-in-law!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

0
Amit Bhatia on 08:41 - Jul 22 with 4190 viewsDejR_vu

Reflecting on this, it is an absolute travesty what the football authorities have done to the sport. Regardless of views on whether he’s done a good job or not, here’s an owner with monumental wealth behind him, who’s been in situ for close to 20 years, basically giving up on a decent, historic second tier club because attempting to progress has become futile. The owners can’t fund their ambitions because the authorities stop them, under some ridiculous pretence that’s the only way to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners, basically punishing good owners because of the occasional weapon who, if they’d been fit for purpose, the authorities would never have allowed to buy a club in the first place; basically, making decent owners carry the can for their own incompetence. Not forgetting, of course, the thinly veiled drive to ensure decent, historic Championship clubs never forget their place in the food chain.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

23
Amit Bhatia on 09:02 - Jul 22 with 4101 viewswombat

Amit Bhatia on 15:49 - Jul 21 by slmrstid

Can we bring back the South Africa Road stand in that case then?


doubt it that work around helped bring in much needed sponsership cash a few seasons ago.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

0
Amit Bhatia on 09:04 - Jul 22 with 4094 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Amit Bhatia on 08:41 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

Reflecting on this, it is an absolute travesty what the football authorities have done to the sport. Regardless of views on whether he’s done a good job or not, here’s an owner with monumental wealth behind him, who’s been in situ for close to 20 years, basically giving up on a decent, historic second tier club because attempting to progress has become futile. The owners can’t fund their ambitions because the authorities stop them, under some ridiculous pretence that’s the only way to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners, basically punishing good owners because of the occasional weapon who, if they’d been fit for purpose, the authorities would never have allowed to buy a club in the first place; basically, making decent owners carry the can for their own incompetence. Not forgetting, of course, the thinly veiled drive to ensure decent, historic Championship clubs never forget their place in the food chain.


Great post, DejR.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday, a Liverpool fan.

He asked why Bhatia would leave Rangers for another club.

I said part of the reason was that the rules in English football handcuffed Championship owners.

Your post nails it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

5
Amit Bhatia on 09:11 - Jul 22 with 4058 viewsDejR_vu

Amit Bhatia on 09:04 - Jul 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Great post, DejR.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday, a Liverpool fan.

He asked why Bhatia would leave Rangers for another club.

I said part of the reason was that the rules in English football handcuffed Championship owners.

Your post nails it.


Very sad and very short-sighted of the authorities imo. It’s healthy to have small club success stories. They’ve all but killed it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

6
Amit Bhatia on 09:14 - Jul 22 with 4039 viewsthehat

Amit Bhatia on 09:04 - Jul 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Great post, DejR.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday, a Liverpool fan.

He asked why Bhatia would leave Rangers for another club.

I said part of the reason was that the rules in English football handcuffed Championship owners.

Your post nails it.


Agree fantastic post - The FFP rule is a restrictive practise rule which is completely alien to free trade in a democratic free world.

I'm surprised it hasn't been challenged in the High Court because football is an industry.
6
Login to get fewer ads

Amit Bhatia on 09:23 - Jul 22 with 3982 viewsDejR_vu

Amit Bhatia on 09:14 - Jul 22 by thehat

Agree fantastic post - The FFP rule is a restrictive practise rule which is completely alien to free trade in a democratic free world.

I'm surprised it hasn't been challenged in the High Court because football is an industry.


Absolutely, like a Bosman for owners. I guess though, it’s just easier to move on from a small club and buy into a bigger one than it is to take on the authorities.
[Post edited 22 Jul 9:24]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

2
Amit Bhatia on 15:51 - Jul 22 with 3606 viewsBeejnewark

Well, if we're putting Ruben's surname on his stand, let's hope we're charging by the letter..
4
Amit Bhatia on 17:39 - Jul 22 with 3436 viewsJuzzie

At the end of the day all football clubs are just playthings for these people.
0
Amit Bhatia on 17:47 - Jul 22 with 3410 viewskensalriser

Amit Bhatia on 07:18 - Jul 22 by davman

Let's be honest here. He appeared to help when Briatore was persuaded to take a back seat, but aside from that I am not sure that he has done that much for us. Certainly went in to hiding when the going got tough. Hardly seen or heard from since his name turned up on a stand.

He had EVERY chance to get more involved, but did not and has never explained why.

The only concern is that we have gone from three rich owners to just one, which leaves us incredibly vulnerable seeing as the club is still c£20m a year of being "self sufficient ".


Yes and no.

Again, the Mittal/Bhatia holding has been reducing for years as Ruben converts debt to equity, which is effectively buying their shares. They've obviously been OK with that and not willing to fund the club any further. They may well be wealthy, but their money hasn't been available to QPR for a long time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

4
Amit Bhatia on 22:19 - Jul 25 with 2723 viewsrbee

Amit Bhatia on 16:04 - Jul 21 by thehat

What a shame - With Amit we always had the financial security of the Mittal family.

We really are now relying on just Ruben to bail us out financially.


Yes it's not good to lose that safety net.

If Amit secures his significant minority holding then hopefully we shall get some good Liverpool youngsters on loan.

The Mittal's obviously think that there is money to be made in football and I think they are right. The crazy prices City have paid for Elliott Anderson and Chelsea for Morgan Rogers will be eclipsed before too long.

I read a few months ago that Disney are very keen to get on the Premier League bandwagon, Amazon want to get a bigger slice. Sky will have stiff competition at the next negotiating table hence their move to buy ITV I think. Deals worldwide will significantly increase.
0
Amit Bhatia on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 1784 viewsGaryBannister86

Anyone else feel a bit odd that he's (i) now vice Chairman of Liverpool (ii) managed to persuade one of the richest people in the land to join his consortium and (iii) looks like they are going to own all of the club soon?

Yes, I know it's easier to persuade Bezos to invest in Liverpool that us, but it leaves a bit of a sour taste I reckon. Especially as his ownership involvement was hardly a roaring success. So much for being an R for life, better opportunity comes along and away he goes. I suppose that's the case for everyone but the fans with QPR and always will be. Just gets my goat and doubly so if we remain doffing our cap once they are gone. So I know the naming of the Bhatia stand is money etc but will be happy if we showed some pride and got rid, myself.
2
Amit Bhatia on 16:09 - Aug 18 with 1691 viewsLandshark

Amit Bhatia on 16:02 - Aug 18 by GaryBannister86

Anyone else feel a bit odd that he's (i) now vice Chairman of Liverpool (ii) managed to persuade one of the richest people in the land to join his consortium and (iii) looks like they are going to own all of the club soon?

Yes, I know it's easier to persuade Bezos to invest in Liverpool that us, but it leaves a bit of a sour taste I reckon. Especially as his ownership involvement was hardly a roaring success. So much for being an R for life, better opportunity comes along and away he goes. I suppose that's the case for everyone but the fans with QPR and always will be. Just gets my goat and doubly so if we remain doffing our cap once they are gone. So I know the naming of the Bhatia stand is money etc but will be happy if we showed some pride and got rid, myself.


He's a businessman, business comes first. I've no doubt he loves QPR but when the opportunity comes along to be part of one of the most successful football teams of all time, you have to take it. I have no ill feelings towards him or his family and I wish him well. Hopefully he sends some good prospects our way.
3
Amit Bhatia on 16:13 - Aug 18 with 1663 viewsGaryBannister86

Amit Bhatia on 16:09 - Aug 18 by Landshark

He's a businessman, business comes first. I've no doubt he loves QPR but when the opportunity comes along to be part of one of the most successful football teams of all time, you have to take it. I have no ill feelings towards him or his family and I wish him well. Hopefully he sends some good prospects our way.


Sure, definitely no ill feeling but I don't particularly want to see the name of one of the owners of Liverpool glaring down at me every time I stand in the Loft. Smacks of small time, to me.

As for sending good players our way, I very much doubt that Liverpool will work like that even if / when his consortium owns the place. Anyway, as you say he is a businessman and having seen the inside of QPR for many years I doubt he will think it's a good idea!
1
Amit Bhatia on 16:15 - Aug 18 with 1650 viewsMick_S

Amit Bhatia on 16:02 - Aug 18 by GaryBannister86

Anyone else feel a bit odd that he's (i) now vice Chairman of Liverpool (ii) managed to persuade one of the richest people in the land to join his consortium and (iii) looks like they are going to own all of the club soon?

Yes, I know it's easier to persuade Bezos to invest in Liverpool that us, but it leaves a bit of a sour taste I reckon. Especially as his ownership involvement was hardly a roaring success. So much for being an R for life, better opportunity comes along and away he goes. I suppose that's the case for everyone but the fans with QPR and always will be. Just gets my goat and doubly so if we remain doffing our cap once they are gone. So I know the naming of the Bhatia stand is money etc but will be happy if we showed some pride and got rid, myself.


Football is a great place to network at the highest levels. I don’t know, but feel that he had an affection for QPR. That’s not getting in the way of business. It didn’t transpire to too much that was obvious to me other than raise our profile when the family joined. Or rather, raised theirs within the football/buisness world.

Can’t blame them, it’s what they do to move on and make more.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Amit Bhatia on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 1536 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Him and his mate Jamie Reuben are your archetypical nepo babies (even though Bhatia is more of a nepo baby-in-law). Rather hilarious that his final act as chairman was appointing Gareth to 'scratch an itch'. Great due diligence. Good riddance.
[Post edited 18 Aug 16:31]
0
Amit Bhatia on 16:34 - Aug 18 with 1509 viewsdaveB

Amit Bhatia on 08:41 - Jul 22 by DejR_vu

Reflecting on this, it is an absolute travesty what the football authorities have done to the sport. Regardless of views on whether he’s done a good job or not, here’s an owner with monumental wealth behind him, who’s been in situ for close to 20 years, basically giving up on a decent, historic second tier club because attempting to progress has become futile. The owners can’t fund their ambitions because the authorities stop them, under some ridiculous pretence that’s the only way to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners, basically punishing good owners because of the occasional weapon who, if they’d been fit for purpose, the authorities would never have allowed to buy a club in the first place; basically, making decent owners carry the can for their own incompetence. Not forgetting, of course, the thinly veiled drive to ensure decent, historic Championship clubs never forget their place in the food chain.


and it hasn't even stopped bad owners like at Sheffield Wednesday etc
3
Amit Bhatia on 17:19 - Aug 18 with 1300 viewsconnell10

Bhatia had a smile which never meet his eyes , slimy ....im glad he has gone!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

-1
Amit Bhatia on 17:22 - Aug 18 with 1281 viewsjohnhoop

Just waiting for him to ingratiate himself with the fans by saying “I’ve always been a Liverpool supporter.”
2
Amit Bhatia on 17:35 - Aug 18 with 1202 viewsBluce_Ree

Soulless club. A f**king commodity. They can sing all that YNWA shit but the fact is they're just a number on a spreadsheet now.

That's something QPR will always have. A shitness that keeps us grounded. We flirted with being c*nts when we got rich back in the '10s. But we never went full c*nt because we could never manage to not be shit.

You can't hurt me, my wings are like a shield of shit!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

5
Amit Bhatia on 17:36 - Aug 18 with 1197 views7374Ranger

Amit Bhatia on 16:13 - Aug 18 by GaryBannister86

Sure, definitely no ill feeling but I don't particularly want to see the name of one of the owners of Liverpool glaring down at me every time I stand in the Loft. Smacks of small time, to me.

As for sending good players our way, I very much doubt that Liverpool will work like that even if / when his consortium owns the place. Anyway, as you say he is a businessman and having seen the inside of QPR for many years I doubt he will think it's a good idea!


I agree about the baming of the stand. Unless it us a contracted financial agreement I would like to see the stand either sponsored by another company or rename it after someone who achieved or spent much if their career at the club.

People like Jim Gregory, Terry Venables, Gerry Francis, Rodney Marsh, Dave Clement, Ian Gillard or Alan Mcdonald.
1
Amit Bhatia on 18:14 - Aug 18 with 1060 viewsTK1

Amit Bhatia on 17:36 - Aug 18 by 7374Ranger

I agree about the baming of the stand. Unless it us a contracted financial agreement I would like to see the stand either sponsored by another company or rename it after someone who achieved or spent much if their career at the club.

People like Jim Gregory, Terry Venables, Gerry Francis, Rodney Marsh, Dave Clement, Ian Gillard or Alan Mcdonald.


This is misty-eyed, wishful revisionism for half of these:

Jim Gregory sold the club to a property developer who planned to merge QPR with Fulham and rename us. He then became Pompey's chairman for six years.
Terry Venables played more games for Chelsea than QPR (as well as more time), and spent as much time managing Spurs and Palace.
Gerry, yes, a big QPR man - but still was very happy to go manage Spurs, no matter how he managed that news.
Rodney Marsh was hardly a one-club man and left for a better opportunity at City (understandably). He spent more time away from QPR than at it, just like TV and even Gerry.

Bhatia's 19 continued years at QPR outstrips all of them, other than Gregory.

Clement, Gillard, McDonald: yes, loyal one-club servants, mostly. But none are going to sponsor a stand to the tune of a decent six to seven figures every year!
0
Amit Bhatia on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 945 viewsdmm

Amit Bhatia on 18:14 - Aug 18 by TK1

This is misty-eyed, wishful revisionism for half of these:

Jim Gregory sold the club to a property developer who planned to merge QPR with Fulham and rename us. He then became Pompey's chairman for six years.
Terry Venables played more games for Chelsea than QPR (as well as more time), and spent as much time managing Spurs and Palace.
Gerry, yes, a big QPR man - but still was very happy to go manage Spurs, no matter how he managed that news.
Rodney Marsh was hardly a one-club man and left for a better opportunity at City (understandably). He spent more time away from QPR than at it, just like TV and even Gerry.

Bhatia's 19 continued years at QPR outstrips all of them, other than Gregory.

Clement, Gillard, McDonald: yes, loyal one-club servants, mostly. But none are going to sponsor a stand to the tune of a decent six to seven figures every year!


Steady on. Rodney Marsh was an absolutely key player in our rise from third division obscurity. There were others, of course, but he was the star.

I notice you didn't have the temerity to add Stan Bowles to your list. Very wise.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026