Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 393991 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 4847 views100percent

Dwight Gayle sign's for Sterk......
Transfer Rumours on 11:49 - Jul 22 with 4780 viewshantssi

Transfer Rumours on 08:29 - Jul 22 by BAWHoops

Forest are having the window we all thought they would.

9 players brought in now.

Lingard is a fantastic player, but he's being paid probably 3 times as much as anyone else in the dressing room.
Their promotion was obviously built on sand and if they don't stay up this season they'll probably stay back in the Champ for a good while.

When your owner announces signings before the club does that's always a red flag!

My nephew is a Florist and reckons they’re doing good business and would be set up ok even if they get relegated!
Apparently they’re looking at some no mark from Watford now!
You couldn’t make it up, didn’t anybody look at what happened to us🤦‍♂️
Transfer Rumours on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 4529 viewsLblock

Transfer Rumours on 11:07 - Jul 22 by numptydumpty

I had hoped Moses would have been retained ie cover for both left and right back.

And decent player.

But guessing he hasn't been retained due to fitness issues which is a shame all round as there is definitely a player in there but not the first to have his career blighted by injury ridden seasons !!!

It's amazing how little time he spent injured when playing for a contract at the start and a renewal at the end.

Life's full of little coincidences..... just ask Matthew Rose

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer Rumours on 12:30 - Jul 22 with 4424 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer Rumours on 12:17 - Jul 22 by Lblock

It's amazing how little time he spent injured when playing for a contract at the start and a renewal at the end.

Life's full of little coincidences..... just ask Matthew Rose

Matthew Rose is another one that where the facts get overtaken by the myth.

He had an average of 25 games a season over 9 years.

His injuries seemed more regular than terminal.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 12:31]
Transfer Rumours on 12:49 - Jul 22 with 4267 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 12:30 - Jul 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nah I'm with LBlock on this one. He was a pisstaker.

I can't remember who it was, maybe somebody on Under The Cosh, who said basically as a footballer once you go past 25/26 you're in pain. You're permanently in pain, playing in some sort of pain, some level of pain, essentially every week and every game. If you pulled out of games and didn't play whenever you were in pain you'd never play. There's always some degree of gritting your teeth and getting through it. I'm very cynical about players like Rose and Odubajo who are suddenly able to string games together when a contract is up - that tells me that most of the time you're sitting out with injuries you probably could play through.

Somebody who played with Marc Nygaard told me he used to do everybody's nut. Look at the fcking size and physique of the guy - and yet he'd miss games not only when injured but also "if he thought there was a possibility he might be about to get injured". In the same team that had Gareth Ainsworth trying to run off a spiral fracture of his shin.
Transfer Rumours on 13:11 - Jul 22 with 4120 viewsCorbyQPR

Transfer Rumours on 12:49 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Nah I'm with LBlock on this one. He was a pisstaker.

I can't remember who it was, maybe somebody on Under The Cosh, who said basically as a footballer once you go past 25/26 you're in pain. You're permanently in pain, playing in some sort of pain, some level of pain, essentially every week and every game. If you pulled out of games and didn't play whenever you were in pain you'd never play. There's always some degree of gritting your teeth and getting through it. I'm very cynical about players like Rose and Odubajo who are suddenly able to string games together when a contract is up - that tells me that most of the time you're sitting out with injuries you probably could play through.

Somebody who played with Marc Nygaard told me he used to do everybody's nut. Look at the fcking size and physique of the guy - and yet he'd miss games not only when injured but also "if he thought there was a possibility he might be about to get injured". In the same team that had Gareth Ainsworth trying to run off a spiral fracture of his shin.

Bradley Orr I think
Transfer Rumours on 13:21 - Jul 22 with 4032 viewsconnell10

Transfer Rumours on 10:49 - Jul 22 by toboboly

Surprised Odubajo got any game time considering the apparent severity of his injury

Football is about opinions, but I don't get this he was a good player. To me average at best , injury prone and a liability at times. So I'm totally not fussed he has gone.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer Rumours on 13:31 - Jul 22 with 3932 viewsNorthernr

Transfer Rumours on 13:21 - Jul 22 by connell10

Football is about opinions, but I don't get this he was a good player. To me average at best , injury prone and a liability at times. So I'm totally not fussed he has gone.

That Man Utd goal was the worst thing that could have happened, because he tried to do it another 30 times and the oppo was wise to it - bristol city laid the trap so well they actually scored off it. When he went down the line for once at home to Birmingham they were so stunned we scored off the cross. Came inside more than Boris Johnson.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 13:41 - Jul 22 with 3834 viewsLazyFan

So, from what I recall of his ten seasons with the club, Rose only once played in more than 30 league matches in a season.

This means you have to have a backup player for Rose, as he is unable to complete a season. The backup player has to be as good as Rose season after season as you know Rose won't make it through and we shall need to cover at the same level or better. So, same at least.

Now that backup player if they are at least as good (otherwise they would be in the team instead of Rose) somehow has to be persuaded to wait until Rose can no longer do his less than 30 to have a go. In addition, also be ready to jump in as the injuries may be sporadic and not in batches.

Not to mention a different player who now needs to reintegrate with the first eleven multiple times and somehow stay happy with that too. Remember it's a defensive position so, we need that work as a unit ethic and so on. And that's assuming you can find and keep such a backup and od it season after season.

We were stupid to keep Rose for 10 years, but at least we can see with players like Wallace, that we have changed and are better off letting them go than continue to support their half-season showings every season. We can see how much hassle and disruption this brings to the team and the squad.

Especially when players like Barbet do exist who can put in almost the full amount of games season after season. 113 games in 3 seasons, most of them starters. 37 games per season. See the difference?

It's not just that Rose got injured, it's the frequency of the injuries and how it affected the team season after season that was the problem. When Rose went to Yeovil he managed well over 30 games but had to retire after that one season. Therefore we can deduce that he just did not have the stamina for the modern game and his injuries were a liability for the long campaign of league football.

Finally, who wants to buy a player who gets crocked so frequently during the season?
Even QPR who used to do that and buy players like Sturridge don't do that anyway so, that leaves ... no one that's who.
Therefore no resale value and we are a selling club.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer Rumours on 13:41 - Jul 22 with 3839 viewsLandshark

Transfer Rumours on 09:38 - Jun 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/tottenham-troy-parrott-future-262979

“Tottenham Hotspur have already made a decision on the future of Troy Parrott”

“The Athletic reported that Spurs have decided to loan out the Republic of Ireland attacker for next season, with a Championship move most likely”

No mention of QPR in this article or any other club but we are in the Championship. I’m sure that Evil Spurs Les will be sniffing around this.

This news story has popped up again, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, and QPR all have submitted loan bids for him.

I can't see it myself if what the club is saying is to be believed that they are only looking at loans with a view to buy. I can't see Tottenham selling him.
Transfer Rumours on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 3742 viewsMaggsinho

Transfer Rumours on 13:31 - Jul 22 by Northernr

That Man Utd goal was the worst thing that could have happened, because he tried to do it another 30 times and the oppo was wise to it - bristol city laid the trap so well they actually scored off it. When he went down the line for once at home to Birmingham they were so stunned we scored off the cross. Came inside more than Boris Johnson.

Transfer Rumours on 13:56 - Jul 22 with 3683 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer Rumours on 13:41 - Jul 22 by Landshark

This news story has popped up again, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, and QPR all have submitted loan bids for him.

I can't see it myself if what the club is saying is to be believed that they are only looking at loans with a view to buy. I can't see Tottenham selling him.

With Tyler Roberts the deal with Leeds is that we can buy him for £4m - if we get promoted.

If it were a similar deal with Parrot it might be possible to buy?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer Rumours on 14:11 - Jul 22 with 3568 viewsbosh67

Transfer Rumours on 13:56 - Jul 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

With Tyler Roberts the deal with Leeds is that we can buy him for £4m - if we get promoted.

If it were a similar deal with Parrot it might be possible to buy?

I hope we can get Parrot. He is a very exciting player although I met him once and he was quite annoying in that he just repeated everything I said.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Rumours on 14:18 - Jul 22 with 3497 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer Rumours on 14:11 - Jul 22 by bosh67

I hope we can get Parrot. He is a very exciting player although I met him once and he was quite annoying in that he just repeated everything I said.

Yes I agree. I’ve not seen much of him but he seems to fit the bill.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer Rumours on 14:34 - Jul 22 with 3355 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Of course there us the possibility that there were games he was ’fit’ to play, but he wasn’t selected or used off the bench. While these might have nudged him past 25, there’s always the counter-argument that he’d likely have sustained an injury if he did.

I’ve said this for him and I’ll say it again: I thought he was very good when it really mattered in those final two games in Olly’s promotion season.

However, I don’t blame Rose one jot; it was for QPR to pull the plug if he was ducking out of games. Then again, I was amazed how Charles ‘Chubby’ Austin was allowed to wobble through last season so unfit.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Jul 22 with 3307 viewsMaggsinho

Transfer Rumours on 14:18 - Jul 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm not convinced, just another pretty boy from the Prem.
Transfer Rumours on 14:50 - Jul 22 with 3193 viewsSonofpugwash

Transfer Rumours on 14:18 - Jul 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes according to the Northern Echo we have submitted another bid.
If at first you don't succeed it's Troy,Troy,Troy again.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer Rumours on 15:14 - Jul 22 with 2993 viewsgolborne

Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Jul 22 by Maggsinho

I think they're realising his value, and will be definitely looking to get some £ in while they can.
No goals and assists in 11 for Millwall, and 9 goals and 2 assists in 43 appearances in League One for Dons, a team at the top.
Can't see him coming to much tbh, as much as I'd love to see another Dub in the side
Transfer Rumours on 15:14 - Jul 22 with 2990 viewsDWQPR

Transfer Rumours on 14:37 - Jul 22 by Maggsinho

I reckon he could ruffle some feathers

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer Rumours on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 2961 viewsBerkoRanger

Transfer Rumours on 14:34 - Jul 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Of course there us the possibility that there were games he was ’fit’ to play, but he wasn’t selected or used off the bench. While these might have nudged him past 25, there’s always the counter-argument that he’d likely have sustained an injury if he did.

I’ve said this for him and I’ll say it again: I thought he was very good when it really mattered in those final two games in Olly’s promotion season.

However, I don’t blame Rose one jot; it was for QPR to pull the plug if he was ducking out of games. Then again, I was amazed how Charles ‘Chubby’ Austin was allowed to wobble through last season so unfit.

Didn't Matthew Rose get injured once just stepping out of his car. I'm sure I read that.
Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Jul 22 with 2853 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer Rumours on 14:34 - Jul 22 by PlanetHonneywood

I’m not going to sit here and make the preposterous claim that he wasn’t injured a lot, but the myth is he barely played and it seems to become more and more exaggerated as years pass.

It just isn’t true.

I like him as a player as it happens. Like you say, so did the club for nearly ten consecutive seasons.
Transfer Rumours on 15:42 - Jul 22 with 2796 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Transfer Rumours on 15:33 - Jul 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not going to sit here and make the preposterous claim that he wasn’t injured a lot, but the myth is he barely played and it seems to become more and more exaggerated as years pass.

It just isn’t true.

I like him as a player as it happens. Like you say, so did the club for nearly ten consecutive seasons.

I didn’t ask you too. Then again, neither did I.

Now you just go about your day in the safety and full knowledge that Uncle PH would never, ever, ask you to do something you didn’t want, felt comfortable doing or gave full consent too!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Transfer Rumours on 15:52 - Jul 22 with 2693 viewsMick_S

Transfer Rumours on 15:17 - Jul 22 by BerkoRanger

Didn't Matthew Rose get injured once just stepping out of his car. I'm sure I read that.

Bit harsh. He was on a ferry.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Transfer Rumours on 15:53 - Jul 22 with 2686 viewsDixie_CT

Transfer Rumours on 16:00 - Jul 22 with 2599 viewskensalriser

My first Loftus Rd memory is losing 1-2 to Watford in the cup.

Can't say I wasn't warned.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024